GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
im just get all best buy credit now and wait for good sales and slowly flip it back at a profit ll salty that fates and titanfall 2 arent on sale any more since Im not busy any more

Still haven't had a chance to flip anything yet but just giving a shoutout to Blackbeard, thanks for all the hard work!

Small donation coming your way within these next couple of days! ;)

Has anyone confirmed the in-store base value for a black dualshock 4?

I have one to trade in but kinda reluctant on doing so since the app shows $0. Trying to avoid bringing it up to an employee's attention.

I just got back from Gamestop and best buy. I got ~$178 in Gamestop trade in credit. I renewed my pro card and put $5 down on  BotW. Thanks guys for the heads up on the deals. Please remember to remind your cashier that there is a trade in deal going on. Check the amount you're getting before you sign.

How should I move the $5 trade in credit that I put on Zelda BotW? Are they going to let put that trade in credit towards the purchase of another item?

Can you not triple post within the span of two minutes?

As for your first question, no. As for your second question, just cancel it after the game comes out or move it to another game

Just updated the console query to the new format. I can get that result in a few seconds now as opposed to 5 minutes. All retro system base TIV are there however 20 of the 146 I could not get prices for. I will continue to look for a solution to get as many as possible.

Got about $160 credit today after trading a bunch of old games. Zelda is now paid off and the rest is going towards paying off the Switch. Thanks CAG!

Very YMMV but my bestbuy still had the Titanfall 2 tags as 24.99(19.99 GCU) so they had to honor it. They had no idea it was only for yesterday's deal of the day.

I hate to sound grumpy or anti-social but I wish the people in my GameStop would just ring up my transaction and let me get on my way when I go in. I went there today to trade in my Titanfall 2 copies and the employee broke out into asking why'd I want to trade in such a good game followed up by asking why I have two of them and again asking why I don't want it anymore. I mean, WHY DO YOU CARE. It wasn't in the junior detective "Oh what do we have here" kind of way, but it's so annoying always getting the 5th degree whenever I buy something or trade in at GameStop compared to literally any other retail store.

Anytime i do a trade in i talk to the employee about their job, their position and how they feel about working at gamestop. Sometimes ask them about how their day is going or even talk about video games.I dont sit there in silence while they do the transaction and let them lead and direct the conversation. Its called being friendly and works wonders most of the time.

I hate to sound grumpy or anti-social but I wish the people in my GameStop would just ring up my transaction and let me get on my way when I go in. I went there today to trade in my Titanfall 2 copies and the employee broke out into asking why'd I want to trade in such a good game followed up by asking why I have two of them and again asking why I don't want it anymore. I mean, WHY DO YOU CARE. It wasn't in the junior detective "Oh what do we have here" kind of way, but it's so annoying always getting the 5th degree whenever I buy something or trade in at GameStop compared to literally any other retail store.
I find it best to just engage with those type of employees, I have a story for each type of conversation. If I go in like a hard ass they tend to become junior detectives, testing out my trades and everything. The worst are the ones that get upset when you know more about their jobs then they do.

Traded in Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon, and Mario Kart 8 for WiiU today, so expect those to get stealth bumped this weekend.

Employee was super cool about trading only 5$ toward Bomberman for Switch and put the rest on my Pikachu XL, he laughed and said "As long as you weren't trying to cheat the system like the dude who was here earlier, we are cool"

Hey everyone. It's been quite some time since I've posted here or kept up with the video game deals and I have a question about the 50% trade in bonus for stuff going towards Switch pre orders.

I've got a bunch of games that total up to $80 and $120 with the bonus. All I want to pre order is Zelda and then put the rest to Horizon. So my question is will I get the bonus credit on the full $80 if I tell them I just want to pre order Zelda? Will the remaining balance with the bonus be put on a trade in card that I can use later? Basically, will I get $120 in credit that I can put $60 towards Zelda and save the other $60 for later? Thanks for any info and help.

Hey everyone. It's been quite some time since I've posted here or kept up with the video game deals and I have a question about the 50% trade in bonus for stuff going towards Switch pre orders.

