GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
for those that have pawn shops or thrift shops, do you generally have luck finding good games? I've actually never been to one my whole life and it's always in some shady looking area. but I see two stores not too far away

Just as an FYI, and maybe this is usually the case, but pre-ordering Final Fantasy XIV Complete on PC did not trigger the bonus.  In hindsight this makes perfect sense but I thought at the time it would be included since it is primarily a Stormblood release.  Anyways, I ended up adding a pre-order of Morrowind on PS4 to get the bonus but now I have an extra $5 tied up in pre-orders lol.  Don't be me.

If you knew there wasn't a 20% promo for trading towards Destiny 2 then why did you ask?
My main store has a laminated sheet of games that give a 20% bonus when you pre-order them, but they aren't listed on the website and they haven't worked without an over-ride. I'm not sure where it came from.

for those that have pawn shops or thrift shops, do you generally have luck finding good games? I've actually never been to one my whole life and it's always in some shady looking area. but I see two stores not too far away
I rarely find interesting games and when I do they are priced too high. Blu-ray movies, however...

I thought Wii sports club was consistently around $30 base. This is the lowest it's been in a while.
This game seems to have fallen in price overall. There's been a copy at my local GS for $44 (?) For months now. I sold it a few months back with the ebay bonus $20 for $85.

I've never been one in my whole life either coz they're always in some shady looking areas too hahahaha... I do see people posting about those random yard sales people have at their houses that people have scored great games for flipping for like $1 each or something totally crazy like that, lol I guess more of a "moving sale" in that case...

I've never been to a yard sale either, feels kind of intrusive in the owner's personal bubble lol, I know it's silly coz they're having a yard sale & bazillion ppl are gonna show up & invade their yard/house looking at stuff lolol but this is a stranger's house! eeek lol I wonder if anyone's ever became a missing person after hitting up a yard sale o_O I guess I watch too many horror movies XD

So.... for those of you with multiple accounts: do u pay with different forms of payment too? Like different trade cards or the nonetraceable gift cards or do u still use the same tradecards on all ur accounts? o_O

I've never been one in my whole life either coz they're always in some shady looking areas too hahahaha... I do see people posting about those random yard sales people have at their houses that people have scored great games for flipping for like $1 each or something totally crazy like that, lol I guess more of a "moving sale" in that case...

I've never been to a yard sale either, feels kind of intrusive in the owner's personal bubble lol, I know it's silly coz they're having a yard sale & bazillion ppl are gonna show up & invade their yard/house looking at stuff lolol but this is a stranger's house! eeek lol I wonder if anyone's ever became a missing person after hitting up a yard sale o_O I guess I watch too many horror movies XD

So.... for those of you with multiple accounts: do u pay with different forms of payment too? Like different trade cards or the nonetraceable gift cards or do u still use the same tradecards on all ur accounts? o_O
what i do is 1st pro account buy games with it, never trade games using it. 2nd pro account use to trade games and put credit on trade card. By doing this employees arent able to see that you purchased games to flip, since its different accounts. also had my brother make my 1st account, so its different names and they never need to see id when making purchases :)

what i do is 1st pro account buy games with it, never trade games using it. 2nd pro account use to trade games and put credit on trade card. By doing this employees arent able to see that you purchased games to flip, since its different accounts. also had my brother make my 1st account, so its different names and they never need to see id when making purchases :)
It might be wise to PM these types of discussions and not leave them out in the open. Or one day you'll go to trade and need ID for everything, "new company policy", after some corporate type reads these posts. Even if you not flipping/trading do you really want lamestop and it's great database security to have your DL numbers stored in it if such can be avoided?

Pawn shops are usually hit or miss for me. There's a good amount in my area, and usually their 360/PS3 games are priced good but new gen is kinda taxed. Can still find some very good deals, usually YMMV though.

Also, this thread is very much worth checking once a day. Sometimes a good flip pops up or a good "deal" happens once in a while.

Pawn shops are usually hit or miss for me. There's a good amount in my area, and usually their 360/PS3 games are priced good but new gen is kinda taxed. Can still find some very good deals, usually YMMV though.

Also, this thread is very much worth checking once a day. Sometimes a good flip pops up or a good "deal" happens once in a while.
The more often people are checking this thread, the less likely they are to skip hundreds of posts and ask unnecessary questions.

