GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. You need both systems. I was thinking of doing that same thing, but I don't want to be "that guy" transferring a system on BF as it takes a while.

Was thinking of trading in for a used 3ds, transferring everything over at the store today, getting the 3DS on BF, transferring that at home and then returning the used 3ds.
Yeah the only other 3ds I have is my son's 2ds but his ID has Mario kart so that's a no go. I'll figure it out

I've had over $900 on multiple accounts no problems, i don't trade that often but generally do in massive bulk and never, ever boomerang or try to make gas money or weird shit like that with gamestop.  Had $850 for most of this year on my gamestop card, only did trades during 50% bonus times but haven't really bothered much this year since there have been so few new games that hold up in value.  Burned $200-300 today in converting my 1-2 year old ps4 and xbox one to ps4pro and xbox one S, worth it.  Was gonna buy a PSVR but I just can't be bothered with how lame the games are for it still.

For those who want the $99 new 3DS, keep in mind quantities are SUPER LIMITED.  I think each store is only getting 8-15 units, and they will fly off.  To people who wait in line for hours and hours.  

yes, to transfer all your data you need both systems on at the same time, you can do it wirelessly or using a single SD card.  Otherwise you have to call into Nintendo and it takes 3-7 days for them to restore licenses on a new system.

So let me get this straight. Does the +50% apply only towards gifts or is it just simply +50% by itself?

If it applies towards gifts only, do we need to tell the cashier the other item (PSN card, etc...) is a gift or how exactly do they categorize gifts under their system? 

Anyone ever tried to trade in a system from another country? I assume that's not possible, but still have a European PS3 that I'm trying to get rid of.

That's what I expected to get for my controllers but they came out to $39.20 each. I checked and no refurb fees. She rang them up as black although I traded in 2 whites. It shouldn't matter anyway but what the poop!
Don't know what to tell you. I traded 2 old model black ds4s around noon eastern time. I only buy black colored consoles and controllers though.

Can anyone confirm the actual value of ps4 trade in? Is it 187? Or 200 for pur with 50%?

$195 for my xbox 1tb.

Considering I was holding onto it due to refusing to sell it less then $150 I'm tickled by this. 

As a resounding "fuck you." to Microsoft for the stupid GoW4 redemption thing I spent it on PSN Credits and Steam Credits with some left overs for Ratchet and Clank and Star Ocean (this is a questionable purchase)

P.S. None of the Gamestop employees knew what was going on with the trade-ins until I confirmed it for them cause apparently management failed to inform them about this trade-in promotion.  :shame:

Ratchet and Clank and Star Ocean (this is a questionable purchase)
I'm enjoying Star Ocean, but it's definitely not GOTY material :D It's a pretty game and a good amount of fun. I just wish a couple of the characters had alternate outfits. I'm not sure what you paid, but I would consider $30-40 fair if you're a JRPG fan.

Need some advice.

Ordered 2x Atelier NEW from Gamestop.  Got them today but they are not sealed/opened and the discs are not flawless and they had stickers removed from the front.

Will GS allow returning or will they say "they arent NEW like you bought them so we can't return them" even thoug they were shipped opened.

Need some advice.

Ordered 2x Atelier NEW from Gamestop. Got them today but they are not sealed/opened and the discs are not flawless and they had stickers removed from the front.

Will GS allow returning or will they say "they arent NEW like you bought them so we can't return them" even thoug they were shipped opened.
Definitely a shitty sitch but go there and explain and I don't think you'll have any issue returning/exchanging.

If you missed saving the trade estimate before the value tanked early this morning looks like you're not getting $200+
I see, will the screenshot of the PS4 TIV ($150) from the previous page do me any good or did the estimate had to be saved under my account through the app/website?

Was just notified that I have been trade banned. I know for a fact that I have come nowhere close to their limits as I have not been trading in that often.

I got into It with an employee who gave me an attitude about trading in with the 40% boost on Pokémon Sun and when I told him I only wanted $5 down he proceeded to put the whole value down when I signed for the trade without telling me.

He said the whole trade in had to be towards the game and what I said didn't matter. He eventually gave me my game back and cancelled the trade but that's the only thing I can think of.

Other than using a license, what can I use to open up a different rewards account?

Was just notified that I have been trade banned. I know for a fact that I have come nowhere close to their limits as I have not been trading in that often.

