GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if posted already but the new weekly ad shows that the Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series has been added to the list for extra 50% bonus trade credit.
Thanks. My two closest stores have 0 copies of any of the other games.

Unfortunately, my BlOps 2 copy has significantly tanked in value already. :whistle2:(

I'm thinking of just keeping a few of the games that I got from the promo. I don't need people snooping into my account. I hope that I finish them by the end of the month so I get the best value back from them. The manager was cool for warning me about it tho. I'll just make back the lost trade in credit in boomerangs.

Its weird in louisiana I went to one store traded 4 games they wanted my id. Went to another just up the rd traded in 12 games never asked for my id so im not sure if its required or not
It depends on how the county pawn laws are.

The store closes to me requires ID due to Indy pawn laws, but the store that is a county over does not require a ID unless you are trading in for cash only.

The store closes to me requires ID due to Indy pawn laws, but the store that is a county over does not require a ID unless you are trading in for cash only.
Louisiana is special. We have parishes not counties lol.

Anyways the two I'm talking bout are in the same parish about 1 mile apart. I get what your saying though.

Was gonna buy a few items online. I'm curious before placing and order. Do you have to pay sales tax if you use trade credit online or not. I know if I go to the local store I don't when using trade credit.

So bought 5 uber gift cards yesterday, asked guy about 5 dollar GCs he had no clue. Couldn't get site to load but checked after and that promo is good till the 14th. Any chance to go back and get those cards? Or am I fucked. The GCs are unused. It's only 25 bucks so whatever but hey it's MY 25.

Was gonna buy a few items online. I'm curious before placing and order. Do you have to pay sales tax if you use trade credit online or not. I know if I go to the local store I don't when using trade credit.
Yes on sales tax but once you get your stuff you can to a store to return and rebuy so they can knock off the the sales tax.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

The weekly ad shows a $10 Gamestop GC with $60 Netflix card purchase.  Does anyone know if you can use a gift card or trade credit to buy this and still get the $10 Gamestop GC?  This is, of course, assuming you can still use trade credit to buy Netflix cards.

The weekly ad shows a $10 Gamestop GC with $60 Netflix card purchase. Does anyone know if you can use a gift card or trade credit to buy this and still get the $10 Gamestop GC? This is, of course, assuming you can still use trade credit to buy Netflix cards.
Yes you can use trade credit towards anything but the Visa POSA cards. You have to buy a Netflix $60 GC and also pick up one of those blank GS GC and tell them to put $10 on the GS card. It will end up subtracting $10 for the total transaction.

Same goes for the Uber GC, tell them you want $15 on an Uber and $5 on the GS GC. To the guy above you, yes you can get your GC back just bring in the receipts with the Uber GC, and they will rerun the transaction. Or just pile it all on one GC like they did for me.

Yes you can use trade credit towards anything but the Visa POSA cards. You have to buy a Netflix $60 GC and also pick up one of those blank GS GC and tell them to put $10 on the GS card. It will end up subtracting $10 for the total transaction.

Same goes for the Uber GC, tell them you want $15 on an Uber and $5 on the GS GC. To the guy above you, yes you can get your GC back just bring in the receipts with the Uber GC, and they will rerun the transaction. Or just pile it all on one GC like they did for me.
Same store or does it matter?

Not just county, but local pawn laws also.

There's three stores in my county, the closest requires ID for all trades, the other two only for cash trades.

In the next county over there's a bunch of stores, most require ID only for cash trades, one doesn't require it for any trades if you have a PUR card.

It takes GameStop two months to reply product inquiry. Holy sht
I bought a copy of Axiom Verge (indie box) from Gamestop about a month ago when the entire line went down to $10 each.

The steam key said it was already used even though the case was sealed. I tweeted indie box and they responded within 30 seconds telling me they'd get me a new one, and they passed it off to their contact at Gamestop; I still have not received a response a month later...

i think i have that beat, i had one of those phantom orders for $10 psn card. i contacted them about it, never heard anything, eventually the $10 showed back up on my trade card. this was march 3rd, yesterday i get an email with the code but its from a different order i made on april 15th. i guess i had problems with my april 15th order back in march, another customer service problems solved by the monkeys at gamestop!

