GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess I missed the posts from the first weekend of May, sorry I wasted everyone's time. Thanks.

When I went in early in the week and had them mock up a trade, the system didn't add the bonus. When I traded in a phone earlier today, same thing happened, they manually added the bonus. Gave me cash same as credit as well.
So how would I get my bonus now? I emailed customer service.

I guess the coupon glitch is fixed and I missed the boat by a day or so. Bummer because I only received 1 coupon.

Cant say I'm surprised considering we are only promised 1 per renewal.

BB noticed an issue on the BB to GS tab that Yakuza Kiwami is showing up with a trade value but since it is not out yet (8/29 release) I think it is being confused for Yakuza 0 on the GS sku (which GS does not have the value up yet).

Someone posted that they are still giving $200 on a PS4 towards a new system, though it ran out the 14th, did it get extended? I don't see anything in the trade offers on GS.

BB noticed an issue on the BB to GS tab that Yakuza Kiwami is showing up with a trade value but since it is not out yet (8/29 release) I think it is being confused for Yakuza 0 on the GS sku (which GS does not have the value up yet).
Thanks, I removed it. I will have to look into why it is doing that.

Anyone know if the 50% tech bonus and $20 tech bonus can be stacked?
is the $20 tech bonus a coupon? I ask because when they had the fine print listed for that promo (its gone now) it said coupon required. I have a bunch of old ipods that are only around $5 trade in but would love to get $25 for them.

is the $20 tech bonus a coupon? I ask because when they had the fine print listed for that promo (its gone now) it said coupon required. I have a bunch of old ipods that are only around $5 trade in but would love to get $25 for them.
it doesn't appear to be. It's a promo on the trade value page and there is no link to a coupon. Can't tell if there is any fine print such as a min. TIV value to trigger it.

$20 Extra Credit On Any:

Phone, Tablet, Media Player, or Wearable
when you trade at your local GameStop!
See terms & conditions below. Valid 5/1 - 7/31.

I guess the coupon glitch is fixed and I missed the boat by a day or so. Bummer because I only received 1 coupon.

Cant say I'm surprised considering we are only promised 1 per renewal.
When did you renew? I did it on Tuesday, and today I have 2 different b2g1 coupons simultaneously. I thought people are receiving 1 every day for 3 days straight, so maybe not fixed 100% yet.

Haven't gotten any of my offers for becoming a PRO and the three times that I've called, they just give me points. I don't know if I should be upset that I have to call or happy for the free points.

Anyone trade a phone or tablet today?

Curious if it's giving the 50% bonus automatically yet or if you still have to get a manual override?

I have 5 phones I want to trade in from my recent carrier switch, but my store wouldn't override for cash.

Curious if it's giving the 50% bonus automatically yet or if you still have to get a manual override?

I have 5 phones I want to trade in from my recent carrier switch, but my store wouldn't override for cash.

Did one yesterday...it's not automatic I had to remind her to put in a code

Blackbeard, could you please refresh the invetory sheet?

Thanks
I'm on it but just got to be patient as it can take up to 10-15 mins for each PID or SKU to process. I'm thinking about doubling the inventory threads from 8 to 16 but I'm worried it might cause more 504 errors because GS servers can't handle a lot of traffic at once.

If a game has a placeholder on the website, is it able to be pre-ordered in store?  Gonna go in to a location I pre-ordered Bomberman at (lol) and want to move it to another game I'm actually going to play.  Looking at Dead Island 2, which is listed as having a 12/31 release date, which is just a placeholder.

If a game has a placeholder on the website, is it able to be pre-ordered in store? Gonna go in to a location I pre-ordered Bomberman at (lol) and want to move it to another game I'm actually going to play. Looking at Dead Island 2, which is listed as having a 12/31 release date, which is just a placeholder.
Yes. That should work fine.

Does the Switch info sign up pre-order boost an employee's numbers?

This is the second time that the store manager has added it to my transaction. The first time I didn't care, but it is kind of annoying to have stick under my pre-orders. This second time I didn't notice until I left.

This is the second time that the store manager has added it to my transaction. The first time I didn't care, but it is kind of annoying to have stick under my pre-orders. This second time I didn't notice until I left.
Same thing is happening to me as well. Must count as a pre-order to them.

It used to but it doesn't anymore according to the GS Reddit, it was a loophole that corporate quickly fixed. That employee is clueless lol

WTF Gamestop!?
Ok, I ordered a bunch of Dreamcast games from their website cheap thanks to the free shipping (saver) and 16% off code (CAG16).

