GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
so, all it says is limit 1 coupon per customer, doesnt really say that it cant be used on more than 1 set of 3 games. but you would probably get the cheapest games you bought free.

so, all it says is limit 1 coupon per customer, doesnt really say that it cant be used on more than 1 set of 3 games. but you would probably get the cheapest games you bought free.
It does say "free game" instead of "free game(s)" like the pro day one did. But if they actually programmed it differently is another question entirely.

Nvm then. i thought it would have worked like a buy 2 get one free in store. The cheapest game from each set of three you get free. Gamestop.com gives you the cheapest games free.

Can you only trade three games of each version of a game right? The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is tempting since the trade in value went up. I only traded in one to the store near the best buy but it's risky when the mean manager is there. He'll get suspicious.

wouldn't that be a good flip, then? It's sold new for $29.99. If you trade as you suggested, you get $43.20.
lol yes it is a good boomerang more than Killing Floor lol, i was just quoting someone above who said that bundle couldn't be found in the system, so I linked the page for that bundle

Hrmmm, 3x color splash and 3x killing floor would run me 144 if it applies to more than one set and trade in for 240ish depending on if they give the 5 dollar coupon. Might have to see if my stores have enough in stock to do that.

Hrm and rebuy amazing Spider-Man (1x each platform) and titanfall 2. That'd run another 75 but net another 25 back.

lol yes it is a good boomerang more than Killing Floor lol, i was just quoting someone above who said that bundle couldn't be found in the system, so I linked the page for that bundle
How do they scan it in for the trade though. If you trade in bops3 separately will they scan the first two as the 1-2 combo or 1 and 2 separately?

Went back today to trade in some more stuff and cancelled my pre-order of binding of Isaac for the Switch with no problems. It helps if the guy working behind the counter isn't an a-hole 😁 Sitting on $212 right now, the Switch dream is alive boys. Let's hope they have a few extra units at the midnight launch.

You guys are putting in some hardcore work, I literally did 3 trades for $800+. I started with 400 a month ago, diversified my credit amongst 3 stores and my ending total is $910+. Good to see you all get those boomerangs though!

The system will match the games up by price.
Ok. When there is a buy 2 get one free in store. For example, the system will make a set of three from three games that each cost $19.99 and three other games that cost $9.99 each. The system in this case would give me the $19.99 and $9.99 game free. The buy 2 get one free coupon would just give me the two $9.99 games making the deal bad.

I just renewed my first PUR and have the b2g1 used. Does that apply for multiples in store too? I know it will online but I'm thinking of buying 9 (get 3 free?) and flipping boomeranging them back to GS at another store.
I asked an employee this exact question today. He said a coupon only works on a single transaction. A b2g1 day at gamestop will get what you asked. I didn't know it worked
Online.

I asked an employee this exact question today. He said a coupon only works on a single transaction. A b2g1 day at gamestop will get what you asked. I didn't know it worked
Online.
a single transaction, 6 or 9 games at once is a single transaction. but either way, asking the employee is the mistake here, just bring the games up to the counter, give the coupon at the end and see if you get more than 1 free, if not back off and say you thought you would get more free games and take the extras off.

Quick question. Will the 50% promo apply if you apply your trade in towards an existing pre order of a Switch game/accessory or does it have to be a new pre order? I already did 2 pre orders today at 2 different stores and don't really want to add more unless absolutely necessary. Of course if I could just trade in towards my existing pre orders and still get the 50% promo, that would be ideal.

quick question: does the 50 percent toward switch stuff  if you trade in a new 3ds xl or is it just games that get the bonus 50. thank you for your help if anyone has tried so far.

