GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Amazing Spiderman 2 could be a good BB>GS flip. It's $16 with GCU (~$12 after Visa checkout coupon) and trades for a base $15, $22.50-$24 after promo.

Any good GS boomerangs with this promo? I have about $25 in GS credit from "pro day" trades.

Looks like Amazing Spiderman 2 could be a good BB>GS flip. It's $16 with GCU (~$12 after Visa checkout coupon) and trades for a base $15, $22.50-$24 after promo.

Any good GS boomerangs with this promo? I have about $25 in GS credit from "pro day" trades.
Yes.

Made about $430 for $350. $80 profit is small but good.

Last week it was 190 before bonus, this week, 280 with MORE games and one that earned me 30 that was not present last week, after bonus. The verdict is in.

Don't know if anyone cares, but GS finally dropped the price of the :ps4: Deux Ex Mankind Divided CE down to $70 from $100. Not a great price, but maybe further drops down the line. Might even work like the Overwatch one and have a PUR discount.

It's ironic because a couple days ago he was the dude raging at people to read back a few pages lol
Hit the nail right on the head. I'm tempted to go back and find those posts. I notice a lot of the guys that rage at others for asking questions, have asked something stupid before in the past and gotten the same sarcastic response. Now they want their turn to be the big dawg.

Takes more energy for a snappy reply than a helpful one, though I suppose the snappy reply is more fun.
Like someone mentioned earlier, most people actually don't know the answer, so the snappy reply makes it seem like they know, but are probably clueless and would like the answer as well. Like the guy who asked if this 50% would be an actual 50% or not and everyone just posted gifs. Well turns out it's 60% with PUR, but the console 40% is only 40% even with PUR, since the fine print says for PUR members only.

That being said, you shouldn't even be paying the full $80 to get the accessory, unless you really want it. You can put down $5 and just get the rest back in credit or cash. If they ask why you don't want to pay it off, just say you want to use the credit for something else at the moment. Also, if you only put $5 down, it's probably easier to transfer it to something else down the line than a full $80.

I got the b2g1 on renewing PRO. Buy 3 copies PMCS (WU) and trade-in for a profit of $30.

Is this the best deal to use the b2g1 or do I wait?

Any experts on the GCU policy? I'm eyeing that Fire Emblem Fates Conquest flip but have a few questions:
1. Is the buying limit of 3 of a game a year a calendar limit or rolling limit? FE Fates came out Feb. 19th
2. Do CEs count towards the same limit? Or is it specifically by SKUs?

Any experts on the GCU policy? I'm eyeing that Fire Emblem Fates Conquest flip but have a few questions:
1. Is the buying limit of 3 of a game a year a calendar limit or rolling limit? FE Fates came out Feb. 19th
If the SKU's are different, you should be fine.

Done by SKU. I.e. One 360 coy one PS4. They count by rolling year I thought but they also do bans in waves and haven't done one for a year so just pucker and prepare.

when did they drop the tiv for the dualshock 4 black controller? Its listed as N/A for value but they are still accepting other colors. I was planning on trading in 2 for the 50% promo.

I just finished my trip and wanted to note that some of the accessories on the site are evidently not available for preorder in-store, including the $12.99 car charger that I was looking at. One of the $19.99 Zelda cases that I was somewhat interested in did work, however, but I'll likely end up returning it/moving the credit elsewhere since I have Breath of the Wild's Master Edition preordered and like that case more. I obviously don't know exactly which items do and don't work, but you may want to call your Gamestop to confirm what's in their system and available for preorder in-store before running out there (assuming you actually want one of the accessories and aren't simply going to move your deposit anyway).
They have a printable list of preorder stuff. The grey wrist joy con strap grip can be preordered but not the blue or red

So Spiderman 2 and conquest so far, anyone find any other flips worth the time?
NHL 17 for PS4 or Xbox one isn't to bad.

On another note, has anyone tried to just add $5 to Switch System pre-order they already have to see if it adds the 50%? I assume it doesn't but i was just curious if anyone may have tried.

