GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
God damnit.
I just bought $120 worth of Amazon GCs for $100ish cash, and of course I decide now to check up on this thread and find out that trade credit (of which I have $300) can all of a fucking sudden buy Amazon credit again.
It feels like every time I come in this thread, I drown in regret over not reading the thread sooner.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.
BB, how much would it cost for you to just message me the important info from this thread? :p

Anyway, what was the Horizon coupon for?

Anyone buy a copy of Until Dawn VR from Best Buy to flip?

coupon was $20 off new

we already traded in our limits of Until Dawn from the target clearance
Ah, so only worth it if you actually wanted to play the game anytime soon.

I'm jealous of all of you with good clearance sections at Target, not a single one in my area ever has anything decent.
Just got to keep my fingers crossed for a stealth bump + 50% then.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Sucks about that horizon coupon vanishing mid day. I was able to use my coupon at 2ish here on the west coast. Though unfortunately also tried to trade in my Iwatch again and this chick actually knew how to give me the 50 percent boost (unlike my last experience) but she would only give me the 80 base and not the 100 base. She wanted to trade it in as a gen 1 iwatch and not the series 1 which has a 20 dollar base difference. Not sure what a gen 1 iwatch is but I know Fo Sho mine is a series 1. I think now I'll try Craigslist after today. So difficult trying to trade in anything other than games with my locals stores.

Don't shoot the messanger if this one has already been posted...

XBox 360 Grand Theft Auto IV - $4.49 (If bought as part of 4/$20 with PUR)
XBox 360 GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City - $8.99 (Again, pre-owned with PUR)

etc... etc...
It's too bad someone mentioned in another thread that GTA IV The Complete Edition was on sale for $14.99 ($11.99 w/ GCU - direct link to post here). As I was typing this and about to post, the sale ended. That would have been a smoother flip.

It's too bad someone mentioned in another thread that GTA IV The Complete Edition was on sale for $14.99 ($11.99 w/ GCU - direct link to post here). As I was typing this and about to post, the sale ended. That would have been a smoother flip.
That sale ended ~15 minutes ago. Juuuuuuust missed it. :)

Side question / request for Mr. BB.......

Would it be possible to add a column to the 'GS and BB TIV Comparison' tab that would show the possible GS ---> BB values specifically when purchasing the games at GS with a B2G1 coupon? I know amazon cards are a go again (at least for now), but burning a B2G1 to get Best Buy credit does certainly still have advantages in many cases.
(I know I posted that request once before, but I didn't see a response and wanted to give it another shot.)
If I can do it without cluttering it too much.

That sale ended ~15 minutes ago. Juuuuuuust missed it. :)
Already raided best buys this week. Picked up 8 gta4 comp in my area and a few red deads since they were down to $12 for the complete also. Also got Best buy to Pm walmart on Terraria 3ds for $10 apiece trding in for $14.30 before bonus. On top of the extra Switches i found earlier this week.

Already raided best buys this week. Picked up 8 gta4 comp in my area and a few red deads since they were down to $12 for the complete also. Also got Best buy to Pm walmart on Terraria 3ds for $10 apiece trding in for $14.30 before bonus. On top of the extra Switches i found earlier this week.
Where do you see terraria for 10? I'm looking but can't find it.

Alan Wake inventory is hovering around 3,000 copies now, down from over 3,800 since the "delisting" and start of the 4 for $20.
It always makes we wonder when stores had stagnant amounts of such an old game why they don't simply unload all of em by bundling them off with every used 360 console purchase.

Are you able to tell how many used 360 consoles are bought, traded in, or in inventory in a given month, Blackbeard?

It always makes we wonder when stores had stagnant amounts of such an old game why they don't simply unload all of em by bundling them off with every used 360 console purchase.
Gotta remember there are 4500 gamestops in the US. 3800 copies isn't even 1 copy per store to begin with.

I think they do bundle games with old consoles once in awhile.

Gotta remember there are 4500 gamestops in the US. 3800 copies isn't even 1 copy per store to begin with.

I think they do bundle games with old consoles once in awhile.
There are 3,886 Gamestops the rest have closed or are Crickets, Thinkgeeks, or Simply Mac stores.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Got some games at a yardsale this morning for $1/each.

Wii U - Hyrule Warriors
3ds - Mario Kart 7, Pokemon Y
PS3 - Batman:Arkham City, Dynasty Warriors 7, Naruto Shippuden
Wii - SSB:Brawl, The Last Story
Also 2 Amiibos - Link & Star Fox

Trying to decide if best to trade in to Gamestop or to Amazon or sell online myself.

All are complete and in good used condition.
Link Smash Amiibo sells for $65 shipped on Amazon.

So, I will ask for your great and wise opinions once more!  I have about $100 in PayPal money and I want to convert it to GS credit... you guys think holding out for BB flips is worthwhile or snagging an eBay lot to trade in would be more profitable in general?  I don't have GCU so that is my main consideration.  Thanks!

