GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else see Amazon moving in on GS as a bad thing? Meaning we might end up with really crap trade in values and no bonus flips now that Amazon has some say and the back door out of gamestop credit is now a front door.
I can see this happening.

You guys dont know what you are talking about. Amazon Cash is just adding GiftCard credit directly into your account. It makes it easier for people who want to add credit into an account instead of entering the code from a physical GC. Thats all it does, nothing else.

You guys dont know what you are talking about. Amazon Cash is just adding GiftCard credit directly into your account. It makes it easier for people who want to add credit into an account instead of entering the code from a physical GC. Thats all it does, nothing else.
You're mistaken:

https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=14583169011

With Gamestop you can have them take cash or your trade credit and have them apply it to your amazon balance.

What exactly were you given for the GPG? Are you required to keep/show your receipt in order to claim the warranty or will the GPG sticker suffice?

I've noticed some of the preowned games I've purchased in the past had that sticker stuck inside the case and I'm guessing these games were traded in like that. It'd be great being able to claim the warranty for any potential damage on these games. Anyone know by any chance?
I was just given the receipt, and then the sticker was printed out and put inside the case. I didn't ask if I needed the receipt, but the sticker is dated so I wouldn't think you'd need a receipt.

But what did he say that contradicts what anyone else was saying about how it works?
I don't know, but we're here now:
circular_logic_by_mestafais-d5vm1d1.gif

That disproves literally nothing he said.
I thought he was saying that you can only add gift card amount to your account and only use that gift card amount to that specific store. What I was trying to say is that you can get gamestop trade credit added to your account and use it at amazon.com. He could be trying to say the same thing but they way how it was worded, I thought he meant that you can't do a direct Gamestop credit to amazon credit balance transfer. I also didn't read the previous content post so I could be wrong.

I wasn't browsing threads like this back when it happened but what's the story behind GameStop stopping carrying iPads iPods iPhones and other used electronics in stores?
GameStop hasn't stopped carrying those items in this area. My son purchased an Android phone a few months back, and most of the stores have a locked glass case with various iDevices.

They have all of the various Cricket stuff, too.

GameStop hasn't stopped carrying those items in this area. My son purchased an Android phone a few months back, and most of the stores have a locked glass case with various iDevices.

my store also still has these items, they also answer the phone gamestop/cricket wireless blah blah blah so that may have something to do with what they carry.

Its usually one store per district unless they sell a lot in an area. Only 2 stores remotely close to me sell them in store.

Quick question: I remember back when the switch was coming out a lot of people got their amazon preorders cancelled when they tried to switch payment methods. My debit card got compromised, so the bank cancelled it. How can I change my payment method on amazon without losing my order?

Quick question: I remember back when the switch was coming out a lot of people got their amazon preorders cancelled when they tried to switch payment methods. My debit card got compromised, so the bank cancelled it. How can I change my payment method on amazon without losing my order?
You know this is the GameStop thread right

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/6f6hu9/wii_u_trade_in_store_credit_questions/

Looks like we're still gonna have white knight employees that forbid people from using their GameStop credit on Amazon cash or for Amazon gift cards, even though it's a partnership and specifically states that you can do so on the GSO message

I'll never understand how someone can take a dead-end retail job so seriously, especially for a company that doesn't give two shits about them

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/6f6hu9/wii_u_trade_in_store_credit_questions/

Looks like we're still gonna have white knight employees that forbid people from using their GameStop credit on Amazon cash or for Amazon gift cards, even though it's a partnership and specifically states that you can do so on the GSO message

I'll never understand how someone can take a dead-end retail job so seriously, especially for a company that doesn't give two shits about them
well the gift card part is still true, the GSO message only applied to amazon cash loads, if im not mistaken. main reason i think is you can track both gamestop account and amazon account if any money laundering.

however, i don't understand how they're going to enforce cash values only for amazon cash loads. Like for the load to work, you scan the barcode like any other UPC code, then specify the amount you want, then pay with whatever payment method. So one can just finish the transaction of trade-ins, get your trade credit card, you now have the non-cash values. and then do a new transaction for amazon load. or go to another store to do it. Are they gonna force you to give back the trade credit card? or just be petty and white knighty and not let you?

however, if you do trade in and amazon load in the same transaction, then sure, they can change the values for how much trade credit you're getting. but just don't do in same transaction.

well the gift card part is still true, the GSO message only applied to amazon cash loads, if im not mistaken. main reason i think is you can track both gamestop account and amazon account if any money laundering.

however, i don't understand how they're going to enforce cash values only for amazon cash loads. Like for the load to work, you scan the barcode like any other UPC code, then specify the amount you want, then pay with whatever payment method. So one can just finish the transaction of trade-ins, get your trade credit card, you now have the non-cash values. and then do a new transaction for amazon load. or go to another store to do it. Are they gonna force you to give back the trade credit card? or just be petty and white knighty and not let you?

however, if you do trade in and amazon load in the same transaction, then sure, they can change the values for how much trade credit you're getting. but just don't do in same transaction.
But if they change the values in that transaction, they would have to do it manually, which they then have to explain to their DL why they are overriding the values.