I've got a bunch of games that total up to $80 and $120 with the bonus. All I want to pre order is Zelda and then put the rest to Horizon. So my question is will I get the bonus credit on the full $80 if I tell them I just want to pre order Zelda? Will the remaining balance with the bonus be put on a trade in card that I can use later? Basically, will I get $120 in credit that I can put $60 towards Zelda and save the other $60 for later? Thanks for any info and help.
Yes, the bonus is applied to the whole transaction. Any left over credit can be done as you wish (apply to other preorder, put on trade card, etc.)

Yes! :)

Read the thread a bit literally asked this at the top of the last page.
What's the moves back to BB? Could use more elite points
Ironic._My_stupid_attempt_at_a_new_meme._I_tried_4bafa6_3552920.jpg

Well apparently I read the rules wrong. I thought you could trade up to 3 copies per game per console.

Trade 1 on Wednesday:
Spider-Man 2 Xbox one
Spider-Man 2 PS4
NHL 17 Xbox One
NHL 17 PS4
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Xbox one

Trade 2 Thursday:
Spider-Man 2 Xbox one
Spider-Man 2 PS4
NHL 17 Xbox one
Titanfall 2 Xbox one

I go to trade today and I have exceeded the trade limit and am temporarily blocked. Sweet.

Well apparently I read the rules wrong. I thought you could trade up to 3 copies per game per console.

Trade 1 on Wednesday:
Spider-Man 2 Xbox one
Spider-Man 2 PS4
NHL 17 Xbox One
NHL 17 PS4

Trade 2 Thursday:
Spider-Man 2 Xbox one
Spider-Man 2 PS4
NHL 17 Xbox one
Titanfall 2 Xbox one

I go to trade today and I have exceeded the trade limit and am temporarily blocked. Sweet.
You are correct. Someone must have flagged your account.

Trade 1 on Wednesday:
Spider-Man 2 Xbox one
Spider-Man 2 PS4
NHL 17 Xbox One
NHL 17 PS4

Trade 2 Thursday:
Spider-Man 2 Xbox one
Spider-Man 2 PS4
NHL 17 Xbox one
Titanfall 2 Xbox one

Did you see the same employee?

Thanks for the flips! I was able to move some credit from Gamestop to best buy with the bioshock collection. I then moved it back with titanfall 2 and spider man 2 wiith 50% each flip. I only really made money on the flips back to Gamestop though. I've got more copies of Titanfall 2 coming in the mail through visa checkout. Is it worth playing titanfall 2 single player campaign for a bit or should I flip it now and grab it on sale later? Thanks again!

Trade 1 on Wednesday:
Spider-Man 2 Xbox one
Spider-Man 2 PS4
NHL 17 Xbox One
NHL 17 PS4
Trade 2 Thursday:
Spider-Man 2 Xbox one
Spider-Man 2 PS4
NHL 17 Xbox one
Titanfall 2 Xbox one

Are those the only two trades you have done in the past 30 days? You may have had a jr detective attention on something you did.

Trade 1 on Wednesday:
Spider-Man 2 Xbox one
Spider-Man 2 PS4
NHL 17 Xbox One
NHL 17 PS4
Trade 2 Thursday:
Spider-Man 2 Xbox one
Spider-Man 2 PS4
NHL 17 Xbox one
Titanfall 2 Xbox one
was trade 1 your only trade this month? Do you remember if your employee was nosey??

Only other trade was when I traded my Wii U when the Switch promo was active. I traded at 2 different locations but they are within 10m of each other and regularly shop at both. Neither employee seemed nosey. Trade 1 was my first trade of Feb.

I took a hit and had my wife trade my remaining games nonpro so I lost 10% on my base trades. Pretty dumb. The best was my wife went to trade a couple more Spider-Man 2 and the store register told the employee that they were overstocked on it and they didn't want the trade. Went to the other location and it traded fine. That was some bullshit. Ain't my fault the store has too many. Send em to another store. Dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back