GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I plan on paying more than the minimum monthly, thanks for the heads up on the extra 10% on rewards! You guys have any 4K recommendations for gaming?
I have the KS8000 and I love it. Highly recommend.

When you apply, make sure you are getting the Visa My Best Buy Credit card. Purchases on that card at BB in the future help you get 5% (6% if elite plus) back in rewards so you want to fund all your BB purchases with it. If you need help qualifying for elite plus, you can use the Visa version outside of BB and those count towards the $3,500 you have to spend a year.

Well, they somehow still have access to my points. Points posted from an online purchase, and they redeemed them immediately this morning.
Did you change your password prior? If you did sounds like the account token does not change with a password change and is managed by GS.

Don't they flag your account for doing this all the time?
I say all the time but I'm exaggerating. I just meant every time there has been a game I'm interested in with retailer exclusive DLC/bonus. In a year I probably end up returning 4-5 games for this purpose. They will flag you for excessive returns but I don't think they specifically look to see if a game offers a preorder bonus or anything.

I say all the time but I'm exaggerating. I just meant every time there has been a game I'm interested in with retailer exclusive DLC/bonus. In a year I probably end up returning 4-5 games for this purpose. They will flag you for excessive returns but I don't think they specifically look to see if a game offers a preorder bonus or anything.
You're right. When I returned RE7, there were going to toss the receipt with the DLC and Vudu codes on it in the trash if I hadn't asked for it back. Unless you get a junior detective, they really don't give a damn.

Been awhile since I traded at Gamestop. With the 40% bump on certain games, is it possible to buy the game for the bump then go to another GS and return it?

Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon cards. Can confirm the A smile cards work on trade credit with no problem today still. My guess was it wouldn't get fixed at least until the weekdays.

Also Amazon GC is great but these days converting GS to cash has been pretty easy.....so meh

it def will be useful during those seasons of drought though

Gotta love my GameStop. Went to buy a couple Amazon card and the nice lady manager is like "Oh yeah we just got those in. You can even buy them with your trade credit!" Lol such a stark contrast from all the junior detective horror stories on here

Gotta love my GameStop. Went to buy a couple Amazon card and the nice lady manager is like "Oh yeah we just got those in. You can even buy them with your trade credit!" Lol such a stark contrast from all the junior detective horror stories on here
If I heard that I'd honestly be somewhat shook haha

Best Buy I called about the Reinhardt POP that said they didn't have any yesterday, said they sold them this morning. fucking retail. Why lie to customers at all? Unless it was employees buying it then fuck it at that point. I think I'll stay away from POPs for now...amiibos are bad enough.
The solution is to realize pops are ugly and pointless even if you enjoy the thing they are based on.

I'm only a little fish compared to some of you guys, but it was still funny watching the associates after I asked to put $500 on an Amazon giftcard, and then I covered it all with a trade card. It was an initial look of confusion that turned into amazement when the trade card covered it all. I only have $39 left in GameStop credit now and $10 tied up in preorders, but it feels good knowing I'm more likely to actually use that $500 now on textbook rentals and general life stuff as opposed to just waiting for GameStop to actually have a decent sale again.

I have the KS8000 and I love it. Highly recommend.

When you apply, make sure you are getting the Visa My Best Buy Credit card. Purchases on that card at BB in the future help you get 5% (6% if elite plus) back in rewards so you want to fund all your BB purchases with it. If you need help qualifying for elite plus, you can use the Visa version outside of BB and those count towards the $3,500 you have to spend a year.
The KS8000s aren't in stock, and last I saw, that credit card lacks the no interest financing option.

The KS8000s aren't in stock, and last I saw, that credit card lacks the no interest financing option.
Hmm I didn't know the Visa version wouldn't include financing plans. That's interesting, thanks. I have the store version but I was always annoyed that I can't use it outside BB. I used the financing option twice so far though so I guess it's a good trade off.

As for the KS8000, that's a shame.

you can go in store and place an order threw the warehouse, just give them the sku 5655428, been seeing plenty on reddit getting it done. Seems like most stores only got 2 in, if you want him I'd go place that order asap, I don't think it's gonna last all day.

yesterday was told they had two, I got there about ten min before they opened and was told they only had one, lucked out no one else was waiting :D I'm guessing an employee nabbed one or they just didn't wanna sell me both
Hey man thanks for the tip! I was able to order 2 this way and the guy that was in front of me in line actually did the exact same thing.

