GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to control myself. I want to trade in games that I haven't even played and take advantage of the bonus. I would be making good trade in credit off them.
Recently the only games I've been boomerranging are ones I've not played getting close to (40 titles). Just keep making money off them until the deals end and then go back to get what you want. The caveat would be if you originally paid for them in cash. That would cause me to reconsider.

Got a Yoshi Woolly World + Amiibo and Mario Party 10 + Amiibo ordered at my local Wal-Mart.  Thanks guys.

EDIT:

Looks like they were out of MP 10.  Dangit.  Oh well, Yoshi it is.  

I use a drivers license and a state id. The first account I get the magazine delivered to me, the second one I get the digital so they don't need to enter my address at the time I make the account. The only connection between both of them, besides my name, is that the cell phone number for my primary account is tied to my gmail address that I get the digital magazine sent to in my dummy account. I don't think they're able to see that though.
I see, I was also contemplating signing up digitally for the game informer magazine to reduce tracing and clutter.

So, the drivers license for your primary acct and state ID for your secondary? If so, do both id cards have different numbers?

I'm afraid I only have a US passport in addition to my drivers license (which I use for my primary and trades). I'm hoping to be able to trade today on a new acct using my passport, thus bypassing my trade ban. Looking find the quickest and easiest way to create an alternate acct while keeping as low on the radar as posible. I believe we can all benefit from this info one day.

FYI I didn't update the sheets this morning because nothing seemed to change when I pulled the data. However I will need to do it tomorrow with the BB 30% bonus.

These locations have copies of 1-2 Switch in now

Panola Centre,3054 PANOLA RD STE B,LITHONIA GA 30038
Oak Park Mall,11775 W 95TH ST,Overland Park KS 66214
Veterans Starbucks,2705 Veterans Memorial Blvd STE B,Kenner LA 70062

Oh some stores got BOW already. Pulling...
Actually it is the same three stores above.
No ME or SE seen yet

Grabbed a clearance copy of FIFA 16 for Xbox 360 from Target this morning for $7.54 and got $16 in trade credit for it at GameStop with the Switch game promo.  I also got rid of my last Fire Emblem Fates Conquest for 3DS from Best Buy and got $36 for that one.  Happy hunting!

Think I need to go dump another $150 or so worth of games. Can you preorder stuff like Fire Emblem Warriors even though it's just got a placeholder release date?

Anyone who has the :ps3: CoD Black Ops Collection 1-3, don't trade it w/that slipcover in for $24. Trade the Combo 1-2 Pack in for $16.5+7.5=$24 and trade III in for $13.2+6=$19.20 after the 50% bonus...the barcode w/all 3 games is still neglecting the trade in value of BO3 btw, so u get $43.2 trading in separately instead of $24
Picked up a copy of the :ps3: CoD Black Ops Collection 1-3. After taking off the slip cover, the two separate cases (combo pack 1-2 and black ops 3) both have "not for resale" where the barcode is supposed to be. Anyone have any experience with trading in something like this at Gamestop? As a consumer of preowned games myself I would rather not trade the games in without the artwork if possible, but also don't want to get rejected/draw any unwanted attention to myself. Nothing is written on the discs so the artwork is the only thing that says "not for resale".Got rejected when I tried to trade in Uncharted 4 with the same "not for resale" situation at Best Buy.

I just came back from trading in the black ops collection that had the no resale tag. Had no problem, the clerk just looked up the trade value

Two q's for anyone who knows

(1) My wife renewed my PUP membership when she preordered the Switch. But, I didn't get any points for the Switch purchase even though we paid in full. Will I get points when we pick it up?

(2) When does the 50% extra on Switch preorders promo end and what's the best way to use it?

I just came back from trading in the black ops collection that had the no resale tag. Had no problem, the clerk just looked up the trade value
Did they give you the trade value for the 1-2 collection or 1 and 2 separately. That's what I'm worried about with the no resale on the back.

So I've been slackin on my trade-ins and apparently that worked out for me cause of price bumps. 

I just need to make a work sheet so I can itemize what I'm getting rid of. 

Now the debate on whether or not I should get rid of majority of the 3DS collection.

So I've been slackin on my trade-ins and apparently that worked out for me cause of price bumps.

I just need to make a work sheet so I can itemize what I'm getting rid of.

Now the debate on whether or not I should get rid of majority of the 3DS collection.
I've been culling it down myself. I've played through so many of these games before and it's not like I will ever have the time to do it again. Too many great games keep coming out and 2017 looks to be one of the best(and worst for time) years in a while.

Where can we get this $5 dollar trade in card?  I see one on the front page but aren't they tied in by codes to your account?

I'm off to my local store to get a captain toad amiibo bundle. I missed the Yoshi amiibo bundle. I'm going to try and see if I can get it. Thanks guys.

Recently the only games I've been boomerranging are ones I've not played getting close to (40 titles). Just keep making money off them until the deals end and then go back to get what you want. The caveat would be if you originally paid for them in cash. That would cause me to reconsider.
I used trade in credit for one game. I would only make $2 in trade in value. The other one I paid with cash and would make $8 in trade in value. I might just get keep them and just flip the CoD bundle.

God I feel great right now. Spent 5 bucks for a copy of Mario party 8 at goodwill (30ish bucks after bonus) spent 250 in credit at one GameStop walked three blocks and turned that all into 486.20 after 5 dollar deposit PLUS my pro points. God damn my d is rock hard

Bummer that the retro games I traded didn't get the Switch bump, but I made out okay. Had the family in tow and a tight schedule so I couldn't boomerang.

God I feel great right now. Spent 5 bucks for a copy of Mario party 8 at goodwill (30ish bucks after bonus) spent 250 in credit at one GameStop walked three blocks and turned that all into 486.20 after 5 dollar deposit PLUS my pro points. God damn my d is rock hard
sex is way overrated. GS free money FTW!

I think I'm going to trade in the games I already had and wait till tomorrow to use my b2g1 in case there are some decent flips to Best Buy. Ugh could really use all that credit I had right about now.

The extra 50% toward a switch game/accessory is valid tomorrow too right?  I've got an emergency I have to attend to but I have a tote bag full of games to flip.

Got lucky and my local GS had 9 of the "higher" boomerangs. Bought them with the trade card (gosh I wish we still were not taxed here in Texas) and literally drove down the road and traded them right back in for a nice little bump credit. I plan to go in tomorrow to the store I traded them in to, buy them back, and trade them into another GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back