GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, I've been a very long time lurker on these forums, so thank you community for being so active and a great resource for me over the years. I have recently started to trade stuff in at GameStop after a couple years hiatus. My question is I recently found out I was banned from trading in (May 30, 2017), and would like to know why or how. Below I have an outline of what I purchased, returned, and traded in. I started on May 2nd because the last trade before that was on April 2nd, 2017:

---May 02, 2017---

***Purchased***

Yooka-Laylee

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

***Traded***

FIFA 17, XBOX ONE, Qty: 1

STEEP, XBOX ONE, Qty: 1

LG GPad X 8.0, T-Mobile, Qty: 1

Mortal Kombat Komplete, XBOX 360, Qty: 1

PS4 Micro USB Cable, Qty: 3

PS3 AC Power Cable, Qty: 2

HDMI Cable, Qty: 1

Used $5 Trade in bonus the clerk had behind counter for me

---May 03, 2017---

***Purchased***

Stardew Valley

***Traded***

PS4 Micro USB Cable, Qty: 2

Used $5 Trade in Bonus from first page

---May 04, 2017---

***Returned***

Yooka-Laylee

Stardew Valley

---May 05, 2017---

***Purchased***

Call of Duty Black Ops III

---May 06, 2017---

***Purchased***

Amazon GC: $84.68

---May 29, 2017---

***Purchased***

RIME

Amazon GC: $58.75

***Traded***

Call of Duty Black Ops III, XBOX ONE, Qty: 1

Plants VS Zombies GW2, XBOX ONE, Qty: 1

Used $5 bonus trade in from first page

Then on May 30, 2017 I tried to trade in a NBA 2K17 (PS3), PvZGW2 (PS4), and a PS4 Micro USB Cable (Qty: 1). Everything went through, with the $5 dollar added to the trade bonus code provided on the first page, and then when went to put in my ID for the trade, the lady told me my account was banned from trading. I hope someone can tell me what I did wrong. I wonder if its because I all of a sudden started trading stuff in again and the frequency was too often? Please let me know what I did wrong and how I can avoid this in the future. Please don't roast me, I know I must have done something stupid, and am a complete noob :whistle2:( . Thank you all for your time!

Hey all, I've been a very long time lurker on these forums, so thank you community for being so active and a great resource for me over the years. I have recently started to trade stuff in at GameStop after a couple years hiatus. My question is I recently found out I was banned from trading in (May 30, 2017), and would like to know why or how. Below I have an outline of what I purchased, returned, and traded in. I started on May 2nd because the last trade before that was on April 2nd, 2017:

---May 02, 2017---
***Purchased***
Yooka-Laylee
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
***Traded***

---May 03, 2017---
***Purchased***
Stardew Valley
***Traded***

---May 04, 2017---
***Returned***
Yooka-Laylee
Stardew Valley

---May 05, 2017---
***Purchased***

---May 06, 2017---
***Purchased***

---May 29, 2017---
***Purchased***
RIME
Amazon GC: 58.75
***Traded***

Then on May 30, 2017 I tried to trade in a NBA 2K17 (PS3), PvZGW2 (PS4), and a PS4 Micro USB Cable (Qty: 1). Everything went through, with the $5 dollar added to the trade bonus code provided on the first page, and then when went to put in my ID for the trade, the lady told me my account was banned from trading. I hope someone can tell me what I did wrong. I wonder if its because I all of a sudden started trading stuff in again and the frequency was too often? Please let me know what I did wrong and how I can avoid this in the future. Please don't roast me, I know I must have done something stupid, an am a complete noob :whistle2:( . Thank you all for your time!
I could be wrong, but it looks like you traded in too many ps4 micro use cables. I know there's a limit of 4 games per month, but I'm not sure on accessories. Could be the same.