WHat other items besides killing floor two sell back to GameStop for a profit?
Go to the sheets, click on gamestop games with bonus credit. Anything on that page highlighted in green will net you more credit than you paid if you buy used and have the PUR program. I've bought 20 games today for about $300 and then traded them back to a different gamestop for close to $350. Just put $5 dollars toward a switch product and you'll get the 50% bonus. The sweet spot I found was games marked at $17.09 used and tradeback base credit of $15 or higher. Dirt rally, bayonettea 2 , luigis mansion, ECT. There are a ton of smaller boomerangs that add up with big purchases. Good luck

How do they scan it in for the trade though. If you trade in bops3 separately will they scan the first two as the 1-2 combo or 1 and 2 separately?
I would like to know this as well, seems like they put all three games into one slip case. So will you need a seperate bar code for the 1+2 collection? Because you most likely won't be able to trade it in as 1+2 with the triple pack box. ~starlight~ is the queen of Gamestop trading though, so I'm sure there is a trick to it.

If u don't pay attention & bring in the slipcover for the Collection pack, they'll scan that barcode instead. The tiv for the Collection Pack is neglecting the value of the BO3 so u end up getting only the value of the Combo 1-2 Pack.

The Collection Pack has 2 PS3 game boxes inside instead of 3 PS3 boxes. The 1st PS3 box is the Combo 1-2 Pack. The 2nd PS3 box is simply just BO3 by itself.

So to answer ur question, they can't really scan the 1st 2 games separately coz there's only 1 box lol, and that box is for the 1-2 Combo pack & will scan it as 1-2 Combo pack.

Go to the sheets, click on gamestop games with bonus credit. Anything on that page highlighted in green will net you more credit than you paid if you buy used and have the PUR program. I've bought 20 games today for about $300 and then traded them back to a different gamestop for close to $350. Just put $5 dollars toward a switch product and you'll get the 50% bonus. The sweet spot I found was games marked at $17.09 used and tradeback base credit of $15 or higher. Dirt rally, bayonettea 2 , luigis mansion, ECT. There are a ton of smaller boomerangs that add up with big purchases. Good luck
So I can trade in some games put down $5 on a switch accessory and the 50% bonus apply for trade in credit? I wanted to get a pro controller for the switch but since there isn't any available at the moment I know there is another way but idk.

I would like to know this as well, seems like they put all three games into one slip case. So will you need a seperate bar code for the 1+2 collection? Because you most likely won't be able to trade it in as 1+2 with the triple pack box. ~starlight~ is the queen of Gamestop trading though, so I'm sure there is a trick to it.
lol there's only 2 boxes not 3 boxes inside the Black Ops 1-3 Collection slipcase: the Combo 1-2 Pack box & the BO3 box.

The way they packaged this benefits us as long as u leave the slipcase at home/car XD

Whereas the Borderlands Triple Pack has all 3 games in 1 box so there's only 1 barcode :pouts:

So I can trade in some games put down $5 on a switch accessory and the 50% bonus apply for trade in credit? I wanted to get a pro controller for the switch but since there isn't any available at the moment I know there is another way but idk.
Yes. Put the $5 toward a game or accessory put the rest on card. When it comes in stock at Gamestop buy it then. I got one online a couple weeks back. Subscribing to an online in-stock notifying service helps. Zoolerts has netted me quite a few hard to find items recently.

How long is this going to last? I'm thinking of trading it to different stores. I'm thinking of buying one tomorrow and trading it to another store the same day. Is it going to be suspicious?

Ahh alright sweet. Sorry I'm new to this whole flipping trading thing. they give you a card with the rest of the credit?
No worries. Yes you'll get a card. You have to start flipping/boomeranging sometime. I started getting more involved recently after lurking for years. It's been a positive experience. Good luck.

lol there's only 2 boxes not 3 boxes inside the Black Ops 1-3 Collection slipcase: the Combo 1-2 Pack box & the BO3 box.

The way they packaged this benefits us as long as u leave the slipcase at home/car XD

Whereas the Borderlands Triple Pack has all 3 games in 1 box so there's only 1 barcode :pouts:
Thanks! That's why you are the Queen of Gamestop flipping!

Hmmm, for Borderlands Triple Pack, the three games don't trade for more than a few dollars even if you trade it in separately but the collection is $30 used. There isn't a 1+2 I'm aware of. I mean, you can always trade in the three discs without the case and it wouldn't hurt the tiv.

However, I'm looking at Mass Effect collection, and Mass Effect 1 came with 2 right? At least for the PS3? Both ME2 and 3 are $5 each, if you can find an ME 1 or even need one, and someone steal a case or persuade the employee you don't need one, you can trade it in for around $21 as a collection with the 50%. But that's a super duper stretch though...

