GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
For people who had to call the customer service line and have them manually assign you a B2G1 code, how did it work? Called this morning and she read me a code, and I just tried it in store but it said invalid. Does it take time to activate? Or does it have any dashes? The lady just read me EBCxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, with a bunch of letters and numbers
Mine had a dash. It was 10 characters, dash, 8 characters.

For people who had to call the customer service line and have them manually assign you a B2G1 code, how did it work? Called this morning and she read me a code, and I just tried it in store but it said invalid. Does it take time to activate? Or does it have any dashes? The lady just read me EBCxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, with a bunch of letters and numbers
That is what happened to me. But I haven't tried to use it yet. I thought it was kind of odd that letters were in the code towards the end.

I used the game credit to get a $30 uber card and a $60 Netflix card. If you check the weekly flyer you get a bonus $5.00 and $10.00 gs gift card respectively. The trade in also  stacked with the $5.00 bonus card. For Persona 5 I got $49.00 The employee forgot to scan  Pokemon Moon. She did a second trade in np for the Pokemon moon and only added a penny to Destiny and COD plus let me use the $5.00 coupon again so got $45.00 for the game. The DM was there doing whatever he does. I started talking to him asking him about the 411 with GS stores closing down. He pointed out that some are closing but there are also more opening and he started mentioning lease negotiations and new GS stores that he's involved with getting opened. I guess time will tell. Plan on flipping the rest of my games on Sunday.

I just called them and they gave me a code as well. They told me to give it to the cashier. I'm going to a store now to try it out.

Yaaaaay got an NES thanks BB! Also, my store knew about PS3/360 b2g1 and automatically did everything!

It's a great day to be a CAG.

I used the game credit to get a $30 uber card and a $60 Netflix card. If you check the weekly flyer you get a bonus $5.00 and $10.00 gs gift card respectively. The trade in also stacked with the $5.00 bonus card. For Persona 5 I got $49.00 The employee forgot to scan Pokemon Moon. She did a second trade in np for the Pokemon moon and only added a penny to Destiny and COD plus let me use the $5.00 coupon again so got $45.00 for the game. The DM was there doing whatever he does. I started talking to him asking him about the 411 with GS stores closing down. He pointed out that some are closing but there are also more opening and he started mentioning lease negotiations and new GS stores that he's involved with getting opened. I guess time will tell. Plan on flipping the rest of my games on Sunday.
I heard this exact same thing a few weeks ago. I guess the stores are "commodity" like StarBucks.

my copy list it as 207340119
I think the "1234" was just an example. The DPCI should be:

:xb1: 207-32-0119

:ps4: 207-34-0119

I used the game credit to get a $30 uber card and a $60 Netflix card. If you check the weekly flyer you get a bonus $5.00 and $10.00 gs gift card respectively. The trade in also stacked with the $5.00 bonus card. For Persona 5 I got $49.00 The employee forgot to scan Pokemon Moon. She did a second trade in np for the Pokemon moon and only added a penny to Destiny and COD plus let me use the $5.00 coupon again so got $45.00 for the game. The DM was there doing whatever he does. I started talking to him asking him about the 411 with GS stores closing down. He pointed out that some are closing but there are also more opening and he started mentioning lease negotiations and new GS stores that he's involved with getting opened. I guess time will tell. Plan on flipping the rest of my games on Sunday.
Why didn't you buy 2-$15 Uber GCs to get 2-$5 GCs?

Usually 10-15. Today 18 games.
In Jan I went balls deep and traded in 40 games in one transaction for $1000 trade in credit.

[quote name
Whats the most games u guys traded in. In one transaction?[/quote]

It's supposed to have a dash after the 10th character. I took a screenshot of my previous code.
Yeah the employee tried putting the cash in between every character but it was a no go. Let us know if the coupon works for you. Hopefully I don't have to call that damn customer service again :(

so anybody hearing bad stories about pre ordering funkos at gamestop?

I can understand employees pulling chases for themselves but saw a guy that went to check on his usa mccree funko pre order. System said it was released the 21st and the employee told him that they didn't have it and that his only option was to cancel the pre order. The employee most likely saw that it was in transit and made him cancel so he can get it for himself. dude cancelled and tried doing it again but it wouldn't let him since it was technically out already.

