GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
GS Employee (loud as hell): Oh my goodness do you know you saved over $2000 while shopping at Gamestop? You must really love us. You also have two years remaining on your Pro membership.

I cant believe it you have 80000 points. You must really shop a lot. Did you want me to look and see if you have any promos?

Me:
[attachment=25957:200w.gif]

GS Employee (loud as hell): Oh my goodness do you know you saved over $2000 while shopping at Gamestop? You must really love us. You also have two years remaining on your Pro membership.

I cant believe it you have 80000 points. You must really shop a lot. Did you want me to look and see if you have any promos?

Me:
attachicon.gif
200w.gif
not as bad, but the guy did mention that i have a pro membership until 2020, then when i traded in zelda wii u and put it towards mario kart deluxe he couldnt figure out why it was giving me $52.50 until i told him about the bonus.

Me:
200w.gif
One time I legit thought this employee was gonna have an aneurysm with how he reacted to my lifetime PUR savings

How long do I have to wait to trade in a game that I recently traded in 4 copies of??

One of my local Walmarts has what seems to be an endless supply of Far Cry 4 for Xbox 360 at $5.xx. Trades in for $16 with the promo.

Me:
attachicon.gif
200w.gif
Exactly why I don't stockpile my points anymore. Used to get crazy looks for having 50k in points and savings over $500.

not as bad, but the guy did mention that i have a pro membership until 2020, then when i traded in zelda wii u and put it towards mario kart deluxe he couldnt figure out why it was giving me $52.50 until i told him about the bonus.
Whats fun is explaining to your dm why you have membership till 2020

Thank you. Traded in a few games tonight and applied the credit towards Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, and Super Mario Odyssey.
Mane bump that. I purchased MK8 on Wii u from the EShop. I need a voucher or something because im not going to pay strength again. Nintendo wyling for that swerve move

Deer god. I remember taking Amtrak to Ann arbor once from STL. Shit was like a 16 hr train ride and never again. So Stl to Bos I can't even imagine.
Well I drive to Chicago then take the train to Boston from there, & yeah it's about a 24-hour ride. It's the difference between going & not going though.

Maybe one of these days GS will stock Amtrak GC's. :)

fuck that. Save it for cyber Monday
Meh...I used 4 of those coupons to get Watch Dogs 2 for free. I ended up trading in for like $33. it's not that great. I remember everyone trying to find something worthwhile to spend the coupons b4 they expired lol

at the moment, you can still buy BOTW with like $50 in coupons and trade it in for $57.50 with that coupon card. That's the way to go :D

I love cyber Monday. Got gears of war 4, final fantasy, and dead rising all for $13 each pre owned. But yeah, that Zelda trade in is a good idea, if you can find one.

I didn't participate in Cyber Monday because I couldn't find anything and if I did my store most likely wouldn't have had it used. I live in Los Angeles for school, but go home for breaks and with not that many stores around the selection is tiny at best. They still regularly push out more used consoles from last gen with all these bundles with the old games than they do preowned or new of this gen. All current gen used consoles have display boxes out front and they regulated last gen stuff to the end stand near the store room, still nada. 

I get wanting to play something cheaper and the software sure is cheaper, but so long as Xbox One will make things backwards compatible the more popular stuff will shoot up in price so it's a lose-lose. You got a $50 Xbox 360 and want the $1.99 copy of GTA IV, too bad because its $19.99 used now and Episodes from Liberty City is just as much. 

When comparing individual experiences like you are with him though, your input is no less anecdotal than his: OMG THIS FLIGHT TO CHICAGO WAS ONLY 44 BUCKS =/= southwest is less expensive.

So let's not pretend any of our individual experiences are a collective 'reality'. That said, I've found SouthWest to be much more expensive on all of the longer distance flights that I've compared prices on out of Cali, while occasionally being much less expensive when booking short trips (within Cali, to Vegas, etc.) especially when they have promos going on. So there's my anecdotal contribution to the conversation.

Still, the option to buy SouthWest gift cards with GS credit is nice and I wish more Airlines/Travel Companies would participate.
My reality is they are just another carrier. No more or less expensive. They are literally known as a budget airline. That's what they market themselves as. Hence the no assigned seating, no first class, etc. but feel free to state otherwise its not like they pay me. 😂 too bad GS doesn't have other airline GCs though you are right. It's nice paying pennies on the dollar for SOuthwest through smart flipping.

