GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
motion plus came out after the wii controller did, there was an add on that plugged in bottom but most are built in now. It gave it more accuracy/improvement the tracking of movement. I think some games require it.

ymmv on if they notice or not but I'd say yea they should know to look out for that.
Zelda Skyward Sword, Wii Sports Resort, & Red Steel 2 require it. All the Tiger Woods after like 10 or so get better with it. Also required if you want to use that controller on Wii U.

I, also, answer the phone because it is ringing. (plot twist: I don't work at gamestop)
What Deader is referring to is GS put a new phone system in that has much louder ring tones. And it gets 100 X worse if they put someone on hold & don't pick back up in under 3 minutes.

New hardware trade promo starts 1/23, and is good until 2/12:
- Extra $50 credit for PS4/XB1 console trade
- Extra $25 credit for 3DS or Vita handheld trade
- No PUR membership or coupon required

Ya 90 days in the timeout corner wasn't fun =( lolol

It also happened when all the sudden employees from my home store & other stores I trade at were transferred to other stores I was also trading in at last summer LOL... and even though I put on a totally different hairstyle & threw on glasses, they still recognized me & asked if I also frequently shop at the store they came from coz I looked familiar, totally horrendous! XD and with a different look, they'll ask how did I like "whatever game that i had originally brought last time I was in that particular store" even though I personally thought I looked quite different, yikes lol.
I should consider changing my appearance because my local Gamestops are getting annoyed with me constantly returning games. I only do it during sales tho. A manager keeps asking me questions whenever I return stuff.

I hope GS opens up Switch preorders before the $75 bonus ends on 1/22 so I can get rid of the 1TB XB1 I've had sitting around, but thanks for the heads-up on this.

Just bought a 3ds xl for $60 will definitely be selling for $125.

It's raining money and men $$$$$$

Just bought a 3ds xl for $60 will definitely be selling for $125.

It's raining money and men $$$$$$
AP963421999381_0-copy.jpg

What Deader is referring to is GS put a new phone system in that has much louder ring tones. And it gets 100 X worse if they put someone on hold & don't pick back up in under 3 minutes.
They should do what Bestbuy does during new hardware launch (PS4/iPhones,etc) and just leave the phone dial tone on or unhook the phone.

They announced as a company they were entirely out of switch preorders though?
I had a quick convo with a GS employee last night and he was under the impression that it won't be until May (?) that we'll start seeing Switch consoles generally available.

I don't know if that is true, but I would be surprised to see any more consoles go up for pre-order unless there is some mass cancellation all over the place.

This happened to me once. I traded in 1 copy of super mario bros wii in a huge game lot dump and the guy scanned the game 4 times. Luckily I double checked the receipt when I got home and luckier that it wasn't scanned a 5th time.
Well back in the fall I was running over time on some items, trading in exactly 4, and narrowly missing that 30 day rolling cutoff. On multiple accounts, so funny that flips for free money for me kinda stressed do to the spreadsheets and lists of what I could or could not trade.

#awesome

I bought 3 vita games from a lady on facebook yesterday and she gave me her sons "broken" og vita.
The screen underneath has a crack on the edge and the screen won't turn on when I power it up.

Is that a refurb fee or a denied trade?

#awesome

I bought 3 vita games from a lady on facebook yesterday and she gave me her sons "broken" og vita.
The screen underneath has a crack on the edge and the screen won't turn on when I power it up.

Is that a refurb fee or a denied trade?
Fine print on the main trade page:

"Hardware exclusions include: Consoles with parental controls that can’t be removed. PS Vitas with cracked screens or severely scratched screens. PS3 systems that will not power on/yellow light shutdowns. Handheld Systems that will not power on with the charger plugged in. Systems known to be modified. Hardware with severe cosmetic damage to the extent of being clearly un-repairable, or to an extent that clearly renders it ineligible for resale (i.e. severe or unsightly scratches, cracked cases, exposed internal components). Systems infested with insects or any other creatures. Systems with specific cosmetic identifiers."

Fine print on the main trade page:

"Hardware exclusions include: Consoles with parental controls that can’t be removed. PS Vitas with cracked screens or severely scratched screens. PS3 systems that will not power on/yellow light shutdowns. Handheld Systems that will not power on with the charger plugged in. Systems known to be modified. Hardware with severe cosmetic damage to the extent of being clearly un-repairable, or to an extent that clearly renders it ineligible for resale (i.e. severe or unsightly scratches, cracked cases, exposed internal components). Systems infested with insects or any other creatures. Systems with specific cosmetic identifiers."

