GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to pickup preowned copy of FFXV. Love how the cover art kind of shines/reflects. Unfortunately, little pamphlets inside outside Mansume are all messed up. Gonna test disc out when I get home just to be safe since the crumpled/watermarked pamphlets felt off especially when the DLC code was pristine. 

Lady gave me the pickup slip with the game. At bottom of slip it asks employees to consider calling customer after one day if they didn't pick something up as well as before they pick it up if something is not present i.e. box art.

I just got the order I placed on cyber Monday. I bought about 4 $10 games. I just opened up the box and there's a pre owned wii in there no games.

I just got the order I placed on cyber Monday. I bought about 4 $10 games. I just opened up the box and there's a pre owned wii in there no games.
Seems like this is a running problem with those who placed online orders. Saw a thread on Reddit about some guy buying a PS4 bundle only to be charged for TLOU and Ratchet and Clank with Gamestop vehemently denying such charges because the order reflects differently of course.

I have my Dishonored 2 LE sitting in its package still. Should open and check to make sure everything is good.

Seems like this is a running problem with those who placed online orders. Saw a thread on Reddit about some guy buying a PS4 bundle only to be charged for TLOU and Ratchet and Clank with Gamestop vehemently denying such charges because the order reflects differently of course.

I have my Dishonored 2 LE sitting in its package still. Should open and check to make sure everything is good.
First Best Buy screwed up a lot of orders, and now GameStop. Don't know what's gotten to them both this year.

Also, heads up: GS charged me a $2 refurbish fee when I traded in a copy of Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition for PS4 without the case (since I had the Artbook edition which has the book on the case itself, and I wanted to keep it). So instead of the $7 they normally give they only gave me $5. Don't know if this is a new policy or a store-specific one. Last time I traded in a game without a case was about a year and half ago, and they gave me the full trade-in price.

Also, heads up: GS charged me a $2 refurbish fee when I traded in a copy of Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition for PS4 without the case (since I had the Artbook edition which has the book on the case itself, and I wanted to keep it). So instead of the $7 they normally give they only gave me $5. Don't know if this is a new policy or a store-specific one. Last time I traded in a game without a case was about a year and half ago, and they gave me the full trade-in price.
That's not the policy. Never was the policy. And never will be the policy. Case or no case, same value. Same at Best Buy, too

Update #2 from problems the other day. DM left me a $15 gift card at local store to make up for having to pay the extra $8 for the new version of CoD IW.

That's not the policy. Never was the policy. And never will be the policy. Case or no case, same value. Same at Best Buy, too
Several Best Buy around me would never take my game without a case. Even games with cases that are packed in with bundle (says not for resale in place of the UPC code) they wouldn't take.

The refurb fee was actually just a $2 tip for doing your trade in. They heard about your saliva goodness. Lol

That's what I thought, too, especially since the website still mentions they take games without cases and it doesn't mention they'll have refurbish fee. I guess the dude at the counter was new and didn't know, or I don't know what. I also traded in a PS Camera (brand new, never used it, still had the foams at the connector tips and everything) and he didn't mark it. Had to walk back to the store after walking out and realizing it wasn't on the receipt. Don't know if he's new or if he wanted to keep the Camera for himself.

Several Best Buy around me would never take my game without a case. Even games with cases that are packed in with bundle (says not for resale in place of the UPC code) they wouldn't take.
I got a copy of BO3 from GSTOP earlier that was the one bundled with the PS4. Wanted to trade at BB for the GOW4 promo. DIdn't know that it didn't have UPC so was turned away. Went to different store and removed cover art and was able to trade in without issue. Recently traded back GOW4 from the X1S bundle without cover art as well.

That's what I thought, too, especially since the website still mentions they take games without cases and it doesn't mention they'll have refurbish fee. I guess the dude at the counter was new and didn't know, or I don't know what. I also traded in a PS Camera (brand new, never used it, still had the foams at the connector tips and everything) and he didn't mark it. Had to walk back to the store after walking out and realizing it wasn't on the receipt. Don't know if he's new or if he wanted to keep the Camera for himself.
I always check the screen when I do trade in. one time the associate missed a $40 game. I noticed immediately since the number doesn't add up.

Spent an hour on hold but i finally got a hold of a representative over the phone. There gonna resend the order and apparently I can keep the wii they sent me by mistake. So im happy a free wii is better than nothing i guess.

Were you able to get them to give you both TLOU & Ratchet free from the Cyber Monday PS4 Bundle sale, in-store?

Except it's not a Steelbook.

Its a great game. Sort of a riff on Fire Emblem, single character, turn based RPG. Played it on the PS3 originally and I do have the remastered version with Steelbook that I haven't opened yet. As another poster noted, early editions included a steelbook, I didn't know if it ever shipped without one.

I think given you only likely "paid" 10k in points to get that $25 cert, you should pick it up if you're a fan of turn based, single character games. Artwork/style are great. If you found one that had a steelbook, then certainly no question its a must grab.

