GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirm how the 50 percent on tech or the extra 20 credit work. My local gamestop kept telling me that the estimate on the website includes all promos, im trying to sell a $25 value tablet and a $10 ipod was planing on getting 50 percent extra on tablet for cash and and 20 credit on ipod.

Can anyone confirm how the 50 percent on tech or the extra 20 credit work. My local gamestop kept telling me that the estimate on the website includes all promos, im trying to sell a $25 value tablet and a $10 ipod was planing on getting 50 percent extra on tablet for cash and and 20 credit on ipod.
They're wrong, estimates don't include the bonus. I traded a tablet with 55$ estimate in the app and got 82.50 after the 50% bonus.

Is there a way to tell them how thanks for the reply, im going to another gamestop to see how it goes
From reading r/gamestop, they should check GSO for instructions on these promos. It'll say in there what they should be doing.

Or you can just go over their stupid heads and ask for the DL's phone number. Have their DL school them.

From reading r/gamestop, they should check GSO for instructions on these promos. It'll say in there what they should be doing.

Or you can just go over their stupid heads and ask for the DL's phone number. Have their DL school them.
And he call himself the store supervisor

Is there a way to tell them how thanks for the reply, im going to another gamestop to see how it goes
I don't think the 50% on electronics comes up automatically. I think there is some barcode the associate needs to scan.
Yeah the 50% bonus definitely doesn't ring up automatically. It's going to be dependent on your GameStop employees knowing the process. On my receipt the bonus is listed under "promotion not found".

BB is it easy for you to refresh a tab you removed? I'm thinking of hunting down a limited 3ds xl you had but not until August when I go to Cali, so I don't need to know until then. I know it's there when you last had the tab up and i'm not in a rush.

BB is it easy for you to refresh a tab you removed? I'm thinking of hunting down a limited 3ds xl you had but not until August when I go to Cali, so I don't need to know until then. I know it's there when you last had the tab up and i'm not in a rush.
Yes, I don't remove them they are just hidden.

I just picked up my utewarerumono for PS4 and the preorder art book was bundled with the game inside an outer box and then plastic wrapped. Unfortunately none of my stores have any extra Vita copies. Do you think it would still come with the art book if I ordered a Vita copy off GS.com today?

Gamestop managers are the best. I went in today to pick up $100 of PSN credit with the Gamestop gift card I got from the ebay deal. As he's ringing me up he asks me "What are you planning on doing with these?". I say "buy games". He goes "any game in particular because you would be better off buying it preowned through us". I said "No thank you. I'll stick with the PSN credit.". After the transaction he does the usual spiel about the survey but adds on something I've never heard before. "Giving me a perfect score is not only good for me but good for you because with a lot of perfect scores we can become a premiere store and then we get rarer items in stock and have more sales." 

Gamestop managers are the best. I went in today to pick up $100 of PSN credit with the Gamestop gift card I got from the ebay deal. As he's ringing me up he asks me "What are you planning on doing with these?". I say "buy games". He goes "any game in particular because you would be better off buying it preowned through us". I said "No thank you. I'll stick with the PSN credit.". After the transaction he does the usual spiel about the survey but adds on something I've never heard before. "Giving me a perfect score is not only good for me but good for you because with a lot of perfect scores we can become a premiere store and then we get rarer items in stock and have more sales."
Well at least he found an original way to ask "please give me a perfect score" 😂

I've been told the same thing. I think they call it a "prestige" store where they get more exclusive items.

I just think to myself "Meh, potato / potahto..."

Thats true according to employees on reddit but I think COL factors into it too.

Question for our GameStop employees.........

Unless there is a recent update I'm not aware of, we know same-day purchases cannot be viewed on your point-of-sale computers. What about same day pre-orders? If an item has money put on it earlier in the day, is that visible on another store's computer later in the same day, or not until the next day?

Question for our GameStop employees.........

Unless there is a recent update I'm not aware of, we know same-day purchases cannot be viewed on your point-of-sale computers. What about same day pre-orders? If an item has money put on it earlier in the day, is that visible on another store's computer later in the same day, or not until the next day?
I'm not an employee but this happened to me last 2 stealth bumps. I went into one store to put 5 on mk8 then to another store to trade in same copies agian for mk8 but the guy was like it looks like you already have mk8 preorder at a different store so I said ohhh persona 5 then lol. So I guess same day.

