GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
For example, you getting one $60 game and two $40 games. You can use the CM coupon to bring the $60 game down to $40 and get all 3 for $80.
There's no $20 coupon anymore, so he would be limited to $15 off (pay the additional $5) or $25 off (lose the additional $5).

Make sure one of the games is more expensive than the other two to the point where the post-coupon price won't work against you.

Example: If you buy two $9.99 games and one $19.99 game, you can use a $5 or $10 coupon without any trouble, but a $15 coupon would be wasted.
Not sure why but I don't get how this works.

In your example a $10 cert would be applied to $9.99 game or the $19.99 game? I assume the $19.99 game? Making all three games $9.99 so you pay 19.98 for two and get the 3rd for free?

Not sure why but I don't get how this works.

In your example a $10 cert would be applied to $9.99 game or the $19.99 game? I assume the $19.99 game? Making all three games $9.99 so you pay 19.98 for two and get the 3rd for free?
Certs always go towards the highest dollar item in a transaction and B2G1 always makes the cheapest item free. So the $10 cert would come off the $19.99 item and make it $9.99

The cashier's have them...originally they were given out on pro day in November.  Whether or not they will give u one nowadays is YMMV. 

The cashier's have them...originally they were given out on pro day in November. Whether or not they will give u one nowadays is YMMV.
And even if they are giving them out in general it's YMMV if you'll get one. A guy in front of me at a store got one but I didn't get one. It must be my face.

Couple questions about the 2 for $50 trade in deal: Does PUR work? i.e. would I actually get $55?

And if I brought in an odd amount of games, would I get $25 for each? Like if I brought in NBA 2k17, WWE 2k17, and Pokemon Black, would I get $75? Or only $50 and then the regular trade in value for the third game?
Anyone know the answer to these?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but that "$50 towards a new game" language is confusing to me. Is it just $25 credit for each of two games on the list, or do you have to buy a new game in the same transaction?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but that "$50 towards a new game" language is confusing to me. Is it just $25 credit for each of two games on the list, or do you have to buy a new game in the same transaction?
You have to buy a new game to get those values ($25 x 2).

Well here is the $25 list typed out. Seems like some flippable titles with the B2G1 will be the sports games, Pokemon, Pikimin 2, Mario Party 8 and Zelda Sword. I'll check again in case I missed some.

ASSASSIN'S CREED EZIO COLLECT (PS4, XB1)
ATTACK ON TITAN (PS4, XB1)
BATTLEFIELD 1 (PS4, XB1)
BAYONETTA 2 W/BAYONETTA1 (WII U)
BIOSHOCK THE COLLECTION (PS4, XB1)
BLAZBLUE CENTRAL FICTION (PS4)
BRAVELY DEFAULT (3DS)
CALL OF DUTY INFINITE WARFARE (PS4, XB1)
CALL OF DUTY INFINITE WARFARE W/MW4 REMASTERED (XB1)
DEAD RISING 4 (XB1)
DISHONORED 2 (PS4, XB1)
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 (PS4, XB1)
DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS (PS4)
DRAGON QUEST VII FRAG OF FORG (3DS)
ELDER SCROLLS V SKYRIM SE (PS4, XB1)
FARMING SIMULATOR 17 (PS4, XB1)
FIFA 17 (PS3, PS4, XB1, XB360)
FINAL FANTASY XV (PS4, XB1)
FIRE EMBLEM FATES SPECIAL ED (3DS)
FIRE EMBLEM RADIANT DAWN (WII)
FORMULA 1 2016 (PS4, XB1)
FORZA HORIZON 2 (XB360)
FORZA HORIZON 3 (XB1)
GOD EATER 2 RAGE BURST (PS4)
GRAVITY RUSH REMASTERED (PS4)
GUILTY GEAR XRD REVELATOR (PS4)
HYRULE WARRIORS LEGENDS (3DS)
KING OF FIGHTERS XIV (PS4)
KIRBY PLANET ROBOBOT (3DS)
KIRBY'S RETURN TO DREAMLAND (WII)
LAST GUARDIAN (PS4)
LEGEND OF ZELDA: A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS (3DS)
LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK (3DS)
LEGEND OF ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD (WII)
LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS (WII U)
MADDEN NFL 17 (PS3, PS4, XB1, XB360)
MARIO & LUIGI PAPER JAM (3DS)
MARIO & SONIC RIO 2016 OLYMPICS (3DS)
MARIO & SONIC RIO OLYMPICS (WII U)
MARIO KART 8 (WII U)
MARIO PARTY 8 (WII)
MARIO PARTY 9 (WII)
MARIO PARTY STAR RUSH (3DS)
MARIO TENNIS ULTRA SMASH (WII U)
NBA 2K17 (PS3, PS4, XB1, XB360)
NEW SUPER LUIGI U (WII U)
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U (WII U)
NEW SUPER MARIO U/LUIGI U (WII U)
NHL 17 (PS4, XB1)
OVERWATCH (PS4, XB1)
PAPER MARIO COLOR SPLASH (WII U)
PIKMIN 2 SELECTS (WII)
POKEMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE (3DS)
POKEMON BLACK (DS)
POKEMON BLACK VERSION 2 (DS)
POKEMON DIAMOND (DS)
POKEMON HEARTGOLD (DS)
POKEMON MOON (3DS)
POKEMON OMEGA RUBY (3DS)
POKEMON PEARL (DS)
POKEMON PLATINUM (DS)
POKEMON SOULSILVER (DS)
POKEMON SUN (3DS)
POKEMON WHITE (DS)
POKEMON WHITE VERSION 2 (DS)
POKEMON X (3DS)
POKEMON Y (3DS)
POKKEN TOURNAMENT (WII U)
PROF LAYTON VS PHOENIX WRIGHT (3DS)
RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (PS4)
SPLATOON (WII U)
STEEP (PS4, XB1)
SUPER MARIO MAKER (3DS, WII U)
SUPER SMASH BROTHERS (3DS, WII U)
SWORD ART ONLINE HOLLOW REALIZ (PS4)
TITANFALL 2 (PS4, XB1)
WATCH DOGS 2 (PS4, XB1)
WII PARTY U (GMONLY)(WII U)
WII SPORTS CLUB (WII U)
WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY (PS4)
WWE 2K17 (PS3, PS4, XB1, XB360)
XCOM 2 (PS4, XB1)
YO-KAI WATCH 2 BONY SPIRITS (3DS)
YO-KAI WATCH 2 FLESHY SOULS (3DS)

