GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well sad day for me after the district manager reviewed my two accounts I got a district wide ban. I guess I can no longer flip and boomerang to Gamestop couldn't even pick up my copy of Pokemon Moon. Can't say I didn't have it coming.
They just kept the credit ?

They just kept the credit ?
They probably saw me as leprous and wanted me to gone asap. I wasn't going to argue over $39.99. Just try to be more careful guys. Those junior detectives can really screw you.

Oh a more positive note a B2G1 with pur renewal with the following games will result in some profit with 40% boost.

$40.49
Pokemon Platinum Version

$44.99

Pokemon SoulSilver - Game Only
Pokemon HeartGold - Game Only

$49.49

Paper Mario Color Splash

$34.19

Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Sun
Pokemon Moon
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

$34.19

Attack on Titan PS4
Attack on Titan X1

Anyone know how a district wide ban works? Do I have my picture on a wall telling employees not to deal with me or should I just wait a year to come back.

Skyrim Special Edition is guaranteed $30 credit till the 26th so if you buy it on Black Friday in a trade credit tax free state you could make a $2.50 on it or whatever base amount it changes to.

you got a district ban after only 300 in profit?
It only takes one store looking over your trade history and noticing a pattern and possibly learning you have two accounts to get banned I suppose. I don't do the Redbox flips anymore. Way to scared of getting empty cases or flat out denied now.

It only takes one store looking over your trade history and noticing a pattern and possibly learning you have two accounts to get banned I suppose. I don't do the Redbox flips anymore. Way to scared of getting empty cases or flat out denied now.
Did you trade in broken or stolen stuff? The manager at my store has told me a story or two.

Just bought my PS4 Pro and didn't realize that on Tuesday and Wednesday next week, you can get Destiny: The Collection for free with "ANY" PS4 purchase. Still going to open it but just request for the game with my receipt on box on Tuesday.

If I hit the limit during the credit=cash trade-in deal back in August, would I be able to trade-in now? I tried in October and there was still a message on the screen, so they rejected my trade-in. I was expecting it but I just wanted to test the waters lol I will try again Tues-Wed.

If I hit the limit during the credit=cash trade-in deal back in August, would I be able to trade-in now? I tried in October and there was still a message on the screen, so they rejected my trade-in. I was expecting it but I just wanted to test the waters lol I will try again Tues-Wed.
Just make a second account to bypass the trade in ban.

Well sad day for me after the district manager reviewed my two accounts I got a district wide ban. I guess I can no longer flip and boomerang to Gamestop couldn't even pick up my copy of Pokemon Moon. Can't say I didn't have it coming.
Sorry to hear, man. Don't worry, you still have a variety of options plus GameStop.com?

Just make a second account to bypass the trade in ban.
My account seems to be fine. I think that it's my id that triggers this. Someone else has been doing my trades for now but I've beeb losing out on major points lol

P.s. it's a bummer what happened to you, especially about the Pokemon fiasco...that's just shady af

So if I bought a PS4 Pro on launch day can I just go back next week and get Destiny for free? Everyone would be within the 30 day return period who got one.

Honestly going in after work each time, buying and selling games was probably a waste of time. I only made about $500 last year and $300 this year in profit.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow. Sounds like you red-flagged yourself something pretty obviously if you were boomeranging enough to get caught.

I'm sure McDonalds will be happy to pick up the time you've previously spent at GS on a weekly basis.

How many controllers can we trade in per visit, is it like games and its just 1 controller per platform too?
You can do multiples. People in this thread have mentioned 5 as the limit. Definitely keep it down to 4 per 30 rolling days to avoid a trade ban. Some stores will make up rules about limits. Probably based on what they currently have too much of.

I did 4 X1 controllers in one trade a week ago. No problems. I won't do that again until middle of December.

Gamestop won't take a ps4 that's been opened up at all, right?

I opened mine a few years back and dusted aND put new thermal paste. Or do they charge a refurbished fee?

They probably saw me as leprous and wanted me to gone asap. I wasn't going to argue over $39.99. Just try to be more careful guys. Those junior detectives can really screw you.
fucked up they wouldn't even give you your game. I would have fought for that.