It's not a Steelbook...
Update: I bought the game because it seems like something I'll dig, and it came in a metallic case that is not a steelbook and thus probably adds little to no collectible value to it. Just happy to have the game :bouncy:

Update: I bought the game because it seems like something I'll dig, and it came in a metallic case that is not a steelbook and thus probably adds little to no collectible value to it. Just happy to have the game :bouncy:
enjoy. you'll like it. There's also an anime for VC and also pretty good.

According to a email I received they are going to have a B2G1 preowned 1/15/17 for PUR members.
Is that different from the B2G1 coupon we're supposed to get in mid-January for renewing/subscribing on Pro Day?

Hmmm just witnessed a guy at my local GS flip out that they offered him $5 for his :XB1: COD BLOPS III. Said they were selling for well over $300 on craigslist.  :dunce: Was looking through the Vita games that were next to the counter and had to double take when I heard it.

Hmmm just witnessed a guy at my local GS flip out that they offered him $5 for his :xb1: COD BLOPS III. Said they were selling for well over $300 on craigslist. :dunce: Was looking through the Vita games that were next to the counter and had to double take when I heard it.
$300 lol

Hmmm just witnessed a guy at my local GS flip out that they offered him $5 for his :xb1: COD BLOPS III. Said they were selling for well over $300 on craigslist. :dunce: Was looking through the Vita games that were next to the counter and had to double take when I heard it.
drugs-are-bad-mmkay.jpg

Maybe someone in your area was selling it for $300 just like with Ebay so many quote those prices but not the sold prices.

First Best Buy screwed up a lot of orders, and now GameStop. Don't know what's gotten to them both this year.
No, Gamestop has been screwing up orders for a while now. Whoever thought it was a good idea to let their employees at the store level to start sending out games should be fired....either that or they need to purge the dumbassers out of their employee base.

Just in the past month I ordered 2 Karaoke Revolution Idol for the 360(Amazon trade in, don't judge) and I received a Fallout strategy guide.

Ordered a Wii on thanksgiving and received it without the cables(the preowned box was open and not taped shut so this was inexcusable.

Ordered Yu-Gi-Oh World championship 2011 and received 2010.

Ordered Mega Man Star Force 3 Black Ace and received a bootleg copy.

Really, the only reason I shop at Gamestop is when they have good trade in values and I get the credit on the cheap.

No $65 GC for me, just a few thousand shy of 7 digits lifetime.  It's probably based on last month's summary.  I only stopped in once during the 50% bonuses because of a trash work schedule last month.

I wasn't able to make it. Was too lazy to go try and I already have both games so didn't attempt. Did you try?
Yes, I tried and was not successful. The clerk tried everything and could not get it to work, to get both games for free.

My OG account that got banned had 650k and I still get emails about it haha
damn you lost 650k points with a PUR ban? I redeemed maybe 60K on the Elite Xbox 1 (comes w/ elite controller) last November and it's still sitting here sealed lol, but my acct got banned maybe 2 days later for using coupons I bought on ebay

damn you lost 650k points with a PUR ban? I redeemed maybe 60K on the Elite Xbox 1 (comes w/ elite controller) last November and it's still sitting here sealed lol, but my acct got banned maybe 2 days later for using coupons I bought on ebay
No that was my lifetime. I lost like 175000 though.

I went yesterday to a Gamestop in the San Jose area because I wanted to buy a used copy of Dragonball Fusions and it was the only place to get it. I arrived there and was surprised to receive a full copy of the game so soon after release. I arrived home and started it up and was also surprised to see that the game had not been booted up at all, due to a prompt in-game.

This Gamestop was weird because at one point I noticed an employee was opening multiple copies of Xenoverse 2 for PS4 and then placing stickers om the boxes. From this I believe this store is opening new copies and then immediately selling them as used. This would explain the almost pristine copy of DragonBall Fusions I bought and them having more than 2 used copies of the game available for purchase.

I went yesterday to a Gamestop in the San Jose area because I wanted to buy a used copy of Dragonball Fusions and it was the only place to get it. I arrived there and was surprised to receive a full copy of the game so soon after release. I arrived home and started it up and was also surprised to see that the game had not been booted up at all, due to a prompt in-game.

This Gamestop was weird because at one point I noticed an employee was opening multiple copies of Xenoverse 2 for PS4 and then placing stickers om the boxes. From this I believe this store is opening new copies and then immediately selling them as used. This would explain the almost pristine copy of DragonBall Fusions I bought and them having more than 2 used copies of the game available for purchase.
that isnt weird, its gutting and for some stores its a common practice to open all the games and tag them as new and sell them. --edited out, its a cartridge, duh.--

that being said, it is entirely possible that it was an employee trade in that never played it.

Went and traded some stuff in to grab ffxv since the website still said you'd get the bonus game. Nothing printed on the receipt and the worker just shrugged so I guess I'm gonna be returning it. Kind of a shame, but I guess I'll just wait for a sale.

that isnt weird, its gutting and for some stores its a common practice to open all the games and tag them as new and sell them. also, im confused why you would think the games wasnt used because of an in game prompt, discs are read only, therefore do not store any information, for your system even used games are new because there is no game information or save files on your console from other users.

that being said, it is entirely possible that it was an employee trade in that never played it.
He's saying that because Fusions is a 3DS games and carts do store data. He figured it was new because of the prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back