GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Went as far back as page 3064 and couldn't find the answer.. so does it work on every item in the transaction or just 1. Does it stack with promos?
Only one item. It works with the other promos but you will only get an extra $5 added to the overall trade value of the highest item. It is not applied to the base value.

Blackbeard, when we get closer to the Switch launch can you please run a list of stores lucky enough to get Zelda Master Editions in stock? There were a bunch of Amazon cancellations and I think it might be useful for CAG members who had theirs cancelled.
Special editions or master edition would be nice

Blackbeard, when we get closer to the Switch launch can you please run a list of stores lucky enough to get Zelda Master Editions in stock? There were a bunch of Amazon cancellations and I think it might be useful for CAG members who had theirs cancelled.
Special editions or master edition would be nice
Barring any unforeseen complications, yes. I should know as soon as they shipped to the stores.

I want that blue gears console but I already have gears.
Try to find that bundle used at GS, problem solved! I was lucky enough to get the SM's complimentary console right after he traded it in and so it was like new, plus I got to use a handful of Cyber Monday pre-owned certs on it. :)

I am not sure if this has been covered. Will you get the extra trade in if you put in an existing preorder? I put 5 bucks down on Mario kart 8 deluxe. Now I can put in another 5 bucks down on the same order when I do another trade correct?
Yes but the extra credit doesn't show up until they apply a payment to the preorder.

I found his alt

9HFgXQN.jpg
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/5vro8z/zelda_bot_special_edition_on_hand/

1- Its the principal. If I am buying a new game it should be a new game. Virtually anyplace else if you buy an opened item it is sold as an open item at a discount, lamestop gives you no discount and will not even acknowledge it is anything except brand new. What if you think if something is advertised as new but it isnt actually new that its ok and youll find excuses to treat it like its no big deal? If so then where does it stop? More you let them do things like this the more they do it.

2- It isn't like they take off the shrink wrap and just hand it to you. For example a couple years ago (the last time I ever went into a lamestop) I wanted a game and the last one they had was on the store shelf, a gutted copy. So they got the shelf box which had 2 or 3 stickers on it (Over the upc, on the spine and on the front), it was dusty, manual bent up, it was nicked up and dinged up from being handled so much, the front of the box was faded out from sitting where the sun through the window hit it everyday and they told me "Its brand new because the game hasn't actually been played". I didn't buy it but they tried to sell me games in not new condition as new dozens of times. And this isn't it at one store, it happens at all stores. Oh and they tried to slap a big ole clear sticker on the side of it as a seal to show its new.

3- They ship out gutted copies of games in various forms of shape to people who make online purchases. No other business does this with online orders. The standard for online purchases is you get new and sealed copies.

4- Maybe, just maybe this kind of thing could be overlooked if lamestop wasn't such an awful awful company that screws its customers, misleads them, is very very intrusive with its practices, pushes people to buy used and pre order, had terrible prices, where 75% of its sales are just msrp, terrible rewards program, and a dozen other reasons maybe I wouldn't have them so much for this practice.

Its a pity everyone rallies every time they talk about how much they hate gamestop and want them to go away and wont shop with them but soon as a game is actually on sale all those people dissapear and we "Hey my store had one left" and start acting like they are suddenly a good store. Hippocrates.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/361589-duke-nukem-3d-ps4-999-borderlands-gentleman-clap-trap-edition-11900-gs/

So on the retro games page header it says buy 2 games or accessories get 1 free. Is this promo working for anyone right now? I can't seem to get it to activate.

Went as far back as page 3064 and couldn't find the answer.. so does it work on every item in the transaction or just 1. Does it stack with promos?

Willing to pay for answer
No, it basically is just one item per transaction. Ive done multiple transactions, but its YMMV. No pay necessary. :)

And YES, it does stack with promos. Ive done the 50% promo annd used the $5 card as well. Been doing it since it started. (Power Up Rewards card stacks too!)

Are you talking about the GAEMS systems? Some gs also use regular tvs.
sorry for the confusion. i mean i have seen stores that use GAEMS but they are too expensive and bulky for me. I have seen some stores (at least in S CA) use some small 6 inch-ish stand alone monitor and thats the one i want to get :)

I'm not sure about the reddit guy either. He didn't seem douchey enough either, and didn't say anything in any of his posts about stopping people from screwing over GS.
He left me this message on reddit before he deleted the account:

"Neckbeard? Is that you? How has BB been treating ya?"

Yup, got a stack of games that would have gotten me $923 yesterday, $983 today. Since some will get some refurbs, I'll even out anyway. Good thing.

Guys, I need some advice here. I bought Fate/Extella and King of Fighters 14 CEs for $56 and $49.xx. Now GS is offering $27.2 for each game. I don't see GS offering any better price than that in the future, but I hesitate since it seems I'm taking some loss here (although I am left with all the goodies, and I can always buy the games back for

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back