GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
These locations have copies of 1-2 Switch in now

Panola Centre,3054 PANOLA RD STE B,LITHONIA GA 30038
Oak Park Mall,11775 W 95TH ST,Overland Park KS 66214
Veterans Starbucks,2705 Veterans Memorial Blvd STE B,Kenner LA 70062

Oh some stores got BOW already. Pulling...
Actually it is the same three stores above.
No ME or SE seen yet
Oh hey, one of those is actually my store. I wonder if they'll sell a copy now. Doubtful, but it would be neat.

Just a general notice, if you bought paper mario sticker star like I did ages ago for like $5 it's trading in for ~20 with the 60% bump.

God I feel great right now. Spent 5 bucks for a copy of Mario party 8 at goodwill (30ish bucks after bonus) spent 250 in credit at one GameStop walked three blocks and turned that all into 486.20 after 5 dollar deposit PLUS my pro points. God damn my d is rock hard
Is the b2g1 30% off going on or something? Most games only net like $6-$7 at most, and many of them cost at least $20, so I'm not quite sure how you managed to boomerang and get almost twice the amount you invested... According to BB's spreadsheet, Killing Floor 2 has the highest boomerang value, and even if you bought ($250/$20.69) = 12 copies, and you proceeded to boomerang them, then you would only get back $336. What you wrote doesn't check out.

Best Buy I was passing through today had several of the bigger flips, no Spiderman though despite it showing available for pickup on the website. Oh well, should be a nice profit tomorrow when I'm back home.

Is the b2g1 30% off going on or something? Most games only net like $6-$7 at most, and many of them cost at least $20, so I'm not quite sure how you managed to boomerang and get almost twice the amount you invested... According to BB's spreadsheet, Killing Floor 2 has the highest boomerang value, and even if you bought ($250/$20.69) = 12 copies, and you proceeded to boomerang them, then you would only get back $336. What you wrote doesn't check out.
I wrote this a bit upthread but I had my b2g1 from PUR. Bought 18? Games only paid for 12 (250 worth). Plus I traded in a personal copy of halo MCC , and the goodwill game that made me 25.

Best Buy I was passing through today had several of the bigger flips, no Spiderman though despite it showing available for pickup on the website. Oh well, should be a nice profit tomorrow when I'm back home.
Same thing at my Best Buy but the guy told me they are in the back and they just never brought them out to put on shelf. Guessing it's the same thing at yours.

wow b2g1 coupon works on more than 3 games? Killer deal
Yeah I had to ask about it a few times earlier people disagreed at first. Kind wish I had gone for more but I picked through all their games took a solid 20 minutes and they were pretty busy as it was tax day and all the people were spending refunds. 18 was a pain as is. I might go back rebuy my games tomorrow with my gfs b2g1 and reflip back to my original store.

God I feel great right now. Spent 5 bucks for a copy of Mario party 8 at goodwill (30ish bucks after bonus) spent 250 in credit at one GameStop walked three blocks and turned that all into 486.20 after 5 dollar deposit PLUS my pro points. God damn my d is rock hard
Pro tip, don't were sweat pants and flip.

Oh you flip in nyc? stay away from the 14th street store, manager is an asshole.
Yeah, work in midtown live in BK. Do most of my flipping in BK everyone here's actually been pretty cool. I had two copies of bloodborne and two tomodachi life told the dude steaight out I had dupes he said "oh no problem you'll get credit for both". Reminded me of the switch bonus trade in, was cool with only 5 bucks on the 1-2 switch pre order. You have a switch pre order by chance? I'm kicking myself for not pre ordering there I have so much credit and my fucking consoles at Best Buy and I HATE Atlantic center. God fuck that location.

Is the $1500 trade limit per month or per three months? I've never been worried about hitting it, until this weekend before the Switch release.

If you guys have any target credit, I assume you can price match the black ops bundle there to gamestops $30 price and then take it to gamestop.
The Black Ops bundle might already be $29.99 in store. I remember scanning it last week when I was checking random value games to see if they had hit clearance.

