GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got shut down for the Switch promo on a Sega Saturn game. Didn't automatically apply, and the guy called a couple "other GS managers" to check and ended up saying, "sorry, it won't apply and I can't override it."

Just dance 2017 xbox one is $10 at meijer and flips for $24 with the switch promo. Not sure if other versions are on sale as well, but those flip as well. Am about to go and buy some. I'll report back
Can confirm the Wii U, PS4, Xbone, 360, and PS3 versions are all on sale for $9.99. Wii version still rings up full price though. The current gen system versions trade for $24 with the promo and the PS3/360 versions trade for $20.80 with the promo

Got shut down for the Switch promo on a Sega Saturn game. Didn't automatically apply, and the guy called a couple "other GS managers" to check and ended up saying, "sorry, it won't apply and I can't override it."
Yeah it's picky with what retro games will work. Better to not argue it if the system isn't giving it to you.

If you go back to the same store you bought it from it should be pretty easy to check the computer inventory vs the actual on hand inventory.
I think maybe the original owner just got away with trading in 1 disk unless GS uses two of those disk paper envelopes to house the two disks individually.

Wait...so the policy says we can trade in sealed games with receipt...rofl what? But they will see how cheap we got it for and when we brought it roflmao..."u just brought this 5 mins ago?" lol guess it works if u brought it last month or so lol...
I learned that lesson once. I open all games when flipping which has also brought added bonuses with preorders and various dlc vouchers.

Just dance 2017 xbox one is $10 at meijer and flips for $24 with the switch promo. Not sure if other versions are on sale as well, but those flip as well. Am about to go and buy some. I'll report back
Some a hole cleared out every just dance 2017 for all systems except for wii at the meijer near me. This sucks, but oh well.

Traded in GTA V for $28.80 today after the Switch bonus. This is my fourth time trading in my personal copy of the game, not counting at least ten that I've flipped between the two generations. This damn game is just the gift that keeps on giving. Might be my personal MVP.

Also, my store was condensing the Wii U section to one little rack, smaller than the Wii collection. Sad! 

Thank you for the heads up :) I stopped by Meijer after work and picked up 1 copy of Xbox / PS4 / WiiU and was able to trade them in without issue :D

I see stores are starting to get copies of Halo Wars 2 now:

New In Stock: 103
New Low Stock: 15
New No Stock: 182
Sample Range: 324 - 633
National Range: 4789 - 9356
National Estimation: 7072

Estimate Progress: 100%
Elapsed seconds: 4.068

Goddammit, what the fuck is up with Wii U discs randomly not working? Got a disc today that seems to be in fine condition, but it just will not read it in my system. I would chance it and buy one online but from what I've read that is even more hit or miss

Goddammit, what the fuck is up with Wii U discs randomly not working? Got a disc today that seems to be in fine condition, but it just will not read it in my system. I would chance it and buy one online but from what I've read that is even more hit or miss
Exchange in store. Something about the refurb process screws Wii u discs, happened with a Lego game I got one time, flawless disc that didn't read

GS refurbs them like blu-rays even though they are not standard blu-rays. They are some sort of Nintendo proprietary form of blu-ray mostly so they do not have to pay fees on each game they sell to licensing the blu-ray format. When GS refurbs them like that they don't work anymore.

Pro members get 40 percent bonus trade credit toward games 2/27 - 3/5[attachment=25533:IMG_0032.JPG]

Yeah I sent Best Buy back 4 used Wii U discs in the past 2 weeks. They don't work. No apparent damage.

I returned 3 Lego City Undercover discs to Gamestop a year ago. None of them worked. I have had many more bad Wii U disc experiences as well.

I see stores are starting to get copies of Halo Wars 2 now:

New In Stock: 103
New Low Stock: 15
New No Stock: 182
Sample Range: 324 - 633
National Range: 4789 - 9356
National Estimation: 7072

Estimate Progress: 100%
Elapsed seconds: 4.068
Sounds about right. My standard edition HW2 from BBY shipped out today and is expected to be delivered to me tomorrow.

Yeah I sent Best Buy back 4 used Wii U discs in the past 2 weeks. They don't work. No apparent damage.

I returned 3 Lego City Undercover discs to Gamestop a year ago. None of them worked. I have had many more bad Wii U disc experiences as well.
I stopped even bothering to buy used Wii U games. I was tracking it for a while and I think it was as high as 70% failure to read.

Figured I should also mention that Meijer also has Overwatch for $29.99 for PS4 and Xbone, and it trades in for $40 with the bonus. Not a great flip unless you have some Meijer credit

Forgive me if this already has been answered. To trigger the Switch 50% bonus, do you have to add a new preorder? Or if I have a Switch accessory preordered that hasn't fully been paid off, will adding the credit to that preorder trigger the bonus? Thanks in advance.

