GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rant incoming don't read if you hate complaining.
Okay I'm fuckin possess I also need help figuring out if I was being lied to by this stupid gamestop employee. I put Dragon ball Fusions on hold yesterday at 5:15PM and come to the store to pick it up today. This dude looks in ONE section and I know it's not their usual section for where they put holds but who knows, they could've just moved the spots. I just went into the store and asked for my game and like I said he goes and checks one spot and says they don't have it anymore. I tell him I put it on hold so why don't you have it anymore and he says that holds only last for the 24 hours in the day of placing the hold. Is this BS or the truth? I'm just pissed because I drove 30 mins for this god damn game and the next closest one is 25 miles away. So was I lied to by a lazy employee didn't wanna look or do holds really only last til end of day? fuck man
/rant
"We will hold your requested item for up to two days."

That's from the pickup emails.

In my experience they hold items for two days. Some stores apparently only hold them til end of business that day.

"We will hold your requested item for up to two days."

That's from the pickup emails.

In my experience they hold items for two days. Some stores apparently only hold them til end of business that day.
Same here. Then I've also had them hold a NEW copy when it was supposed to be used, and sell the used copy in the meantime. One store I drove 45 minutes to get to that did that, I raised hell (very rare for me to get angry). They ended up selling me a new copy at the used price (+PUR discount), which I was surprised by. Usually you get the 'too bad, nothing we can do now' line.

Same here. Then I've also had them hold a NEW copy when it was supposed to be used, and sell the used copy in the meantime. One store I drove 45 minutes to get to that did that, I raised hell (very rare for me to get angry). They ended up selling me a new copy at the used price (+PUR discount), which I was surprised by. Usually you get the 'too bad, nothing we can do now' line.
Notes taken. This store is near Santa Monica. I work in Culver City and live in DTLA. I will be livid.

Here's an idea for people sitting on an excess amount of pre owned coupons. Buy 3 games from BB with the upcoming b2g1 (Dead Rising 4, Last Guardian, FF 15) or newer titles you want. Trade them into Gamestop and rebuy them with coupons on the spot. If there's a 50% bonus it would be great , even with the 20% it's still solid.

Went to GameStop and the employee gave me a $5 bonus trade coupon that last two weeks. Minimum trade value is $5. Anybody know if GameStop does this often? Seems like a decent offer.

Anyone gotten there black friday orders?

The shipping info they sent last friday for both orders still say Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Items my first order says supposed to be delivered friday according to narvar tracking should i contact gamestop?

If anyone is wanting to sell their store credit let me know. I'm planning on buying a ps4 tomorrow, so if anyone of you wants paypal instead of store credit just let me know.

If anyone is wanting to sell their store credit let me know. I'm planning on buying a ps4 tomorrow, so if anyone of you wants paypal instead of store credit just let me know.
What kind of exchange rate you talking about? I've got some I could be willing to move (depending on if GS ever gets back to me).

Has anyone else had the following exp with gamestop holds, I heard there were nes classics at the location I frequent,  they were sold out but told me another location 20 minutes away had three units.  I drove there and they told me they were on hold for a customer?  I was told by the location I frequent they arent allowed to hold items like this at all,

Gamestop shipped a random Yokai Watch medal packed free with my online order. Straight to the garbage.

It has a yellow/golden border around it but no name to identify it by.

Edit: After a bit of research it seems that this is a legendary yokai medal. Apparently theres only 8 legendary yokai in the series and this one is "gilgarios". Keep an eye on your orders as these medals may be included in them as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an idea for people sitting on an excess amount of pre owned coupons. Buy 3 games from BB with the upcoming b2g1 (Dead Rising 4, Last Guardian, FF 15) or newer titles you want. Trade them into Gamestop and rebuy them with coupons on the spot. If there's a 50% bonus it would be great , even with the 20% it's still solid.
This is the "how to convert cash into credit while losing some coupons" guide.

What do you guys think about burning a $25 coupon on Valkyria Chronicles Remastered? I definitely want the game, and it seems niche enough where it probably wouldn't see a huge price cut any time soon.. good time to pull the trigger on it? Along the same lines, a copy of The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition is also showing available nearby.

Decisions, decisions..

This is the "how to convert cash into credit while losing some coupons" guide.
Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one. That method made absolutely no sense to me.
I figured it would be obvious that it would apply to people with BB credit and not paying with cash.
You also wouldn't be "losing coupons" at all assuming you have enough left from cyber Monday. You will at least break even trading in the 3 games to Gamestop or make $ if the extra 5$ trade coupon still works. Rebuying the 1 game with coupons(25$,15$,10$) will have cost you 20,000 points and about 5$ in credit. In my eyes that's like paying 25$ per game which you can keep or trade in for 40$ at some point down the road with a 50% at GS or BB assuming values come back up after the b2g1.

What do you guys think about burning a $25 coupon on Valkyria Chronicles Remastered? I definitely want the game, and it seems niche enough where it probably wouldn't see a huge price cut any time soon.. good time to pull the trigger on it? Along the same lines, a copy of The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition is also showing available nearby.

Decisions, decisions..
If you get it, try to find a steelbook version. My GS has one used with the steelbook.

