GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see blackbeard is still trolling the GameStop Reddit employees lol. Fun stuff
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I really don't have to do much to get them riled up. Just me posting that the NES Classic is back in stock and it quickly brings the same disgruntled employees shit posting and down votes. Hopefully some customers actually see it and are able to snag one.

This guy made my day too:

"lol. not at all, sold the couple of these things I had last week without problem. I don't like you, I don't like people who decide it's their duty to go around broadcasting when we'll select items, I didn't like when IGN did it either. I get that you seem to think tracking our inventory is your job."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I really don't have to do much to get them riled up. Just me posting that the NES Classic is back in stock and it quickly brings the same disgruntled employees shit posting and down votes. Hopefully some customers actually see it and are able to snag one.

This guy made my day too:

"lol. not at all, sold the couple of these things I had last week without problem. I don't like you, I don't like people who decide it's their duty to go around broadcasting when we'll select items, I didn't like when IGN did it either. I get that you seem to think tracking our inventory is your job."
Blackbeard are you able to end any of the limited 3ds xl systems refurbished to the spreadsheet? I see them in stores occasionally but there's no way to check.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-fire-emblem-edition-gamestop-premium-refurbished/128908

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-monster-hunter-4-ultimate-edition-gamestop-premium-refurbished-only-at-gamestop/128072

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-majoras-mask-edition-gamestop-premium-refurbished/128088

Done but could only get locations only but I think each location wouldn't have more then 1. I think these are shipped straight from the warehouse if ordered online.

I must have done about $2100-$2300 in trade ins between a week before the switch launch to about a week after the switch launch. I was told I was going to get the ban hammer.

I did not get the hammer. I can still trade in.

I must have done about $2100-$2300 in trade ins between a week before the switch launch to about a week after the switch launch. I was told I was going to get the ban hammer.

Stop. You've done enough. I'm happy if I make $20 in profit off a trade in.

I think we all know better than to fall for that one :shame:

Rather play it safe.

Yeah true that so 360 it is then.
Wasn't the benefit of the black ops collection splitting the disks for like 30 bucks when separated?
Yes. You trade in COD Black Ops I and II collection and COD Black Ops III separately.
Wait so you buy the collection and split into 2 trade ins? 1 being combo pack and III on its own? Sorry still learning.
you all are forgetting the xbox360 packaging is different than ps3. (mass effect trilogy, borderlands triple pack & bioshock ultimate rapture edition were packaged differently depending on platform u r getting too)

u can't separate the xbox360 games into combo pack 1-2 + bo3 boxes coz it's in a single package, u will get individual values.

u can separate the ps3 games coz there's 2 boxes in the slipcase.

the only way tiv for xbox360 > ps3 would be if the xbox360 value of only the bo2 disc is higher than ps3 tiv for combo pack 1-2 since u can't trade in xbox360 bo1-2 as the combo pack coz there isn't a box for it.

What i do is put in a piece of paper and make write "black ops 1+2 combo pack) on it. I then put in both disc. I have never gotten rejected on getting the combo pack value that way. It sounds stupid and generic, but it works. I also don't put the black ops 3 disc right after it. I put it at the bottom of the stack.

God damnit none of my local stores had Nier, now it's back up to 55. No way I'm paying that with my bday coupon I'd be above the damn sale price arghhh. Hope it drops back before the 30th when it expires. Btw I have a b2g1 coupon that expires Friday, doesn't even look worth it to use. Sad day for boomeranging.

you all are forgetting the xbox360 packaging is different than ps3. (mass effect trilogy, borderlands triple pack & bioshock ultimate rapture edition were packaged differently depending on platform u r getting too)
u can't separate the xbox360 games into combo pack 1-2 + bo3 boxes coz it's in a single package, u will get individual values.
u can separate the ps3 games coz there's 2 boxes in the slipcase.

the only way tiv for xbox360 > ps3 would be if the xbox360 value of only the bo2 disc is higher than ps3 tiv for combo pack 1-2 since u can't trade in xbox360 bo1-2 as the combo pack coz there isn't a box for it.
Don't trade in the case. Separate the games. Done.

Gamestop is trying to make us feel old with the weekly ad. Their "Trivia" this week is stating that it's been a decade since the Wii was released.  /cry

Give an earnest but completely false answer like "I have a corporate friend" or something hahaha
I just did a polite no. Don't want to anger the social media manager. Although it sounds like some of the employees there from yesterday got a little butt hurt over the NES Classic thread and called them in to look at it. They can't really do anything I'm not breaking any rules that I know of.

It also looks like they think I work there too like I am probing their GSO while working.

Hah.

