GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a call from Store manager and got a lecture saying I abused the GameStop system NOT BECUASE I traded or used the power trade bonus

They called me becuase I bought over $400 dollars worth of merchandise and received 8 free games with the b2g1 coupon. The Sales associate was scared for unknown reasons and alerted his higher up

SM said LP was looking into the transaction.

I told him it was MY RIGHT to buy whatever I wanted with MY MONEY

I haven't traded anything back either. All of this just from a PURCHASE and a scared jr detective

Cant stand this company

I'm about to flip, cash out my points, and cancel every last preorder I have... on top of negative surveys

Amazon and BB from now on
Everyone knows their days are numbered. This kind of customer hating behavior is just going to get worse because these tryhards who love the company and think they are "saving GameStop" by investigating this stuff are going to be the only ones left.

They are just hastening their demise by acting like this. Flipping can be good for them but lately their values have definitely been skewed towards too high on the highest value games. I think we still would be flipping plants vs zombies and nba2k17 if they gave "only $25" or something but when it's over $30 it's kind of outrageous.

I'd be curious to see how many of these consistent stealth bump games actually go up, then back down again in stock after a stealth bump. If they truly are selling big numbers of these games GameStop is making money off us. There's no reason store managers should be going outside of the stated policies to shut down flippers.

Anyone think GS stock will drop below $21? Sales are down and Im wondering if there swith bundles are selling? I dont own the stock but i might jump in if it drops below 20.
Finally, someone with a question other than "how do I get 40% bonus?"

Sales are probably down because physical is down. GS needs to start making Redbox-style kiosks where people can buy digital download codes or something.

Anyone think GS stock will drop below $21? Sales are down and Im wondering if there swith bundles are selling? I dont own the stock but i might jump in if it drops below 20.
Unless the north Koreans somehow permanently disable the North American internet infrastructure I don't see the stock moving upward in any meaningful or long term way ever again. GameStop either has to transform into a much smaller business or it will stop existing in 5-7 years.

Physical is way down and BB is up....wonder why? haha..Im not saying BB is making profits by selling video games but GS is losing physical sales to BB and Amazon. Seems they are making money from retro and i think their promos might get a little more agressive (at least I hope).

I don't want to scare the crap out of anyone. Hopefully I'm the only person who just got a text alert from USPS that my delivery with 6 copies of PvZ is now delayed until Tuesday. Amazon.com still shows the delivery date as today, but USPS.com shows Tuesday. I'd buy some at BB if my stores had any stock. 

The USPS tracking says the package arrived at the "Hub" in my city this morning. Does anyone think that is the main branch of the post office? Has anyone had any experience going to the post office and picking up a delivery with just ID and tracking number? The main branch is one of the nice ones that's open on Sunday here. 

Edit: Nevermind, I can see from the zipcode that it's at the little crappy post office that isn't open Sundays. 

I don't want to scare the crap out of anyone. Hopefully I'm the only person who just got a text alert from USPS that my delivery with 6 copies of PvZ is now delayed until Tuesday. Amazon.com still shows the delivery date as today, but USPS.com shows Tuesday. I'd buy some at BB if my stores had any stock.
Not surprising. Busy mail weekend with all of those PvZ2 orders.

Walmart should have PvZ2 in stock. It's a Walmart edition but the UPC rings up fine at GS.

Not surprising. Busy mail weekend with all of those PvZ2 orders.

Walmart should have PvZ2 in stock. It's a Walmart edition but the UPC rings up fine at GS.
Thanks for this information. I don't really have the money to spend at Walmart and it would suck if I couldn't return the Amazon copies to Walmart Tuesday if the UPC is different.

At least I only spent amazon credit. Even if they trade for $15 again, that's not terrible for me with the $5 coupon. It's better than what I did a couple weeks ago which was buy a $100 GS giftcard with Amazon credit.

Thanks for all the community info. I was able to cover half my trip to Cancun by converting GS credit to Amazon and then to Airbnb Gift cards. Going to make more flips today to cover the plane tickets.

Physical is way down and BB is up....wonder why? haha..Im not saying BB is making profits by selling video games but GS is losing physical sales to BB and Amazon. Seems they are making money from retro and i think their promos might get a little more agressive (at least I hope).
Best Buy isn't making much by selling games at cost.

The USPS tracking says the package arrived at the "Hub" in my city this morning. Does anyone think that is the main branch of the post office? Has anyone had any experience going to the post office and picking up a delivery with just ID and tracking number? The main branch is one of the nice ones that's open on Sunday here.

