GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Question. It doesn't look like I'm going to get a chance to use my $25 cyber Monday certificate. If I let someone else use it would either of our accounts be in danger of being banned?
You should be fine as should the other person.

If nobody else feels like risking it, I'll take it and use it tomorrow.

Has anyone ever ordered items off the Gamestop website that are a higher dollar amount?  I ordered 3 phones to take advantage of the B2G1.  2 of the phone I received are the wrong phones, one is the wrong carrier and the other is a completely different model.  Just unboxed them tonight, and am planning to call in the morning.  Have only ordered Funko Pops online, and never had a problem.  How is the Gamestop.com support?

Has anyone ever ordered items off the Gamestop website that are a higher dollar amount? I ordered 3 phones to take advantage of the B2G1. 2 of the phone I received are the wrong phones, one is the wrong carrier and the other is a completely different model. Just unboxed them tonight, and am planning to call in the morning. Have only ordered Funko Pops online, and never had a problem. How is the Gamestop.com support?
Think of something worse than shit. It's worse than that.

Has anyone ever ordered items off the Gamestop website that are a higher dollar amount? I ordered 3 phones to take advantage of the B2G1. 2 of the phone I received are the wrong phones, one is the wrong carrier and the other is a completely different model. Just unboxed them tonight, and am planning to call in the morning. Have only ordered Funko Pops online, and never had a problem. How is the Gamestop.com support?
I went to change some In store. Calling takes forever to answer. Took them in and changed them without a problem. Of course, your GameStop has to have them in stock. Take receipt and proof of purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think of something worse than shit. It's worse than that.
Well this bodes well.

I went to change some In store. Calling takes forever to answer. Took them in and changed them without a problem. Of course, your GameStop has to have them in stock. Take receipt and proof of purchase.

Problem is none of the stores in my area have that phone. Can they process an exchange using web in store?

if anyone can let me know if it's safe to give it away I'll be glad to give it away in this thread. Thanks
You should be fine as should the other person.

If nobody else feels like risking it, I'll take it and use it tomorrow.
The other cag member Brie mentioned getting his account banned from buying and using up GS PUR $ off coupons. He said he believed it was because he was redeeming coupons using his account when they were issued from the eBay seller's PUR account. I think the only safe way to use it is to use the original PUR account's phone number to avoid getting banned. It's YMMV if you want to try your own PUR account.

With that said, I'll take the coupon too if it's available. But to be upfront, I wouldn't want to risk using my personal PUR account. I would be asking to using your phone number in the same transaction.

GS phone CS is pretty terrible. Long ass wait to talk to someone who barely speaks English. That said, they will probably exchange it and give you a pre-paid label to send it back.

Pro tip: assume all GS employees know nothing about GS. Fine print and this thread are the best resources.
yeah I always assume that I know more than the employees. The manager at one GameStop had no idea about the cyber Monday coupons, I told my wife that prior to going in to redeem one for a Pokemon Moon for her nephew. She came back out and was like "their freaking idiots!" The manager tried telling her the coupon only works online.

Is the 50% bonus trade in promotion still active in California? I walked into two GameStops tonight and didn't see any paper ads printed out for it, maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough.

The other cag member Brie mentioned getting his account banned from buying and using up GS PUR $ off coupons. He said he believed it was because he was redeeming coupons using his account when they were issued from the eBay seller's PUR account. I think the only safe way to use it is to use the original PUR account's phone number to avoid getting banned. It's YMMV if you want to try your own PUR account.

With that said, I'll take the coupon too if it's available. But to be upfront, I wouldn't want to risk using my personal PUR account. I would be asking to using your phone number in the same transaction.
From first hand experience, I've bought, sold, traded and used coupons from this site numerous times over the years. Back during the coupon glitch era (those were the days, right?) I would use coupons from multiple different PUR accounts at the same time.

Currently I have 3 active PUR accounts and routinely swap coupons back and forth because I'm lazy and careless.

If my actions at GameStop over the years haven't gotten me banned I can't imagine letting someone use a coupon would.

If you're going to give it away make sure you give it to a really active and helpful member (not me, I'm neither of those). This site is great and helps lots of people, so it's good to pay it forward to those who blaze the trails and compile the info that allow us to play games for the low.

GS 50% bonus in Cali (maybe a few other states too?) since the cash offer is not here.  Supposed to run through January 8th, but anything can happen if you ask me.  I'm taking a risk by keeping FFXV one more day.  I just want to play one more chapter and I'm good until it goes on the cheap. 

Sad I have a $15 off preowned game and don't have a game I want to buy and it expires tomorrow. I don't want to spend it on a new game cause those will drop in price soon. Sad, what a waste

GS 50% bonus in Cali (maybe a few other states too?) since the cash offer is not here. Supposed to run through January 8th, but anything can happen if you ask me. I'm taking a risk by keeping FFXV one more day. I just want to play one more chapter and I'm good until it goes on the cheap.
I bought a used copy of FFXV today because I needed to spend my Cyber Monday certificates and they didn't have a used copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider. If I can get $40 in credit after PUR by trading in my FFXV tomorrow, that would simply be amazing.

I gave up and used my 20$ worth of certificates on RIGs for PSVR. I couldnt justify B2G1 free when I already have a massive backlog, and I had been eyeing RIGs since VR launched.