In previous iterations of this type of promo, even $0.99 new games (e.g. good old America's Test Kitchen back in the day, or those random PC clearance games) trigger it automatically. So just casually mention before you finish the transaction that oh btw you want to buy that specific game, but DO NOT MENTION THE PROMO (unless something goes wrong) to avoid junior detectives sniffing around.

Has anyone done the trade 2 for $50 yet? Just wondering what it comes out to with PUR 10%. I would assume something like $55?
You get the PUR 10% on whatever the listed base value is for each game in the search page, not the $25.

So I have been playing around with estimating national store inventory to try to predict TIV drops and I thought this was funny. One of my ball park estimates is Gamestop is currently sitting on over 120,000 copies of No Man's Sky in just store inventory (Not including the warehaouse). To put that in perspective as of last month it had sold 620,000 copies in the US.

Ya nevermind my math was wrong (was dividing by cities instead of stores  :dunce: data looks more like this:

In Stock: 139
Low Stock: 11
No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 428 - 717
National Range: 12652 - 21195
National Estimation: 16924
My Sample is 150 stores of 4434 across the US. All 150 stores are from around 20 major US cities.

Low Stock = 1 on the low end and 2 on the high end

In Stock = 3 on the low end and 5 on the high end (This might be too conservative)

qwLv7eF.jpg

So I have been playing around with estimating national store inventory to try to predict TIV drops and I thought this was funny. One of my ball park estimates is Gamestop is currently sitting on over 120,000 copies of No Man's Sky in just store inventory (Not including the warehaouse). To put that in perspective as of last month it had sold 620,000 copies in the US.

My Sample is 150 stores of 4434 across the US. All 150 stores are from around 20 major US cities.
Low Stock = 1 on the low end and 2 on the high end
In Stock = 3 on the low end and 5 on the high end (This might be too conservative)

aTbWmZE.jpg
LMFAO. a lot of "free game with purchase" in the future.

LMFAO. a lot of "free game with purchase" in the future.
It is almost as much as :ps4: COD BLOPS III. I would expect it to drop from $17.99 to $14.99 in the next month based on this data.

In Stock: 150
Low Stock: 0
Sample Range: 450 - 750
National Range: 13302 - 22170
National Estimation: 17736

EDIT: :ps4: Watchdogs priced $14.99 as well with similar inventory estimations.

In Stock: 148
Low Stock: 2
Sample Range: 446 - 744
National Range: 13184 - 21993
National Estimation: 17588

For the $50 off a new game when trading in 2 eligible games promo, does the remaining value get put into a trade card if the new game is less than 50?

It is almost as much as :ps4: COD BLOPS III. I would expect it to drop from $17.99 to $14.99 in the next month based on this data.

Based on your ability to find obscure data, I hereby proclaim you a witch. [emoji1]

but keep up the good work. :whistle2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGbZf9KAtIc

This is fascinating to me. Any interest in open sourcing this to allow others to help build data? I have some experience with this stuff and I think we could really build something useful.

This is fascinating to me. Any interest in open sourcing this to allow others to help build data? I have some experience with this stuff and I think we could really build something useful.
Not at the moment but maybe in the future once I fix what I want fixed and clean up the code.

What I really need to know now probably from Deader or someone else that works there is if my estimates based on the "Low Stock" = 1 to 2 copies and "In Stock" = 3 to 5 copies ( I'm sure this is too conservative is some cases) are reasonable.

Tried that trade credit email 3 times now and nothing has shown up. Oh well...
I'm in the same boat! Question for you, did you use the mobile site? I switched over to desktop version and tried again. I noticed that when I entered my name and email it wasn't recognizing me, I had to enter my old email (maybe the one connected to my PUR and not my main one) before it went through. I'm hoping that's the difference, would really like to pick up Mario maker for my son so I've been trying to get this to work obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back