Just really depends. Chain pawn shops know what they're doing when it comes to pricing, but I've even caught them slipping before. Independent Pawn shops can be great because sometimes they have such a mass of games that they price all games at a flat-rate, or several different tiers. Other places are more savvy will do their due diligence when accepting video games, and they likely then overprice that particular item. Theyre worth stopping by, and you'll figure it out right away if it's a place worth visiting again.

Welp, my flipping just got me in trouble with a Gamestop manager.

I went in to buy Star Wars Kinect just to have a dumb game around the house.

I saw it was on the 4 for $20 deal, and decided to use that to my advantage to buy 3 other games that I could trade in to get most, if not all the money back I was spending.

I know the workers and manager due to being a regular at the store, and after the transaction they told me to enjoy my games, I mentioned I'd be trading them back as soon as I was done with them.

Before I could say anything else.. the Manager of the store stopped me and said they cannot allow it. I can NOT trade the games I just purchased on the 4 for $20 back in, since it is taking advantage of the store policies and they are now instructing their workers to not allow me to trade these games in. They cannot sell me games so that I can turn around and make a profit off them

Annoyed, I left and went to the closest store (one town over)... the manager from the first store had called ahead, and warned them I may be trying to trade games in and told them not to let it happen. The manager called all the closest stores so.. now I am kinda screwed.

Their reasoning is simple, the district manager of the area is cracking down on flippers and people who take advantage of the stores.

It's my fault for opening my big mouth.

When thrifting, it's always good to go during the middle part of the week. On the weekends, people descend on those places like locusts, especially Goodwill.

I know the workers and manager due to being a regular at the store, and after the transaction they told me to enjoy my games, I mentioned I'd be trading them back as soon as I was done with them.

Before I could say anything else.. the Manager of the store stopped me and said they cannot allow it. I can NOT trade the games I just purchased on the 4 for $20 back in, since it is taking advantage of the store policies and they are now instructing their workers to not allow me to trade these games in. They cannot sell me games so that I can turn around and make a profit off them

Annoyed, I left and went to the closest store (one town over)... the manager from the first store had called ahead, and warned them I may be trying to trade games in and told them not to let it happen. The manager called all the closest stores so.. now I am kinda screwed.

Their reasoning is simple, the district manager of the area is cracking down on flippers and people who take advantage of the stores.

Stupid is as stupid does

Cause, I am an idiot... and they know I trade things in regularly.
I did say I was going to trade them in AFTER I finished them, to make it sound like I WAS going to play them.
Sounds like the manager is just an ass. You're describing exactly the behavior that GS generally wants from their customers. Buy games, play them, trade them. WTF does the manager expect from you?

Sounds like the manager is just an ass. You're describing exactly the behavior that GS generally wants from their customers. Buy games, play them, trade them. WTF does the manager expect from you?
True, but I am a known flipper/trader and these items were bought on special.

Also as I said, they specifically mentioned how their district manager was watching/cracking down on certain purchasing/trading behaviors. Specifically flipping and people taking advantage of store policies.

I honestly, was just trying to have polite conversation.

No reason to tell GameStop employees anything. If you absolutely have to talk during a transaction, make the conversation about them - their favorite subject.

Exactly!! Isn't that the whole "circle of life" crap? I guess it's only OK to do when they can give you 10 cents for a 59.99 game and resell it for 54.99.

No reason to tell GameStop employees anything. If you absolutely have to talk during a transaction, make the conversation about them - their favorite subject.
As I said, I know some of them on a more personal/friend level than just someone I have business transactions with.

Not hang out with, but stop and talk if we see each other outside of the store.

It's also scary how well the area knows me.

I was looking for an item, and it was at a store I've never been to before.. so the manager (same manager in question) called up the store "Hey Jiryn is looking for this game... says you have it! Good, hold it for him!"

They knew who I was as soon as I walked in...

I went in to buy Star Wars Kinect just to have a dumb game around the house.

I saw it was on the 4 for $20 deal, and decided to use that to my advantage to buy 3 other games that I could trade in to get most, if not all the money back I was spending.

Wow, I think I've seen the high water mark for dumbassery for the day.

Your mistake was not opening your big mouth, it was jamming your foot in there up to the hip by saying you'd be trading the games back in. Even more so for doing in the same place you bought them from.