Just wanted to add I was able to buy 5 Uber gift cards at $15 a piece and got 5 $5 GameStop gift cards no problem. Guy was super nice about it, even did a second transaction to combine the 5 gift cards into one $25 card after he offered to do it.Two good surveys coming his way!
So you can purchase a GS GC and pay for it with GS GC? For most retailers that's not a problem, but I've seen several GS employees start smoking at the ears when I've asked about that in the past.

So you can purchase a GS GC and pay for it with GS GC? For most retailers that's not a problem, but I've seen several GS employees start smoking at the ears when I've asked about that in the past.
You definitely can but it all depends on the employee you get. When I used to buy a bunch of digital GCs off of eBay, it was 50/50 on whether they would let me combine it into one GC. Sometimes they just flat out say no, sometimes they demanded I have the physical cards (🙄), and sometimes they let me do it.

Can't you combine gift cards on the GS website? You can select to receive a physical or digital card. Just choose an amount and add to your cart. Then just enter each gift card number + pin until you match the amount.

I still havent received my points from all the flipping this past weekend, im guessing its because of all the site issues they've had.  Hopefully it gets fixed, it would suck to miss out on over 30k points.

My GS inventory capabilities are all back online now.  If they were fixing security none of the loop holes I've seen were fixed.

Anyone have any experience with ordering Gamecube games from GS? They have some really good prices but I don't want just the disc...I would obviously prefer at least the case and hopefully manual too.

Anyone have any experience with ordering Gamecube games from GS? They have some really good prices but I don't want just the disc...I would obviously prefer at least the case and hopefully manual too.
I feel like GameCube era games were traded in at a time when people assumed you needed a case. Most of the games I receive have cases

GS.com and iPhone app still shaqfud for me.

No points from Sundays trades or Mondays buys, nor do any of my transactions show up. Still shows the wrong preorders (ones I canned and move to other games).

Wonder when they'll ever be back to 100% functionality.

GS.com and iPhone app still shaqfud for me.
No points from Sundays trades or Mondays buys, nor do any of my transactions show up. Still shows the wrong preorders (ones I canned and move to other games).
Wonder when they'll ever be back to 100% functionality.
So my question to you is, when were they ever at 100% functionality?

I feel like GameCube era games were traded in at a time when people assumed you needed a case. Most of the games I receive have cases
That was a simpler time, when folks had good hearts. Now people are degenerates who trade games in without the case, scratched, etc. and the world is in shambles largely due to that.

Crap, I forgot about pre-orders. Didn't pick up my 1-2 switch or whatever it's called, so hopefully they didn't "magically" wipe the slate to where they have no record of it and I can't use that credit towards something else.

Crap, I forgot about pre-orders. Didn't pick up my 1-2 switch or whatever it's called, so hopefully they didn't "magically" wipe the slate to where they have no record of it and I can't use that credit towards something else.
dude, don't give GS new ideas man! Its bad as it is...

Hope you can use the credit on something else.

That was a simpler time, when folks had good hearts. Now people are degenerates who trade games in without the case, scratched, etc. and the world is in shambles largely due to that.
For over a thousand generations, the gamers would trade in their games with their original box and manual . Before the dark times.

Before Gamestop.

It's up in the air. I mostly pick up gamecube games to flip to amazon. maybe 2-3 out of every 10 have cover art. I receive the rest disc only without even a case. THey're just thrown in a plastic bootleg ziplock bag but at least shipped in a box. People have mentioned better luck. I've flipped alot of games to amazon recently and that's been my experience.

For over a thousand generations, the gamers would trade in their games with their original box and manual . Before the dark times.

Before Gamestop.
Are people forgetting the shitty cardboard boxes SNES and N64 games came in? I agree with people for the most part, but I dont ever remember going into a gamestore and seeing used boxes for N64 or Snes games in abundance. Maybe it was just erased from my memory banks.

