GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also can any Gamestop employees tell me if there was a mass throwing away of copies of :ps4: Destiny? I remember not too long ago almost every store had 3 or more copies in stock and now literally all stores show only 1 or 2. I cannot imagine GS sold that many copies in a short period of time.

Also can any Gamestop employees tell me if there was a mass throwing away of copies of :ps4: Destiny? I remember not too long ago almost every store had 3 or more copies in stock and now literally all stores show only 1 or 2. I cannot imagine GS sold that many copies in a short period of time.
A lot of stores did stock pulls this past week. I didn't, but some stores probably sent Destiny back to Texas.

Since I've worked there we've never been told to throw games away.

As was said there was an rsb pull to send games back to the warehouse this week.

Finished the new Zelda game so I sold it to gamestop for $57.50 (wow) and my Switch I bought with GS credit for profit on craigslist. I got to play a great game, make money, and cash out my GS credit. Thank you nintendo for your artificial shortages driving up the market price! 

I recall someone mentioning buying airfare cards with their trade credit? What airline and is there a limit you can buy?
I was looking up ticket prices on Southwest airlines and everything was lliterally twice the price of any other airlines. This was like 6 months ago. It didn't really make sense to flip my credit and then pay double for plane tickets. So just a heads up. They also have Uber gift cards, hulu and Netflix gift cards which work with trade in credit as well.

I was looking up ticket prices on Southwest airlines and everything was lliterally twice the price of any other airlines. This was like 6 months ago. It didn't really make sense to flip my credit and then pay double for plane tickets. So just a heads up. They also have Uber gift cards, hulu and Netflix gift cards which work with trade in credit as well.
Southwest isn't more or less expensive than any other airlines. For example they have a mid week flight to Chicago for like 44 bucks from NYC. Next cheapest airline is 80 bucks for me. I like them because checked bags are free.

Unless you're looking at Frontier/Spirit or some other super discount airline, Southwest typically is on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

Finished the new Zelda game so I sold it to gamestop for $57.50 (wow) and my Switch I bought with GS credit for profit on craigslist. I got to play a great game, make money, and cash out my GS credit. Thank you nintendo for your artificial shortages driving up the market price!
How did you get 57.50 for zelda tradein? 35 + 50% extra + 5 coupon?

https://www.gamestop.com/svcredit?tp=i-H43-8C-8CD-82aQ2P-1n-Uphl-1c-82ZE8V-2CpItn&cid=eml_10003509&fq=1&om_rid=1039639459&om_mid=31509

i decided to click on this link to see what this was all about. put my info and it said i had $16.04 of unused credit. Sweeeettt thanks.
I legit had a trade card missing (told my story a few weeks back about being refunded for no reason). I got my link this morning, but the link seems to be invalid. I get a "site cannot be reached" error in Chrome; in mobile I get an error about no internet connection, both on wi-fi and using my data connection.

Anyone else had this issue?

When i was looking at prices everything to the west coast from nyc was $600 which if i just keep track can easily find for $250-$350. But if that is the case I'll look into it again.

I legit had a trade card missing (told my story a few weeks back about being refunded for no reason). I got my link this morning, but the link seems to be invalid. I get a "site cannot be reached" error in Chrome; in mobile I get an error about no internet connection, both on wi-fi and using my data connection.

Yes. No resolution as of yet

Something doesn't seem right about that link. Some how its saying i have $770 in unused credit but i know thats not even possible as i still have all the trade cards i have ever used. Only one of them has a small balance on it. Kind of tempting to see what happens but i think most people that have done this have had issues with links not working in their emails.

Which store did you go to?
Store was in Union City i believe, I had never been to it before, was visiting a relative in the area.

I went to another store in the area that literally everytime someone opens the front door a voice comes over an intercom thing and says "All activies in the store are being monitored" or something like that, that told me all I needed to know about that area.

Something doesn't seem right about that link. Some how its saying i have $770 in unused credit but i know thats not even possible as i still have all the trade cards i have ever used. Only one of them has a small balance on it. Kind of tempting to see what happens but i think most people that have done this have had issues with links not working in their emails.
I think you have the temporary hold problem when you had placed online orders in the past. There has been an ongoing issue with their online website that it will put a temporary hold on your trade balance. Basically, if you call CS they will tell you your true balance which is going to be $770 more than what you can verify on their website lookup/store register function.

Over the last 2 months I've had a reconciling issue with my trade card of $250.

Your best bet might be to just use the link and request the digital gift card balance since those differences probably didn't come from just your one PRO card.

Someone mentioned a stealth bump a few posts/pages back and I can indeed confirm.  3 of 4 games I was looking to trade in all got a $1 or $2 bump.  Nice. 

Someone mentioned a stealth bump a few posts/pages back and I can indeed confirm. 3 of 4 games I was looking to trade in all got a $1 or $2 bump. Nice.
Thanks for pointing this out. I checked BotW for Wii U yesterday and it was at $30 tiv. Now it is at $35. Will probably unload it today.

