GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking to trade in my xbox one and some games to get an xbox one s, do you think there will be a better trade in deal closer to the holidays or should I just trade the games in with the 20% bonus for putting them towards a game and then return that game for the credit back

Also is $75 for my xbox there a bad plan?

I'm looking to trade in my xbox one and some games to get an xbox one s, do you think there will be a better trade in deal closer to the holidays or should I just trade the games in with the 20% bonus for putting them towards a game and then return that game for the credit back

Also is $75 for my xbox there a bad plan?
You can probably get more for the console selling local. You missed out on your chance not doing it before Black Friday.

Went and traded some stuff in to grab ffxv since the website still said you'd get the bonus game. Nothing printed on the receipt and the worker just shrugged so I guess I'm gonna be returning it. Kind of a shame, but I guess I'll just wait for a sale.
I hAve an opened copy for ps4 that I'd be willing to sell for 45shipping included. Also have an unopened deluxe edition that I'm selling for 75 plus shipping.

If you use a bunch of coupons like over a total of $150 that arent your own in a small period the account disappears. But you can still do trade ins with any form of id attached to the account so we are talking about 2 separate types of banning here.

Does anyone know if games hit with a refurbished are not eligible for a trade promo? Will I not get 20% for a preorder if I have a scratched disc?
Thanks in advance for any replies

Does anyone know if games hit with a refurbished are not eligible for a trade promo? Will I not get 20% for a preorder if I have a scratched disc?
Thanks in advance for any replies
You still get the bonus. The bonus is applied first, then the refurb fee comes off of that. During the 50% bonus I traded a game with a $3 base value and got $3.80 for it. $3 plus PUR plus 50% bonus = $4.80, minus the $1 refurb fee. But the refurb fee can range from $0.75 to $4 depending on the value of the game

You still get the bonus. The bonus is applied first, then the refurb fee comes off of that. During the 50% bonus I traded a game with a $3 base value and got $3.80 for it. $3 plus PUR plus 50% bonus = $4.80, minus the $1 refurb fee. But the refurb fee can range from $0.75 to $4 depending on the value of the game
Thanks!

I have a SNES with Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Super Mario All Stars (with extra controller) and a N64 with Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 3 and Super Mario 64 (with extra controller) plus a original white Wii. How much should I be looking to get? I totaled up and looked at Game Stop and was getting about $250 with all the little accessories and other games (but might be lower with refurb fees)

Thanks. I kind of figured that was the answer.
As long as the most expensive item is still the most expensive item after the coupon, then it's fine. EX: $30 game plus $10 cert makes it $20. You can get 2 more $20 games and 1 will be free. I've done this before. The coupon should automatically apply to the most expensive game.

I have a SNES with Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Super Mario All Stars (with extra controller) and a N64 with Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 3 and Super Mario 64 (with extra controller) plus a original white Wii. How much should I be looking to get? I totaled up and looked at Game Stop and was getting about $250 with all the little accessories and other games (but might be lower with refurb fees)
You're gonna regret taking in your classic systems. Especially if you bought them when they originally released. I don't think any amount of GS credit will equal the sentimentality and nostalgia you'll feel for them later. Just my two cents.

You're gonna regret taking in your classic systems. Especially if you bought them when they originally released. I don't think any amount of GS credit will equal the sentimentality and nostalgia you'll feel for them later. Just my two cents.
I agree. Having gone through that before myself, I wouldn't trade them in unless they were doubles. And classic games are that much harder to find in the wild now than they were 12 years ago when I had to rebuild my retro collection.

I agree. Having gone through that before myself, I wouldn't trade them in unless they were doubles. And classic games are that much harder to find in the wild now than they were 12 years ago when I had to rebuild my retro collection.
It happened with me, too. And yeah, it's amazing how expensive retro consoles and games have gotten in the last few years. I reckon as time goes on they'll go through the roof. It's a good idea to keep them now, as you'll have to pay much more for them back in the future.

Stopped in tonight to use a $5 on arkham city goty. They are having a random 3/ $10 sale. Went through the list and grabbed a few games I am only pseudo interested in to add to the backlog.
It was 4 pages of xbox 360 games.
Most of them were $4.99 games.
Ended up getting
Dead Rising
Darksiders
Darksiders 2

Not sure why I bought them, but the hoarder in me wouldn't let me leave without buying at least three games

In the Pre Holiday sale that started today (http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale) you get a free XB1 Controller with Xbox One purchase. Theres a coupon in my active offers that says save $80 details below. So essentially Xbox One S 500GB + Controller + Minecraft Story Mode for $249 or $299 (1TB model), seems like a decent deal.