If GameStop did 100 percent trade bonus
If GameStop allowed a trade bonus on consoles , that has never happened and never will.
If I had a time matchine I could take all those crash valued Pokémon and travel back to when they had value.
If that happened I could offer this service to all cags for cost of shipping +20 amazon gift card.
If bestbuy accepted competitors coupons that would be a good way to get rid of excess coupons.
If you have never played any video games and find yourself with a pile of video game coupons what do you do?
If you mother asked you to mow the lawn would this then take priority?
If your mother called GameStop and told them that they needed a 50 bonus and a stealth bump so her little Boy can get profit on his Pokémon.
If this got me 10 profit I'd wait in line 3 hours before they opened.
If I only had inside information.
Or a guide of some sort.

Do they really offer 15 at GameStop for watchdogs 2?
If GameStop had an employee that they paid to sit around and read random shit on the internet that was pertinent to the company.
That employee could of read how much profit some people that don't even play games got from trading games. That employee could then suggest to his supervisors "hey title x is trading in for y profit" we need to fix this before someone buys a new motercycle or takes a Caribbean vacation.

If I was younger , if I was faster , if I had only gone to school and gotten a education in society's eyes.

If GameStop accepted dlc codes for trade in we would all be rich.
If I posted the profit I got from my dlc packs I bet they values would go up. Maybe if one of GameStops infamous customers sees that he will report the information to corporate.

If I eat at taco bell before GameStop will I be able to survive the line that I may or may not wait in?
Should I wait until after?
What IF I have Taco Bell coupons?
What's the profit margin on a soft taco if I bought watch dogs 2 pre owened with a coupon that was excess cause that's how I roll, not rolled chicken tacos though.

If I ask for a "pro day" coupon will they just give me one? Or do I need to sing a lil song and do a lil dance. If I got the coupon on another day is the coupon still a "pro day" coupon?
If I got mine the day after thanksgiving is it not the "day after thanksgiving trade in bonus coupon"?
If I have a "pro day" coupon will it stack with the "after thanksgiving day trade in bonus coupon"?

If you knew everything, would you know it?

If Pokémon moon trades for 20 will they offer a bonus today if that bonus was like 70 percent bump then there is some profit if you used a coupon to buy it.

If it wasn't for the internet, I wouldn't have any friend. And I left the (s) off intentionally.

If I was a little bit taller , I could reach the games on the top shelf at GameStop.
If I had a girl that looked good I'd call her.

If GameStop was still giving out teh stickers still I'd stop by today, but I think they stopped.

Has anyone else had the following exp with gamestop holds, I heard there were nes classics at the location I frequent, they were sold out but told me another location 20 minutes away had three units. I drove there and they told me they were on hold for a customer? I was told by the location I frequent they arent allowed to hold items like this at all,
Can someone star an NES thread? I need to get a hold of at least one of these litrle shits.

Decisions, decisions..
Its a great game. Sort of a riff on Fire Emblem, single character, turn based RPG. Played it on the PS3 originally and I do have the remastered version with Steelbook that I haven't opened yet. As another poster noted, early editions included a steelbook, I didn't know if it ever shipped without one.

I think given you only likely "paid" 10k in points to get that $25 cert, you should pick it up if you're a fan of turn based, single character games. Artwork/style are great. If you found one that had a steelbook, then certainly no question its a must grab.

Wow I was on hold for 1 hour and 20 minutes to talk to GS CS.  My B2G1 Xbone controllers came in as 360 controllers.  Mailing the controllers back but I'm getting a replacement order once they receive it.  Sheesh.

What did they say? I can't stand those goofs so I don't want to watch the whole thing. I assume it was just that people trade in fake copies of NES/SNES/N64 games and the refurb center doesn't bother to test them?

What did they say? I can't stand those goofs so I don't want to watch the whole thing. I assume it was just that people trade in fake copies of NES/SNES/N64 games and the refurb center doesn't bother to test them?
Yes and also explains how incompetent Gamestop corporate really is.

Its a great game. Sort of a riff on Fire Emblem, single character, turn based RPG. Played it on the PS3 originally and I do have the remastered version with Steelbook that I haven't opened yet. As another poster noted, early editions included a steelbook, I didn't know if it ever shipped without one.

I think given you only likely "paid" 10k in points to get that $25 cert, you should pick it up if you're a fan of turn based, single character games. Artwork/style are great. If you found one that had a steelbook, then certainly no question its a must grab.
Yes a couple of months out the resupplies to Walmart and GameStop came w/o MetalPaks.

I'm not trolling. Did anyone else receive the $65 gift card in the mail from Powerup Rewards? I almost fainted.
Pics?

It's not a Steelbook...

I'll definitely post a pic if I can figure out how to.  I don't use hosting sites.  Paraphrasing it says something like "as one of our top power up reward pro members we want to thank you for your continued loyalty by buying your next game..."

I'll definitely post a pic if I can figure out how to. I don't use hosting sites. Paraphrasing it says something like "as one of our top power up reward pro members we want to thank you for your continued loyalty by buying your next game..."
How many lifetime points do you have?

I'm not trolling. Did anyone else receive the $65 gift card in the mail from Powerup Rewards? I almost fainted.
i did.

surprising. I thought it had to do with a canceled order but nope. sweet

came as a card, saying thanks for being a valued PUR member etc etc.

Wow I was on hold for 1 hour and 20 minutes to talk to GS CS. My B2G1 Xbone controllers came in as 360 controllers. Mailing the controllers back but I'm getting a replacement order once they receive it. Sheesh.

Sorry to hear that. My three Xbone controllers arrived fine and in good shape. Hope yours turn out right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back