---May 02, 2017---

***Purchased***

Yooka-Laylee

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

***Traded***

---May 03, 2017---

***Purchased***

Stardew Valley

***Traded***

---May 04, 2017---

***Returned***

Yooka-Laylee

Stardew Valley

---May 05, 2017---

***Purchased***

---May 06, 2017---

***Purchased***

---May 29, 2017---

***Purchased***

RIME

Amazon GC: 58.75

***Traded***

Then on May 30, 2017 I tried to trade in a NBA 2K17 (PS3), PvZGW2 (PS4), and a PS4 Micro USB Cable (Qty: 1). Everything went through, with the $5 dollar added to the trade bonus code provided on the first page, and then when went to put in my ID for the trade, the lady told me my account was banned from trading. I hope someone can tell me what I did wrong. I wonder if its because I all of a sudden started trading stuff in again and the frequency was too often? Please let me know what I did wrong and how I can avoid this in the future. Please don't roast me, I know I must have done something stupid, and am a complete noob :whistle2:( . Thank you all for your time!
You traded in 5 cables.

I could be wrong, but it looks like you traded in too many ps4 micro use cables. I know there's a limit of 4 games per month, but I'm not sure on accessories. Could be the same.
You traded in 5 cables.
Really? I've been banned for trading in Micro USB Cables?! (@Raw_Orangejuice I just counted, I see 7 micro usb cables) They were just extra android chargers honestly that I had laying around my desk doing nothing, and only came up to like $3 with the trade bonus. Does the loss and prevention team really think I'm going around jacking usb cables? Also does this mean I'm banned for 90 days? On a side note I've been trade banned before in 2014 (traded like $2k worth of stuff, a lot of multiples, my friend closed down his video game store franchise called Play n Trade so had a lot of random games and accessories he gave me, even let the manager of the store know what I was doing and he was cool with it, but oh well). By the way thanks for the quick replies guys!

5 of any accessory equals a ban. The system doesn't care what accessory it is. And yes it's a 90 day ban.
Crap, I'm never trading in a stupid cable again then. Hmm, 90 days, so...that means August 27, 2017! Also was banned in 2014 for trading in over 2k worth of stuff, but that was 3 years ago, hopefully that means it still 90 days and not longer. Guess I'll make my wife a PUR account then and use my friends in the mean time. I was wondering if it was because of the frequency I traded in and getting the Amazon GC with trade credit and the few returns I did, I'd be somewhat more ok with that then a stupid cable getting me banned lol. So 4 of an accessory is fine in 30 rolling days, but not over that right? Thanks for the response.

trading in cables? probably really do need to add to the faq "what is iatcg" and how not to get ban or arrested. lol...

trading in cables? probably really do need to add to the faq "what is iatcg" and how not to get ban or arrested. lol...
What does iatcg stand for? Also did anyone notice the number of pages in this thread went from 4016 pages to 1607 pages? Was there some kind of glitch or did it delete a whole bunch of pages?

*EDIT* nvm, realized I put the number of posts from 10 per page to 25, that explains the page reduction.

That's a crappy thing to get banned for.
I know right? I'm pushing *hot* charging cables apparently.

I also wanted to know how the B2G1 coupon works, I have a PUR membership that expires on October 18 of this year, from what I see I could renew it for up to 5 years (15 * 5 = $75)?

- Do I do this in one transaction or over time, and result in 5 of these B2G1 codes?
- Possible to open up another PUR membership under my name just different address and phone number and do the same thing? And if so how many accounts could I open?
- When is the best time to use the B2G1 coupons for the best ROI?

Sorry for the questions, I looked through the thread as much as I could (its so freaking huge), and hasn't been very clear to me.

I know right? I'm pushing *hot* charging cables apparently.

I also wanted to know how the B2G1 coupon works, I have a PUR membership that expires on October 18 of this year, from what I see I could renew it for up to 5 years (15 * 5 = $75)?

- Do I do this in one transaction or over time, and result in 5 of these B2G1 codes?
- Possible to open up another PUR membership under my name just different address and phone number and do the same thing? And if so how many accounts could I open?

Sorry for the questions, I looked through the thread as much as I could (its so freaking huge), and hasn't been very clear to me.
Definitely renew once overtime. If you ask to renew 5 times in one transaction you'd probably be banned for life 😂.