I bought a used copy of FFXV today because I needed to spend my Cyber Monday certificates and they didn't have a used copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider. If I can get $40 in credit after PUR by trading in my FFXV tomorrow, that would simply be amazing.
Give the game a spin tonight if you like the hack n slash RPGs with interesting stories. I'm enjoying the story and hope that the TIV holds up a little longer.

You're in for a shit storm. CSR takes forever to get a hold of (they must only have 2 people overseas working the phones at any given time), and any communication outside of your phone call is non-existent.

I had a similar issue where I purchased 3 ipods during the Black Friday B2G1 and only 2 of them were the correct item. No local stores had the correct item in stock so I called support a few days later and (as usual) the wait was super long just to get the CSR to give me a return label - and they told me to include a note to exchange it for the correct item. A week after the item was delivered, I still did not get any communication regarding my exchange. So I spend another hour on hold to speak to a CSR and explain to him that my return hasn't been processed and the replacement item hasn't been sent. "Your replacement will be expedited." ORLY? Still no communication or tracking info provided for replacement item. 5 days later, and still nothing has come. So I spent another hour and a half waiting for the overseas CSR and now he finally gives me a tracking number for the replacement. I finally received the correct item yesterday.

TL;DR - A whole month passed from my initial order to final receipt of replacement and all it took was 3+ hours of waiting on hold to speak to CS and weeks of waiting. In addition to having lots of patience being on hold, you need to stand up to the CSR to get what you need done to resolve the situation right then and there. Otherwise you'll end up wasting tons of time just on hold to get a hold of them again.

Give the game a spin tonight if you like the hack n slash RPGs with interesting stories. I'm enjoying the story and hope that the TIV holds up a little longer.
I'm definitely planning on playing it, in the future when the price drops more. Since FFXV received a discount so quickly, I'm sure it will become even cheaper after I plow through some of my backlog. Assuming the California 50% bonus is still active, I'd much rather have $40 in credit instead of a game that I don't have time to play.

Probably YMMV, but my Gamestop store has a Buy 1 Get 1 Free on clearance items. I saw a sealed copy of Zelda Triforce 3DS ($25) and Bravely Second 3DS ($33) on the shelf with a clearance sticker on it. Basically if you buy Bravely Second, you get Zelda Triforce for free.
5c198d5a7f.jpg
That's a lazy manager b/c the B1G1 on clearance is only for loot items on clearance. Games & Infinity characters don't work w/o a manual override.

Also lazy as there are GS made signs they were supposed to put in the proper areas.

You're in for a shit storm. CSR takes forever to get a hold of (they must only have 2 people overseas working the phones at any given time), and any communication outside of your phone call is non-existent.

I had a similar issue where I purchased 3 ipods during the Black Friday B2G1 and only 2 of them were the correct item. No local stores had the correct item in stock so I called support a few days later and (as usual) the wait was super long just to get the CSR to give me a return label - and they told me to include a note to exchange it for the correct item. A week after the item was delivered, I still did not get any communication regarding my exchange. So I spend another hour on hold to speak to a CSR and explain to him that my return hasn't been processed and the replacement item hasn't been sent. "Your replacement will be expedited." ORLY? Still no communication or tracking info provided for replacement item. 5 days later, and still nothing has come. So I spent another hour and a half waiting for the overseas CSR and now he finally gives me a tracking number for the replacement. I finally received the correct item yesterday.

TL;DR - A whole month passed from my initial order to final receipt of replacement and all it took was 3+ hours of waiting on hold to speak to CS and weeks of waiting. In addition to having lots of patience being on hold, you need to stand up to the CSR to get what you need done to resolve the situation right then and there. Otherwise you'll end up wasting tons of time just on hold to get a hold of them again.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to try calling as soon as the calling hours start and hope for a short wait.

It looks like they are closed on New Years Eve and New Years Day. Hours say 12:00AM to 12:01AM
The reason I ask is that I mentioned to the associate last night that I would renew my PUR card with him on Sunday and he said that he would be working on Sunday. So maybe he was confused. But I don't think GS has ever shut down for New Year's Eve or New Year's Day before which is why that sounds weird.

The reason I ask is that I mentioned to the associate last night that I would renew my PUR card with him on Sunday and he said that he would be working on Sunday. So maybe he was confused. But I don't think GS has ever shut down for New Year's Eve or New Year's Day before which is why that sounds weird.
Yeah, sounds like the hours on their site are just screwed up.

A uhhhhh certain game I want won't let me put in a hold request for it and I got an email REALLY early this morning that it was unavailable. Now I can't request it from any stores. Think they flipped a switch on it or something and I should just go try to get it?

A uhhhhh certain game I want won't let me put in a hold request for it and I got an email REALLY early this morning that it was unavailable. Now I can't request it from any stores. Think they flipped a switch on it or something and I should just go try to get it?
Ive done that a few times and the employees were either straight up lazy or they wanted it for themselves. I would still go in easily find it on the shelf and the employees knew exactly were it was when they rang me up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I picked up some of the Funko Best of Bethesda blindbox figures because they were on clearance for $2.97. Got 6 for around $10, better than $5-$7 each.

May go back and grab some other clearance junk today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back