Also hearing alot of people saying they pre ordered a certain funko and goto pick it up to find it on the store shelves, not held behind the counter or in back. I've been lucky but one time an employee told me he almost sold my pre order posh tracer and I was "lucky" to of called and check on it. I feel like I gotta place a few pre orders at different stores to ensure I can get one. 

Somehow I missed your post. But yeah the employee tried putting the dash in there and it still didn't work. Could take some time to activate I guess
All your codes are fine. The person is trying to add the code like a gift card when they need to enter it as an "add item" type thing. Same thing happened to me yesterday and ended up calling support 3 times and got three codes and then found out they were entering the code on the register wrong.

Went to Target and got 9 games for $98.99...after tax & red card 5% discount.  Then traded them into GS for $191.20 with the 60% bonus.  I pre-ordered the Call of Duty Pro version and got the free hat.  Walked out with ...$176.2 trade credit free and clear.  

They wouldn't let me trade 2 of the same game.   Maybe if I go back tomorrow or Saturday they will let me do the additional trades and still get the 60%. 

I traded: 

Cabela's African Adventure

Rory McIlroy 

Battleborn

TMNT Mutants in Manhattan

7 days to die

Farming Simulator 15 

1 Piece Burning Blood

Plants vs Zombies 2

Until Dawn VR 

I am so conflicted on trading in Mario and Sonic Rio Games! If I had a used copy it would be a no brainer but mine is still factory sealed and don't know if $77 is enough for me to let it go

so anybody hearing bad stories about pre ordering funkos at gamestop?

I can understand employees pulling chases for themselves but saw a guy that went to check on his usa mccree funko pre order. System said it was released the 21st and the employee told him that they didn't have it and that his only option was to cancel the pre order. The employee most likely saw that it was in transit and made him cancel so he can get it for himself. dude cancelled and tried doing it again but it wouldn't let him since it was technically out already.

Also hearing alot of people saying they pre ordered a certain funko and goto pick it up to find it on the store shelves, not held behind the counter or in back. I've been lucky but one time an employee told me he almost sold my pre order posh tracer and I was "lucky" to of called and check on it. I feel like I gotta place a few pre orders at different stores to ensure I can get one.
I have only pre-ordered the Twin Peaks ones, and I had no problem. The workers at my place are pretty on top of things though. I bet it just boils down to having some bad workers at your place.

Do you need to get a $30 Uber card to get the $5 gift card? I was hoping it might work on the Uber cards where you pick the denominations. I wondee if it would work on a minimum amount only.

Do you need to get a $30 Uber card to get the $5 gift card? I was hoping it might work on the Uber cards where you pick the denominations. I wondee if it would work on a minimum amount only.
As Flash pointed out it says any amount in the ad. However as I pointed out, I don't read too well. I did it on a $30.00 Uber card but it should work on whatever amount.

I have only pre-ordered the Twin Peaks ones, and I had no problem. The workers at my place are pretty on top of things though. I bet it just boils down to having some bad workers at your place.
yea thats what it seems to come down to the employees, they did come threw at my GS but was like pulling teeth for info. While anther GS a lil further seems to go above and beyond every time saying they'll call me when it comes in or has more info. I asked my local gs to call me when my mccree funko came in and they looked at me like I was crazy, "I guess we could" wtf is that lol

idk just hearing some stories on reddit is pretty messed up. You pre order something it should be there on release date and held just like they do with video games.

I am so conflicted on trading in Mario and Sonic Rio Games! If I had a used copy it would be a no brainer but mine is still factory sealed and don't know if $77 is enough for me to let it go
Oh wow I didn't know the trade in was so high for the Wii U version! I know it's a rare game but luckily I have a sealed and open copy. I'm taking the open one in today. I'm not sure if Nintendo messed up in an update, but the game no longer plays on my Wii U. I get an error message and looked online and it seems a lot of people are having the same problem. Makes it easier to let it go.

Don't forget your hat with pre-order.

affinity_2.jpg
There is something wrong with either the crown or the bill of the cap...I think the bill is too small, not wide enough from side to side. The hat is not cut correctly.

All your codes are fine. The person is trying to add the code like a gift card when they need to enter it as an "add item" type thing. Same thing happened to me yesterday and ended up calling support 3 times and got three codes and then found out they were entering the code on the register wrong.
Gonna quote this because it's a very helpful post. Thanks!

Also did your code have a dash? If so, where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back