In Florida, the ID rule varies by county. In Broward, I have to show ID, sign paperwork, and stamp the form with my thumbprint. In Palm Beach County, there is nothing like that. Just sign the card reader after all trades are completed.
Both Florida counties I live & work in require ID, paperwork, thumbprint & weight lol grrr. Might go by Palm Beach if I decide to go on a cruise haha, do they require DL to create a new acct? Or will passport work in Palm Beach? They don't ask for ID for both cash & credit trades?

Don't know about multiple accounts, but Louisiana does require ID for trades. No tax when using trade credit. Some cities do have specific rules for trades, though, so ymmv.
Awww wish they didn't require ID =( but then again bluebigman2006 says otherwise below lol hmmm

in Texas you can use a different number and email for a 2ND acount . It also helps to have a 2nd mobile device to be permanently signed into . I tether wifi hotspot to my 2nd phone.
But u have the same name on both accts? Or do u use ur nickname on 2nd acct? Did they ask u for ID or did u just tell them whatever to enter in as ur demographic info when u created the acct?

The trade-ban is ID based. Someone else can trade under your account with their ID but you're still banned even if you open a second account.
This is false.

They will ban the ID and account.
The account wasn't banned for me. The two times that I was banned (once for exceeding the trade limit by trading in $2800 in a week and once for trading in 5 of an item) I had my girl use my account (she didn't have one) but her ID to finish off my flips. They went through just fine on my account. I then signed her up for an account after the second ban with all her info and did a test trade at an out of the way GS with my ID on her account that didn't go through. My ID was banned regardless of account but others could trade on my account just fine. So YMMV?
That's interesting, guess it's different per county/state. Anyways I was planning on using my passport to open a new acct while I'm out of state and then use it primarily to only buy stuff in the future & maybe trade stuff in but would not do so frequently on this acct. And my real account will only be used for trade-ins

Its weird in louisiana I went to one store traded 4 games they wanted my id. Went to another just up the rd traded in 12 games never asked for my id so im not sure if its required or not

Louisiana is special. We have parishes not counties lol.

Anyways the two I'm talking bout are in the same parish about 1 mile apart. I get what your saying though.
Anyone know about tradein policies for Orleans parish? I might dump a bunch of games if they don't require ID. I'm guessing bluebigman2006 must go to the 2nd store more often than the 1st lol.

Not just county, but local pawn laws also.

There's three stores in my county, the closest requires ID for all trades, the other two only for cash trades.

In the next county over there's a bunch of stores, most require ID only for cash trades, one doesn't require it for any trades if you have a PUR card.
if they all only required ID for cash trades =/

I ordered two copies each of Dead Space 3 :360: pre-owned and Black Ops Collection New :360: last night in the same order and got my order confirmation email almost immediately. Earlier today, I got two separate shipping confirmation emails for each pair of games, one with a UPS tracking number and the other with a USPS tracking number.
I received my copies of Dead Space 3 (UPS). Meanwhile, the USPS website still doesn't even know about my tracking number for the CoD shipment...

EDIT - The Dead Space 3 copies had that circle sticker on them to keep them sealed. I found the best way to remove that is to slice it down the middle and the grip it and rip it for both halves. Works great on skin tags too. :)

Question about bday coupon.
I contacted the support via email about my bday coupon I never received, and just got the code.
But no explanation about the coupon was given.
Are bday coupons usually 20% off used, or are they sometimes b2g1?
I replied to the email to figure out but nothing so far..
Just trying to get some clue.

Question about bday coupon.
I contacted the support via email about my bday coupon I never received, and just got the code.
But no explanation about the coupon was given.
Are bday coupons usually 20% off used, or are they sometimes b2g1?
I replied to the email to figure out but nothing so far..
Just trying to get some clue.
20% off used

I received my copies of Dead Space 3 (UPS). Meanwhile, the USPS website still doesn't even know about my tracking number for the CoD shipment...

EDIT - The Dead Space 3 copies had that circle sticker on them to keep them sealed. I found the best way to remove that is to slice it down the middle and the grip it and rip it for both halves. Works great on skin tags too. :)
Seems like they overnighted my copies of Dead Space for some reason. One of them even had an online pass that wasn't redeemed

I think it's safe to assume that anyone would need ID in any Gamestop in the world to create a new account.

Once the account is created, the local pawn laws take effect when trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back