GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say these stores rented out new copies of Halo Wars 2 to employees as they are already showing stock of the pre-owned SKU 2 days before release.

Rutledge Commons 300 AIRPORT RD STE 80 Arden NC 28704
Parkdale Mall 6155 EASTEX FWY STE 1348 Beaumont TX 77706
Northpark Plaza 5890 Eastex Freeway Beaumont TX 77708
Berkeley Center 2200 SHATTUCK AVE BERKELEY CA 94704
WalMart Plz MT 1749 MAIN ST STE C Billings MT 59105
Redbud Corners 2419 West Kenosha ST Broken Arrow OK 74012
Brentwood Plaza 8537 Winton Road Suite 20 Cincinnati OH 45231
Serramonte Center 3 SERRAMONTE CTR STE 127-C Daly City CA 94015
Downers Grove Center 7343 LEMONT RD DOWNERS GROVE IL 60516
Brandywine Sq. S/C 40 QUARRY RD SPACE H DOWNINGTOWN PA 19335
Evansville Pavilion 6401 E LLOYD EXPY STE 12 EVANSVILLE IN 47715
SWM 521 Retail Shops 10092 Charlotte HWY Ste 105 Fort Mill SC 29707
Charter Oak 69 William Shorty Campbell St Ste G Hartford CT 06106
Southern Tier 1623 County Road 64 Suite G103 Horseheads NY 14845
Market Place S/C 4201 S NOLAND RD STE V Independence MO 64055
City Place 250 E 5TH ST STE C125 LONG BEACH CA 90802
Village @ River 2086 GALLATIN PIKE N Madison TN 37115
Illinois Centre 3000 WEST DEYOUNG ST SP 262 MARION IL 62959
Red Mountain Gateway 2015 N POWER RD STE 104 MESA AZ 85215
Shoppes @ Tamiami 14140 SW 8TH ST MIAMI FL 33184
Midland Shopping Ctr 4416 Briarwood Ave Suite 107 Midland TX 79707
Blue Bell SWM 400 BLUE BELL DR New Philadelphia OH 44663
179 Ferry Street 179 FERRY ST Newark NJ 07105
Shipyard Plaza 4227 DENNY AVE Pascagoula MS 39581
Northridge Plaza 2830 NEW PINERY RD Portage WI 53901
Rochester Hills SWM 2532 S ADAMS RD Bldg A Rochester Hills MI 48309
Mariners Point 6586 GA HIGHWAY 40 E Saint Marys GA 31558
Presidential Commons 1708 SCENIC HWY N Snellville GA 30078
SWM Crosspoint Plz 10408 W HIGHWAY 2 STE 2 Spokane WA 99224
SWM Center 21212 Kuykendahl RD Ste F Spring TX 77379
23485 Eureka Road 23485 EUREKA ROAD TAYLOR MI 48180
Union Landing 31079 Courthouse Drive Union City CA 94587
Haygood S/C 1063 Independence Blvd Virginia Beach VA 23455
Kroger Shops 4701 Shore Drive Virginia Beach VA 23455
Central Texas Market 2448 W LOOP 340 STE 29 WACO TX 76711
Quail Creek S/C 3201 Lawrence RD Suite 550 Wichita Falls TX 76308
Parkway Village 3581 Parkway Village CT Winston-Salem NC 27127

I called my local Gamestop. They said they threw out all the pennied out gwent decks. I'm sad.

Usually it shouldn't be a problem but:

if a dumpster is against a building or inside a fenced enclosure marked “No Trespassing,” you could be questioned, ticketed or even arrested by the police. Other law-enforcement tactics to discourage dumpster diving include:

– to ticket or arrest for littering (hence the legal as well as common courtesy reason to leave a trash area neater than you found it!);

– to ticket or arrest for disorderly conduct, if you are blocking a sidewalk or generally creating a ruckus while dumpster diving, or refuse to leave an area when requested to do so.

if a dumpster is against a building or inside a fenced enclosure marked “No Trespassing,” you could be questioned, ticketed or even arrested by the police. Other law-enforcement tactics to discourage dumpster diving include:

– to ticket or arrest for littering (hence the legal as well as common courtesy reason to leave a trash area neater than you found it!);

– to ticket or arrest for disorderly conduct, if you are blocking a sidewalk or generally creating a ruckus while dumpster diving, or refuse to leave an area when requested to do so.
Yeah. It is a bad idea. As kids we used to go into the McDonald's dumpster to dig out the monopoly game pieces. It seems less appealing now as an adult.