Forgive me if this already has been answered. To trigger the Switch 50% bonus, do you have to add a new preorder? Or if I have a Switch accessory preordered that hasn't fully been paired off, will adding the credit to that preorder trigger the bonus? Thanks in advance.
Adding will trigger

Forgive me if this already has been answered. To trigger the Switch 50% bonus, do you have to add a new preorder? Or if I have a Switch accessory preordered that hasn't fully been paid off, will adding the credit to that preorder trigger the bonus? Thanks in advance.
Both options work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It can be an existing one.

Have you guys/gals had success with using the $5 coupon that Nick51705 was nice enough to repost? I was shot down at the GS that I have my Switch preordered at. Told me that the coupon was expired. Sounded like BS from the tone of his voice when he told me that, but I didn't wanna argue since I was on my lunch break. 

Omg trying to control my rage right now. I requested a new pro card, all my trade credit was on my old one. It's been wiped out. Just found that out trying to flip from GameStop to Best Buy to pick up some titanfall to flip back. Now I'm sure it's going to be a huge hassle to get my almost $600. I got at least $100+ to trade in tomorrow so I'll have some to work with.

Have you guys/gals had success with using the $5 coupon that Nick51705 was nice enough to repost? I was shot down at the GS that I have my Switch preordered at. Told me that the coupon was expired. Sounded like BS from the tone of his voice when he told me that, but I didn't wanna argue since I was on my lunch break.
I think someone said that it expires at the end of the month (around the 28th).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Omg trying to control my rage right now. I requested a new pro card, all my trade credit was on my old one. It's been wiped out. Just found that out trying to flip from GameStop to Best Buy to pick up some titanfall to flip back. Now I'm sure it's going to be a huge hassle to get my almost $600. I got at least $100+ to trade in tomorrow so I'll have some to work with.
Never ever keep credit on PUR cards. Anything ever happens to your account and everything disappears from it.

i've used it today and yesterday without any problems or hassles.

expires sometime at the end of this month... is what the clerk told me today. after she scanned one, she gave it to me and told me to take advantage of it as much as i can.

i'm just your average neighborhood friendly flipper.

Never ever keep credit on PUR cards. Anything ever happens to your account and everything disappears from it.
Ya lesson learned, only on trade card from now on. I wasn't even thinking about that when I did it. I'm sure it's a big hassle and doubt I'll have that credit back by the time the switch comes out. Gonna have to hustle hard. I better get this credit back.

Ya lesson learned, only on trade card from now on. I wasn't even thinking about that when I did it. I'm sure it's a big hassle and doubt I'll have that credit back by the time the switch comes out. Gonna have to hustle hard. I better get this credit back.
Once had my credit wiped and also got slapped with a ban, I had $203 on my card, went in to buy a eBay card for $200, the next day that remaining $3 got froze. Needless to say I got lucky/unlucky

Would like to thank Meijer, Disc Replay, And Gamestop with Just Dance 2017.  Made some easy profit with not to much out of pocket.

My local disc replays in my area were paying $20 cash for JD on wii u and $19 each for the Xone and PS4 copies. Helped make up some of the cost for the double copies i grabbed at stores.  May be YMMV for others as disc replays very in value by store.  Also found a couple of $4 Elder Scrolls oblivion at one disc replay which was a decent trade to GS.

Got back from my 2nd stop today with the BB games. Turned another $84 to $150. In addition went ahead and flipped some games I've been holding on to from black Friday and such and a few I've finished. So I had all my games in the system and the GS employee said he'd throw in the $5 bonus card if I preordered something (which I was going to do anyway). He suggested the Premium Mario Switch case which I happily agreed to. After he added that and scanned the $5 card, my total jumped about $90 in credit coming back to me. He studied the screen for a while and finally said there must be a promo and if I wanted to buy anything else. I declined, swiped my trade card, and signed my name on the trade paperwork.

Was told today that the $5 cards expire 2/28/17. I can also confirm that the B1G1 30% off on used games works automatically (did it on a separate transaction). I picked up Bioshock collection and XCOM 2 both used. Bioshock was $25.19 after the 10% Pur and XCOM 2 was 17.63 after 8.40 off and another 1.96 for the PUR discount. So 42.82 for both or $21.41 each. Pretty good!

FYI to all, these facts have been mentioned by GS employees in this thread:

• The $5 trade card will expire on 2/28 (unless they are extended again, this is just my own speculation).
  • The last day for GS employees to hand these cards out was 2/14 as they are supposed to expire two weeks after they are handed out.  So if they scan a card from behind the counter to add to your TIV, consider yourself doubly blessed and consider submitting a glowing review. :)

Haven't been on this thread or CAG in a while, but I do have a good mountain of things to flip. So to get this right, $5 preorder on a Switch item with the trade in will trigger the 50% bonus? 

Hoping that this is the case because I just reserved a preowned copy of Nioh. 

Haven't been on this thread or CAG in a while, but I do have a good mountain of things to flip. So to get this right, $5 preorder on a Switch item with the trade in will trigger the 50% bonus?

Hoping that this is the case because I just reserved a preowned copy of Nioh.
I'd be snappy but I asked a dumb question a few pages back. Yes, any pre order triggers the bonus credit and no you don't have to put more than the five down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back