I guess "reading" and "google" are my friends. Thanks BB

BLAH! Guess I will just have to try trading it in at every single different store in the area :)

Update on being told Gamestop will take the bonus trade value ($75) from the Nintendo Switch promo if I cancel the pre-order. The DM is telling me the same thing now. So I am not sure what to do.

Dumb question but can I trade in towards my Switch preorder at a different store?  Will be near a different gamestop tomorrow and would like to trade in my 3DS XL there instead of driving 30-40 minutes away if I don't have to.

Dumb question but can I trade in towards my Switch preorder at a different store? Will be near a different gamestop tomorrow and would like to trade in my 3DS XL there instead of driving 30-40 minutes away if I don't have to.
It needs to be at the same store as where your pre-order was made. This is why I try to keep all my pre-orders at the store close to my house or at the few stores that are near my office. :)

Update on being told Gamestop will take the bonus trade value ($75) from the Nintendo Switch promo if I cancel the pre-order. The DM is telling me the same thing now. So I am not sure what to do.
Do you mean they'll revoke the bonus TIV amount? If that's the case, you may be stuck with your console when it releases and at that point you could return it or sell it I guess.

Do you mean they'll revoke the bonus TIV amount? If that's the case, you may be stuck with your console when it releases and at that point you could return it or sell it I guess.
Yeah. This must be a new policy or just specific to this promo. Just sucks to have that tied up until then. But that might be my only option.

That's a load of shit, they would be breaking pawn laws. You already signed a legal document with them stating you will receive said amount for your items.

That's a load of shit, they would be breaking pawn laws. You already signed a legal document with them stating you will receive said amount for your items.
why is this a load of shit

you take a system in saying im going to turn this system in towards buying the Switch so you get 75 more ONLY when you get the switch

Now your saying i dont want the switch BUT i still demand the 75 extra lol

Because the store and DM are lying to them....

you take a system in saying im going to turn this system in towards buying the Switch so you get 75 more ONLY when you get the switch

Where in the fine print does it say that? I do this with the 20% extra credit for games all the time. Same rules apply.

They could probably easily amend the document to include a clause about cancelling the pre-order or some such business.

I'm actually not saying I don't want the Switch. When I went in to trade my Xbox One S, I told the employee I wanted to put $5 down on my Switch pre-order, didn't acknowledge that until after she checked out the system, I then asked if it was all being put on the pre-order and she said yes because that was the only way to get the bonus. Now I know that someone else that same day posted that they got the bonus with just having to put $5 on their existing pre-order. The credit from the trade in was going to be used to purchase a few things I needed to get but now I'm stuck. Like was mentioned, I don't see how they can legally take that bonus since the trade was completed and they state all trades are final.

I'm actually not saying I don't want the Switch. When I went in to trade my Xbox One S, I told the employee I wanted to put $5 down on my Switch pre-order, didn't acknowledge that until after she checked out the system, I then asked if it was all being put on the pre-order and she said yes because that was the only way to get the bonus. Now I know that someone else that same day posted that they got the bonus with just having to put $5 on their existing pre-order. The credit from the trade in was going to be used to purchase a few things I needed to get but now I'm stuck. Like was mentioned, I don't see how they can legally take that bonus since the trade was completed and they state all trades are final.
They cant take away the bonus. They would have to amend the original transaction and then have you agree to it (by signing the little pad).
If they still want to take it away without doing the above, then at this point you can get your original trade back because they have broken the contract that you originally agreed upon.

I believe legal contracts that get amended need both parties to agree to it.
Perhaps amended was the wrong term, because that would probably only apply to an existing contract.

What I meant to say is that they could change the contract going forward so that if you cancel whatever agreed upon pre-order transaction they could pull any promotional value back.

Perhaps amended was the wrong term, because that would probably only apply to an existing contract.

What I meant to say is that they could change the contract going forward so that if you cancel whatever agreed upon pre-order transaction they could pull any promotional value back.
They could do that, but they have to inform you before you enter the contract. Currently, there is nowhere on the website that states that or any in-store document that is visible to customers informing us about that.

I should consider changing my appearance because my local Gamestops are getting annoyed with me constantly returning games. I only do it during sales tho. A manager keeps asking me questions whenever I return stuff.
LOL totally! Visit GS in a variety of different style of clothes too...business clothes & super casual hipster clothes, scene & emo stuff, put on a hat, glasses etc lol. Though you could get gift receipts when buying the ones u end up returning. I've only made 1 return, about 3 years ago or so.