As of lately, it's best to do it a little before the end of the month. That's when gamestop randomly boost trade in values for games. No idea why they do it, but it's been that way the entire year.

I think the accounts based off of name and idea, so different phone numbers or addresses shouldn't work (not 100% on that). It's also helpful to checkout the very first post. There's a long list of FAQ that would be useful to you.

Ok the FAQ covered how the B2G1 code works, but it doesn't say how many years you can do, and doesn't cover the last 2 questions:

Possible to open up another PUR membership under my name just different address and phone number and do the same thing? And if so how many accounts could I open?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk

Definitely renew once overtime. If you ask to renew 5 times in one transaction you'd probably be banned for life .

As of lately, it's best to do it a little before the end of the month. That's when gamestop randomly boost trade in values for games. No idea why they do it, but it's been that way the entire year.

I think the accounts based off of name and idea, so different phone numbers or addresses shouldn't work (not 100% on that). It's also helpful to checkout the very first post. There's a long list of FAQ that would be useful to you.
Thanks for the answers. If it's based on ID then guess it'll be a no go, wonder how the other members have multiple accounts then (dead people IDs and SS#s? Lol). I'll re read the FAQ been awhile since I did.

Anyone notice on tapatalk app that the first page looks different then the regular web version?

Thanks for the answers. If it's based on ID then guess it'll be a no go, wonder how the other members have multiple accounts then (dead people IDs and SS#s? Lol). I'll re read the FAQ been awhile since I did.

Anyone notice on tapatalk app that the first page looks different then the regular web version?

Multiple accounts really relies on the pawn laws in your area. If you are in an area that doesn't need ID for trades, multiple accounts are fairly easy to pull off. If you are in an area where you go through something akin to an arrest processing, multiple accounts are a fantasy.

Multiple accounts really relies on the pawn laws in your area. If you are in an area that doesn't need ID for trades, multiple accounts are fairly easy to pull off. If you are in an area where you go through something akin to an arrest processing, multiple accounts are a fantasy.
I see. That's too bad, in Orlando FL they require ID to take a shit.

Okay so I've read the FAQ page more and finally got Blackbeard's spreadsheet to load into the Google Sheets app so things format correctly. Now I can see what I've been missing out on I believe.

I think I'm going to go trade in these few games I bought after work today and then say I want to preorder Tekken 7 to get the extra 30% bump and only put $5 down with remainder on trade card and then just shift that money elsewhere later on. Buy a 4/$20 set of 2 blops/2 gta and trade those in across town today as well with more money put towards Tekken 7 to trigger bump bonus again.

So based off my calculations my initial investment out of pocket for $6 could be worth just under $100 by end of day.

Unless someone sees holes in that plan to be improved on?

Okay so I've read the FAQ page more and finally got Blackbeard's spreadsheet to load into the Google Sheets app so things format correctly. Now I can see what I've been missing out on I believe.

I think I'm going to go trade in these few games I bought after work today and then say I want to preorder Tekken 7 to get the extra 30% bump and only put $5 down with remainder on trade card and then just shift that money elsewhere later on. Buy a 4/$20 set of 2 blops/2 gta and trade those in across town today as well.

So based off my calculations my initial investment out of pocket for $6 could be worth just under $100 by end of day.

Unless someone sees holes in that plan to be improved on?
Preorder Rime for Switch instead.

Cause, I am an idiot... and they know I trade things in regularly.
I did say I was going to trade them in AFTER I finished them, to make it sound like I WAS going to play them.
Not it's there fault. GS wants people to buy used games and trade then back in. That's how they make money.

They have no idea how long it will take you to finish them could be a day or a month

With no one knowing what games you have all we will say is "okay sure." Literally you're just describing flipping.
GAMES:
Wii U - Hyrule Warriors
3DS - Pokemon Y
PS3 - Batman:Arkham City, Dynasty Warriors 7, Naruto Shippuden:UNSR
Wii - SSB:Brawl, The Last Story

I spent $7 to buy all of them initially so plenty of room to turn a profit.

