GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm...there might be a 50% bonus credit on ANYTHING traded sometime Black Friday week. Slowly finding some possible upcoming promotions. Don't want to confirm anything until my store gets our FSI kits.
so this would be a better trade in a ps4 for ps pro upgrade path instead of trading now right? I think it is $150 tiv now but i dont know if u have to buy the pro in the same transaction. Thoughts guys? Not sure what to do but i know i want to trade my ps4 that doesnt read discs for a pro...i can do it asap or wait just want the better deal

so this would be a better trade in a ps4 for ps pro upgrade path instead of trading now right? I think it is $150 tiv now but i dont know if u have to buy the pro in the same transaction. Thoughts guys? Not sure what to do but i know i want to trade my ps4 that doesnt read discs for a pro...i can do it asap or wait just want the better deal
go to walmart my store plugged it in and gave me my paper gift card

What bonus for Pokemon Collectibles are you talking about and my stores finally got Genesect codes in.
40% extra trade bonus on games/accessories when you trade for a pokemon collectible. I got a pack of pokemon cards and got a $40 bump. It did not apply to the one retro game I traded though.

40% extra trade bonus on games/accessories when you trade for a pokemon collectible. I got a pack of pokemon cards and got a $40 bump. It did not apply to the one retro game I traded though.
Seems some retro games dont qualify, I am curious all of which work. I traded in some original xbox and dreamcast games and didn't get it but the original gameboy games recieved the bonus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I was able to get the 40% bump of the Pokémon collectibles by getting a booster pack there. Manager had to do an manual override after I showed him the promo on their site. Seems like it didn't work, he kept saying it wasn't on his promo tab or something like that.

I was able to get the 40% bump of the Pokémon collectibles by getting a booster pack there. Manager had to do an manual override after I showed him the promo on their site. Seems like it didn't work, he kept saying it wasn't on his promo tab or something like that.
The 40% bump was automatic for me (after the pokemon booster was scanned).

Blackbeard, it was a PS1 game.

can you link me to the cheapest Pokemon item I can pick up for the boost? I'm not too aware of that stuff.

Also, it's 40% for PUR too? Not 50%?
I picked up a 3.99 pokemon card game booster pack. I'm not sure if there is anything cheaper but it triggered the bonus for me.

Does anyone know the end date of the $150 tiv promo for an xbox one (when buying ps4 pro)?

This promo is shown in a recent email but I don't see an end date.  Thanks in advance.

Blackbeard, it was a PS1 game.
I'm starting to think only retro Nintendo games actually get boosted with TIV promos. I seem to recall someone here getting a promo to work with NES games.

So we know for sure PS1, Dreamcast, Original Xbox games get no TIV boost and Original Gameboy get boosted. I'm going to read back to see what else.

EDIT: Did some reading back and this what I found...

Working:

NES, SNES, N64, Original Gameboy, Sega Saturn

Not Working:

PS1, Dreamcast, Original Xbox

I'm starting to think only retro Nintendo games actually get boosted with TIV promos. I seem to recall someone here getting a promo to work with NES games.

So we know for sure PS1, Dreamcast, Original Xbox games get no TIV boost and Original Gameboy get boosted. I'm going to read back to see what else.

Working:

Not Working:
My copy of Nights into Dream for SS didn't get the boost when I traded in.

Working:

Not Working:

I got the Pokemon bonus with Gamecube games today.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst CE with no game is no longer listed on GS.com, but $48 in store if anybody wants to pick that sweet statue up (Original price $140)!

I got the boost on Saturn Daytona CCE. $15 from a local retro store turned into $45 credit.
Can't believe they haven't fixed that one. From the pat the nes punk podcast it sounds like they basically did no training and have a skeleton crew running the whole retro program.

Chinese reproductions and fakes are going to be all over the place thanks to them.

I don't see the 40% boost when buying Pokemon collectables any more guess it ended yesterday? 40% towards Pokemon sun and Moon still active though.

If I want to pick up Pokémon Sun & Moon, would trading in a couple of DS3 be my best bet? Hardly ever play the PS3 anymore. Or should I just do the ToysRUs deal?

I got the Pokémon 40% bonus on a PS1 Dualshock controller and a GBA game. Strange because a couple weeks back I didn't get the bonus when I traded a PS1 Dualshock controller.

Idk if it's been posted but apparently they're giving out this card. Employee didn't even give it to me until I saw him fiddling with it. Also code look generic.[attachment=24390:1479096017049171891693.jpg]

Idk if it's been posted but apparently they're giving out this card. Employee didn't even give it to me until I saw him fiddling with it. Also code look generic.
attachicon.gif
1479096017049171891693.jpg
Did you make a purchase to get it? You said you were fiddling with it so was it just sitting out? This could be cool.

Hm...there might be a 50% bonus credit on ANYTHING traded sometime Black Friday week. Slowly finding some possible upcoming promotions. Don't want to confirm anything until my store gets our FSI kits.

A 50% bonus credit for OG PS4 is highly unlikely. Currently, the TIV is $150. With the bonus that would make it $225. There's no way Gamestop would go for this when every store will sell it new for $250 on BF.

I believe Walmart has the highest TIV for OG PS4 at $178. https://goo.gl/O9UJdf

Two questions I should probably know the answer to:

1) What's the best way to move my Pokemon pre-order $5 to not penalize my local GS? They did me a huge solid recently and I want to reward them as best I can, but I don't want to pay $8 more the game costs at BB.

2) Is it possible to add $ to a pre-order at a different store than the one you pre-ordered at? I want to take advantage of the Pokemon trade bonus one more time before Friday by throwiung another $1 in but I only have easy access to other GameStops this week. If not, I'll hold off and hope for that rumored 50% trade bump.

Thanks!

1. Cancel the preorder after game has been released

2, I don't think so
Thanks. I'm trying to decide whether I should just keep the pre-order. I'm planning on getting my daughter a 2DS for Christmas and it sounds like fun to play together with her on different versions of the game. I also just got an email from GS about my preorder with a coupon image saying the 40% trade bonus is extended to the 20th.

Two questions I should probably know the answer to:

1) What's the best way to move my Pokemon pre-order $5 to not penalize my local GS? They did me a huge solid recently and I want to reward them as best I can, but I don't want to pay $8 more the game costs at BB.

2) Is it possible to add $ to a pre-order at a different store than the one you pre-ordered at? I want to take advantage of the Pokemon trade bonus one more time before Friday by throwiung another $1 in but I only have easy access to other GameStops this week. If not, I'll hold off and hope for that rumored 50% trade bump.

Thanks!
Cancel pre-orders in December. They won't matter at all to employees during the holiday rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back