GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So the new console promo needs an EBC that isn't on the email for current promos. Had to call Corp to get it. Took forever plus side though promo was 40 + 10 percent. So super happy I did it tonight instead of waiting for Wednesday and likely a trade drop.

I'm thinking about trading in my Wii U games but I'm worried the value will drop after the Switch releases.

So any good flips? GameStop has my pro controller currently. If there's any good moves might get 1.2 switch
Amazing Spiderman 2. It's $16 at best buy with GCU. The PRO value is $16.50 at Gamestop. I'm going to buy it and take advantage of the extra %50 trade in credit.

Amazing Spiderman 2. It's $16 at best buy with GCU. The PRO value is $16.50 at Gamestop. I'm going to buy it and take advantage of the extra %50 trade in credit.
Nice too bad I can't find any copies near me with that buy 2 get one promo. I'll wait till weds to make sure there's no stealth nerf and buy a few.

You think you would get banned for bringing in a Japanese copy of house of the dead on saturn

when you do receipted surveys with the feedback ID, if you dont put your name at the end is there any way for the associates or DM to figure out the PUR account leaving the feedback? 

Yeah, but it's a long  process. A manager can see all the feedback customers make by the transaction #. He/she can see what the comment was, and which employee it was left for.  From the transaction # they can see when the sale was made. From there they can check the cameras and figure out which customer made the comment. If you're that worried about them tracking the comment to your feedback that's the process. There's no name attached or anything just the transaction #.  If there are specific scenarios that happen, and you complain about it in the survey the DM will discuss it with the employee. The employee might remember the scenario you complained about in the survey and put two and two together, but those are really the only two ways associates would know. It's been mentioned numerous times in the thread but if you have a problem where you feel an employee is treating you unfairly, the survey works wonders.

Yeah, but it's a long process. A manager can see all the feedback customers make by the transaction #. He/she can see what the comment was, and which employee it was left for. From the transaction # they can see when the sale was made. From there they can check the cameras and figure out which customer made the comment. If you're that worried about them tracking the comment to your feedback that's the process. There's no name attached or anything just the transaction #. If there are specific scenarios that happen, and you complain about it in the survey the DM will discuss it with the employee. The employee might remember the scenario you complained about in the survey and put two and two together, but those are really the only two ways associates would know. It's been mentioned numerous times in the thread but if you have a problem where you feel an employee is treating you unfairly, the survey works wonders.
Thanks for the indepth response man. I'm having an issue with a manager but I've decided to just shop elsewhere even tho this is my home store 4 miles away. All the good employees are gone. Calling attention to her would just make it worse for me so I won't use the receipt for that. I'll just do random surveys and hope it gets better.

Thanks for the indepth response man. I'm having an issue with a manager but I've decided to just shop elsewhere even tho this is my home store 4 miles away. All the good employees are gone. Calling attention to her would just make it worse for me so I won't use the receipt for that. I'll just do random surveys and hope it gets better.
Yeah I asked a manager if the surveys still matter and she went on some tangent explaining what I mentioned which then ended with her showing me on her pos system. I would just burn the manager you don't like anonymously as that will get her in the long run. They change the rotation of employees at stores randomly and if there are numerous locations around you it wouldn't hurt to avoid if you're doing trade ins. However if you're buying stuff or want particular games at that store I wouldn't stress it.

I've been having issues with a manager as well. I try to avoid him as much as I can. I have a sigh of relief when he's not there. He's always asking me questions about the stuff that I'm buying. He keeps wanting to make sure that I don't return the games. The other employees think he's mean too. This store is the most convenient for me to go to so it sucks that I have to go to other stores.

Looking to get a 3DS XL but thinking on waiting until after the switch releases to see if any deal comes up or they finally announce their virtual console plans for the switch. Think it's a wise move?

I know this is the wrong section for this question but it seems like the most knowledgeable section on this forum. Does anyone know if you buy an Amazon prime membership, would you get the discount on preorders you made before you had prime? Thanks for any help.

I know this is the wrong section for this question but it seems like the most knowledgeable section on this forum. Does anyone know if you buy an Amazon prime membership, would you get the discount on preorders you made before you had prime? Thanks for any help.
No. You're going to have to preorder them again. Just like when you ordered something before you had prime and chose standard shipping. You won't get two day shipping on the item even after you get amazon prime.

I was hoping to generate a few PowerUp points by doing trades. I have some Best Buy credit and of course I am willing to turn cash into Gamestop credit because I have yet to pay off my Switch pre-order. Does anyone know of items to buy that would trade in at gamestop for even money while generating PowerUp points?

I was hoping to generate a few PowerUp points by doing trades. I have some Best Buy credit and of course I am willing to turn cash into Gamestop credit because I have yet to pay off my Switch pre-order. Does anyone know of items to buy that would trade in at gamestop for even money while generating PowerUp points?
Please read the last 30 or so replies.

this is long speak for "any flips?"

Did best buy change the way the give out reward points? I did a $200 trade in last night and i have 800 points already active this morning i could use for a reward cert. Pretty sweet if thats the case.

Did best buy change the way the give out reward points? I did a $200 trade in last night and i have 800 points already active this morning i could use for a reward cert. Pretty sweet if thats the case.
I received points from trading last night already as well. Hopefully this is a new change.

So I have tried to search this 1000+ long thread to figure out what this $5 business card trade thing is. Whats the promo?

So I have tried to search this 1000+ long thread to figure out what this $5 business card trade thing is. Whats the promo?
How about you try 3-4 since it's been discussed. Or like 3 posts where someone said if you don't have one it's too late to get since they've already been handed out. Either or. Choose your own adventure.

If you tried to search the thread you would have seen multiple pictures of the $5.00 trade in bonus card everyone is talking about and also seen ongoing discussion about how it still works and what it does.

What is this?
l4kSfAw.jpg

I have a switch console paid in full with trade credit already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back