GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody dealt with gamestop customer service? The guy who took my trades didn't give me my 50% bonus and I called the store to ask if they could fix it there which was a no go and told me to call CS. Is it even worth calling? Is there even a chance if I call that they can give me the 50% bonus?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

What is the best strategy for PUR points. I'm guessing it's the coupons for credit. I heard it's best to stack the decreasing value coupons for big purchases. 50+25+15+5 or something like that. Is there a time that is best to do this? Cyber Monday or just when I want a big purchase?

What is the best strategy for PUR points. I'm guessing it's the coupons for credit. I heard it's best to stack the decreasing value coupons for big purchases. 50+25+15+5 or something like that. Is there a time that is best to do this? Cyber Monday or just when I want a big purchase?
Best time to use them is cyber monday, assuming they do the 50% off coupons like they did the past two years.

Whats the consensus on using a B2G1 coupon from another PUR account?

From what I remember, accounts were getting banned when using $ off coupons from other accounts. Just wanted some clarification.
Ik this is a really old post, but just catching up...I used a pur day 50% bump coupon from a friend's account on mine in January and I was fine yesterday.

Has anybody dealt with gamestop customer service? The guy who took my trades didn't give me my 50% bonus and I called the store to ask if they could fix it there which was a no go and told me to call CS. Is it even worth calling? Is there even a chance if I call that they can give me the 50% bonus?

Never walk into a store without knowing what in the fuck you're doing. That's my advice.

The bonus is automatic within the POS when done correctly and has nothing to go with the guy 'giving it to you'

what did you get? if you didn't preorder official Nintendo switch accessory or game. you won't get the boost. trade is done, you agreed on the trade, there is no taking back or boost. just take it as a lesson and read the screen next time.

You should always walk in having a good idea of how much you should be getting back. Did you not preorder a switch game or accessory? You needed to do that to get the bonus.

Just realized i gotta chill before i hit the 2000 mark.

Paid off switch, each launch game, two joy con and a pro controller, the ac adaptor, horizon, mvc3, and still sitting on 200 in credit.

That hunded g in points is what kept me going though.

B2G1 only works in store right? you must be pretty lucky to have 3 decent smart phones in one store
actually they used to sell ipads and ipods in stores but i dont think i have seen any of them in a long time.
Yeah the coupon is in store only. We have a few gamestops within a short drive, and between the 5 stores there are usually 3 phones. My local store's manager is nice enough to have stuff sent from other stores as long as there aren't any in the immediate area. He last time I bulk moved credit was during the B2G1 during the holidays and just ordered online.

Is there a trade in limit? because I want to trade games in today towards Lego city for the switch. Also am I allowed to cancel the travel case and the joy con charging grip. My Girlfriend and I realize how pointless the charging grip is.

Excellent.

Out of curiosity, do those of you in this thread have another way of converting your hundreds of dollars in credits to cash, or do you just eventually end up spending it on games to play?
buy boomerangable stuff from electronics category during b2g1 preowned & trade them back in & opt for cash. Electronic trade in values are the same regardless if u credit & cash, just credit bonuses don't apply to cash

That sale is loonngggg over with. There was stuff like PS4 Sleeping Dogs and Terraria that I essentially paid $7 for and traded in for $19.20
Wish I had held onto some of those games instead of trading in everything that time. Would've gotten more $ if we waited =/

Ok. I know I know, this may be a rookie question, but I think im going to try my first game stop to game stop flip today. Go to one gamestop, use my gift card to buy a bunch of games, then go the the other game stop a few minutes away and sell them there. Any red flags that may come up I should look out for?
No unless you get a jr detective. As long as they don't look at your trade history you're golden. Make sure to desticker all boxes though in case that's not obvious.
Also scout out the store before going in, jk XD as long as none of the employees from the 1st store decide to go visit the 2nd store to drop off store stuff or whatever, since they are minutes a way from each other rofl...

Make my own cod ps3 combo UPC code . It did the trick. My store seem really caution on these combo disc trade.manager who stand next to my associate double check that my game are unsealed. Won't accept screenshop $5 bonus and yesterday said that they have a box of these bonus card in the back.
lol @ box of those bonus cards, wasn't Sunday the last day? Maybe they'll extend it again since some stores still have so many cards left O.O

Had no luck with The Witcher DLC Gwent Pack =( they trashed all of them beginning of the year at the one I checked with.

Funny when the GS employee mentions CAG to check out deals from other stores though LOL

Is the extra $50 bonus trade-in for Xbox One and PS4 over?  I can't find anything on that.  Sorry if this has been asked multiple times and I've missed it.

Is the extra $50 bonus trade-in for Xbox One and PS4 over? I can't find anything on that. Sorry if this has been asked multiple times and I've missed it.
It still shows up for me via the trade in offer page that opens up through the app but it shows it expired yesterday on 2/26/17.

Is the extra $50 bonus trade-in for Xbox One and PS4 over? I can't find anything on that. Sorry if this has been asked multiple times and I've missed it.
Also curious on this. Sometimes the superthreads make info pretty hard to find.

Also interested in if the 40% Switch preorder bump applies to consoles. I have a 1TB Xbox One that I'm looking to dump.

Also curious on this. Sometimes the superthreads make info pretty hard to find.

Also interested in if the 40% Switch preorder bump applies to consoles. I have a 1TB Xbox One that I'm looking to dump.
No, the 40%/50% towards preordering a switch game or accessory does not apply to consoles, they were doing an extra 50 dollars for ps4 and xboxones for like the last month which ended yesterday, this would be why you do not procrastinate when it comes to trade in deals, because they eventually end and in all actuality gamestop technically reserves right to cancel trade bump promos at anytime so when you see a promo and want to trade something in for it, dont wait, do it.

Every time a new trade promo starts I'm going to answer questions and put them in the wiki post on page 1. That way there will be no page crawling to find answers and if anyone asks redundant questions we can just point them to the wiki post.

Every time a new trade promo starts I'm going to answer questions and put them in the wiki post on page 1. That way there will be no page crawling to find answers and if anyone asks redundant questions we can just point them to the wiki post.
ud still have people asking stupid questions tho, i mean blackbeard put a huge gigantic sig with the spreedsheet and people still ask for it.

Traded in a bunch yesterday couldn't beat $27.20 for GTA IV Complete, $48 for CoD IW, $32 for Dead Rising 4, $19.20 for Ratchet and Clank among others. Traded in a pair of PS1's, the first time they've tested anything retro that I've traded in. 

Wish I could of seen Sleeping Dogs DE and Bloodborne TIV before I went would of traded that in too.

Hey Blackbeard, can we get an update to the sheets to reflect the new 40/50% promo? And is it possible to get stuff that's within 10% of trade value in like orange that way with the b2g1 promo you know what's still profitable? The last request I can do myself just not mobiley

Hey Blackbeard, can we get an update to the sheets to reflect the new 40/50% promo? And is it possible to get stuff that's within 10% of trade value in like orange that way with the b2g1 promo you know what's still profitable? The last request I can do myself just not mobiley
Just woke up.... need coffee....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back