GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know how to contact a higher up of gamestop

ordered a game    got it cart only

EMAIL THEM saying  take the  LE down if your going to send it cart only

Get an email back from them saying item was lost in shippment  (what it wasnt)

told not to worry about it..

Last monday got  a 2nd copy    called them up told them that   Today i get a gift card for what i paid for the game 

so for  30 bucks i got 

2 copies of the  game and a 30 buck gift card

not sure who to call now cause if i call the 800 line and get the overseas people i probally get a horse in the mail next 

ordered a game got it cart only

EMAIL THEM saying take the LE down if your going to send it cart only

Get an email back from them saying item was lost in shippment (what it wasnt)

Last monday got a 2nd copy called them up told them that Today i get a gift card for what i paid for the game

so for 30 bucks i got

2 copies of the game and a 30 buck gift card

not sure who to call now cause if i call the 800 line and get the overseas people i probally get a horse in the mail next
So your complaining why? Sounds like you got the better end of the fuck up.

Does the 40% bonus apply to the purchase of new or preowned systems? Sorry if this was covered, but I'm at work and really can't read yah thread on company time.

In typical GS fashion, it only says "new system" on the home page banner but all other mentions of the promo and terms and details say "any system" and do not specify new. Someone has to try it and report back. 

ordered a game got it cart only

EMAIL THEM saying take the LE down if your going to send it cart only

Get an email back from them saying item was lost in shippment (what it wasnt)

Last monday got a 2nd copy called them up told them that Today i get a gift card for what i paid for the game

so for 30 bucks i got

2 copies of the game and a 30 buck gift card

Looks like you got slidecaged...

Wait, I thought that was a bad thing...

Now I kind of want to be slidecaged...

Well shit, hopefully we still have that 50% Switch game/accessory bonus coming. A 30% bonus and having to buy/return a console just doesn't do it for me
Lol, this. I was really banking on it, however if it doesn't end up happening I'll just have to cancel my switch/switch accessory pre-orders. Still have another 2-3 weeks.

Did anyone reliable ever confirm that rumored 50%? I know it's been pretty much treated as fact here the last week or so, but I haven't seen Deader or a usual person confirm it.

Did anyone reliable ever confirm that rumored 50%? I know it's been pretty much treated as fact here the last week or so, but I haven't seen Deader or a usual person confirm it.
Only the most reliable GS source we have:

Starting 2/15, get 50% bonus credit for game and accessory trades towards a Nintendo Switch game or accessory reserve. Ends on 2/26.

Pretty sure the guy who first mentioned the Switch game/accessory preorder bonus also was the first to mention the 40% Pokémon Sun/Moon bonus, and the 50% that occurred the couple days before Thanksgiving. So he has a good track record

Last time I ordered something from the website I had a similar incident. Ordered street fighter alpha anthology. Got street fighter anniversary collection. GameStop shipped me alpha anthology, told me to keep the first game.

Thanks for for updates guys. I'll be trading in Amazing Spiderman 2 if the value holds up on Wednesday. I have a $5 best buy certificate and I'll just use it on this.

Last time I ordered something from the website I had a similar incident. Ordered street fighter alpha anthology. Got street fighter anniversary collection. GameStop shipped me alpha anthology, told me to keep the first game.
At least they sent you set you something XD. I remember buying Toukiden Kiwami used for $5 and they never sent it. They didn't charge me tho.

There's actually some pretty good prices on some weeb games right now as part of this new promo.

$9.99 for Sword Art Online Lost Song, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and J-Stars Vs+.

$15.99 for the Disgaea triple pack.

Anyone know if Sword Art Online is any good? I think I'm definitely gonna pick up Disgaea and Digimon at those prices.

There's actually some pretty good prices on some weeb games right now as part of this new promo.

$9.99 for Sword Art Online Lost Song, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, and J-Stars Vs+.
$15.99 for the Disgaea triple pack.

Anyone know if Sword Art Online is any good? I think I'm definitely gonna pick up Disgaea and Digimon at those prices.
The Triple Pack has been on clearance for that price for a while, but the Bandai Namco game prices are new.

Store i stopped at tonight said the 50% for switch is confirmed. Also the 40% towards new systems does not work on preorders as i tried in store a few mins ago

Well the opportunities to move GS to BB don't come up as often as BB to GS. I would say just move it to BB while you can and then back to GS.
Now that GS charges tax for me and they have a B1G1 30% off, I'm going to buy a bunch of Bioshock Collections and 2K games! I want to liquidate all my points.

Now that GS charges tax for me and they have a B1G1 30% off, I'm going to buy a bunch of Bioshock Collections and 2K games! I want to liquidate all my points.
How do you know if they charge tax on your trade in credit? Do you get less trade in credit than people from other states? I live in CA.

How do you know if they charge tax on your trade in credit? Do you get less trade in credit than people from other states? I live in CA.
You don't know until you've tried buying something with trade credit. You'll end up paying tax. I mention that fact because stores in Texas are now doing it. I was planning on buying my Switch at GameStop but I have no reason now. Better to buy at Best Buy and get 6% rewards back.

GameStop employee did a mock-checkout to see if the 40% tiv bonus applied using a preexisting console preorder. Unfortunately it didn't. Was surprised he went the extra mile to check. Positive survey incoming for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back