GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Repost of the code:

Just the barcode:

Blackbeard's generic coupon version:

Someone else please post this in the wiki and state it's good until 2/28. Every time I try to edit the wiki it just "loads" forever.
If some weird reason your GS won't take the Code-128 version of EBC3053891, use the Code-39 version of EBC3053891 that's on the card instead:

[attachment=25537:EBC3053891.png]

I'm guessing no one else was mysteriously signed out of the GS app on their phone then? I don't wanna bring in my huge stack of games just to be told I have trade ban on my acct... last time this occurred I later found out I got hit with a trade ban in store...not sure if it's my phone or is this an indicator of being banned from trading next 90 days =( well...85 days whatever...

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum. I have so many games to trade in. When does the stealth bump go live if there even is one this weekend. I gotta pay off my switch lol. Stealth bump and 60% switch trade in would be awesome!

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum. I have so many games to trade in. When does the stealth bump go live if there even is one this weekend. I gotta pay off my switch lol. Stealth bump and 60% switch trade in would be awesome!
I hope it happens although I doubt it will. My Fire Emblem Conquests came in from Best Buy yesterday, and I need to get rid of my second NHL 17. But another CAG said Friday is the day that bumps change.

Wouldn't it be easier to just put 5 dollar down on a game?
Probably. You can either move the preorder, pay the game off entirely and pick up when it comes out to return it, or cancel the preorder although the associate who cancels it will get dinged. Mine are going over to preorders for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom next week which is GameStop exclusive. That way, the associates at the stores I frequent don't get dinged and I get games that I really wanted.

I stopped by four stores yesterday with varying degrees of success. I didn't realize that 3rd party Xbox One power supplies can be turned away, but fortunately the last two stores didn't seem to care. I was charged refurb fees on a few games with no mention of the fee, but that same GA missed a sticking trigger on a Dualshock 3. No two Gamestop experiences are the same, apparently. I didn't have any issues with $5 preorders, and most of the GA's were surprised by the trade promo. 

I ran into one issue at the first store, where the employee was reviewing all of my preorders and seemed like he might reject my trade. He asked me if I had two Switch's preordered, which I do. Clearly he had the information, so I'm not sure why he was asking other than to try and reject my trade-in/preorder request. I told him I ordered a neon & gray. I told him I wanted to put $5 towards Mario Kart and the rest towards my existing Zelda BotW SE. He asked me if I had a copy of BotW shipping to me, and I do. Again, not sure why he asked, but in the end after a bit of hesitation, he processed my request. How long have employees been able to see a history of your current preorders?

I guess it's been a while since it was last mentioned, but is it possible to avoid trading in third party power supplies?  They are notorious for being lesser quality and can be a danger to anyone using them.  Sure they trade in for a lot more than what you can buy them for, but let's be a responsible community and not spread that filth around.

I guess it's been a while since it was last mentioned, but is it possible to avoid trading in third party power supplies? They are notorious for being lesser quality and can be a danger to anyone using them. Sure they trade in for a lot more than what you can buy them for, but let's be a responsible community and not spread that filth around.
I've been using a third party Xbox One PSU from Fry's for around a year with no issues so far.

fuck you whoever on here trying to get into my Google and Paypal accounts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

This is the fast track to losing a great resource, don't be idiots people. Hope you have that 2FA turned on on both Blackbeard.

Here are the cheapest things that can be preordered for the bump.

Switch Joy-Con Strap Gray sku:141829 $7.99
Switch clean and protect kit Sku: 139379 $7.99
Switch game traveler case mini bundle sku: 141730 $9.99
Switch Joy-Con Armor Guards sku: 139399 $14.99
Switch Joy-Con Comfort Grip (red 141810 and black 141738) $14.99
Switch Zelda Premium Console Case sku:139385 $14.99

Here's that preorder list again.

giphy.gif

This is the fast track to losing a great resource, don't be idiots people. Hope you have that 2FA turned on on both Blackbeard.
2FA is what saved my ass. It's bad enough I had to turn off copy/print functions and track the url because of corporate Best Buy (Who is constantly spying on the sheets BTW).

best buy titan fall 2 price is wrong ? I dont see it for that price
Sorry was dealing with making sure my accounts were not hacked. That was the DOTD yesterday and I have since reran that query and posted it.

I guess it's been a while since it was last mentioned, but is it possible to avoid trading in third party power supplies? They are notorious for being lesser quality and can be a danger to anyone using them. Sure they trade in for a lot more than what you can buy them for, but let's be a responsible community and not spread that filth around.
First I've heard that they are dangerous. The two that I traded are carried by Amazon. Here's a link to one of the listings:

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Power-Supply-QUIET-VERSION-Charging/dp/B01DTK8NBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487357008&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Xbox+One+ac+adapter&psc=1

Surely it can't be that dangerous if Amazon is selling them?

I got a question, on the buy two get one free coupon you get upon re-registering, is it in-store only or it can be used online?

First I've heard that they are dangerous. The two that I traded are carried by Amazon. Here's a link to one of the listings:

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Power-Supply-QUIET-VERSION-Charging/dp/B01DTK8NBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487357008&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Xbox+One+ac+adapter&psc=1

Surely it can't be that dangerous if Amazon is selling them?
I'll say this, there has been at least one vendor I know of that was selling lamps on Amazon that were major fire hazards and resulted in at least 2 full home losses from insurance claims. The only reason they came off Amazon is because the 3PL pulled them.

Oh and they were FBA products so don't think that makes it safe.

2FA is what saved my ass. It's bad enough I had to turn off copy/print functions and track the url because of corporate Best Buy (Who is constantly spying on the sheets BTW).
Some corporate junior executive is going to rip off your sheet and catapult himself into a senior position.

"You see sir, my pricing adjustments keep moving our excess stock off our shelves to competitors. See here what we did for the Cory in the House stock just in the last week."

Where has this idea come from? Thousands of these are sold. I have tried looking for any reports of a fire started by one of these and nothing. Smoking and failing yes. It seems mostly like a CAG urban legend that you will kill a family with 3rd party PS.

Where has this idea come from? Thousands of these are sold. I have tried looking for any reports of a fire started by one of these and nothing. Smoking and failing yes. It seems mostly like a CAG urban legend that you will kill a family with 3rd party PS.
I remember this was an issue with the 360 slim power supplies that were knock offs. Js you don't really wanna be that guy who traded 3rd party and they find out it was you. Just be careful and not too greedy. Not all profit is good profit

My uncle, who works for Nintendo, died from a 3rd party Power Supply.

Don't you dare laugh at this. Don't you dare...

Sorry was dealing with making sure my accounts were not hacked. That was the DOTD yesterday and I have since reran that query and posted it.
Since BB is spying can you please put up a sheet that simply says "Best Buy, please put NHL 17 as a Deal of the Day!" I want to abuse that and the Visa Check Out promo.

Some sneaky CAG bought out all the Spider-Man 2 copies in my town :( oh well, at least I managed to get one copy yesterday. Trading in Titanfall 2 and Overwatch today, bringing my total to $220ish with a binding of Isaac preorder down. Good bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back