So, I will ask for your great and wise opinions once more! I have about $100 in PayPal money and I want to convert it to GS credit... you guys think holding out for BB flips is worthwhile or snagging an eBay lot to trade in would be more profitable in general? I don't have GCU so that is my main consideration. Thanks!
Find some flips online during stealth bump coming up and tradem in for GS credit since its in paypal. Best bet is check early thurs-fri at the list so you getem by monday. Unless others have better credit laundering schemes. Lol

Find some flips online during stealth bump coming up and tradem in for GS credit since its in paypal. Best bet is check early thurs-fri at the list so you getem by monday. Unless others have better credit laundering schemes. Lol
Wouldnt be worth it as there is no mail on that monday with a holiday. So you would have to hope you somehow get them by saturday.

A whole new world opened up for me. Didn't know that I could use Amazon gift card credit to buy gift cards on Amazon. Just bought exact amount Domino's gift card. Guess I'll be doing a lot more Agnes top trades now that we can buy Amazon gift cards again for this.

A whole new world opened up for me. Didn't know that I could use Amazon gift card credit to buy gift cards on Amazon. Just bought exact amount Domino's gift card. Guess I'll be doing a lot more Agnes top trades now that we can buy Amazon gift cards again for this.
Don't say it openly too much then they'll stop that option ;)

Best believe ima go all out on Offer up when I get paid on Thursday. I might have to just ask one of my Family members to make an account so I wont pass my 2k limit.

I think GameStop sells dominoes gift cards too right? Or is it papa Johns I can't remember.

Best believe ima go all out on Offer up when I get paid on Thursday. I might have to just ask one of my Family members to make an account so I wont pass my 2k limit.
I'm looking through offer up now and all I see is fucking madden and shit that's overpriced. Any tips? I'm in Ny someone's got to have some decent deals. fuck!

I'm looking through offer up now and all I see is fucking madden and shit that's overpriced. Any tips? I'm in Ny someone's got to have some decent deals. fuck!
Pretty sure there should be. In my area there is alot good TIV games that are selling for 5-10 bucks and there is also over priced but willing to negotiate. Like last time i spent 20 for both ufc 2 and black ops 3. i dont have money atm to be throwing while waiting for stealth bump lol so I have to wait till come payday.

So looking at all the trade offer bonuses. The xbox one controller for 50 towards a xbox one elite controller makes me wonder if I can do that and use credit on the rest of it, then return it? So that I'd essentially get 50 credit for my trades in controller. Is that correct or do they stop that?

So looking at all the trade offer bonuses. The xbox one controller for 50 towards a xbox one elite controller makes me wonder if I can do that and use credit on the rest of it, then return it? So that I'd essentially get 50 credit for my trades in controller. Is that correct or do they stop that?
Once you get the credit bump locked in for the transaction you will get the exact amount that was used for the purchase back (including tax where credit is taxed) if you decide to return said item.

Make it easier on yourself and always ask for a gift receipt; gift receipts don't show the details of the transaction on them which will get Jr detectives to leave you the fuck alone at face value.

I just went to look up the value of the Black Dualshock 4 on Gamestop's website and it said "N/A". There were values for the other colors but not for the black. Does this mean they aren't excepting them?

So how long is it taking points to go onto your account now? I did multiple transactions last week starting on Wednesday and haven't seen a single point added to my balance yet.

I just went to look up the value of the Black Dualshock 4 on Gamestop's website and it said "N/A". There were values for the other colors but not for the black. Does this mean they aren't excepting them?
They may be "excepting" them for you and "accepting" them for everyone else. :)

J/K

It is most likely just a glitch in the website, as the app lists black DS4 as $24.50 Base TIV.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for a noob. I read through the FAQ on this topic and the original (found that first which lead me here) and I think I have the jist of how this works. I havent set foot in a gamestop in about 15 or so years but am going to start  a pro membership today. Any suggestions on what to invest in atm to get me started? I have about 50 or so dollars to spare.

Also whats the points thing Im reading that you shouldnt go over. Is that 1 transaction or the total on your memebership?

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for a noob. I read through the FAQ on this topic and the original (found that first which lead me here) and I think I have the jist of how this works. I havent set foot in a gamestop in about 15 or so years but am going to start a pro membership today. Any suggestions on what to invest in atm to get me started? I have about 50 or so dollars to spare.

Also whats the points thing Im reading that you shouldnt go over. Is that 1 transaction or the total on your memebership?
You kind of need to experiment and read to be honest. Go look at the sheets on page 1 of the FAQ. Blackbeard updates them and they'll show what's a good money maker. Hit up your local target for clearance items. This weekend istyoicslly a big trade bump. So hold things till then for max value.

Pretty sure there should be. In my area there is alot good TIV games that are selling for 5-10 bucks and there is also over priced but willing to negotiate. Like last time i spent 20 for both ufc 2 and black ops 3. i dont have money atm to be throwing while waiting for stealth bump lol so I have to wait till come payday.
I just looked at the site. Looks like some good deals to be had, but also assclowns like this: https://offerup.com/item/detail/279064018/?ref=Search&event_source=srch{}

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back