GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not an employee, and never was, but my guess is that if your stores require ID for trade-ins - then you'd be linked together with respect to trade-in limits. Trades always require adult authorization so it would make sense that if ID is required, the store associate would just use your ID for any trades on your son's account.

Website says 13. He will need you or an adult present to trade since he is not 18.
Damn, thanks. Was hoping for my son to do his own work from now on but he's only 16.

oh okay, did you get any kind of confirmation after you texted IN that you were going to get the bonus points? I didn't get any kind of confirmation besides thanks for signing up for text alerts and stuff. Anyone ever get anything good from these texts?
It only tells you about current deals or when a game is ready to preorder. Nothing that you wouldn't find here.

It only tells you about current deals or when a game is ready to preorder. Nothing that you wouldn't find here.
I see so not all that useful. I did get a text yesterday saying this:

GameStop: For select SMS subscribers, limited free codes for multiplayer brawler Deformers! Text DEFORM by midnight CST for your unique PS4 download code.
Realized it the next day so was late on it, anyone check out the game? It looks fun.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk

Hey blackbeard, I PM'd you an Assassin's Creed Liberation HD game code.

Heads up, it's not backwards compatible yet but should work fine for download to an Xbox 360.

If you already own it please just use it in the trade forums to get something you want or gift it to someone.

Thanks brother.

I also got one of those letter in the mail saying my identity was stolen. No gifts with it unfortunately. Straight to the trash it went.

Did anyone get that bonus 1000 Power up Rewards Points from signing up for the SMS news and exclusives from Gamestop? It still hasn't shown up on mines, and its been like a week.
i think it took about 3 weeks for mine to post. got the thanks text and some other one that same week talking about new deals. haven't gotten a text since. signed up about a month ago

I see so not all that useful. I did get a text yesterday saying this:

Realized it the next day so was late on it, anyone check out the game? It looks fun.

It's the same stuff you would find in the emails. And if you use different number for the rewards, it will be changed to the cell number.

Hey blackbeard, I PM'd you an Assassin's Creed Liberation HD game code.

Heads up, it's not backwards compatible yet but should work fine for download to an Xbox 360.

If you already own it please just use it in the trade forums to get something you want or gift it to someone.

Thanks brother.
Thanks! really appreciate it! :grouphug:

I just noticed you can change your birthday on the GS website. Has anybody ever changed it to see if you would get the birthday coupon each month?

So on my bday I got a bday coupon on my old account but not my active one. Anyone got an explanation for that shit? I'm looking st the mobile site where's the bday display. It's not under account settings.

Yeah my debit card was compromised, and they made a couple purchases for about $800. Bank cancelled the card and refunded the fraudulent transactions, waiting on a new card now.

So on my bday I got a bday coupon on my old account but not my active one. Anyone got an explanation for that shit? I'm looking st the mobile site where's the bday display. It's not under account settings.
I haven't gotten the birthday coupon in 4 years. Just assumed it had to do with me abusing it back when they were generic EBC codes every month

i think it took about 3 weeks for mine to post. got the thanks text and some other one that same week talking about new deals. haven't gotten a text since. signed up about a month ago
Did u accidentally unsubscribe? Maybe resubscribe...wonder how many times we can do it for life of acct o_O

My birthdays this month and I haven't and never before have received a birthday coupon. I checked and my bday was correctly listed in my account. Wonder what's up.

heads up, Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is on sale deal of the day at Best Buy today for $19.99/$15.99. PS4 version was bumped last month to $22.50 base.

i just used the last of my BB credit on yooka-laylee. :(

heads up, Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is on sale deal of the day at Best Buy today for $19.99/$15.99. PS4 version was bumped last month to $22.50 base.

i just used the last of my BB credit on yooka-laylee. :(
Sweet, I'll be in for a few of these, thanks for the heads up. In case anyone is in the Orlando area, its in stock at all the BB's just checked.

Do it now before they get their new machines in that test controllers.
That's good they are getting it, I've bought plenty of used controllers in the past that had one problem or another, a good number of them was the R3 push in joystick not working or one of the triggers not registering.

I really feel terrible for anybody that may be undergoing rough times and are forced to sell their game collection, I really do but this shit is straight up ridiculous.

Its such a shame this guy accepted that offer, he's the only guy at fault here. :dunce: :bomb:

Edit: Overlooked the satirical nature of the site, the only guy at fault is me lol.
You're definitely that guy that posts Onion articles on Facebook and totally believes they're real.

Well, we're talking about gamestop here. Its not uncommon reading about shady ass employees and uninformed customers being screwed over big time.
I skimmed through the article and saw Mega Man X . The follow up thought was what a fucking moron and I closed the tab. I didn't realize it either till I read your post. I didn't give it much thought whatsoever other than Mega Man X, what a fucking dumb ass, and then tab closed.

Anyone here in Florida know if there are any counties/cities in Florida that don't require ID for trades? Or is the whole state on a robbin spree?

LOL just realized miamiheatnumber32 messaged me too. Sent me a nice long paragraph I didn't bother to read, 2 of them actually. Who the fuck is this lurkin ass weirdo? Is that really Shaq?

I didn't realize you get powerup points for buying Amazon gift cards. That was a easy 4000 points.

I would think that might run an unnecessary risk of your account being flagged

Management is obviously very reluctant and anal about these amazon gc purchases

And with employees being able to see your purchase history when bringing up your account..it could look suspicious to them

Idk I deem it an unnecessary risk

LOL just realized miamiheatnumber32 messaged me too. Sent me a nice long paragraph I didn't bother to read, 2 of them actually. Who the fuck is this lurkin ass weirdo? Is that really Shaq?
Lol what a loser, should report his ass.

Soooo I tried to buy a SW gift card and the system wouldn't let me. The manager let me try 3 times but no dice. He was cool about me trying it so I don't think he lied to me. He said to try a different store.

He mentioned that his store is a "LP" store under more careful watch but I'm not sure if they are able to block specific things at specific stores. Sounds too advanced for GameStop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back