GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the story of the people who refuse advice from strangers to save money:

The dude getting banned for telling a clerk he'd be trading in the games he just bought upon beating them, despite doing so being like the company's motto, is an example of why people would be so nervous to try such things.

Just trading in $100 worth of real games I actually bought to play last year not flip this week got a Junior Detective to flat out ask me if I robbed a pawn shop. (I had both PS3 and PS4 versions for double the trophies.)
So, did you?

I saw on the GS website that in store there's a 4 for $20 game sale ending soon. Searched through here and can't seem to find a list of games. They probably suck but can anyone post it if possible? Thanks in advance.

Regarding the story of the people who refuse advice from strangers to save money:

The dude getting banned for telling a clerk he'd be trading in the games he just bought upon beating them, despite doing so being like the company's motto, is an example of why people would be so nervous to try such things.

Just trading in $100 worth of real games I actually bought to play last year not flip this week got a Junior Detective to flat out ask me if I robbed a pawn shop. (I had both PS3 and PS4 versions for double the trophies.)
That's unacceptable! Who the hell would speak like that to a customer? I don't care about hard times and bills to pay, I would make sure that statement goes recorded by upper management.

Hmm, if the pokken controller really is $10 . I need to check this out. Does it work on anything else other than pokken which i don't have .....yet

After a couple weeks of Alan Wake dropping in inventory, about 250 stores all of a sudden have more in a matter of hours. Kind of proves they have a stockpile of these in Grapevine.

Hmm, if the pokken controller really is $10 . I need to check this out. Does it work on anything else other than pokken which i don't have .....yet
No and you can only use 1 for the game. Whoever the fuck designed Pokken Tournament can fuck right off.

Use the controllers for emulated games and not for the games that they were designed for imho

No and you can only use 1 for the game. Whoever the fuck designed Pokken Tournament can fuck right off.

Use the controllers for emulated games and not for the games that they were designed for imho
Thanks for the heads up, i guess i will just use pro controller and fight stick for random games.

So do you guys think black ops 2, Alan wake, and some other games will be getting any kind of a trade in bump in the coming months? Thinking of stalking up on some, the GS around the way has a lot of these in stock.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk

Hard to tell what will get the bump. I don't believe in stocking product and waiting for bumps but that's what some people like to do.

But you can't buy this:

SirBananas.jpg
I saw this at my local grocery store tonight, so I am good.

I was contemplating whether to sell on Craigslist or Offerup my Xbox One S Gears of War 4 Blue Special Edition 500GB, or to wait for some kind of trade in bonus they may give to put toward the XBOX Scorpio that's rumored for November this year. Are there usually some kind of specials they run for trading up to a newer system?

Idk if this is good or if this is bad
(Comments section)

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/6eg9uz/so_i_what_happened_to_trade_prices/

And this as well a link to cheapassgamer

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/6ercad/4_for_20/

The more ppl there are the more and the faster things will be found out just my opinion.
There is no scenario in which this can be considered a good thing. But in retrospect, it's a lot more mellow than when IATCG starts a topic and manages to piss off just about everyone

I was contemplating whether to sell on Craigslist or Offerup my Xbox One S Gears of War 4 Blue Special Edition 500GB, or to wait for some kind of trade in bonus they may give to put toward the XBOX Scorpio that's rumored for November this year. Are there usually some kind of specials they run for trading up to a newer system?
You can probably count on some sort of promo being announced after the Scorpio reveal at E3. I wouldn't do anything before that.

You can probably count on some sort of promo being announced after the Scorpio reveal at E3. I wouldn't do anything before that.
Oh yea, that's just right around the corner completely forgot about that. Thanks, I'll hold off for now, it is a nice looking system anyways :)

Just played a For Honor match, and I was randomly teamed with a guy who had a special gamertag: CAG Blackbeard. Just checked our BB's GT and that's not it, so maybe he has an admirer?

My east coast store sold Tekken 7 at 9 o'clock instead of doing a midnight , is that a new thing? I know they do it on the west coast to make up for the time difference.

Oh ok sorry Deader2818, didn't know am new here. Sounds fishy though. So I'll put this here
1e5e53cd0bd9766b2f5d7144a8f6ff86.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk

so is anyone else experiencing issues redeeming for powerup rewards certificates?

I try to place an order and it says can not place order at this time.

I bought something and traded something yesterday to verify I'm not banned. I called in and they told me this is an issue beihg reported and gave me 5000 courtesy points, and said my account was verified and active.

I asked when I should try to redeem again, they said keep trying everyday over the next week.

So..anyone have any idea what's actually going on?

so is anyone else experiencing issues redeeming for powerup rewards certificates?
I bought something and traded something yesterday to verify I'm not banned. I called in and they told me this is an issue beihg reported and gave me 5000 courtesy points, and said my account was verified and active.
I asked when I should try to redeem again, they said keep trying everyday over the next week.
I had this happen the other day...when I went in the store to pick up a game I told the employee. He had me log in on his tablet and was able to redeem it from there.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back