Wish I could blend in more with their customers... probably stand out once they pull up my acct coz I have an uncommon name with lots of unspent points & have high valued trade cards that they love to yell out the remaining balances for some weird reason lol. They're always so surprised how many points I have & how much trade credit I have -_- One guy even had the nerve to say I'm a regular & I am far from being a regular, yikes! lol i only stop by once a month or less o_O During promos I'll stop by 2x or so but definitely not a daily visit lol.

does anyone stop by GS weekly or every 2 wks? I think only they would be regulars. I remember ppl saying they saw ppl at their local stores that come to GS to just hang out & talk about games w/employees a few pages back? I definitely don't hang out at GS or talk about games unless they ask me how a game was, but still those convos are uber short lol.

Learn from this thread. Don't tell the employees anything. Read and ask questions on this thread and let the GS registers aka Point of Sale system do its thing in store. Why are you even talking to the DM now? You've just made yourself very visible to them for no reason. No need for lawyers, their system has many ways to navigate
this.

Rant incoming:

Credit moving is the easiest way. Preorder to get a boost. Instead of cancelling it just move that credit to another preorder or something you actually want to buy. Employees never blink when I do this. Literally use the phrase "move a preorder to." The world "cancel" sets off a panic attack.

Gift receipts are the magic ticket when you need to cash out gracefully. Returns are less elegant. Numbers are important return a single console is better than a bunch of games and GS the same $$$ value. I just dump stuff on eBay instead to avoid all that and so far that keeps the employees at my local GS thinking I am some rich hoarder/collector. It's worth the extra effort as once you've attained this aura nothing you do will surprise them. If I had a truck full of sega saturns they'd shrug. Lol. The difference between a flipper and collector being that a collector actually buys lots of stuff. Maintain that illusion at least one GS.

Distract them with small talk about what their favorite game is and what they recommend. Make up wild rumors about sega getting back in the console game and ask if they have inside info. Anything that makes them feel special but also confused. I often preorder/buy things an employee highly recommends. Move it or return next time you come in and they aren't working. Junior detective deactivated forever.

Occasionally you have to teach the employees how to do their job or what their company is currently offering. This takes some creativity. My simple answer is know where the info is on the ad and/or on the GS website and then point like a deaf mute to it and mumble. If that doesn't work say your "friend" just did it and told you to go to GS to do it too so you can be twinsies. The real special ones will deny the validity of their own corporate website/ad and call a manager on the phone to confirm. This has worked out well for me. If it doesn't, leave and come back another day.

Was banned twice last year like a noob. I now look forward to a long prosperous relationship with GS.

I've got a question. Is it worth me just paying cash to enroll in Best buys GCU or should I try to move credit from games stop to make the purchase? I'm just not sure if the flips from GS to BB are only worth it once I have gamestop and best buys reward programs. Btw. I'm already enrolled in gamestop's program. Thanks.

It needs to be at the same store as where your pre-order was made. This is why I try to keep all my pre-orders at the store close to my house or at the few stores that are near my office. :)
Damn that's unfortunate. Had to drive out of the way to a store that still had preorders.

I've got a question. Is it worth me just paying cash to enroll in Best buys GCU or should I try to move credit from games stop to make the purchase? I'm just not sure if the flips from GS to BB are only worth it once I have gamestop and best buys reward programs. Btw. I'm already enrolled in gamestop's program. Thanks.
I think GCU is worth it on it's own if you buy new games. Especially if this Visa Checkout thing is going to stick around and you can preorder games for ~$40 each.

I'm new to both as of this past weekend when I traded in my Wii U at gamestop and got PUR. Not sure of the best way to use both but now I'm planning on stockpiling GS credit then moving it to BB when there's a 50% trade bonus or something similar.

Junior detective deactivated forever.
Way back in the heady days of Blockbuster->GS flips (and back) the term "Junior Detective" was a big deal. I think it started in that BBV thread in fact. I remember finding this one day at a Burger King:

[attachment=25188:jd.jpg]

The date on this file is from 8 years ago! I had my run-in with one at BBV once. I ended up getting a district ban because one clerk took it upon themselves to call and check some other stores and the only conclusion they could come up with was that I must have stolen all the games I traded in. After I figured out what was going on I showed some receipts to a store manager and got my name cleared. But that's why Junior Detectives are so scary - a little knowledge plus a ton of speculation can be a dangerous thing! Best to avoid their suspicions entirely.

I think GCU is worth it on it's own if you buy new games. Especially if this Visa Checkout thing is going to stick around and you can preorder games for ~$40 each.

I'm new to both as of this past weekend when I traded in my Wii U at gamestop and got PUR. Not sure of the best way to use both but now I'm planning on stockpiling GS credit then moving it to BB when there's a 50% trade bonus or something similar.
Thanks!

Swear I saw Madden 17 for $30 and infinite warfare legacy $40 at gamestop yesterday...or maybe that was with the bump...

Well disappointing was hoping to trade in this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back