GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a GS in a mall this morning and there was a dude there working alone. He said he won't get any help till 1:30 because the regional manager cut that store's hours or something. There were like 10 other customers in there with me. Jesus Christ this company is awful

i cant decide if i want to sell my original ps vita handheld. i have 2 vita tvs now that i use. i dont really need the vita anymore but is nice tech.

Oh 3ds is a good idea too. Didnt thimk of that, thanks. Does anyone have a list or google spreadsheet? I have only done controllers, just dance from bb, and stuff for cod so far but hope to do more

Just noticed a $10 Off CoD: IW with PS4/XB1 game trade coupon in my PUR account. I wonder what happens if you try to stack the $1 deal with it.
Tried this yesterday, on accident. Wanted to use the $10 off and traded in a few games. One was Xenoverse 2, which was part of that promo, and it kicked the $10 off code out. I'm going to get another XB1 game (probably DS3) an try it again on another copy later on.

Tried this yesterday, on accident. Wanted to use the $10 off and traded in a few games. One was Xenoverse 2, which was part of that promo, and it kicked the $10 off code out. I'm going to get another XB1 game (probably DS3) an try it again on another copy later on.
Ah. Well that sucks. Oh well I guess. Thanks for the heads up!

took advantage of this and upgrade to X1 S and PS4 Pro.  Got the destiny collection for free with PS4.  Don't really want it.  Anybody else in this boat?  What did you guys do with the game?  Would love to exchange for something else but it came up 0.00 on my receipt

took advantage of this and upgrade to X1 S and PS4 Pro. Got the destiny collection for free with PS4. Don't really want it. Anybody else in this boat? What did you guys do with the game? Would love to exchange for something else but it came up 0.00 on my receipt
eBay

I like the retro trade ins. I had some gamecube controllers in storage (and no system because I saved them for the original Wii console but no longer have that) and got $16 for the wireless and like $10 for the wired.
Thanks for the heads-up. They stopped taking them in at one point, but now with the 'vintage' tag, they're back to a decent trade-in value. I love the wave-birds, but with all the wireless signals around the house, they've become useless if I need precise input.

Also, had a few extras move controllers that I got dirt cheap when the 'ps move' was left to die. But now that VR is a thing, those are also back to a decent trade value.

I am thinking of going later and trading my 2DS.  I almost never play it.

$35 + $17.50 (50%) + $5 =$57.50 correct?

How do I prepare the 2DS I assume it has a reset function to erase the 4GB card?  Do I have to unlink it from my Nintendo account or anything?

If anything, I hope this reminds people to be patient when you trade to Gamestop. Getting an extra 50% and just stockpiling for a few months is worth it everytime.

Pretty sure I was just lied to and a Jr detective made some calls. Went to a gamestop I frequent with a bag to trade in. As soon as I go in the girl says hey associate called and said your account is banned from trading, I traded at said associates store. She said he called and had us look into the account and we saw a yellow note saying no more trades till future date. Was a little dumbfounded, especially since I traded in about 400 earlier today at another store. Looks like I won't be visiting those stores anytime soon.

Any thoughts?

Pretty sure I was just lied to and a Jr detective made some calls. Went to a gamestop I frequent with a bag to trade in. As soon as I go in the girl says hey associate called and said your account is banned from trading, I traded at said associates store. She said he called and had us look into the account and we saw a yellow note saying no more trades till future date. Was a little dumbfounded, especially since I traded in about 400 earlier today at another store. Looks like I won't be visiting those stores anytime soon.

Any thoughts?
try another store?

Yeah, my two local GSes will only have 5 new Mario 3DS handlhelds available on the morning of BF [assuming a manager or co-worker(s) secretly reserved one for themselves].

I believe a 30 day rolling period
ok good to know. I've rotated between 2 accounts at 4 different stores in my area. I've probably accumulated $500 in trade cred for each account but only maybe $250 in profit so far. I may run back out after dinner to 2 other area stores to try and get 1k in total credit. Looking at maybe a pro and 2 switches when they come out

This has been an awesome week for GameStop trades and sales. Maybe one of the best ever. Even without flips their 50% bonus values are really good, I've converted some of my physical games to digital and made small profits.

Any thoughts?
I'm pretty sure you just haven't seen the account officially restricted in the system yet. I'm going to guess that you did a trade at that store yesterday and that is when the junior detectives went into your account more carefully. A district manager initiated ban won't happen immediately. It may take into effect later today or maybe even some time next week. it probably depends on when LP processes the request.

Going though my receipts I realized the cashier at one GameStop didn't charge me for dragon Ball XenoVerse 2. I had already flipped it.

I called the store and they said don't worry about it. Nice free $40 credit.

I'm pretty sure you just haven't seen the account officially restricted in the system yet. I'm going to guess that you did a trade at that store yesterday and that is when the junior detectives went into your account more carefully. I'm going to guess that you did a trade at that store yesterday and that is when the junior detectives went into your account more carefully. A district manager initiated ban won't happen immediately. It may take into effect later today or maybe even some time next week. it probably depends on when LP processes the request.
Oh ok thanks.

Buy-it-nows on Ebay are as low as $15. I got $1 more and didn't have to ship anything. Yay!
Those $15 BIN listings are for just the controller. The wave bird with receiver goes for double that.

On topic for retro, has anyone confirmed whether ps1 and Xbox games are included in the trade bonus this time around? Those two systems didn't get the 40% pokemon bonus last time.

Any thoughts?
how much did you trade in the 2 transactions at that store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back