I would definitely call the 1 800 number. I did a $15 console trade and some wires around $20 bucks total got 420 some points. That's with power up pro.

So I looked and GS only gave me 300 points for my $300 console trade, and 680 points for a $50 GSO purchase... like WTF?
When I bought the PS Pro, it took 48hrs for my trade points and console purchase to appear. If its been more than that time, then yeah call em up.

If you can be detailed as possible, this can help with others not doing the same thing.
Bought stuff from store A on my way back home I'd stop by Store B to trade it in sometimes buying stuff from store B. Figured my two accounts would hide my purchase and trade history but apparently I was wrong.

Bought stuff from store A on my way back home I'd stop by Store B to trade it in sometimes buying stuff from store B. Figured my two accounts would hide my purchase and trade history but apparently I was wrong.
Last year I used B2G1 to buy three games, and traded one of them immediately back to the same clerk. I'm still fine, and might do this again this year in case I can't find three games I want. I never flip though, so were you always doing this?

Last year I used B2G1 to buy three games, and traded one of them immediately back to the same clerk. I'm still fine, and might do this again this year in case I can't find three games I want. I never flip though, so were you always doing this?
I was doing it at every opportunity as of late with my new route. Stupid idea.

Well if anyone is worried about values dropping Wednesday last year Pokemon and a lot of other titles stayed about the same you should be able to get $40-10 profit if you boomerang that day on certain titles.

I don't know how anyone thinks this type of behavior is acceptable...

Do trade-in bonuses work with Genesis games? 

I went back through the topic and could only find reports for the following:

Nintendo games (all platforms) = yes

PS1 = No

OG Xbox = No

Saturn = seemed like a yes but wasn't clearly stated

Retro accessories = No, but it wasn't specified what was traded

For those who tried retro accessories, what did you trade? I'm hoping that nintendo accessories may get the boost.

Flipping and boomerang games I suppose. I was not wise about it and my amount of returns.
Damn. I'm sorry to hear this. As others have said, we're curious to hear as much details as possible so we avoid the same consequences. If this approaching "flipocalpyse" is actually a real perfect storm, maybe drive to a store far away that's definitely in another district and set up a new account with completely different information. It might be easy especially if there are new holiday hires who don't recognize you.

PS1 = No

OG Xbox = No

For those who tried retro accessories, what did you trade? I'm hoping that nintendo accessories may get the boost.
I got the Pokemon 40% boost on Super Nintendo controllers.

He's the same guy that had the great idea of logging in and out of your PUR account over and over to get free PSN credit. Said he was hoping to get 6-10k before they caught on. He most likely tried the same crap in store.

Throw in repeated flipping at the same stores and (I'm assuming) repeated returns, you have a candidate for a ban.

You can't look up the stupid shit he's done because he hides all of his posts.

He's the same guy that had the great idea of logging in and out of your PUR account over and over to get free PSN credit. Said he was hoping to get 6-10k before they caught on. He most likely tried the same crap in store.
Throw in repeated flipping at the same stores and (I'm assuming) repeated returns, you have a candidate for a ban.
You can't look up the stupid shit he's done because he hides all of his posts.
was this him!? Figured it had to be something silly. I get the aggressive flipping, I got the same type of ban from that but I was by no means oblivious to it. I knew the manager was studying my account

Found out today that NES consoles went up to $35 and with the $5 coupon I was able to get $40. Also used the coupons a few other times, got a lot of credit today.

Also went to one store that said the NES trade in on the computer was for a NES mini console. I even brought up the app and still said they don't take them. 

PS1 = No
OG Xbox = No

For those who tried retro accessories, what did you trade? I'm hoping that nintendo accessories may get the boost.
Yes the promo bump works on Genesis games & controllers. It also worked on my N64 & GC controllers.

best buy's b2g1 on preowned has lots of easy credit out there but i think i'm going to save my BB credit for next week, as hard as it is to do lol i have too much GS credit not enough BB and I'm trying to avoid getting real money involved... but I might have to - spending $55 to get $85/90+ in credit is waaaay too tempting lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back