GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Gamestop would add Bomberman R for Switch to their trade list. BB is taking it for 25, 27.50 with GCU and I want to dump this thing quickly, Just don't want to wind up screwed if Gamestop starts at 25 too since I could just put it towards a different Switch game.
It's $22 base

Unless it is a an inventory error somehow I am assuming the are canceled / not picked up pre-orders. Whether you can get the employee to sell it to you instead of them selling it on eBay / Craigslist is another story.

Unless it is a an inventory error somehow I am assuming the are canceled / not picked up pre-orders. Whether you can get the employee to sell it to you instead of them selling it on eBay / Craigslist is another story.
This is why I treat my local GameStop employees like I do. I keep it as classy as they do.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What's funny is every Walmart around here has multiple switches just sitting on the shelf but GameStop doesn't have anything. Oh and don't forget the craigslist crew trying to sell for $400+. Damn this gamestop credit, a gift and a curse.

i paid fully for a pro controller but couldn't make it in over the weekend, i'm going in tonight... what are the odds they still have it?  lol i'm guessing theres a 10% chance it will be there.  it sucks that they treat fully paid off preorders the same as preorders with no money or $5 down on it.

- checked the sheet, the store isn't listed as having any in stock anymore lol  oh well my fault I guess.

What's funny is every Walmart around here has multiple switches just sitting on the shelf but GameStop doesn't have anything. Oh and don't forget the craigslist crew trying to sell for $400+. Damn this gamestop credit, a gift and a curse.
Artificial scarcity at launch is a common GameStop tactic to drive up demand for future preorders. They'll have more in stock next week for sure.

Artificial scarcity at launch is a common GameStop tactic to drive up demand for future preorders. They'll have more in stock next week for sure.
Gamestop likes increasing the rarity of their exclusive items. I want to get UMvC3 PS4 but I'm saving my trade in credit for a PS4 Pro. XCX Brand New is tempting too.

Do you have a 4ktv, preferably with HDR? If not the PS4 pro might not be worth the investment.
I believe UMVC 3 disc for :ps4: :xb1: is a GS exclusive. I preordered mine even though I heard the netcode is still shit. Regardless, as an exclusive it may be hard to come by later.

Returns. Might have messed up and not marked it as defective so it shows up as instock till they move it.

I was in a store tonight and the ASL was talking about how she is looking forward to GR Wildlands because she really likes first person shooters...

I was in a store tonight and the ASL was talking about how she is looking forward to GR Wildlands because she really likes first person shooters...
Were you like...

9f97f7502ecc5767b455e9ecc3978da0fe9bb10d351931c98569e7af8fd82920.jpg

I decided to play Jr. Detective myself and found an ebay seller that sold a launch switch from my area for $380. Only other items they sold or are selling are NES Classics and gamestop clearance items. I'm trying to decide if I'm petty enough to buy a $3 Yokai Watch Plush from him to see if its my local Gamestop's Store Manager.

I decided to play Jr. Detective myself and found an ebay seller that sold a launch switch from my area for $380. Only other items they sold or are selling are NES Classics and gamestop clearance items. I'm trying to decide if I'm petty enough to buy a $3 Yokai Watch Plush from him to see if its my local Gamestop's Store Manager.
Do it and burn him.

Burn him to ashes!!

If I pick up my Bomberman pre-order from one Gamestop, can I return it to another store in a week?  Really wanting to grab MVC3 instead, but wanted to get the rest of my trade bump when I pick up Bomberman.

Doesn't it kinda go into first person view when you aim down the sights, by default.
But you can switch to 3rd person view for that.

Yeah, she's still wrong.

If I pick up my Bomberman pre-order from one Gamestop, can I return it to another store in a week? Really wanting to grab MVC3 instead, but wanted to get the rest of my trade bump when I pick up Bomberman.
I went to GameStop last night to buy a PSN card and saw 5 factory sealed copies of UMVC for Xbox One on the counter. I don't know how many they had, but I might pick up an extra copy when I get my preorders (one for PS4 and one for Xbox One). Somehow I don't think there will be as many copies available as they had for Song of the Deep.

Do it!! Do it!! Do it!!

Hey blackbeard, not sure if you mentioned this already but do you know how many copies of breath of the wild are out there for wii u compared to the switch? Just curious if you happen to know.

tumblr_noys8mkgT11s0my1wo1_250.gif

I need to go pick up my pre ordered mvc 3 today , I didn't get a pick up call or I would of grabbed it last night. Have they changed policy and not do pick up calls anymore?

So, since I can't get a Switch from Gamestop, I tried trading in my credits for Gas Cards (to justify buying a switch outside of Gamestop) and they wont ring up. 

Were they always like that or is this something new?  I had the Gamestop employees tell me my trade credits would work with gas cards and surprise, they don't.  Any worthwhile gift cards that I can get by using my Gamestop trade credit?

Thanks.

I need to go pick up my pre ordered mvc 3 today , I didn't get a pick up call or I would of grabbed it last night. Have they changed policy and not do pick up calls anymore?
seems like a few years ago they went to a text message service for alerts, then they just stopped all together

Wonder if the sheets are updated, for Switch consoles.
Seems like there's a lot more stores with stock, than last night.
When Blackbeard mentioned it.

Edit-Nevermind

You do know,that you are in a videogame forum spewing that trash right?

If not, you're in a videogame spewing that trash fool.

Tell him that, then let me know how it work out for ya

attachicon.gif
large.jpg
I'm a navy seal and a pretty cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything.

I'm trained in gorilla warfare and have 213 confirmed kills over seas against the Tallyban. I've personally met Al Queda and beat him senseless with the heel of my navy boot a time or two. I eat guys like this for breakfast.

I'm a ghost - a merciless ghost that floats on by and leaves destruction in my wake. Cena will never see me.

I'm a navy seal and a pretty cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything.

I'm trained in gorilla warfare and have 213 confirmed kills over seas against the Tallyban. I've personally met Al Queda and beat him senseless with the heel of my navy boot a time or two. I eat guys like this for breakfast.

I'm a ghost - a merciless ghost that floats on by and leaves destruction in my wake. Cena will never see me.
Well.... shit! Id vote for you for president

Edit: Cena is also a marine.... but only in the movies

So, since I can't get a Switch from Gamestop, I tried trading in my credits for Gas Cards (to justify buying a switch outside of Gamestop) and they wont ring up.

Were they always like that or is this something new? I had the Gamestop employees tell me my trade credits would work with gas cards and surprise, they don't. Any worthwhile gift cards that I can get by using my Gamestop trade credit?

Thanks.
if i was you, im not, but if i was, i would load up on taco bell gift cards and start an uber taco deliver service. the demand is real.

Hey blackbeard, not sure if you mentioned this already but do you know how many copies of breath of the wild are out there for wii u compared to the switch? Just curious if you happen to know.
Once again these are ballpark estimates.

Switch Version

Preowned:

In Stock: 0
Low Stock: 0
No Stock: 300
Sample Range: 0 - 0
National Range: 0 - 0
National Estimation: 0

New:

New In Stock: 293
New Low Stock: 7
New No Stock: 0