But if they change the values in that transaction, they would have to do it manually, which they then have to explain to their DL why they are overriding the values.
can't they just say "oh if you're doing amazon load, we can only give you cash value amount and not trade credit amount" and select the cash option?

all i know is no retailer has made a deal with amazon and come out on the better end of it unless it was a buyout. this just makes me think gamestop is more desperate then we thought.

No, because then they would have to give you cash.
which would then be used to pay for the load to amazon?

but you might be right, might be less of an issue than i thought. but im sure we'll see stories of employees giving people a hard time.

all i know is no retailer has made a deal with amazon and come out on the better end of it unless it was a buyout. this just makes me think gamestop is more desperate then we thought.
Agreed and I think the loopholes are a sign of a management who really doesn't give a damn anymore, but is trying to fake the stockholders out with plumped up trade numbers until they can sell their insider shares off.

GS gets a commission from the Amazon Cash transactions.

which would then be used to pay for the load to amazon?

but you might be right, might be less of an issue than i thought. but im sure we'll see stories of employees giving people a hard time.
Yeah, there'll always be the random asshats. But it shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Used to see it all the time when I worked in retail. Give somebody even the smallest amount of "power", and they get carried away and let it go to their head. Some of my supervisors/managers were tyrants and everybody else thought it was pathetic and came to hate them after a short period of time. So not only is it customers, but also co-workers who don't want anything to do with these people.

You forgot to include cost of distance and cost of gas to do the trades!
lol, you know I actually considered trying to write code for a program to calculate your estimated trade credit total with bonuses while inputting variables for bonus percentage and base price as well as cash or credit amounts. Would this be a program anyone is interested in, just out of curiosity. (Though maybe black beard's spreadsheet would really be the simplest way to go about it).

What exactly were you given for the GPG? Are you required to keep/show your receipt in order to claim the warranty or will the GPG sticker suffice?

I've noticed some of the preowned games I've purchased in the past had that sticker stuck inside the case and I'm guessing these games were traded in like that. It'd be great being able to claim the warranty for any potential damage on these games. Anyone know by any chance?
Sticker or receipt works as proof. There's one employee at my store that puts the sticker on the barcode instead of inside the case.

I've always felt that for the majority of the American workforce, that the amount they care about their job is directly proportional to how much they are paid to do that job. There will be anomalies of course.

You just need to be smart and come in another time to load your Amazon Cash with the trade credit. If you do it right during trade in, it looks worse and you are more likely to get an employee with the epiphany that you are funneling your money straight to Amazon instead of spending it in the store.

This gif just yells:

"Should I applaud?"

*looks over*

"Yes, yes I should.... Yes..."
More like:

"I like this, I'm going to applaud "

*looks around*

"Are others applauding too? "

*takes a mental note of everyone not applauding so I can order them to be killed later*

"Yes,... Yes tonight will be fun now "

Pvz2 is 15$ on amazon. Know it's not a huge money maker but maybe with a bonus and the 5$ card it would be worth it some.

I've always felt that for the majority of the American workforce, that the amount they care about their job is directly proportional to how much they are paid to do that job. There will be anomalies of course.
Do you guys think it's an anomaly or do you think it is more attributable to someone who is annoyed with their job taking their frustrations out in such a way that they prevent others from being happy also?

Do you guys think it's an anomaly or do you think it is more attributable to someone who is annoyed with their job taking their frustrations out in such a way that they prevent others from being happy also?
Power trip

One time a clerk wouldn't give me a $5 trade in coupon when I straight up asked for it after seeing the stack on the register. No doubt the dude had bare minimum a half chub from being able to tell me no.

I just got a message from this member: miamiheatnumber32:

Hi.

I'd be interested in what it'd take for you to stfu?

Maybe buy yourself a diary?

did someone invite you to the thread?

You pretend to contribute.

I read a lot of autism in your posts.

I suspect you are iatcg alt account......

In closing you should buy yourself a fidget spinner and stop visiting this site.

Thank you,

Good day.
Who is this and why? I'm new here don't know what I did to flare up this guys hot flashes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk

Well you did make a borderline spam post with a bunch of code in it, and offered to make a program that blackbeard has already had running for years lol

Well you did make a borderline spam post with a bunch of code in it, and offered to make a program that blackbeard has already had running for years lol
The code was a joke if you read it (Maybe a not so funny one I admit), it actually isn't even correct, its half assed. And I wrote that i thought about it before, and also wrote though blackbeards sheet would be easier. I wasn't actually going to sit here and write a program to do what's already available in an easier format.
And you joined a week ago and have posted nowhere but in this thread.
Didn't realize that wasn't allowed. I view other threads as well, but unfortunately this is the only thread I am interested in engaging so far or had some things to ask or say.

Maybe he thinks you're Kobe Bryant.

https://youtu.be/DH7k6VkwBr0
Lol, Kobe does have nice "natural" teeth.

And you joined a week ago and have posted nowhere but in this thread.
Didn't realize that wasn't allowed. I view other threads, but unfortunately this is the only thread I am interested in engaging some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back