So a local target is overflowing with clearance games. Problem is the store is a nightmare and half of the prices arnt right. Damnit target get your shit together!
Is there not a scanner nearby on an end cap? Last month I just loaded a handcart with games, scanned each one, looked up TIV on GS app, then did mental math to make sure it was worth buying to flip (75% or more positive.)

Sadly the store I raided last month is out of flips & so are all the others nearby. Only option was a LEGO Jurassic PS4 I paid Target $10 for. I also have a physical BLOPS 2 on 360 as I bought the download on sale.

It will be interesting to see if Overwatch PS4 will be a good flip this weekend.

shipping is a killer from gamefly for single game purchases as well, no way it would be here before next week. even multiple game purchases get upgraded to faster shipping but you would probably be lucky to get it delivered by saturday.
Their sale starting today has free shipping but doubtful it arrives by Saturday since Monday is a holiday.

Blackbeard: longshot but do any stores still have one of these collecting dust on their shelves?

https://m.gamestop.com/product/accessories/fighting-commander-4-controller/123451

I would think they would remove products without used versions if they have zero stock and no plans to restock, because the item isn't produced anymore.
I just sold mine for $60 shipped (used) on Amazon as Injustice 2 used PS3 sticks & I don't care that DoA doesn't & that's the only PS4 fighting game (other than Injustice 1 but who cares now) that doesn't use PS3 sticks.

Is there not a scanner nearby on an end cap? Last month I just loaded a handcart with games, scanned each one, looked up TIV on GS app, then did mental math to make sure it was worth buying to flip (75% or more positive.)

Sadly the store I raided last month is out of flips & so are all the others nearby. Only option was a LEGO Jurassic PS4 I paid Target $10 for. I also have a physical BLOPS 2 on 360 as I bought the download on sale.

It will be interesting to see if Overwatch PS4 will be a good flip this weekend.
Yeah there's an end ap the issue is just nothing ever gets marked down. Like farm sim 15 has been the same price for months.

Anyone get in on the $40 Watch Dogs 2/Blue Yeti bundle? Dead now but happy I got 1 order in.
I saw it on the front page of SD and I already knew I was too late

I believe it was supposed to be $140 - $50 once in your cart, but they accidentally already had discounted it to $80 on their page.

It's been $90 for a while, funny that they were gonna raise the price and try to give it a "discount"
I've seen it go from $90 to $140 for a while and decided to bite. I ain't mad at $90 when the mic alone is more. Hoping to find someone who wants to trade for watch_dogs and really even out.

I think i saw someone mention it in this thread. Can we use Amazon gc to buy other gift cards on Amazon(like rain forest cafe)? Might have to cash out some credit if so.

Wow, I ordered a $100 gs gift card on Amazon a few days ago with free 1-day shipping, but the shipment was delayed so Amazon sent a replacement and gave me a refund. The original just arrived. I just got $200 of free gamestop money. Time to go buy some Amazon gift cards lol...

Wow, I ordered a $100 gs gift card on Amazon a few days ago with free 1-day shipping, but the shipment was delayed so Amazon sent a replacement and gave me a refund. The original just arrived. I just got $200 of free gamestop money. Time to go buy some Amazon gift cards lol...
Lucky! Ordered fire emblem echoes limited edition on Saturday with no rush shipping, decided to try to cancel that night, got a email saying it was too late and it showed up Sunday morning in a box, surprised me. Returned it to GameStop though since that's easier then returning to Amazon and bought a 2nd Pro controller on the Switch so now we don't have to split the joycons when we play 3 players.

The manager opened up the limited edition when I did the return, really sad to watch since it came from Amazon in mint condition only to watch this guy who has to get on both his knees to use his register.

Good Morning blackbeard,
Could you possibly refresh the sheet if you are awake? Trying to see if the store has one before they open
Stores are not getting shipments of these hours before they open. They get them around 10:30 am to 1:30pm local time when UPS shows up.

Quick estimate shows it is the same as yesterday still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So I've bought my fill of Alan Wakes, GTA IVs, and BLOPS 2... Do you guys think any of the other 4/$20 games are worthwhile to pick up as flips?  I'm only really knowledgeable about Nintendo stuff.  I did grab a copy of Gears/RR but haven't had a chance to hunt for more yet.  Debating what else to get along with Gears/RR for another set of 4 or 8.

Here's a flip for you:
Buy 2 black ops 2 and 2 black ops 1 (both ps3) and trade both 1&2 as combo towards a game with 40/50% extra bonus. That's $18 / $23(with $5 coupon). So that's like double your money. Also black ops 1 is $5 only so you can get other games you want from 4/$20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back