GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man they are REALLY pushing this "Chance to pre-order a switch" bullshit

KYCoYQd.png

It's now officially on their Power-Up Rewards Pro Day website..as one of the day's big events

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/proday

Come, win a chance to give us money.. you'll get your item sometime at a later date!

So, the most convenient store to grab some games to flip next Wednesday is about 15 miles away. My "home store", about a mile away, has all 3 games I want. Two options I have are to purchase the games tomorrow, and then trade them in with 50% bonus at another store, or purchase the games and trade them back in to the same store on wednesday. That is obviously the most convenient, but is that too soon to trade the games at the same store? I'm trying to avoid pre-ordering something at a store further away so I don't have to drive back and transfer it to something else later.
Thoughts?

pro day - Online orders applies 10% extra  but cag16 does not stack...So {10% + 9%} not worth it.

PUR Pro Feb 17 Addtl 10% Off PO Games & Acc - PowerUp Pro Rewards Members Save an Additional 10% Off Pre-Owned Games & Accessories (Excludes Retro)! No rainchecks or substitutions, selection may vary and while supplies last. Valid 2/11/17 Only

Had a bunch of stuff in my cart. Checked the price at 12am, pro rewards day discount is there. Even with CAG16 I'm pretty sure my overall price went up a few $$. Maybe $1-$2 total? 

I now have read access to GS trade value database. I can pull game names, systems, skus, and base credit for over 8,200 items into a spreadsheet. Among interesting items are a handful of games not out yet with their pre-owned skus and base values.

27hMLwl.png

I also can find game skus and values that have been pulled / missing from the website and app for some time now.

JMoekQy.png

I now have read access to GS trade value database. I can pull game names, systems, skus, and base credit for over 8,200 items into a spreadsheet. Among interesting items are a handful of games not out yet with their pre-owned skus and base values.

27hMLwl.png

I also can find game skus and values that have been pulled / missing from the website and app for some time now.

JMoekQy.png
Thanks BB

Thoughts?
Why are you worried? Not like they're going to commit to memory every single item each individual customer buys. I mean ffs there was a video some CAG posted of a guy going into gamestop, buying DB Xenoverse 2 and trading the game in right there and then (to make $10 profit).

Why are you worried? Not like they're going to commit to memory every single item each individual customer buys. I mean ffs there was a video some CAG posted of a guy going into gamestop, buying DB Xenoverse 2 and trading the game in right there and then (to make $10 profit).
Some GameStop associates are junior detectives. I'm pretty sure that what he is worried about.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What's the best way to turn PRO coupons into a gift card? Should I wait for something to boomerang or can I simply buy something, return it, and get the value on a GC

27hMLwl.png

JMoekQy.png
I can't believe this stuff is just out there for public access. Are you reverse engineering all of this? I work for a major retailer and having learned the ins and outs of databases and how those things are managed it's interesting to watch you piggyback on GameStop's databases.

I now have read access to GS trade value database. I can pull game names, systems, skus, and base credit for over 8,200 items into a spreadsheet. Among interesting items are a handful of games not out yet with their pre-owned skus and base values. *snip
that's awesome. Any way to track the "in stock" vs "limited stock" status of an item like before the update? Going to pickup some new games today and hoping it is not their last "new" copy.

So I just got back from pro day. YAY!!

They really need to reboot the tv show clueless and let the setting be in a game store...
Congrats on leaving the store unscathed! I always take Excedrin before entering any GS store because I know I'm gonna have a headache after being asked about preorders and disc protection plans. In fact, that's why I keep a bottle in my glove compartment.

I can't believe this stuff is just out there for public access.

Are you reverse engineering all of this?

I work for a major retailer and having learned the ins and outs of databases and how those things are managed it's interesting to watch you piggyback on GameStop's databases.
Yes it is.

Yes to understand how it works you have to do that but it is nothing illegal by any means.

We live in an age where high demand and high speed availability trumps security.

Yes it is.

Yes to understand how it works you have to do that but it is nothing illegal by any means.

We live in an age where high demand and high speed availability trumps security.
Yeah our databases we use are much higher security and sensitivity data. I guess for non sensitive data it just avoids issues to have it be available.

How long does it usually take to get the b2g1 coupon when you renew?

Last edited:
Screw up.  Buying the games with my b2g1 coupon from renewing last month and just going to trade them in at the next closest store when the 50% bump kicks in.  I'm not driving an hour for this.

On another note, what's the best way to "cancel" pre-orders without the associate taking a hit?  I usually just roll the money onto another pre-order.

Hmmm... got an automatic bounceback e-mail saying the games weren't available, although a search just now shows they are still there.  Anyone else having this issue?

Can the b2g1 be used online?

Just got back from Gamestop's "Pro Day" event, I went to trade a few things in.

I asked the manager about the "Win a chance to Pre-Order a Switch" promotion.

According to him, it's only for members who renew or start a PUR subscription in store...

Can any other Gamestop worker confirm or deny?

If it's true, that makes the entire thing even more hilarious.

The extra 10 % off didnt activate for me. 

EDIT: Nvm, got a price adjustment.

Also got the Not Nintendo Selects version of Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker, Dragon's Crown.

Decided to buy LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens Deluxe Edition (PS4). Didn't have the original case, so they decided to give me the Shop Worn Discount, apparently giving it to me for $15. Thank you GS employees.

Anyone who lives in NYC wants the Mad Moxxi statue for $48? I have the pro day b1g1 clearance collectibles coupon, and see that one qualifies. Might as well get 2 and split it with someone, but I didn't want to sell it or ship it.

Just got back from Gamestop's "Pro Day" event, I went to trade a few things in.

I asked the manager about the "Win a chance to Pre-Order a Switch" promotion.

According to him, it's only for members who renew or start a PUR subscription in store...

Can any other Gamestop worker confirm or deny?
If it's true, that makes the entire thing even more hilarious.
Pretty sure they lied to you. The gamestop I was at today said stores got picked randomly and they weren't one of them. Didn't mention anything about needing to purchase a pur membership.

On another note, what's the best way to "cancel" pre-orders without the associate taking a hit? I usually just roll the money onto another pre-order.
If you really care about your gamestop friends, then roll them (cancel a 60 and preorder another game for 5 so you get most of it back) until the holidays when they hire seasonal and preorders are not a priority for stores. I do this and no Jr detective has caught on yet. Cagspeed

It's a sad day when GS is giving more for Resident Evil 7 than Best Buy
Since April or so I find Best Buy trade in values without a promo generally suck. Several games take weeks to be listed. Quantum Break took forever to be listed at BB and then was crap TIV. I don't think BB even bothered to add Dead Rising 4.

cant find a game to give me my accidental 10 off preowned -_- along with the 5$ I put down for resident evil smh = ( this pro day sucks 

Shoutout to the dude at the Mt. Nebo GS tonight who tried to get me a trade in promo that didn't exist ultimately. Appreciate the effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back