GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
My copies of Titanfall 2, that I ordered with GCU+DOTD+Visa Checkout, are ready to be picked up; it's all falling into place...

Has anyone had a bad experience with using trade credit for purchases on GameStop's website? I'm considering a few purchases on the site since they have some stuff that I might want.
Only had an issue on one cancelled order - was a $10 game so didn't bother following up with customer service.

Do NOT, do NOT use it on digital currency or anything digital from others' experience here.

I normally put $5 down on an initial preorder then I just add $1 to it during game Dumps to gamestop. Get all dat sweet bonus for only $1 down lol

Only had an issue on one cancelled order - was a $10 game so didn't bother following up with customer service.

Do NOT, do NOT use it on digital currency or anything digital from others' experience here.
Yup totally agree.

I bought 2 $15 Xbox GC online with credit. Only one code showed up.

Messaged CS about 2 days later no reply back.

Messaged again a week later and they replied, "Sorry, we will look in to it."

I forgot about the Gift Card for about one and a half months later.

Then CS sent me the code.

They eventually get the job done, but its not worth the wait or the stress.

Has anyone had a bad experience with using trade credit for purchases on GameStop's website? I'm considering a few purchases on the site since they have some stuff that I might want.
Yea I have a couple of orders from October that have said "shipped" since November something

What are the chances Titanfall 2 TIV drops by tomorrow? I have work/class till 9pm tonight and have some BB credit to flip. 

great experience for once trading in. out of the blue the guy grabbed a $5 trade extra trade in card and scanned it, (ive never been given a card at the store) had my in store pickups ready(5 minutes after opening), and had a genuine look of shock when i added a $5 preorder for zelda on switch and the total i was getting back doubled.

My new GS query has been fixed and is stable now. The data has replaced the old one and is now up on the main GS spreadsheet. It includes SKUs and TIV of removed games from the website and app and upcoming games that are already in their internal systems. Also new GS prices are temporarily gone for now. Enjoy and let me know if there is a mistake if you see one. 

Do botw amiibos count? Would be nice. Otherwise it looks like I'm buying a game at full price. I would really like to buy Botw on Wii u for my son, I plan on moving his Wii u to the living room on Switch launch day and were going to play Zelda side by side. Time for my ps4 to take a backseat

I hope the Titanfall 2 and Amazing Spiderman 2 are still in stock at Best Buy when I go do my trade in's on Friday. I hope their trade in values don't go down either.

My copies of Titanfall 2, that I ordered with GCU+DOTD+Visa Checkout, are ready to be picked up; it's all falling into place...
Good idea but for me it means 2-3 different gamestops. But the potential flip spend $100 ish get $25 back at BB and turn that into $165 in Gamestop credit

Some questions for GameStop employees:

1. Does "canceling" (refunding) a pre-order for a game that has already been released, but not picked up, still negatively affect the employee?

2. In continuing from #1, if I have outstanding $5 pre-orders for multiple games is there a negative effect to the employee from rolling 3 "old" pre-orders into 1?

I'm not in any rush or hurry for the credit tied to the deposits, but I just want to either reclaim or consolidate them into a single pre-order without hurting the employee's numbers.

Beard, when can we expect to see future changes reflected on your sheet? I'd like to know what's going to happen with trade values at least one week in the future. 

Beard, when can we expect to see future changes reflected on your sheet? I'd like to know what's going to happen with trade values at least one week in the future.
why stop at one week? i think we need at least the next 6 months in advance. not only trade in values but also sales, price drops etc.

why stop at one week? i think we need at least the next 6 months in advance. not only trade in values but also sales, price drops etc.
Now we're talking. Why hasn't this happened yet?
1bae09fb2ecdd32e63311526238fb66456ffd699a857396004d37ccf0098303a.jpg

I really don't want to trade in 1 TF2 PS4 and 1 TF2 X1 at each of the 2 Gamestops in town, but it's $48+tax (Visa CO) turned into $128 in GS trade credit for 1- 1 1/2 hrs work.  Hard to say no.

I hope the Titanfall 2 and Amazing Spiderman 2 are still in stock at Best Buy when I go do my trade in's on Friday. I hope their trade in values don't go down either.
Isn't TF2 a DotD? That flip will be over tomorrow unless you order online for in store pick up. I wouldn't hesitate on the order either because I just went to my BB and bought all of their TF2s lol.

I want to take advantage of the Visa Checkout but kind of resisting because I hate having to put in my own money for flips.

I've never been told that they'll accept multiple copies with a receipt, but the policy does say that they'd be willing to accept new items with one. I've been a little successful doing this when trading Redbox games whose stickers were too tricky to take off cleanly. Some were happy with me showing the receipt and others still wouldn't accept the games.
Wait...so the policy says we can trade in sealed games with receipt...rofl what? But they will see how cheap we got it for and when we brought it roflmao..."u just brought this 5 mins ago?" lol guess it works if u brought it last month or so lol...

I just ordered Amazing Spiderman 2 and Titanfall 2 and I'll be picking them up tomorrow. Thanks guys. 

Just dance 2017 xbox one is $10 at meijer and flips for $24 with the switch promo. Not sure if other versions are on sale as well, but those flip as well. Am about to go and buy some. I'll report back

Be careful if you're buying bioshock collection from GS. Both PS4 copies only had One bioshock infinite disk when there's supposed to be the bioshock 1/2 disk as well. It's going to be a fun time explaining I didnt take the second disk...

Be careful if you're buying bioshock collection from GS. Both PS4 copies only had One bioshock infinite disk when there's supposed to be the bioshock 1/2 disk as well. It's going to be a fun time explaining I didnt take the second disk...
If you go back to the same store you bought it from it should be pretty easy to check the computer inventory vs the actual on hand inventory.

Have been out of the flipping loop for the last while but this was too good to skip. $84 (100-25+tax) at BB turned into $152 at GS even after the $5 preorder deposit. With BB right next to a GS was able to do this on my lunch break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back