GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
If its a disc the rejection likelihiid is high
I'm thinking you're high to forget the Switch uses carts. ;)

Then again, I've received more than a few JPN-version Vita games from GS.com orders, so anything's possible. Those at least have JPN in the part number on the Vita cart label, so there's more than a few ways you can miss that. :wall:

Question, can you trade in a PS3 without a controller?
simple answer no, though technically yes u can, but they will deduct the cost of a pre-owned ps3 controller from their in-store inventory off your trade in credit -_-

Anyone know if you trade a game in how quickly it'll come back out? My store has horizon, I wouldn't mind trading Zelda in and rebuying with my b2g1 used for a cheap horizon and second game.
depends on pawn shop laws in that area, it's 14 days in my area -_-

No you noob there is a promo code tied to the trade.
And thats the round.....

Switch Promo gave me the extra 40% plus pur plus coupon.

If you dont know what the coupon is please do not ask because i will jump through your screen and slap you with a shoe.

Edit: just kidding about the shoe, or am I?

Okay you arent getting it. Promo # is on the receipt. Thats what im asking for. I want to compare to whats on my bomberman trade. That clear enough now for fucks sake?

Basically a way to get GCU discount on a future switch game like Mario kart or Splatoon while building some pur points if you buy botw with GCU and flip it to GameStop.

Just traded Zelda BotW for Switch and got $52.50 with the bump (Promo #19384). Not sure why it didn't work for the guy who traded Super Bomberman R towards Xenoblade 2. Maybe it has to do with Switch stuff being filed under NES, and how some retro games don't get the bump

Just make a "Switch" category GameStop, you've only had months to prepare...

Just traded Zelda BotW for Switch and got $52.50 with the bump (Promo #19384). Not sure why it didn't work for the guy who traded Super Bomberman R towards Xenoblade 2. Maybe it has to do with Switch stuff being filed under NES, and how some retro games don't get the bump

Just make a "Switch" category GameStop, you've only had months to prepare...
Gonna rebuy? Or just done already

Pfft I swear that $5 card is a myth. I'm friendly with pretty much all the employees at my store yet I've never been offered one, nor have I even seen one in that store

Who the fark hire these GS employee, one store they took my $5 physical coupon and said they can't take it and was required to "destroy" them and then the GS down the block took the coupon with no issues.

These jackoffs need to be fired 

Has anyone tried this Gamestop Powered up Rewards Spring Pro Gaming Pass?

It seems like $10 off certain games if purchased by a specific date. Mass Effect Andromeda, etc. But you have to physically be in the store. 

Aside from that it seems vague. Like, is there another purchase involved, or is it automatically offered if you're purchasing by a specific date?

Has anyone tried this Gamestop Powered up Rewards Spring Pro Gaming Pass?

It seems like $10 off certain games if purchased by a specific date. Mass Effect Andromeda, etc. But you have to physically be in the store.

Aside from that it seems vague. Like, is there another purchase involved, or is it automatically offered if you're purchasing by a specific date?
You can outright by the pass or you get it when you but Nier, Mass Effect, Prey, Ghost Warrior 3, or ESO Marrowwind. Once you have it from buying one of those games you then save $10 off of each of the other ones.

I thought that coupon expired 2/28.
giphy.gif

Who the fark hire these GS employee, one store they took my $5 physical coupon and said they can't take it and was required to "destroy" them and then the GS down the block took the coupon with no issues.

These jackoffs need to be fired
why are you mad at them for doing what they are supposed to do?

Many thanks to the employee who told me that purchasing Horizon Zero Dawn isn't worth it unless I have a 4K TV and a PS4 Pro which he just got in stock. 

In other news the $5 cards are now unicorn level at all my GameStops. 

Could someone post the $5 coupon code picture again as that worked for me a few weeks ago when I had my Gamestop store scan the code from my phone? I deleted it the end of February from my pics. Thanks.

i should just fill a gs application. work one day to check out the back room and threw all these $5 card out then pick up after shift. Free stack of $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back