Captured all the stealth price increases and put it in a new tab called "GS Games Stealth Price Increases" thanks for bringing it to my attention frosty47

There were 41 games that had their used price increased and no TIV changed at all.

Sheets
Thanks again for all the hard work on these sheets. I've sent $10 your way which is a small amount from the flips this weekend.

I paid off Nintendo Switch 3 weeks ago. Traded in Wii U + games. Paid about $113 cash.

With new promotion 50% Bonus Trade in towards new system.

Will it work towards my preorder?
Can I get money back?

I went to GS today and traded in:

Super Mario Maker 
GTA V
Dualshock 4

Pokemon Omega Ruby

Got about $120~, preordered Bomberman, Joycon Charging grip, The Zelda Themed stickers and payed off half of the Guardian Amiibo. 

Not bad for games that i stopped playing some time ago and for a dualshock that wasn't 100%.

I paid off Nintendo Switch 3 weeks ago. Traded in Wii U + games. Paid about $113 cash.

With new promotion 50% Bonus Trade in towards new system.

Will it work towards my preorder?
Can I get money back?
You only need to put $5 down to get the bonus on all your trade ins. Put it towards a game. Just apply the credit to the switch when you pick it up. This should work theoretically.

Thank you all for your help. Was able to trade in my shite original PS4 and got 175 for it and got to keep the controller. Traded in Bayonetta 1/2 (Wii U) and my copy of Infinite Warfare and got around 50 back. Returned my Nioh copy and paid nothing out of pocket and got some decent PUR points back. Not bad for a PS4 that is about to die. 

Now time to sell my new COD Remastered code. Also looks like none of the GameStops gave out any of the anime week posters. Tons in the trash.  

Hoping to make one last round with the Switch deal and pay off the joycon strap or cleaning kit.

Thank you all for your help. Was able to trade in my shite original PS4 and got 175 for it and got to keep the controller. Traded in Bayonetta 1/2 (Wii U) and my copy of Infinite Warfare and got around 50 back. Returned my Nioh copy and paid nothing out of pocket and got some decent PUR points back. Not bad for a PS4 that is about to die.

Now time to sell my new COD Remastered code. Also looks like none of the GameStops gave out any of the anime week posters. Tons in the trash.

Hoping to make one last round with the Switch deal and pay off the joycon strap or cleaning kit.
I was just wondering about this. Do you find good stuff in the dumpster? I brought my kids into Gamestop dressed as Mario and Sonic and the didn't have any posters on hand. It is a small store but they did give us some Pokemon Sun and Moon preorder posters.

I was just wondering about this. Do you find good stuff in the dumpster? I brought my kids into Gamestop dressed as Mario and Sonic and the didn't have any posters on hand. It is a small store but they did give us some Pokemon Sun and Moon preorder posters.
The trash for the closest GameStop is a central trash unit for other businesses to use including a pizza joint. I saw their posters inside their actual store trash can behind the register as I was trading in my PS4. The shady GameStop has trash locked behind a wall and the other GameStops are located in malls.

I actually participated twice in anime week and got nothing. I got the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 full edition for 39.99 and traded in my vanilla for around 17ish and got squat. Went Saturday to pick up the limited edition Funko pop since I didn't get the one last year for various reasons and still nothing. Both times was told cosplayers only. Two different stores.

From what I've read dumpster diving at GameStop yields tons of leftover freebies and stand ups as well as things they can't sell. Hit or miss and depending on local and state laws might warrant arrest if trespassing as discussed in other posts.

You only need to put $5 down to get the bonus on all your trade ins. Put it towards a game. Just apply the credit to the switch when you pick it up. This should work theoretically.
But it states to get 50% bonus you need to put $$$ towards purchase of a switch. Already paid the switch in full.

You think they will give me the difference back?
Or just give me extra credit

From what I've read dumpster diving at GameStop yields tons of leftover freebies and stand ups as well as things they can't sell.
Yes I can confirm this is true. I used to do this on a semi regular basis and found dozens if not hundreds of working games in the dumpster as well as tons of pre-order bonuses and collectible Nintendo advertising. Even once found a working Xbox 360 and 2 controllers for some reason they threw out.

However once a couple years ago on the 4th of July I found nearly a hundred pre-owned games, dozens of strategy guides, accessories, and other merch in 5 huge trashbags. Just threw them in the back of the car and went home. Later when I went through it all the games had been slashed with razors by employees, the guides had pages purposely ripped out, and anything with a wire attached had the connector cut.

But it states to get 50% bonus you need to put $$$ towards purchase of a switch. Already paid the switch in full.