I got into It with an employee who gave me an attitude about trading in with the 40% boost on Pokémon Sun and when I told him I only wanted $5 down he proceeded to put the whole value down when I signed for the trade without telling me.

He said the whole trade in had to be towards the game and what I said didn't matter. He eventually gave me my game back and cancelled the trade but that's the only thing I can think of.

Other than using a license, what can I use to open up a different rewards account?
Passport, military id. Not sure if there's anything else you can use.

Swear this lady at my usual GS hates my guts ever since she caught me mid flipping spree.

Tried to deny my New 3DS because the serial code wasnt on the back. Then when i showed where it was she acting like she was doing me a favor by taking it without one there

Question for the experienced traders here: When trading in the retro systems, like GameCube for example, are all cords required? I know that for newer consoles, they must be complete, but I read conflicting information in another thread that indiciates retro systems are not required to have all cords for trade-in.

Thanks!

Might be able to hire a prostitute to do the trading in for you but the overhead will kill profits.
In store she's your girlfriend
Keep her cut around a double cheese burger from McDonald's and you are good.
Maybe she likes Taco Bell and its win win.

I got 3.20 after a 50 percent bonus and my pro bonus for The Division. Preordered this one msrp.

Got $50 for a Gamecube, $57.50 for a NES and SNES, and $35 for a DS Lite. Unreal.

I have a few more things to trade tomorrow along with whatever happens with the B2G1. I have enough credit to buy 4 or 5 switch consoles now lol.

I traded in the vita about an hour ago for 117.50 (used bonus coupon). Also traded in the vita memory card for 67.20 so you're talking 178 for the pair

Got $50 for a Gamecube, $57.50 for a NES and SNES, and $35 for a DS Lite. Unreal.

I have a few more things to trade tomorrow along with whatever happens with the B2G1. I have enough credit to buy 4 or 5 switch consoles now lol.
Were your retro consoles complete - as in having all cables and controllers? Thanks!

Just got back from trading in my PS4 500GB launch model.  The site quoted me $125 base but when I went into my store is was $150 base so $225 Credit.  I also traded in a Nintendo 3DS XL for $112.50 and some of those $40 recent releases.  Obviously YMMV on the $150 base trade, I would have been happy with the $187 but that extra credit was a nice surprise.  Also grabbed Kings Quest for $19.99 seems like a good deal. 

Yes, they have to be complete to trade, I believe it is all or nothing. Gonna trade a few more systems tomorrow as long as the values hold.
Thanks for the heads-up. I read confliction information in another thread that indicated retro consoles didn't require all cables - more than likely an exception made at a particular store rather than the stance of the company. I have a pile of Gamecbues to purge at this value, so I'll do run number one tonight and see what happens tomorrow.

Just got back from trading in my PS4 500GB launch model. The site quoted me $125 base but when I went into my store is was $150 base so $225 Credit. I also traded in a Nintendo 3DS XL for $112.50 and some of those $40 recent releases. Obviously YMMV on the $150 base trade, I would have been happy with the $187 but that extra credit was a nice surprise. Also grabbed Kings Quest for $19.99 seems like a good deal.
I thought all stores do a query to the central database. How did your store retain the old trade values? Which state are you in?

Traded in $500 total. Got an Xbox 1tb battlefield and traded it in right away.

Got $80 psn credit and Battleborn plus $100 to use on black Friday. Good stuff.

Anyone go through Microsoft to get the free Kinect adapter? Does GameStop wiping the Xbox One I trade in essentially void me from getting it? I really don't want to have to buy the Xbox One S, set it up at home, fill out the paperwork, and then go back to GameStop to trade in the Xbox One.

Anyone go through Microsoft to get the free Kinect adapter? Does GameStop wiping the Xbox One I trade in essentially void me from getting it? I really don't want to have to buy the Xbox One S, set it up at home, fill out the paperwork, and then go back to GameStop to trade in the Xbox One.
Yeah, I have. There really is no paperwork. You just register both systems under your ms account then chat with cs and they will ship one out to you.

BTW...just a friendly warning to those of you contemplating trading in a 3DS in hopes of snagging a 99 dollar one on BF.  From everything read and reported so far in multiple threads so far I would think twice about doing it.  The stock on those 99 dollar 3dses sounds extreamly low and they are only being made specifically for BF so once they are gone they are gone.  And with the nes classic and how scalpers wanna get their hands on anything that is Nintendo right now, I would honestly suggest not trading in your 3ds unless you have an extra one lying around or just dont want it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back