Edit: Nevermind, I can see from the zipcode that it's at the little crappy post office that isn't open Sundays.
The second half of my order was also delayed til Tuesday, X2 PVZ and X2 NBA. My BB is out of PVZ but I was able to get the NBa's. Not sure if I should keep the amazon games for next month or send them back

So a store near me has 9 games I'm wanting to use a B2G1 on, including Pokemon HG and SS. I'm hoping there are no jr. detectives there today. Also hoping they dont force me to put the entirety of my trade bonus towards the pre-order. Theres already one store that does that here, don't want to run out of options haha

So a store near me has 9 games I'm wanting to use a B2G1 on, including Pokemon HG and SS. I'm hoping there are no jr. detectives there today. Also hoping they dont force me to put the entirety of my trade bonus towards the pre-order. Theres already one store that does that here, don't want to run out of options haha
maybe trade something in and make the same purchase together?

If anyone really wants to do more flipping today best buy's weekly sales are offering some nice choices

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/games-evn31656?cp=1&searchType=promo&st=games-evn31656

Mafia 3 PS4 and xbone is $19.99 (gcu) and trades for $17.50 base ($24.50 with 40%)

NBA 2k17 PS3 + 360 is $15.99 and trades for $25 base

WWE 2k17 360 is 15.99 and trades for $17.50 base (NOT ps3 version, much lower TIV)

you'd pay $88+tax for those games and get $143.50 for them.  Not a bad $50 profit, but i'm gonna pass since I barely buy anything at GS anymore and its 10 miles to my best buy.

So I know that you can group up items on the B2G1 coupon and do 3/6/9 and get 1/2/3 free accordingly. My question is, is it smart about giving you the right ones free like example 2, or should I avoid putting cheap games in my stack to avoid example 1? Also, should I have them scan the coupon before or after? Want to buff up my Vita collection so there's going to be a wide range of prices.

Example 1:

Buy 25 25 25 10 10 10 = 10 10 free

or

Buy 25 25 25 10 10 10 = 10 25 free

So I know that you can group up items on the B2G1 coupon and do 3/6/9 and get 1/2/3 free accordingly. My question is, is it smart about giving you the right ones free like example 2, or should I avoid putting cheap games in my stack to avoid example 1? Also, should I have them scan the coupon before or after? Want to buff up my Vita collection so there's going to be a wide range of prices.

Example 1:
or
The answer is on the FAQ on the first page :)

Finally, someone with a question other than "how do I get 40% bonus?"

Sales are probably down because physical is down. GS needs to start making Redbox-style kiosks where people can buy digital download codes or something.
I thought you were going to say they should start renting games when you mentioned Redbox. That would actually make sense since all the major consoles use Blu-ray as the standard, making the discs almost impervious to accidental damage. The 4 for $20 promo included Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield Hardline, Dragon Age, and Evil Within all for Xbox One. Instead of selling them for a fiver apiece, they can charge that much for a week-long rental. It would be great for soccer moms and people who don't want to download 50GB at a time to play a game.

They should make me a Gamestop executive. My idea can't be much worse than what theirs are already.

Example 1:
or
Just have them scan your coupon at anytime. Stop making this super complicated.

Anyone know how strict the 4 games per platform per month thing is? I was wanting to get rid of a few extra games but I don't feel like getting banned on my first real trip.

Went back for another $50-$100 flip with the nba2k17 and xcom on xb1. Bought rime and rebought uncharted collection. They gave me a shitty redbox disc with label damage.. gotta go back later.

Has anyone tried to get the bonus for preordering Morrowwind, MXGP, or Stormblood?
Your can't preorder games that have already been released.

Edit: Sorry I didn't realize there was a new list. I'm going to go ahead and keep doing what I do best here and keep lurking.

It probably will, but just as easily could go back to $30. 7% dividend is hopefully safe.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/?symbol=bats:gme

I own some GME stock, and the problem is Wall Street thinks future gaming is going to be all digital purchases like Oculus Rift games.

Wall Street ignores Main Street, who wants to shop at Gamestop to get physical media that holds some value. With the U.S.'s population growth, and loyal current gaming generations Gamestop is well positioned for the future in my opinion.

That's not to say areas with 3 Gamestop stores within a mile of each other won't scale back to maximize economies of scale.