(Yes I played / beat the game. It's great. Will rebuy on switch later when cheaper)

Southwest isn't more or less expensive than any other airlines. For example they have a mid week flight to Chicago for like 44 bucks from NYC. Next cheapest airline is 80 bucks for me. I like them because checked bags are free.
And yet I can't get a flight cheaper than $450-$500 after fees/taxes from STL to BOS, even when I look months out.

I'll just have to keep taking Amtrak to PAX East.

And yet I can't get a flight cheaper than $450-$500 after fees/taxes from STL to BOS, even when I look months out.

Deer god. I remember taking Amtrak to Ann arbor once from STL. Shit was like a 16 hr train ride and never again. So Stl to Bos I can't even imagine.

Can confirm today there was a stealth bump on 450 games and no price changes. Added a new tab after the retro games reflecting this. Sorry would of got it out sooner but ran into a problem with my code due to the added game changes GS did overnight. (My fault not any GS preventative measures)

You realize the difference between anecdote and reality right? OMG THIS BUSY WEEKEND ISEXPENSIVE =\= southwest is more expensive. I booked a flight to Chicago for 44 bucks. But I'm sure that's mad overpriced right?

I had the issue now when I tried to investigate the link they sent me. Trying it again now.

FYI BB is taking counter measures against me, until I can fix it the BB sheets will not get updated, funny they do this right before the 50% bonus tomorrow....

EDIT- LOL  fuck you BB that was too easy to work around.....

https://imgur.com/a/64QAc

Here's some pics sorry you can't really tell what it is but I'm sure if you google Wii U stand or something you'll find it. And don't mind the shitty screen protector it's the trash one from GameStop. This sets it at the perfect angle though and I use it whenever I can
Ok I have that came with my Wii. I thought was a stand that allow you to use the charge cable at same time.

Might be time to cut my losses on Bomberman on 1-2 Switch. With the bonus still going on and the $5 cards, I think I might only be eating a couple of dollars, if that.

Might be time to cut my losses on Bomberman on 1-2 Switch. With the bonus still going on and the $5 cards, I think I might only be eating a couple of dollars, if that.
You didnt enjoy it? I certainly dont play online but i have a blast playing locally with the fam.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Okay guys a couple random items: 

- There's an 8% ebay bucks promo for eligible accounts now thru tomorrow 3/19 11:59PM PT. Check your ebay messages to activate the offer. 

- I bought ebay gift cards at BB the other day with some games and used reward certs. The reward certs applied to the gift cards AND the games. Not particularly helpful to me there, but good to know. 

- I OMS'd a World of Final Fantasy :ps4: today at BB and just got a back-ordered email. Which means it will be cancelled.

Some decent values right now. $10 base for the resident evil 4-6 ps4/xb1 and Dead rising 2 ps4/xb1. $10 base for Darksiders warmastered.

$20 base for bioshock collection which was $26.99 used just a few weeks ago.

WiiU copies of Zelda are disappearing rapidly from my local stores.

I don't know if they still are printing copies but resident evil 4-6 were going on sale at best buy for $15 before GCU regularly. Good time to dump them for $17 and rebuy at $12 or so when best buy does that.

Last edited:
Okay guys a couple random items:

- There's an 8% ebay bucks promo for eligible accounts now thru tomorrow 3/19 11:59PM PT. Check your ebay messages to activate the offer.

- I bought ebay gift cards at BB the other day with some games and used reward certs. The reward certs applied to the gift cards AND the games. Not particularly helpful to me there, but good to know.

- I OMS'd a World of Final Fantasy :ps4: today at BB and just got a back-ordered email. Which means it will be cancelled.
I got a message for 10% ebay bucks promo but It expired on 3/10. Is that the one you mean?

Hello,

I  have a question about the 40% (50% Pro) Trade in Bonus. If I go and trade in some games can I apply the credit to Mario Kart Deluxe & Splatoon 2? Not sure how that works with games that haven't released.

Hello,

I have a question about the 40% (50% Pro) Trade in Bonus. If I go and trade in some games can I apply the credit to Mario Kart Deluxe & Splatoon 2? Not sure how that works with games that haven't released.
Yes. You can apply it to games that don't have a release date.

You realize the difference between anecdote and reality right? OMG THIS BUSY WEEKEND ISEXPENSIVE =\= southwest is more expensive. I booked a flight to Chicago for 44 bucks. But I'm sure that's mad overpriced right?
When comparing individual experiences like you are with him though, your input is no less anecdotal than his: OMG THIS FLIGHT TO CHICAGO WAS ONLY 44 BUCKS =/= southwest is less expensive.

So let's not pretend any of our individual experiences are a collective 'reality'. That said, I've found SouthWest to be much more expensive on all of the longer distance flights that I've compared prices on out of Cali, while occasionally being much less expensive when booking short trips (within Cali, to Vegas, etc.) especially when they have promos going on. So there's my anecdotal contribution to the conversation.

Still, the option to buy SouthWest gift cards with GS credit is nice and I wish more Airlines/Travel Companies would participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back