GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it's a coupon that simply reduces the cost of the game, 99.9% sure all you're getting back is what you actually paid for the game and the coupon just went `Poof!'  

Since it's a coupon that simply reduces the cost of the game, 99.9% sure all you're getting back is what you actually paid for the game and the coupon just went `Poof!'
I'm pretty sure this is correct, as you only get points for what you paid after using the coupon. If you used a $25 coupon for a $25 game, you get no points.

Anyone know any other collectors editions that are marked down to used?

It's not a lesson when they fucked up. But yea I'll cut my losses. Not too worried. More curious about if I decide to return a game. Never bought a used WiiU game but heard bad things.
Also the coupon takes the amount off the normal price then PUR 10% comes of that so you pay more. So stupid.
it is a lesson, pay attention next time. For example, I send my wife in regularly and she only knows what I tell her. She notices that she often knows more than the employees, she also pays close attention to the keypad and she's careful about coupons

it is a lesson, pay attention next time. For example, I send my wife in regularly and she only knows what I tell her. She notices that she often knows more than the employees, she also pays close attention to the keypad and she's careful about coupons
Lol

Thanks for the life lesson

Hi, does anyone know if the Mirrors Edge Catalyst CE pack without the game was marked down to used like the Overwatch CE? I was hoping to use some coupons on it. Thank you.
last time i checked, it was marked down to $47.9x but i didn't get the additional 10% off. I guess you should save your coupons on something else since for that nice of a statue, it's worth every penny at that price.

Yes, I was just given one and the manager said it's valid 2 weeks.
Thanks for the info. I was at GS in the last hour and the guy denied knowing anything about the coupon still being around. He's always been cool in the past, don't know why he trippin this time. He was there when the Mgr. let me use one about 2 weeks ago, so maybe he felt I only deserved one shot at the coupon.

To quote Snoop, "Used to be my homie, used to be my ace, now I wanna slap the taste out ya mouth..."

Stopped in tonight to use a $5 on arkham city goty. They are having a random 3/ $10 sale. Went through the list and grabbed a few games I am only pseudo interested in to add to the backlog.
It was 4 pages of xbox 360 games.
Most of them were $4.99 games.
Ended up getting
Dead Rising
Darksiders
Darksiders 2

Not sure why I bought them, but the hoarder in me wouldn't let me leave without buying at least three games
If someone posts the full list, I would be sincerely appreciative. I'll definitely be asking about this tomorrow at GS.

So far I've used my Cyber Monday certs on:

:pS4: No Man's Sky - Free with $25 cert. I know everyone hates this game. That's why I waited until it was free.

:VITA: Grand Kingdom - Only paid $3 and change with $15 cert.

On the fence about using one to get :360: Bully and still looking for :VITA: Odin Sphere

So far I've used my Cyber Monday certs on:

:ps4: No Man's Sky - Free with $25 cert. I know everyone hates this game. That's why I waited until it was free.

:vita: Grand Kingdom - Only paid $3 and change with $15 cert.

On the fence about using one to get :360: Bully and still looking for :vita: Odin Sphere
I used a $25 cert on No Man's Sky as well. Downloaded the new patch and played for about 15 minutes...really slow game. I couldn't quite get into it. Have to give it another try. The TIV is only $5 right now and I'm hoping that will rise if the developer's updates go over well with gamers and gets some love from the gaming websites. That may be a big IF, though.

Seems the free controller is a promotion going on at Best Buy/GameStop/Amazon/etc. I'm guessing with the coupon you do get $50 off the console and minecraft for free. I may try tomorrow on lunch for BF1 bundle and return it with my old receipt.

The 5$ extra trade coupon stacks with the guaranteed 30$ promo. I traded in a copy of pokemon moon (bought with cyber coupons) and got 37$ for it. I put it towards a pre order of DR4 and was expecting 31$. I was confused as to why at first then I saw the different promo code and realized what happened.

Seems the free controller is a promotion going on at Best Buy/GameStop/Amazon/etc. I'm guessing with the coupon you do get $50 off the console and minecraft for free. I may try tomorrow on lunch for BF1 bundle and return it with my old receipt.
Please report back if it happens to work. I'm interested in the blue Gears console but knowing GameStop, I fully expect the PUR coupon to simply make the Slim/Controller/Minecraft bundle $310. I'd be in if it rang up as $250 after coupon though.