Friday WS had a temper tantrum Gamestop wouldn't forecast that the Switch demand would keep up indefinitely, will not see revenue this year from delayed Red Dead Redemption 2, and maintained annual guidance.

Has anyone tried to get the bonus for preordering Morrowwind, MXGP, or Stormblood?
Your can't preorder games that have already been released.
giphy.gif

It probably will, but just as easily could go back to $30. 7% dividend is hopefully safe.
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/?symbol=bats:gme

I own some GME stock, and the problem is Wall Street thinks future gaming is going to be all digital purchases like Oculus Rift games.

Wall Street ignores Main Street, who wants to shop at Gamestop to get physical media that holds some value. With the U.S.'s population growth, and loyal current gaming generations Gamestop is well positioned for the future in my opinion.

That's not to say areas with 3 Gamestop stores within a mile of each other won't scale back to maximize economies of scale.

Friday WS had a temper tantrum Gamestop wouldn't forecast that the Switch demand would keep up indefinitely, will not see revenue this year from delayed Red Dead Redemption 2, and maintained annual guidance.
I think youve got your head in the sand if you don't think that physical games are the minority of game purchases already and won't continue to shrink.

Already ran into trouble at my first stop this morning. Bought two copies of PvZ2 at Best Buy, the lady says "hmmm are these gifts? I hope you aren't reselling these..."

I think youve got your head in the sand if you don't think that physical games are the minority of game purchases already and won't continue to shrink.
i know all the statistics say 75% of game sales are digital now, but I really wonder how much that is skewered by mobile game data. the install base and number of sales are so much higher, plus they are 100% digital. also, it seems like everywhere i look they include season passes and dlc which are digital only to begin with. I would like to see the numbers for base game sales for consoles only, i would think physical is alot closer in that regard.

If you don't have GCU, you're doing it wrong, so wrong.

GCU is $30 and would save you $4 off per copy on the $19.99 sale games. Eight $4 savings and you've just made $2. Three $60 retail games purchases in a year, it's paid for itself with $12 off $60 games.
I agree. I use Amazon for 80% of my purchases including games. So even though i already know that GCU is better, don't feel the need of getting it atm. Maybe in the near future.

Don't bother man. These fools will argue about their spending habits and how it doesn't make sense for them in particular, blah blah blah.

Just let them subsidize the rest of us.
Whoa there cowboy, i never disagreed. We all know that GCU is the better membership here. Don't jump to conclusions just because other people don't know how it'll benefit them in the long run. ;) ;)

I'll never understand why retail employees give a shit what we do with the products we buy from their stores. Why that person would care what you do with PvZ GW2 makes no sense who cares if you're reselling! BBY sells it at a certain price you want to buy and you're buying it. Why do they try and probe deeper than that lmao

If anyone really wants to do more flipping today best buy's weekly sales are offering some nice choices

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/games-evn31656?cp=1&searchType=promo&st=games-evn31656

Mafia 3 PS4 and xbone is $19.99 (gcu) and trades for $17.50 base ($24.50 with 40%)

NBA 2k17 PS3 + 360 is $15.99 and trades for $25 base

WWE 2k17 360 is 15.99 and trades for $17.50 base (NOT ps3 version, much lower TIV)

you'd pay $88+tax for those games and get $143.50 for them. Not a bad $50 profit, but i'm gonna pass since I barely buy anything at GS anymore and its 10 miles to my best buy.
Thanks. That's some good stuff, especially if you're driving right by a Best Buy store anyway like I am about to do. I just wish there were some GS => BB credit transfers.

I'll never understand why retail employees give a shit what we do with the products we buy from their stores. Why that person would care what you do with PvZ GW2 makes no sense who cares if you're reselling! BBY sells it at a certain price you want to buy and you're buying it. Why do they try and probe deeper than that lmao
Thank you! This was my thought exactly lol I'm giving your store business and flooding GameStop with games you're trying to get rid of. What does it matter?

Already ran into trouble at my first stop this morning. Bought two copies of PvZ2 at Best Buy, the lady says "hmmm are these gifts? I hope you aren't reselling these..."
It always blows me away how much people care wtf anyone else is doing. When I worked retail idgaf what or how many of anything anyone was buying. You could walk up with 100 packs of gum and I wouldn't question it because I don't fucking care.

so are you guys buying the game to get the promo bonus and then return them?

are you guys getting resistance from GS employee when you try to return the game (you purchase to get the bonus)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back