How long do I have to wait to trade in a game that I recently traded in 4 copies of??

One of my local Walmarts has what seems to be an endless supply of Far Cry 4 for Xbox 360 at $5.xx. Trades in for $16 with the promo.
Walmart clearances vary from store to store, so it's unlikely that the rest of us will get that lucky, but congrats. I'm still sitting on 8 copies of Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens for 360 that I bought at my local Walmart back in January that I plan to flip over the next few months.

Does anyone know if the current 50% promo applies to retro playstation games? Most retro games are fine, but I've had issues with promos applying to original playstation and original Xbox games in the past.

Does anyone know if the current 50% promo applies to retro playstation games? Most retro games are fine, but I've had issues with promos applying to original playstation and original Xbox games in the past.
I think it depends on how they are categorized. I have read other people getting it for Nintendo retro, but not others.

Does the 50% bonus trigger if we pick up a paid in full preorder? I might do some extra trades at store where I still have to pick up a paid off Zelda.
Others on this site have said yes. I will find out later today when I pick up a paid off joycon strap.

Edit: confirmed picking up a paid off switch accessory will trigger the 50% trade bump in the same transaction.

Just moved $284 GS credit to $339 BB credit using my B2G1 coupon. Could have done more but I was skeptical that the GS employee would allow the B2G1 to be used on so many games. Thanks Blackbeard! Feels good to have BB credit again after I moved almost all of it to GS during the last stealth bump.

Also a reminder to know how much credit you should be getting before going into the store. The BB employee missed one of my games and I pointed out that the total seemed off. We went through the list and found the one he forgot to scan. This seems to happen pretty often when you have a big stack of games.

Would anyone know how the trade in limits apply to accesories, specifically Xbox One controllers? They trade in according to their color (Copper, Lunar, New White Version, etc), so would the limit per month then apply to each variant, or to Xbox One controllers in general?

Called about a Master Edition:

"Uh, we have it but I need to call my manager to make sure it's not a customer dispute (wtf)? I'll call you back after I call him." At this point it's obvious I'm not getting it

Half hour later I get a call:

"He said we can't sell it because it's a replacement for a customer that had a defective one"

I mean cmon, if you're gonna take it for yourself then at least come up with a better lie...

I know it's shocking but that does happen. I've had to ship in rare items to cover a customer's gpg prp etc.

I'm sure it's not 100% true all the time but it's a totally plausible reason.

Called about a Master Edition:

"Uh, we have it but I need to call my manager to make sure it's not a customer dispute (wtf)? I'll call you back after I call him." At this point it's obvious I'm not getting it

Half hour later I get a call:

"He said we can't sell it because it's a replacement for a customer that had a defective one"

I mean cmon, if you're gonna take it for yourself then at least come up with a better lie...
At least we have confirmation it was there.

Just moved $284 GS credit to $339 BB credit using my B2G1 coupon. Could have done more but I was skeptical that the GS employee would allow the B2G1 to be used on so many games. Thanks Blackbeard! Feels good to have BB credit again after I moved almost all of it to GS during the last stealth bump.

Also a reminder to know how much credit you should be getting before going into the store. The BB employee missed one of my games and I pointed out that the total seemed off. We went through the list and found the one he forgot to scan. This seems to happen pretty often when you have a big stack of games.
What did you use to transfer, just Uncharted and PES 17?

Oh BTW I forgot to tell everyone I added links to the game names on the BB sheets that redirect to the BB product page so you can easily order / hold / see if it is in stock.

What did you use to transfer, just Uncharted and PES 17?
There are a lot more viable flips with the B2G1 coupon. I did the following:

For Honor X1
For Honor PS4
Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Resident Evil 7 X1
Yakuza 0
Sniper Elite 4 PS4

Battlefield 1 X1
Battlefield 1 PS4
Final Fantasy XV PS4

And Uncharted 4 for a total of $329 (previous post had a typo). Unfortunately there are no PES in my area or I would have done that as well.

There are a lot more viable flips with the B2G1 coupon. I did the following:

For Honor X1
For Honor PS4
Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Resident Evil 7 X1
Yakuza 0
Sniper Elite 4 PS4

Battlefield 1 X1
Battlefield 1 PS4
Final Fantasy XV PS4

And Uncharted 4 for a total of $329 (previous post had a typo). Unfortunately there are no PES in my area or I would have done that as well.
I take it you did one of each? I think trade limits 3 each to best buy right

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back