What am I going to do with all this :

511fc956d9.jpg

Wait arent these $5 trade in coupons still valid? I have 2 left. Both are signed and dated 11/25 and 11/27. Gamestops around me would have to honor those tomorrow right since they are within the signed 2 weeks deadline?

The 5$ extra trade coupon stacks with the guaranteed 30$ promo. I traded in a copy of pokemon moon (bought with cyber coupons) and got 37$ for it. I put it towards a pre order of DR4 and was expecting 31$. I was confused as to why at first then I saw the different promo code and realized what happened.
Did they have to scan something to get the guaranteed 30usd promo to work or was it automatic? I ask cause I went to two gamestops where Pokemon Sun only came up for 22$

Did they have to scan something to get the guaranteed 30usd promo to work or was it automatic? I ask cause I went to two gamestops where Pokemon Sun only came up for 22$
I just looked at the fine print for the guaranteed 30$ it says "valid towards pre orders only". I just happened to be pre ordering DR4 for the 20%. I'm not sure about recently but in the past the guaranteed promo was just automatic so that's actually really dumb they require a pre order now.

I just looked at the fine print for the guaranteed 30$ it says "valid towards pre orders only". I just happened to be pre ordering DR4 for the 20%. I'm not sure about recently but in the past the guaranteed promo was just automatic so that's actually really dumb they require a pre order now.
Thanks, thats why I got confused due to how the promo normally is.

Damn...retro trade values tanked kinda hard on some stuff. Some stuff they even quit taking like Sega Saturns, which is odd. Ah well, I wanted to keep my Saturn anyways.

So you wouldn't still get the 80 off?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
from the way i read it, its a full price xbox one s, free controller ($60) and $20 off minecraft (making it $10). so basically the coupon is cancelling out the offer going on right now for a free controller (unless it stacks for 2 free controllers?). maybe i am wrong and it works some other way?

this coupon is so worthless, all consoles come with a free controller, meaning this coupon actually makes you buy minecraft story mode
Then there is the possibility to get two free controllers, the one they have with any Xbox and the $80 coupon one.

from the way i read it, its a full price xbox one s, free controller ($60) and $20 off minecraft (making it $10). so basically the coupon is cancelling out the offer going on right now for a free controller (unless it stacks for 2 free controllers?). maybe i am wrong and it works some other way?
You are probably right, as why would there be two offers available simultaneously that make you end up with a total of 3 controllers? Chances are this will be similar to the coupon that took $20 off a pre-owned Kinect where the Kinect was already $20. Some stores said that the register is automatically taking off the discount and wouldn't budge and some stores opted to honor the coupon and over-ride the price of the Kinect to nothing/almost nothing.

Anyone want to trade for 15 off coupon. Not sure I'm going to use it in time. Also can't you to purchase any digital content.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I was surprised to get this today especially since they never sent a shipment notification for it. I returned JoJo for $36 on Saturday too because I didn't think they would ship Afrika out. It came complete and even had some of the seal left on the side. Real glad I got it since GameStop raised the price and getting a deal on this would have been even harder.

I can't attest to Pokémon specifically, but I traded in Infinite Warfare and Dishonored 2 on 12/3. Both were part of the Weekly Ad guaranteed $30 credit. Here's what happened.

* Neither got a bump automatically.

* Dishonored 2 got an immediate bump with regular purchase, no preorder (note this probably no longer works today because the fine print of new version price drop).

* Infinite Warfare failed to get a bump with regular purchase even though fulfilled all conditions in fine print, so had to get manually adjusted by employee.

Also, heads up: GS charged me a $2 refurbish fee when I traded in a copy of Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition for PS4 without the case (since I had the Artbook edition which has the book on the case itself, and I wanted to keep it). So instead of the $7 they normally give they only gave me $5. Don't know if this is a new policy or a store-specific one. Last time I traded in a game without a case was about a year and half ago, and they gave me the full trade-in price.

That's not the policy. Never was the policy. And never will be the policy. Case or no case, same value. Same at Best Buy, too
I traded PS4 Tomb Raider Definitive edition week before last (Tuesday before BF) and only traded the disc. No refurbish fee.

A couple years ago at BB they were going to deny a trade of Destiny for PS4 without the case.

Like most things it is hit or miss but neither should require the case but you never know what nitwit you get when you go.

Is there any way to track an order from redeeming PUR points? I got one of those pop figures and got the shipping confirmation on November 29th, and it still hasn't arrived yet. Entering the tracking number on UPS just gives me the message "Tracking isn't available for this package," which has been the case for every physical PUR item I've ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back