Cause, I am an idiot... and they know I trade things in regularly.
I did say I was going to trade them in AFTER I finished them, to make it sound like I WAS going to play them.
Yeah, we need to keep that for posterity's sake.

Stupid is as stupid does
I think that covers it.

I am at a loss for words.
Never be at a loss for words, just reminded yourself that it wasn't you who pulled that super bonehead move.

As I said, I know them from being a regular and even on more friendly level.

I was being polite and honest, which yea sometimes is not the best policy. Better to keep my mouth shut, something I direly need to learn.
We'll just leave this one here for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC1yHLp9bWA

True, but I am a known flipper/trader and these items were bought on special.

Also as I said, they specifically mentioned how their district manager was watching/cracking down on certain purchasing/trading behaviors. Specifically flipping and people taking advantage of store policies.

I honestly, was just trying to have polite conversation.
You now just put a huge target on your back for the DM to pass your account onto to RLP. I'd be surprised if you weren't already banned for 90 days either today or by the end of the week. Your account was likely passed along to RLP for review and I'm sure the DM put some nice notes on that pass if he's cracking down on the boomeranging and the like. Try to trade something else in a few day's time, I'd be pretty confident you're going to be in a time out.

I always have polite conversation with the store reps when I'm trading stuff in, though you have to use your brain for something other than balance weight for your feet when you do so.

As I said, I know some of them on a more personal/friend level than just someone I have business transactions with.
Not hang out with, but stop and talk if we see each other outside of the store.
You might just be a friendly person and that's fine, but I personally don't make a habit of striking up conversations with strangers who work at the stores that I frequent nor would I do it at a retail chain that is basically giving away free money to its customers based on one of its own policies. But to each his own.

Wow, I think I've seen the high water mark for dumbassery for the day.

Your mistake was not opening your big mouth, it was jamming your foot in there up to the hip by saying you'd be trading the games back in. Even more so for doing in the same place you bought them from.

Yeah, we need to keep that for posterity's sake.

I think that covers it.

Never be at a loss for words, just reminded yourself that it wasn't you who pulled that super bonehead move.

We'll just leave this one here for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC1yHLp9bWA

You now just put a huge target on your back for the DM to pass your account onto to RLP. I'd be surprised if you weren't already banned for 90 days either today or by the end of the week. Your account was likely passed along to RLP for review and I'm sure the DM put some nice notes on that pass if he's cracking down on the boomeranging and the like. Try to trade something else in a few day's time, I'd be pretty confident you're going to be in a time out.

I always have polite conversation with the store reps when I'm trading stuff in, though you have to use your brain for something other than balance weight for your feet when you do so.
I fully admit it's my fault.

It's one of those times I realized I shouldn't have said it the moment I said it... it's just one of those screw ups you know.

We all make stupid, bone headed mistakes from time to time.

They may not report me to their DM, but I do respect them to the extent they were just protecting their job and employment so I am not really mad at them, more in myself.

I've not flipped or really traded anything in quite a while, so I might still be good.

May last few trades in the last 90s days were just games I had lying around that I could trade in for more then they were being sold for digitally.. so I'd buy the digital copy and trade the game in.

Depends on pawn laws / area. I used to find good stuff all the time in Texas, but California pawn shops are crap.

You might just be a friendly person and that's fine, but I personally don't make a habit of striking up conversations with strangers who work at the stores that I frequent nor would I do it at a retail chain that is basically giving away free money to its customers based on one of its own policies. But to each his own.
A bit too open and friendly, I tend to say way more than I need to at any moment and enjoy striking up a conversation with people on just random things.

I'm sadly the type of person who is regularly told to shut up....

New England area....
giphy.gif

I hate the clients that do this...
Least I have the common sense to not hold them up if I see a line, or if they are busy. I try to get through as quickly as possible, it's usually only on slow moments.

Also, I hate people who talk during movies at the theater, period.

I've snapped at my friends for leaning in to say/make jokes when I am trying to enjoy the show.

A bit too open and friendly, I tend to say way more than I need to at any moment and enjoy striking up a conversation with people on just random things.
I'm sadly the type of person who is regularly told to shut up....
You're not swift of thought to say these things. But that manager should read the damn GameStop bag as it explicitly states to fill this bag with your games and other electronics to trade in for credit.

That said, please do less jibber jabber and get the hell outta there as soon as you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back