Can confirm for those who don't know and still wondering. Gamestop is now giving 50% instead of the 60% apart from the 10% having PUR for the bonus. You can just finish paying an accessory which mine came out to 3 bucks and the rest went to my switch pre order. I received 80 in total instead of 50 so I got 30 extra with the bonus. Need for speed rivals is a good flip for bieng a 3 year old game. An Xbox one controller is a good flip it's like buying a new one when it's on sale. I tried getting the amazing spiderman 2 at BB but supposibly they didn't have any when online it says for pick up. So yeah that was my first trade in/flip experience.

Can confirm for those who don't know and still wondering. Gamestop is now giving 50% instead of the 60% apart from the 10% having PUR for the bonus. You can just finish paying an accessory which mine came out to 3 bucks and the rest went to my switch pre order. I received 80 in total instead of 50 so I got 30 extra with the bonus. Need for speed rivals is a good flip for bieng a 3 year old game. An Xbox one controller is a good flip it's like buying a new one when it's on sale. I tried getting the amazing spiderman 2 at BB but supposibly they didn't have any when online it says for pick up. So yeah that was my first trade in/flip experience.
It has always been 50% bonus and 10% with pur for a total of 60% and is still that way

As a tip, you should be aware that the value games are sprawled all over the gaming section. For example at my store all of the GS flips were actually on one of those small cardboard displays. So be sure to check out not only the gaming shelves and value sections, but you'll need to be sure you check the end caps and any floor displays.

Picked up a copy of the :ps3:CoD Black Ops Collection 1-3. After taking off the slip cover, the two separate cases (combo pack 1-2 and black ops 3) both have "not for resale" where the barcode is supposed to be. Anyone have any experience with trading in something like this at Gamestop? As a consumer of preowned games myself I would rather not trade the games in without the artwork if possible, but also don't want to get rejected/draw any unwanted attention to myself. Nothing is written on the discs so the artwork is the only thing that says "not for resale".Got rejected when I tried to trade in Uncharted 4 with the same "not for resale" situation at Best Buy.
Best Buy tends to be more anal about those things. With GS, they just look up the value.

If you guys have any target credit, I assume you can price match the black ops bundle there to gamestops $30 price and then take it to gamestop.
Think the cheapest atm is Walmart at $29.49 coz Target is $29.99 same as GS.

Hmm so tempted to go all out and get a ps4 pro cheap. I have enough points to get $50 off coupon. I know i am close to the trade threshold but it is tempting as i already have my switch and zelda masters paid off.

Have $250 in trade credit. Top 3 games I should scoop up to trade in?
I turned $502 to $953 today. I unloaded some games that I've yet to play and I bought for less than the Trade price. I went to 1 GameStop about 7 miles away and bought about 25 games off the spreadsheet. I checked them out first so I knew this store had much in stock. Then drive back towards my house and released the Kraken on one of my 3 closest stores.

I paid off the Has been heroes game and paid off the Bomberman game, bought a $20 Pokémon card pack and a $7 Mario Uno game for the kids. Picked up a BK gift card and headed out with my $953 worth of credit.

Took about 1 hour and 45mins.

Now I wait to see if any higher ups actually see me as suspicious.

I also helped a lady buy an Xbox1 and a controller for her son. She used my account and paid with her credit card so my account looks like I spent over $300 in real money.

Oh I bought the WiiU and Mario Kart8 she was trading in for $95 cash. Flipped MK8 and now have a WiiU for about the cost of an NES classic.

Cue Ice Cube " it was a good day" track.

Edit, it gets even better. Just opened the mail and I see that the IRS has confirmed that I owe them $0 from 2015.

Hey guys, just wanted to give you an update on the next Nintendo Switch trade promotion. It's similar to the current one, but will be 40% bonus/50% with PUR Pro.

So from 2/27 to 3/19, get 40% bonus credit (50% with Pro) for game/accessory trades towards the preorder/purchase of Nintendo Switch games/accessories.

Hey guys, just wanted to give you an update on the next Nintendo Switch trade promotion. It's similar to the current one, but will be 40% bonus/50% with PUR Pro.

So from 2/27 to 3/19, get 40% bonus credit (50% with Pro) for game/accessory trades towards the preorder/purchase of Nintendo Switch games/accessories.
So you are saying don't bother picking up or paying off any of our switch preorder stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back