GAMES:
Wii U - Hyrule Warriors
3DS - Pokemon Y

I spent $7 to buy all of them initially so plenty of room to turn a profit.
That's a lot of games for $7, garage sale?

Yes. Also bought 2 Amiibos (Zelda/Star Fox) and Mario Kart 7 for 3ds for $1/each. Lady said her son left them when he moved out.
Methinks this lady's son is going to be pissed when he finds out his mom sold $100 worth of his crap for less than $10.

Or he might be one of those that don't care at all and would have taken whatever shitty cash offer a pawn shop gave him.

Has anyone received a virtual trade credit from that email link indicating there is unused trade credit on your account? I filled out the form and it said I have almost $200 in unused credit but I never received any email from GameStop since.

Has anyone received a virtual trade credit from that email link indicating there is unused trade credit on your account? I filled out the form and it said I have almost $200 in unused credit but I never received any email from GameStop since.
Thank for depositing your $200 into the Gamestop infinite void fund. Have a nice day!

Man those trade values dropped hard today. Glad I locked in Payday 2 on the app.
Good luck getting them to honor that saved value.

If you still have the card with that balance, you should have never filled out that form.

My "new" copy of xenoblade. Lawls

[attachment=26714:IMG_0853.JPG]

GAMES:
Wii U - Hyrule Warriors
3DS - Pokemon Y
-Traded in the above using extra $5 coupon + Rime preorder for $70.54/$5.
-Bought 4/$20 set: Blops2, GTA4, ABT, and The Evil Within for $17.96.
-Went across town and traded in Blops2, GTA4, and ABT using extra $5 coupon + Rime preorder for $24/$5.

So have $76.58 on cards + $10 tied up in preorders to be moved later for a total of $86.58 from a $7 initial investment.

Must say I'm impressed with the deals you all have discovered. Now to wait for the next flip/boomerang/bonus deal to multiply and flourish.

But you can't buy this:

SirBananas.jpg
:drool:

My one and only ban was trading in 3 sets of 3 :ps4: cables. Since then, I've calmed down. In fact, I completely forgot to trade any in the last 3 times I went in...

Just to let anybody who cares about this game know that king of fighters premium edition got lowered to $36.97. Been wanting to pick this up for awhile, but sadly none around me, so I have to order online. Enjoy

:drool:

My one and only ban was trading in 3 sets of 3 :ps4: cables. Since then, I've calmed down. In fact, I completely forgot to trade any in the last 3 times I went in...
Yea, I didn't think it mattered for shit like cables, I can't believe I got banned for trading in micro usb cables. Never bothering with these accessories, too little money for the hassle.

Just to let anybody who cares about this game know that king of fighters premium edition got lowered to $36.97. Been wanting to pick this up for awhile, but sadly none around me, so I have to order online. Enjoy
Good price on that one. I got the steelbook version from Newegg for about $26 and found the soundtrack at Half Price Books for $4. Just missing the artbook, but I didn't have much interest in it.

It looks to be sold out from most other retailers besides 3rd party sellers.

-Traded in the above using extra $5 coupon + Rime preorder for $70.54/$5.
-Bought 4/$20 set: Blops2, GTA4, ABT, and The Evil Within for $17.96.
-Went across town and traded in Blops2, GTA4, and ABT using extra $5 coupon + Rime preorder for $24/$5.

So have $76.58 on cards + $10 tied up in preorders to be moved later for a total of $86.58 from a $7 initial investment.

Must say I'm impressed with the deals you all have discovered. Now to wait for the next flip/boomerang/bonus deal to multiply and flourish.
Thanks for adding to the deals and flips by sharing your personal details about what most of us already know.

Regarding the story of the people who refuse advice from strangers to save money:

The dude getting banned for telling a clerk he'd be trading in the games he just bought upon beating them, despite doing so being like the company's motto, is an example of why people would be so nervous to try such things.

Just trading in $100 worth of real games I actually bought to play last year not flip this week got a Junior Detective to flat out ask me if I robbed a pawn shop. (I had both PS3 and PS4 versions for double the trophies.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back