Also, Sniper Elite 3 trades in for around $24 after the bonus, but the collector's edition is only $20 new and in stock. So it ends up being an easy boomerang and you get to keep the neat little extras. I noticed that right before a new game sequel comes out (Sniper Elite 4/Gravity Rush 2), the previous games get a huge tiv boost. In fact, SE3 used to be like $6 when I traded it in 2 months ago...

How long is this going to last? I'm thinking of trading it to different stores. I'm thinking of buying one tomorrow and trading it to another store the same day. Is it going to be suspicious?
I've got two gamestops on my way home from work. Today I bought 20 games from one and traded them back 15 minutes later at the next store. Once I did boomerang a game in a single transaction and it was almost too much for the employee to take. They looked at me like I pulled some serious voodoo. Different stores or the same store with different employee throughout the day should be fine.

No worries. Yes you'll get a card. You have to start flipping/boomeranging sometime. I started getting more involved recently after lurking for years. It's been a positive experience. Good luck.
Well then gotta start visiting my swap meet every Sunday lol purchase some games at a much lower price. I noticed that it is now 50% bonus instead of 60. Dang a tad to late but I mean 50% is still good.

I've got two gamestops on my way home from work. Today I bought 20 games from one and traded them back 15 minutes later at the next store. Once I did boomerang a game in a single transaction and it was almost too much for the employee to take. They looked at me like I pulled some serious voodoo. Different stores or the same store with different employee throughout the day should be fine.
Boomeranging in the same transaction can get you Jr Detective'd. Don't do it unless you enjoy someone up your account with a microscope.

Also, anyone noticed these in this Pokemon day email?

G3UAoTq.png

ZLSMXen.png

Not that they are worth shit though, maybe the 1,000 points can be played around with to get multiples.

Idk when the $29.99 sale on that bundle ends, probably Saturday? Coz I don't see it in the weekly ad that runs til Wednesday.

Thanks! That's why you are the Queen of Gamestop flipping!

Hmmm, for Borderlands Triple Pack, the three games don't trade for more than a few dollars even if you trade it in separately but the collection is $30 used. There isn't a 1+2 I'm aware of. I mean, you can always trade in the three discs without the case and it wouldn't hurt the tiv.

However, I'm looking at Mass Effect collection, and Mass Effect 1 came with 2 right? At least for the PS3? Both ME2 and 3 are $5 each, if you can find an ME 1 or even need one, and someone steal a case or persuade the employee you don't need one, you can trade it in for around $21 as a collection with the 50%. But that's a super duper stretch though...

Also, Sniper Elite 3 trades in for around $24 after the bonus, but the collector's edition is only $20 new and in stock. So it ends up being an easy boomerang and you get to keep the neat little extras. I noticed that right before a new game sequel comes out (Sniper Elite 4/Gravity Rush 2), the previous games get a huge tiv boost. In fact, SE3 used to be like $6 when I traded it in 2 months ago...
lol :bow:

Oh noes lol, the :ps3: Borderlands Triple Pack doesn't have any stealth bump right now afaik, was just giving an example of bundles where multiple games are in 1 box and all 3 games are on a single disc too, disc#2 just has the dlcs, so can't separate them into separate games. Though if you're lucky & ur Walmart has the Triple Pack on clearance, then it's $10 at Walmart atm ymmv.

Hmmm afaik, the only way to get :ps3: ME1 on disc was thru the trilogy pack, I don't think it was ever released individually here in the US except on PSN for PS3. ME2 & ME3 were individually disc releases on PS3 here in the US coz ME1 was originally a Microsoft title?.... nooooowww in Europe, the PS3 Mass Effect Trilogy has 3 game boxes in it, 1 for each game (like how the Resistance Collection was done here in the US), but for whatever reason, the US ME Trilogy was released as 1 of those folded boxes with 1 game disc on each panel.

Awww wish the Sniper Elite III Collector's Edition was in stock around here, the extra stuff would be awesome to get lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back