Since I'm worried about TIVs on spider man and fire emblem tanking anything stopping me from buying st target and returning my Best Buy copies once they come in back to Target? They should ring up the same no?

Since I'm worried about TIVs on spider man and fire emblem tanking anything stopping me from buying st target and returning my Best Buy copies once they come in back to Target? They should ring up the same no?
You should be fine doing that since Best Buy and Target don't carry exclusive versions of those.

Ugh, my local Best Buy used to always take games in the generic GS cases, but today the employee said their manager mandated that they have the actual case. Meanwhile they have a shelf filled with preowned disc-only games...

I just realized I have the b2g1 free coupon on used items at GS along with $25 in trade credit. What other than Bioshock would be a good purchase to boomerang for this promo?

Ugh, my local Best Buy used to always take games in the generic GS cases, but today the employee said their manager mandated that they have the actual case. Meanwhile they have a shelf filled with preowned disc-only games...
I don't get how the manager has any say? I would think that type of thing falls under corporate policy? Also it is ironic, cuz pretty much every game I've ordered prowned doesn't have the art insert/etc.

Super smooth experience this morning trading in a handful of X1 games and controllers.  The cashier didn't even know about the switch bonus, and didn't even mention it after I added a controller pre-order.  I just put 5 on it and the promo triggered.  Again, only applies on accessories and games and NOT CONSOLES, just in case there was a question about it :rofl: !

Refused service.
Manager scans games.
I say I want to put $5 down on a switch game.
He says why? Why do you want to preorder just for the bonus? Nope.
I can't take your trade and voids the transaction.
I saw on the screen the promo applied.
He voided it. Said I was trading in to just get the bonus.

I posted what I think is my best results so far with my new process once I fixed the glitch that I had discovered earlier this morning. Please follow the sheet link in my signature and go to the last tab called "TEST" to take a look (Unreleased and pulled SKUs are at the bottom of the sheet). Or click here for peeps on tapatalk Sheets.There are currently 8245 games in their database that I can see. My old process this morning found 8111. My last problem is there are 174 total games that I cannot get prices for but 134 of them are not in their system anyway (unreleased games and pulled SKUs) so they are just there for reference and curiosity sake. But there are 40 that I cannot seem to get a price for even though they are in the system. As always I will continue to work on it.

Refused service.
Manager scans games.
Report to the DM or call customer service. Make sure you have the guy's name.

If you don't want to do that, just find a different store.

The 360 version went BC for Xbox One.
Sorry should of been more clear it was the PS3 version that got boosted. Not the first time either, there was a pricing and TIV error that happened I think the end of September for a lot of games and BFBC 2 was selling for $2.99 and trading in for like $10-$12.

Refused service.
Manager scans games.
Report to the DM or call customer service. Make sure you have the guy's name.

If you don't want to do that, just find a different store.
Yeah, I personally wouldn't do that if I were you. I've had a whole bunch of employees tell me that you have to put the full amount down - that corporate doesn't want them putting $5 down any more. We all know that the computers allow it to happen, so it can be frustrating. I get that. But honestly, you should probably just take the L today and try to lay low. Go to another Gamestop if you have to. If you want a long a profitable relationship with Gamestop, it's better to not draw unnecessary attention to yourself. Reporting to a DM over this is unnecessary attention IMO.

Refused service.
Manager scans games.
Lmao what a bozo. The manager at my store literally encourages me to only put $5 down so I can keep trading in more stuff and keep getting the bonus

Yeah I had the key inserted and was on the horn getting the codes for nuke launch......
But I'm gonna take my meds, maybe ghost out.

Yeah , thanks. I just went to a different store and it was chill no problem have a nice day sir.

Lmao what a bozo. The manager at my store literally encourages me to only put $5 down so I can keep trading in more stuff and keep getting the bonus
Yeah, it seems like people sometimes just get unlucky and run into those types. My dialogue is always:

(as they're scanning in my trades)

me: "I'd like to pre-order a game also"

associate: "okay, what game would you like"

me: "Resident Evil 7"

associate: "okay, how much would you like to put down?"

me: "$10"

associate: "okay no problem"

Never mention the bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back