One of my GS stores around my job is using the $5 coupons as a way to boost their pre-order numbers. I went to trade in a game yesterday and right when I was going to let him scan the coupon off my phone, he was like "If you pre-order a game right now I can give you an extra $5... I can only give you this deal right now if you pre-order"

I ended up taking the game and trading it in at a store next to my house...

Hah.

One of my GS stores around my job is using the $5 coupons as a way to boost their pre-order numbers. I went to trade in a game yesterday and right when I was going to let him scan the coupon off my phone, he was like "If you pre-order a game right now I can give you an extra $5... I can only give you this deal right now if you pre-order"

I ended up taking the game and trading it in at a store next to my house...
I've had the same thing a few times. I've told them "Great! I have Mario Kart 8 preordered just put it on there". Haven't been turned down once.

I've also had several employees just scan a card and not even mention it when doing a trade. Of course they got a great survey after.

I just did a polite no. Don't want to anger the social media manager. Although it sounds like some of the employees there from yesterday got a little butt hurt over the NES Classic thread and called them in to look at it. They can't really do anything I'm not breaking any rules that I know of.

It also looks like they think I work there too like I am probing their GSO while working.
I am not sure what has all been discussed on reddit as I rarely check it out, but it might be good to not discuss too much over there as I would hate to see BBY or GS block the awesomeness of info finding that you have created. What GS employees don't realize is that having this information out there should actually be helpful so we don't have to call them about stock constantly when the website is not allowing for an easy store search. I look forward to your regularly updated inventory sheets and the only people that should be upset about them are the shady ones that want to resell the hard to find items themselves.

Didn't find this in the FAQ so here goes:

Anybody know if you put $5 down on a game pre-order before it releases can you still incrementally put money down on it even way after it releases without picking it up?

I am not sure what has all been discussed on reddit as I rarely check it out, but it might be good to not discuss too much over there as I would hate to see BBY or GS block the awesomeness of info finding that you have created. What GS employees don't realize is that having this information out there should actually be helpful so we don't have to call them about stock constantly when the website is not allowing for an easy store search. I look forward to your regularly updated inventory sheets and the only people that should be upset about them are the shady ones that want to resell the hard to find items themselves.
Yes you are right I've attracted too much attention and I will be staying away from that for a while now. As far as they know though I am an employee pulling locations off the POS while on a shift at a store.

I updated the wiki, but I placed the question in the wrong spot. Every time I try to edit now the page crashes.

The reason this is YMMV is because if a guest does not pickup the pre-order within 30 (or 60 i forget) days of release the store receives an auto cancel of that pre-[order. It will not affect the employee unless they receive a live cancel but the store because the reserve then becomes a "ghost" deposit. That said, the employees who are not sticklers of that concept will allow you to deposit later than release date. A good reason....

" I know this game will go on sale soon and I'm waiting on that while wanting to receive the bonus content.... etc " 

What happens to the original deposit for the pre-order? Does it just stay tied to your account until you decide to use it?
I have heard instances in the past but I don't know if this still happens where GS will just zero out the deposit and keep the money or a DM will have the SM move the pre-orders to something else to boost numbers for that game.

I have heard instances in the past but I don't know if this still happens where GS will just zero out the deposit and keep the money or a DM will have the SM move the pre-orders to something else to boost numbers for that game.
Jesus if they.... meaning anyone within the walls of that company.... does that and it is discovered or proven, they are done. That is full on theft because a deposit is just that, not a sale meaning Gamestop has no ownership stake in the monies.

I was sweating just thinking of the possibility. That $5 deposit could cost the company millions.

In other words, that deposit can sit, for years, and not be touched, without consent from a customer, for ANY reason other than store closing. As recently as last year I saw multiple deposits on XBox Ones , 360s, Ps3, Wii, and PS4 from pre-orders and Layaway from 2, 3, or even longer years ago.

I personally called a customer about a Final Fantasy preorder just to find out from his weeping wife that he died. The money still sits there on his account.

Don't trade in the case. Separate the games. Done.
Actually u don't wanna do that either lol. If u separate the games then u will be trading in:
bo at $.55 ps3/$4.4 x360
bo2 at $6.6 ps3/x360
bo3 at $7.7 ps3/x360

Don't think anyone wants that lol
What u want to do is trade in as:
Bo1+2 combo pack at $13.20
Bo3 at $7.7

For reference, bo1-3 collection for both platforms tiv is $11

On the PS3 version you can't really separate the games for Black Ops Collection. The box set comes with 2 CDs:

- BO1 and BO2 are in a single CD

- BO3 on a separate CD

Buy as a bundle and trade each CD separately, simple as that. If for some reason they give you 3 CDs just cancel the purchase.

If you get 2 CD's you're golden.

Thanks for the updates. I'll get the PS3 version of Black Ops Collection and make sure it has two discs. I didn't know about the Xbox 360 version since I don't own one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back