GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
NCAA 14 would like a word with you.
Not even comparable. Umvc3 on ps3/360/vita only got up to $30 or so when the game was delisted. There's no reason to expect a huge price jump or demand for this disc unless the digital version gets delisted.

Did the NCAA games ever even get released digitally ever?

Not even comparable. Umvc3 on ps3/360/vita only got up to $30 or so when the game was delisted. There's no reason to expect a huge price jump or demand for this disc unless the digital version gets delisted.

Did the NCAA games ever even get released digitally ever?
I have NCAA 14 digitally, I bought it like 1-2 years ago

Does anyone know  if when returning an item paid partially with a credit card, do I need the actual credit card? Someone helped me buy something but a small portion of it was paid with the card, I can't remember if they require you to swipe the card into the reader for the return.

Anyone else have every item in a 20 mile area removed from the hold in system online which the store actually has in stock?

Does anyone know if when returning an item paid partially with a credit card, do I need the actual credit card? Someone helped me buy something but a small portion of it was paid with the card, I can't remember if they require you to swipe the card into the reader for the return.
Pretty sure you need to have the card, otherwise your refund will all go to gc/trade credit

Blackbeard, not a GameStop related question, but I have a spreadsheet with all my best buy/eBay/etc. gift card pins/numbers. Is there a way to secure spreadsheets themselves or is the 2-step verification for Gmail sufficient. I only ask cuz I know you mentioned something about somebody trying to screw with the flip spreadsheet and you use Google sheets, which is what I use to store my gift cards under my Gmail account.

Blackbeard, not a GameStop related question, but I have a spreadsheet with all my best buy/eBay/etc. gift card pins/numbers. Is there a way to secure spreadsheets themselves or is the 2-step verification for Gmail sufficient. I only ask cuz I know you mentioned something about somebody trying to screw with the flip spreadsheet and you use Google sheets, which is what I use to store my gift cards under my Gmail account.
2 step verification should be good enough. It can be overcome but someone would need to put a hell of a lot of effort to do so.

Gamestop should seriously consider adding a 50% bonus trade in coupon to their PUR Renewal bonuses. I think I would even prefer a 50% bonus coupon over a B2G1 coupon.

Or perhaps they could add a 50% bonus coupon to their rewards catalog.
Wouldn't make sense, if you just enrolled in PUR, they want you to entice you to buy games from them, not trade in your existing inventory. I agree with the coupon in the rewards catalog, would be nice.

Use the Gyft app. A lot easier IMO and gives a barcode that they can scan. You can refresh to automatically update balances too.

Use the Gyft app. A lot easier IMO and gives a barcode that they can scan. You can refresh to automatically update balances too.
I wouldn't trust Gyft. I bought a few gift cards through the app, then one day I get locked out for no reason. I couldn't even access it through their website and the support was of no help. So I can't even access the gift cards I bought through it. Now I always have a copy of the gift cards code I buy online, just in case something like this happens again.

I wouldn't trust Gyft. I bought a few gift cards through the app, then one day I get locked out for no reason. I couldn't even access it through their website and the support was of no help. So I can't even access the gift cards I bought through it. Now I always have a copy of the gift cards code I buy online, just in case something like this happens again.
I avoid buying Gamestop GC's but I use Gyft a lot. I don't use Gyft to buy anything, but just to store the info from either physical cards I buy and stick in a drawer or email gift card codes that I keep in a special folder in my email. That way I have a backup if Gyft messes up (which it hasn't so far). I'm glad you mentioned your experience since I was considering buying through Gyft and will be cautious about it if I ever do.

I didn't know Gyft got hacked, thanks.

I'll still use them though. I only store GCs there and I still keep the physical card until I spend it all. It is very convenient for me.

How do online preorders work if the price changes? I know if you preorder something in store and the price gets raised by launch, you have to pay the difference when you pick it up. But what about online? I ask because the developers of Rime recently announced that the game would cost $40 for the Switch and $30 for the other platforms, but GS still has the Switch price listed at $30

How do online preorders work if the price changes? I know if you preorder something in store and the price gets raised by launch, you have to pay the difference when you pick it up. But what about online? I ask because the developers of Rime recently announced that the game would cost $40 for the Switch and $30 for the other platforms, but GS still has the Switch price listed at $30
You might have the $30 price all locked in, but I'm not 100% sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if they email you with a $10 balance remaining on an invoice.

If I were to trade in stuff for the extra 40% towards Switch stuff, would I be getting the trade values on their site on top of the 40% extra?  Like I think Smash Bros U has a $20 value on their site, so that would mean I'd get $28 total?

Anyone else not able to order rewards? Am I in trouble? I just traded in and got the 50% bonus for Mario kart..

Too bad that shit isnt compatable on XB1 id buy it for 20.
200.gif

:p

Finally got my trade credit back. They put it on my PUR card but I'll move it to a trade card next flipping opportunity.

Whoever mentioned going to a store to get the problem fixed was correct. I was finally told this on my 6th call to customer service. In store took about 45 minutes or so, they were on hold for like 35.

Not sure why this is so complicated for some people. It's pretty self explanatory and straight forward. This thread would probably lose a third of its posts if we removed all the ones asking how promotions work.

If you paid online you're good to go

As a Clippers fan you're probably used to a lot of crying.
Not at all. I love watching the boys play. The only thing that gets me a little is that I'm living in Atlanta now and can't watch them live 10 or so times a season. Anyway, nice deflection of the fact that you're adding to the problem by complaining about it with a post that isn't on topic.

Man... I was thinking about trading in RE7, but I may keep it and get all of the DLC. Anyone recommend that?

I know this probably has been asked before so I apologize in advance. How Many of the same game copies can you trade in at gamestop?

Not at all. I love watching the boys play. The only thing that gets me a little is that I'm living in Atlanta now and can't watch them live 10 or so times a season. Anyway, nice deflection of the fact that you're adding to the problem by complaining about it with a post that isn't on topic.

Man... I was thinking about trading in RE7, but I may keep it and get all of the DLC. Anyone recommend that?
Why not wait for Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition? Coming soon lol

Wonder when used copies of Zelda will start showing up. I was leaning towards picking it up new but if a used copy came up be even better using a $25 used cert on it.

Wonder when used copies of Zelda will start showing up. I was leaning towards picking it up new but if a used copy came up be even better using a $25 used cert on it.
Soonish? I saw a dude trade in a copy of horizon yesterday. Was tempted to buy it but I don't know if it's worth 25 to me if I use a 25 dollar pre owned coupon. Hrm.

Really thought yesterday they would of had them up but they seemed to be still working on the Switch section of site as of yesterday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Really thought yesterday they would of had them up but they seemed to be still working on the Switch section of site as of yesterday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I think I'll wait it out, I'm not super eager to play it like most. I have way to much to play right now, need to finish Horizon: Zero Dawn, and Halo Wars 2 before Mass Effect.

wait 1 week for email response on missing item and gamestop give me this hahahaha

Dear

Thank you for contacting GameStop, we apologize for the delay in the response, if you still have issues or concerns, please give us a call at 1-800-883-8895, If your concerns has been solved already, please ignore this email.

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Care, and I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Best Regards.

David V.
C10119
GameStop Customer Care.

One gamestop in my state finally restocked on switches but its a 3 hour drive. It'll probably be sold by the time I got there even if i wanted to drive that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back