A yes or no would have been easier for the both of us, but thanks maybe? The first page only seems to mention promotions involving a pre-order, not games that are out already
It's his job to scan through this thread, looking for posts to reply with a "check the faq"

Maybe if it actually had spoilers, like the faq that was already there, people might read it.

It's his job to scan through this thread, looking for posts to reply with a "check the faq"

Maybe if it actually had spoilers, like the faq that was already there, people might read it.
If someone asks a noob question then yes I point them to the FAQ so as to not have them post more noob questions. What's the problem with that?

And why would spoiler-ing the FAQ make more people likely to read it? It makes it easier to just CTRL+F their issue. Like if the guy searched "return," he would've easily found the answer he was looking for

Bought another couple hundred in Amazon GC today.

My wife tagged along and now she wants me to liquidate the rest of my credit on all the restaurant GC :wall:

My wife tagged along and now she wants me to liquidate the rest of my credit on all the restaurant GC :wall:
photo-thumb-319772.jpeg

Icemagician is a moron but gamestop must hire only the most asshole people who look at the customer as their enemy.

You cant force someone to buy a preordered game just becauase they got a bonus.
Icemagician should've used a throwaway acct on Reddit and delete/edit the last 100 or so posts here imo...smh, not good at all lol def change username coz a simple Google search will bring up all the juiciness that will beg for a ban or end it for the rest of us sadly.

Yes, and the highest option is a $15 preowned certificate anyways. They redeemed 2 $50 any item certs.
thats terrible awww omg I wonder how they got into ur acct, could it have been the breach last month? Thought that was only credit card related o_O

So he put together the Faq and the wiki and this is your way of saying thank you? This is very obtuse constructive criticism.

Bruh, everytime I take my fiance with me doing trades and flips she thinks its time to spend my credit on other stuff, I try not to take her with me...

LOL what DOESNT hurt a GS employees COL Score? Arrive to work five minutes early? Parting their haircut?

Could even trading in a game I got a bonus on hurt them? Like Yooka Lay Lee which I only picked up cause of the bonus, returning it would net me $40, but if Mays SB is like April's, I could get $35 for it traded. In other words a $5 rental for a game I'm actually a little curious to try out. That $5 loss is still far outweighed by the other trades that pushed beyond the $40 needed to initially buy it, and the other trades used in conjunction with it later this month.

But if they'd give me a hard time even in that case....

Bruh, everytime I take my fiance with me doing trades and flips she thinks its time to spend my credit on other stuff, I try not to take her with me...
This is why I caught a break when we couldn't get Amazon GCs anymore. My wife noticed we had a balance and suddenly we needed random things for the house.

Now that everything is taxed I don't mind when my wife does that. It all comes from the same bucket in the end. I keep a detailed spreadsheet though of all of purchases and flips to justify when I bring home another $250 collectors edition 😛

Now that everything is taxed I don't mind when my wife does that. It all comes from the same bucket in the end. I keep a detailed spreadsheet though of all of purchases and flips to justify when I bring home another $250 collectors edition
Luckily my wife doesnt ask about CE's. I did pay for a year of our Netflix with the GC deal and took some of the Amazon credit to renew my Prime membership so now she gets free shipping anytime she orders any of her random crap

Not that I'm going to complain but I just checked my preorder for Injustice 2 and there's $20 more on it than what it should be/was yesterday. Anyone have any idea why that could be?

Was able to easily use up some trade credit built up from last weekend's flip-a-palooza with a couple of $100 Amazon cards today. Staff had to look in a box behind the counter for them and were almost going to give all the GCs in the $25 amounts before they found the stack of 25-500s. Glad I could turn some of the games I wasn't playing much anymore into something that's a bit more flexible.

tried to get an Amazon GC but got denied at a store that has always been a huge Pain in the Ass... will try a more relaxed store tomorrow

I wonder if amazon could just buy gamestop and they could have a future as amazon retail trade in centers for all the items they take in trade in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back