You think they will give me the difference back?
Or just give me extra credit
Just trade towards a new Switch pre order item and keep bonus. Don't touch your console pre order. If you have excess credit, wait until it releases and do a return and rebuy so you can get your cash back.

lol.... Everything in my life is starting to make sense. Thank you for this insight.
Yes, that is correct. GameStop. I believe it had a base value of $15 ($24 after boost) all last week, however it is now $32 after the bonus. Think I'm gonna have to unload them, as I doubt the value will go up anymore than it already has. Probably will trade them in individually at different stores, and hope the gamestop stores will have the $5 coupon.

I though

Yes I can confirm this is true. I used to do this on a semi regular basis and found dozens if not hundreds of working games in the dumpster as well as tons of pre-order bonuses and collectible Nintendo advertising. Even once found a working Xbox 360 and 2 controllers for some reason they threw out.

However once a couple years ago on the 4th of July I found nearly a hundred pre-owned games, dozens of strategy guides, accessories, and other merch in 5 huge trashbags. Just threw them in the back of the car and went home. Later when I went through it all the games had been slashed with razors by employees, the guides had pages purposely ripped out, and anything with a wire attached had the connector cut.
I thought dumpster diving was illegal for some reason. Heard a story from one kid who said his brother worked at Best Buy and around the time they were phasing out original Xbox consoles, they were throwing them away, and his brother found some of them in the dumpster.

I'd assume that outside preorder bonuses and advertisements stuff would be cut through. Never know what you might find. New thing is gonna be going to goodwill/searching through craigslist when report cards come around. Schools near area are on trimester basis so winter term is wrapping up soon.

I though

I thought dumpster diving was illegal for some reason. Heard a story from one kid who said his brother worked at Best Buy and around the time they were phasing out original Xbox consoles, they were throwing them away, and his brother found some of them in the dumpster.
Depends where the trash can is at. If it doesn't say no trespassing or is not locked by a gate then it's all fair game. Used to work at Walgreens and our trash cans were behind the store. Anything thrown was fair game albeit with shipments coming in every day the semis would block the cans so planning would be necessary.

afaik that is the work of the manager and/or the district/regional manager, not the regular workers, Im told they call the process field destroying, so rather than donating it, giving to local childrens hospital wards, or simple letting "loyal" customers have the stuff when it has zero value to them, gs corp would rather just destroy everything so nobody gets any pleasure or use of it, just add it to the list of reasons to hate gs

afaik that is the work of the manager and/or the district/regional manager, not the regular workers, Im told they call the process field destroying, so rather than donating it, giving to local childrens hospital wards, or simple letting "loyal" customers have the stuff when it has zero value to them, gs corp would rather just destroy everything so nobody gets any pleasure or use of it, just add it to the list of reasons to hate gs
Has nothing to do with gamestop wanting to be an asshole. The publisher wants their guides to be destroyed so they are just honoring the contract they have in place with the publishers of the guides. Best buy target Walmart etc do the same thing.

Has nothing to do with gamestop wanting to be an asshole. The publisher wants their guides to be destroyed so they are just honoring the contract they have in place with the publishers of the guides. Best buy target Walmart etc do the same thing.
and why do they cut the cords on headsets, scratch the discs, rip the posters, throw away cases/manuals/steel books, etc

When I worked at FYE years ago, one of my duties was to spray paint the Brady guides before tossing them into the dumpster after they were pennied out. We couldn't even take them home.

In the Target Clearance thread a few CAGs said that they have found clearanced out stuff at Ross and Goodwill with the Target price still on them.

When I worked at FYE years ago, one of my duties was to spray paint the Brady guides before tossing them into the dumpster after they were pennied out. We couldn't even take them home.
its a shame, in the past Ive heard stories of stores ripping off the covers and having to send them back for credit or something, but to go out of your way to destroy something just seems wasteful to me, I know every store does this with certain items, just seems awfully wasteful and short sighted imo

its a shame, in the past Ive heard stories of stores ripping off the covers and having to send them back for credit or something, but to go out of your way to destroy something just seems wasteful to me, I know every store does this with certain items, just seems awfully wasteful and short sighted imo
Blame the publishers. I had to help my dm chop the stuff up at every inventory. Pennied out merchandise was not to be sold or given out under 0 circumstances otherwise you faced the fire.

Doing so could damage the rep GS had with the vendors.

Blame the publishers. I had to help my dm chop the stuff up at every inventory. Pennied out merchandise was not to be sold or given out under 0 circumstances otherwise you faced the fire.

Doing so could damage the rep GS had with the vendors.
I understand the new merch from vendors but what I don't get is the hundred or so pre-owned games (they had pre-owned stickers under the "Field Destroy" sticker) that they razor bladed. They all seemed to be in working condition before the razor cut.