Pro Member Offer Save $80 w/ purchase of XB1 consoles, controllers and Minecraft Story Mode: Complete Adventure
Valid 12/4 – 12/10 for Pro members. Only on new XB1 consoles, select (2 SKUS) XB1 controllers and new XB1 Minecraft Story Mode: Complete Adventure game. GameStop reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

In the Pre Holiday sale that started today (http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale) you get a free XB1 Controller with Xbox One purchase. Theres a coupon in my active offers that says save $80 details below. So essentially Xbox One S 500GB + Controller + Minecraft Story Mode for $249 or $299 (1TB model), seems like a decent deal.

Pro Member Offer Save $80 w/ purchase of XB1 consoles, controllers and Minecraft Story Mode: Complete Adventure
Valid 12/4 – 12/10 for Pro members. Only on new XB1 consoles, select (2 SKUS) XB1 controllers and new XB1 Minecraft Story Mode: Complete Adventure game. GameStop reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
This may be a stupid question but essentially wouldn't you get two free controllers?Cause you already get one for buying a new console then with that coupon you save 80 on Minecraft and another controller. Isn't Minecraft $30 and new controller $50?

This may be a stupid question but essentially wouldn't you get two free controllers?Cause you already get one for buying a new console then with that coupon you save 80 on Minecraft and another controller. Isn't Minecraft $30 and new controller $50?
Maybe the free controller with console purchase satisfies the criteria of "buying a controller" when you bundle the three mentioned items. Chances are though that the promos will not stack.

I'm thinking it won't be that way, since it says 2 SKUS for XB1 controllers in the coupon (limited to black or white free). So I'm think its pretty much they're giving you $50 off a XB1 system and free Minecraft Story Mode game and the controller is already free.

I'm thinking it won't be that way, since it says 2 SKUS for XB1 controllers in the coupon (limited to black or white free). So I'm think its pretty much they're giving you $50 off a XB1 system and free Minecraft Story Mode game and the controller is already free.
Good point,I didn't think of it that way. Would be nice if they did stack promos

So I could rebuy a BF1 bundle with all these extras for $300 and return the one I bought Black Friday week?

Probably just more GS marketing bullshit and they are advertising the coupon in the ad.

Probably just more GS marketing bullshit and they are advertising the coupon in the ad.
it is, the $80 savings is $60 for the controller and $20 for the game (you actually have to pay $10 for the game) so its actually $310 for the 500gb, free controller and $10 minecraft story mode.

Which xbox one s console is $249? Don't see that anywhere. It looks like youd have to buy Minecraft Story mode plus at least a $299 500gb console to get the controller free, am I doing it wrong?

Edit: Oh do you use the coupon on top of the controller deal?

Which xbox one s console is $249? Don't see that anywhere. It looks like youd have to buy Minecraft Story mode plus at least a $299 500gb console to get the controller free, am I doing it wrong?

Edit: Oh do you use the coupon on top of the controller deal?
you are doing it right. the $80 coupon is $60 off the controller and $20 off the minecraft game. so $310 for a 500gb with an extra controller and minecraft.

Stopped in tonight to use a $5 on arkham city goty. They are having a random 3/ $10 sale. Went through the list and grabbed a few games I am only pseudo interested in to add to the backlog.
It was 4 pages of xbox 360 games.
Most of them were $4.99 games.
Ended up getting
Dead Rising
Darksiders
Darksiders 2

Not sure why I bought them, but the hoarder in me wouldn't let me leave without buying at least three games
Was there a list of eligible games in store at the counter?

Hi, does anyone know if the Mirrors Edge Catalyst CE pack without the game was marked down to used like the Overwatch CE? I was hoping to use some coupons on it. Thank you.

received this card yesterday, I only been flipping lately so this is a plus for me.[attachment=24658:IMG_0071.JPG]

Was there a list of eligible games in store at the counter?
No, it was just a random 4 page printout with names and original prices. It was very different from the flyer they usually print for sales. It didn't even have the 3/ $10 printed on it, just written across the front page with pink highlighter

Question. For those with Cyber Monday certs. If you don't use the full value does it disappear or is there a left over balance....they rang up a $5 and $25 cert for a $24 transaction.

Also the whole "you can't use the same denomination cert in the same transaction" is fucking stupid. I got 5 $25 ones and now I'm screwed because of it.

Question. For those with Cyber Monday certs. If you don't use the full value does it disappear or is there a left over balance....they rang up a $5 and $25 cert for a $24 transaction.
There's no leftovers, use it and it's all gone.

You lose it as well, you can call customer service to try and get them to put the points back in your account, but don't think that's a guarantee.
So if you return a game you get 0.00 if you used a cert. or if you paid half on a credit card you only get half?

you can probably get the points back if you contact customer service. That's a hassle though, cut your losses, lesson learned
It's not a lesson when they fucked up. But yea I'll cut my losses. Not too worried. More curious about if I decide to return a game. Never bought a used WiiU game but heard bad things.

Also the coupon takes the amount off the normal price then PUR 10% comes of that so you pay more. So stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back