They literally just arrived in a standard box. Inside the box was a padded mailer envelope.. but the games were NOT in the envelope.. the envelope was wrapped around the stack of games.

Then the individual games were in sleeves, that were TAPED to their jewel cases.

2 games are cracked down the middle....... I don't know if it was due to shipping or were like this when shipped.....

5TPZiNO.jpg

Notice the game flipped over, their is a crack down the 1/4trh the friggan disc

WTF Gamestop!?
Ok, I ordered a bunch of Dreamcast games from their website cheap thanks to the free shipping (saver) and 16% off code (CAG16).

They literally just arrived in a standard box. Inside the box was a padded mailer envelope.. but the games were NOT in the envelope.. the envelope was wrapped around the stack of games.

Then the individual games were in sleeves, that were TAPED to their jewel cases.

2 games are cracked down the middle....... I don't know if it was due to shipping or were like this when shipped.....
That's the typical GS online order experience for me. High defective rate so test asap.

it use to count. next time have them take them off. it will hurt them as they count as cancelled preorders.

It says on BB's sheet that GTA IV Complete on XBONE/360 Best Buy to Gamestop is supposed to have a base of $15, but it looks like its not even on Gamestop's website for trade in and the PS3 one is like $3.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

There's your problem. Always expect the worst case scenario when ordering disc-based retro games on the website
There's your problem. Always expect the worst case scenario when ordering disc-based retro games on the website
"Zombies Revenge" which looks spotless, doesn't even work...

AhBwpEy.jpg

JvRjwlS.jpg

After 4+ tries of resetting it, putting the disc in.. etc etc.. it FINALLY ran Zombie's Revenge.

I am guessing they used their refurbish device on it, and the laser cannot read it correctly?

Even though it's now working, I am thinking I should return it.

Blue Stinger seems to be working fine, it started the moment I put it in. As I said the sleeve was TAPPED to the jewel case, inside a plastic baggy.. so it might be the only game of the lot that works.

Or should I say screw it and return the entire mess?

(Looking for honest opinions, I am feeling both burned AND pissed)

After 4+ tries of resetting it, putting the disc in.. etc etc.. it FINALLY ran Zombie's Revenge.

I am guessing they used their refurbish device on it, and the laser cannot read it correctly?

Blue Stinger seems to be working fine, it started the moment I put it in. As I said the sleeve was TAPPED to the jewel case, inside a plastic baggy.. so it might be the only game of the lot that works.

Sounds like they ran Zombie's Revenge through the DVD or BLU-RAY refurb machine which will kill Dreamcast games since they are GD-ROM.

Return anything that doesn't boot up the first time.

Store will accept your returns and reorder the games for you. Last few times I got the impression the stores are under orders to push reordering the games vs getting a refund. The clerk even threw in 1 day shipping. YMMV.

I returned 8 defective games last Friday evening. I got 8 replacements Tuesday. 5 of the replacements actually worked. 3 were defective. I returned those 3 for cash yesterday. Wasn't going to re-order again. Bonus: I made $50 on the 3-disc return. REceipt showed regular price from the re-orders. I'll take it.

Okay now I feel dumb: One has the word "Complete" in the title, the other doesn't.
Just FYI. I traded in this game today and when the employee scanned the barcode, it didn't come up in the system. But when he typed in the name of the game, he found it. So they might scan it and say it's not in their system. Just ask them to manually search for it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

it doesn't appear to be. It's a promo on the trade value page and there is no link to a coupon. Can't tell if there is any fine print such as a min. TIV value to trigger it.
$20 Extra Credit On Any: Phone, Tablet, Media Player, or Wearable
when you trade at your local GameStop!
See terms & conditions below. Valid 5/1 - 7/31.
So this works even on phones that are not in the system right? And we can get cash same as credit too?

And for phones in system, would it stack with the extra 50% and cash values are same as cash afterwards right? Or is it 1 or the other? It would be awesome if all 3 stacked o_O

Hmmm..So if not from the website, is there a way for u to find out all games that are tagged 4$20 at the end of their name/title? If I'm not mistaken, the previous time they offered this sale last year, the list printed at the store level just lists the games in stock at that particular store that are included in the sale and wouldn't list games that are oos at the store that the list was printed from.... ??

Just FYI. I traded in this game today and when the employee scanned the barcode, it didn't come up in the system. But when he typed in the name of the game, he found it. So they might scan it and say it's not in their system. Just ask them to manually search for it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
thanks for the heads up. hoping this doesn't cause a huge hassle if they try to ring it as the non complete version

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back