I understand the new merch from vendors but what I don't get is the hundred or so pre-owned games (they had pre-owned stickers under the "Field Destroy" sticker) that they razor bladed. They all seemed to be in working condition before the razor cut.
Yeah the pre-owned games I can't answer for. The only p/o game I ever tossed was MAG.

Can you use gamestop trade credit on your pur card to purchase gift cards to other stores?
you can, but not to ebay, amazon, or shell gas, or visa cards. so not really, unless your store carries whole food cards, though the restaurant cards are fair game.

looks like they added a promo for 40% bonus towards purchasing new accessories. kinda pointless with the switch bonus going on, but i guess if dont like cancelling or having money tied in preorders this isnt bad.

Anyone ever order a Wavebird from Gamestop.com?  I have around $30 of credit to burn and I think I'd use my gamecube a lot more if I had a wireless controller. 

So I was just told that my account was flagged and that I was no longer allowed to only put $5 towards my Zelda Switch preorder, I had to put the full trade credit towards the preorder or I couldn't use the promo.

Is this even allowed?! I've only done 4 trades within the past week (including today's) and none were crazy high amounts at all (4-5 games per trade). I'm always very nice to the employees, but this honestly pissed me off. All they told me was that this came down in an email from LP and that my account was flagged, which I'm assuming had to be done at store level...right?!

So I was just told that my account was flagged and that I was no longer allowed to only put $5 towards my Zelda Switch preorder, I had to put the full trade credit towards the preorder or I couldn't use the promo.
Is this even allowed?! I've only done 4 trades within the past week (including today's) and none were crazy high amounts at all (4-5 games per trade). I'm always very nice to the employees, but this honestly pissed me off. All they told me was that this came down in an email from LP and that my account was flagged, which I'm assuming had to be done at store level...right?!
Were you trading in the same games during your 4 visits?

Did they say this before after you gave them your PUR number? Did they read it off a screen?

Sounds like classic random GS lying.

While quite possible, I still think the employee is BSing you. Personally if this happened to me I would cancel the pre-order outright on them and take it to another store. Hurt their COL.

While quite possible, I still think the employee is BSing you. Personally if this happened to me I would cancel the pre-order outright on them and take it to another store. Hurt their COL.
To answer all questions, yes...I was trading multiples of the same game spread out over my 4 trades, never went over the 3 limit though. And the employee did scan my PUR card before telling me all this, still unsure whether it was being read off the screen though (manager was standing there as well, he also chimed in on the conversation).
Only thing I said in reply was "why am i getting flagged for using the system the way it was designed? If I was required to put the entire trade credit towards the preorder, the system shouldn't allow anything less..."

Wonder if doing the survey is even worth it. I pass 2 other GS everyday in my commute (1 of them in another district) so I'm thinking I'll just take my preorder business elsewhere.

To answer all questions, yes...I was trading multiples of the same game spread out over my 4 trades, never went over the 3 limit though. And the employee did scan my PUR card before telling me all this, still unsure whether it was being read off the screen though (manager was standing there as well, he also chimed in on the conversation).
Only thing I said in reply was "why am i getting flagged for using the system the way it was designed? If I was required to put the entire trade credit towards the preorder, the system shouldn't allow anything less..."

Wonder if doing the survey is even worth it. I pass 2 other GS everyday in my commute (1 of them in another district) so I'm thinking I'll just take my preorder business elsewhere.

I would lay low and not attract any more attention in case they decide to make trading difficult or non existent at the other locations you frequent.

Were you ringed by the same employee? If so, how many times? I never do more than 2 per employee, regardless whether they're for different systems.

Also worth asking, did you use a +$5 bonus more than once at the same location?

Did $375 GS today. Moved the items I didn't think would go higher on Friday and could only plummet. I need to go back to my receipts and figure out how close I am to my rolling 2k

Am I reading this right? $145 TIV with the current promo for a New 3DS XL?
what is the current promo?

still tempted to trade in my old 3ds with the busted c pad... Still works BUT the plastic button broke off I could do the Dress button trick if i waned to

(take an old cloth (Dress) button.. Glue it to the stub and then glue the rubber thing over it ..

what is the current promo?

still tempted to trade in my old 3ds with the busted c pad... Still works BUT the plastic button broke off I could do the Dress button trick if i waned to

(take an old cloth (Dress) button.. Glue it to the stub and then glue the rubber thing over it ..
$25 extra trade in value on 3DS and Vitas.

You are the reason I don't buy used consoles from GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back