GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
The pre-BF ad says that you get a free Destiny: The Collection with any new PS4 system purchase. Does this work for PS4 Pro systems as well? Had an employee tell me no today but she's one who usually doesn't know what she's talking about
The computer didnt take it off. The guy had to manually remove the 49.99 price.

So it works but you have to make sure they put it in.

Well seems I was happily wrong about how Gamestop was going to handle all this.... anyway it has begun.

tumblr_o92w8xL5PV1uc008qo1_400.gif

Does anyone know:

Does Gamestop accept Gameboy consoles that are missing the battery cover?

Do they accept off-brand controllers (Gamecube, SNES, etc.)

Thanks!

Has anyone successfully uses the $10 COD coupon along with the sale or does it require an override if the employee decides to do it?
It has been noted that the $10 Pro PUR cpn will override the $40 base value promotion on the trade-in game towards COD:IW during the transaction. It will cause the trade-in game to revert to its original (non-50%) base trade value, then knock off $10 from the cost of COD:IW.

It has been noted that the $10 Pro PUR cpn will override the $40 base value promotion on the trade-in game towards COD:IW during the transaction. It will cause the trade-in game to revert to its original (non-50%) base trade value, then knock off $10 from the cost of COD:IW.
I got $40 for Titanfall 2 and CoD for $30 on same receipt.

But I guess that is because it is $25 base anyway.

Got $11.40 for PS4 Transformers Devastation. Got it from Redbox for $2

Base $4 + 50% bonus + 10% Pro + $5 trade card

The $5.00 trade card is unlimited use.  Best practice is to just do 1 item/game trade each time and just stack the card on it.

Winning!

Only my home town uses an ID for trade-ins and they just punch in the license number. I have a passport card when I had to drive into Canada a few years back, so I assume that would work?
My district hand punches the ID number so the passport will work. However, the system is smart enough to link banned PUR accounts to ID's so if you are going to use your passport, make sure you open up a new PRO account and never use your driver's license on that account.

Went to GS to see if the values held and the manager tried telling me that consoles don't get the bonus AND that if I trade my XB1 Elite console, I had to trade in the Elite controller to get the trade amount. All 1TB models trade in for the same amount, so that logic makes no sense.

Went to GS to see if the values held and the manager tried telling me that consoles don't get the bonus AND that if I trade my XB1 Elite console, I had to trade in the Elite controller to get the trade amount. All 1TB models trade in for tahe same amount, so that logic makes no sense.
Did you laugh maniacally?

I like the retro trade ins.  I had some gamecube controllers in storage (and no system because I saved them for the original Wii console but no longer have that) and got $16 for the wireless and like $10 for the wired.

This year really didn't have that many great games did it... trying to find some games for B2G1 to actually keep and the only ones I can think of that I don't own are Ezio Collection (new, 0 used copies around) and Watch Dogs 2 (no used copies around).  The other games are all cheaper buying brand new online like r&c, uncharted 4, deus ex, recore, TESO, mafia 3, worlds of final fantasy, etc.

everything is just trade fodder like BF1, T2, GOW4, FH3, etc.  I don't really have much interest in running around to multiple gamestops just to make $20 each time, plus your chances of getting ALL of those at a single gamestop are pretty low.

It is funny that GOW4 is $35 new or $49.49 used

So what you're telling me is...there might have been a problem loading that?
My app on 2 different computers on 2 different networks is painfully slow and getting no response from their servers not even a normal 403 error I usually get when they are doing maintenance. It's been like this for over an hour now, call me crazy but I think they may be doing this on purpose. Good thing I decided to wake up way early to get this done.

Aren't Wavebirds super valuable?
I think there was a point when they were but not anymore. Gamestops current value ($24) is about what you would get on eBay after fees/shipping.

I own 2 I've been trying to sell since August with no luck so they are probably going to GS today.

My app on 2 different computers on 2 different networks is painfully slow and getting no response from their servers not even a normal 403 error I usually get when they are doing maintenance. It's been like this for over an hour now, call me crazy but I think they may be doing this on purpose. Good thing I decided to wake up way early to get this done.
Yes it's moving slow, currently able to view trade values, but not save em.
This is on the website.[attachment=24497:_20161123_122726.JPG]

Just noticed a $10 Off CoD: IW with PS4/XB1 game trade coupon in my PUR account. I wonder what happens if you try to stack the $1 deal with it.

Yes it's moving slow, currently able to view trade values, but not save em.
This is on the website.
attachicon.gif
_20161123_122726.JPG
Ya instead of pulling nearly 8000 games my app only found around 2900 mostly retro last time I checked and the processing of data is really slow. I'll run it again.

EDIT: Getting better it found around 6000 of nearly 8000 a minute ago but still processing is slow.

I put a 2TB in my PS4 when I got it years back now. Looking at the TIV there are none that every had a 2TB.. will I be kind of hosed then selling mine with that HDD in there?

Ya instead of pulling nearly 8000 games my app only found around 2900 mostly retro last time I checked and the processing of data is really slow. I'll run it again.

EDIT: Getting better it found around 6000 of nearly 8000 a minute ago but still processing is slow.
No wonder GS.com was dead a while back. You were hammering on it with the mighty data scraping of flippage!

So most the employees at GS don't seem to know their own promotions, what coupons apply, etc., so could anybody tell me if a new certificate that I get using PUR points would work on a PS4 Pro? Also I believe I've asked this before, though I may be confusing it with something else, but the preowned dollar off certificates can't be used with B2G1 free correct?

So most the employees at GS don't seem to know their own promotions, what coupons apply, etc., so could anybody tell me if a new certificate that I get using PUR points would work on a PS4 Pro? Also I believe I've asked this before, though I may be confusing it with something else, but the preowned dollar off certificates can't be used with B2G1 free correct?
If the PUR coupon is the any item kind then yes it should work on a PS4 Pro. You can use certs on B2G1 but you would have to get 1 expensive item and the 2 other items cannot exceed the expensive item - PUR coupon amount or the coupon will apply to the free item negating the coupon.

For example one $54.99 game and two $39.99 games if you have a $10 cert which would make it $40.49 and $35.99 + Free $39.99 game

To get the 50% extra, do you have to put the credit towards something right then or are we allowed to just get it on the card directly and skipping the middle man of buying something just to return it later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back