GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I go take a nap for 2 hours and wake up to 130 tapatalk notifications lol. Was hoping there was some crazy flip deals being discussed.

I also agree, even though I'm new (long time lurker as well, recently joined member), on the locking down the Sheets. I'd even suggest pricing start at $10, it's an invaluable resource and I can appreciate the dedication and time it takes BlackBeard to maintain it. I wouldn't make the post count qualification though, but nonetheless it's a good idea to restrict access.

Like the saying goes "It takes money to make money."

~~~Ramadan Mubarak (2017)~~~

What did I miss that lead to the discussion of limiting the spreadsheet?
I'm gonna try to say this as nicely as possible: people like you are the reason why so many are support of the password protected sheets. If you can't even be bothered to read the thread, why should you benefit from it? Not trying to be snarky, just don't know how else to phrase it.

You def were not kidding about that dude look at it now haha
I'll have to self identify as a lurker as well. Only one way to get started though... like most, I'd be in for the fee/donation or whatever you make it. I probably wouldn't get access right away, unfortunately with some of the requirements being thrown around. There are some of us who legitimately stumbled on this site a few months ago and are not idiots that post all over Reddit. Being in the military though, I do know all too well about one person crapping themselves and making everybody wear diapers because of it...

I'm gonna try to say this as nicely as possible: people like you are the reason why so many are support of the password protected sheets. If you can't even be bothered to read the thread, why should you benefit from it? Not trying to be snarky, just don't know how else to phrase it.
I did read the past few pages and got the gist of it. I just wanted someone to tell me if I missed anything since there was a lot to catch up on lol

$5-$10 fee sounds good or even Xbox live/psn currency. I don't post because the question I need answers to are usually asked like 15 times anyways and I normally just read the FAQ to avoid posting.

Contribute something and you will be less of the joke
Again. I've been on CAG for a decade now. I "contributed" plenty when I was more active while in college. There isn't all that much to say.
I'm not on Reddit dry snitching or telling gamestop employees I'm gonna trade a game I just bought back in tomoro so I don't have dumb stories to run back in here with.

I've already stated I'm willing to contribute to BB.
Sorry I post enough for you your majesty.

He's not assuming that. He just knows that having that many manboobs on one harddisk would make it dense enough to be used as a weapon.
i can't breathe from loling. If my inbox all of a sudden start filling up with manboob pics I think I'd quit the internet.

So many new names posting...lurkers are shook....
sabu.png

also like how so many lurkers are posting and agreeing with the $5-$10 requirement. but few are agreeing with the post number or account age limits.

just making an observation :)

You're just gonna get a lot less quality posts since everyone will try to make quota. Just charge for it and be done with it. If a troll wants to pay up, let him pay. I like the idea though, it'll make flips way more exclusive and less likely to leak and get nuked.

You're just gonna get a lot less quality posts since everyone will try to make quota. Just charge for it and be done with it. If a troll wants to pay up, let him pay. I like the idea though, it'll make flips way more exclusive and less likely to leak and get nuked.
In this thread? Not possible

Plus it'd be obvious they were just making dumb posts to pad their count, and blackbeard could deny them permission at his discretion

also like how so many lurkers are posting and agreeing with the $5-$10 requirement. but few are agreeing with the post number or account age limits.

just making an observation :)
Well I've been here for years but just don't post very often. What I do post is solid gold tho. I understand if I don't make the cut.

(Post #57 in the tank 43 shitposts to go.)

Concur

Atleast 90 percent of the thread is "hey can I do this?!"
"Read the FAQ!"

Well I read the FAQ and I'd rather not come in here with how I found Heartgold for $5 on CL. But hey. If that's what the people want.

Pretty much this. Putting a post requirement means people will do random posts that contribute nothing and simply add noise. Not a whole lot more information could be added since BB's sheet covers probably 90% of the information provided. So what remains is tech support, to which the proper response is almost universally "read the FAQ," or chit-chatting which, again, adds noise.

In the end, its BB's choice: Its a practically a dictatorship, not a republic or democracy. Now watch someone say I insulted him by saying that.

maybe we need a flipping thread OT thread. somewhere we can post our finds or brags...

cause I don't think girls on Youtube want to watch my flipping hauls

Well I've been here for years but just don't post very often. What I do post is solid gold tho. I understand if I don't make the cut.

(Post #57 in the tank 43 shitposts to go.)
You mean like right after I made the FAQ on the first page and posted that it was done, and the very next post was you asking where you could find the sheets?

Never forget...

So I went ahead and became the guinea pig and went into Gamestop to try the Amazon Cash thing. Of course the employees did not have a clue what I was talking about. So I showed them the Amazon Cash page and told them all they had to was scan my barcode. Dude was cool and scanned it and all it asked on the POS was for an amount not exceeding $500. I put $250 Gamestop credit I had sitting on a trade card and everything went smoothly. And the very next moment I got an email from Amazon verifying the credit being added. Very simple and fast process.

I can't decide whether to laugh or be frustrated by how confused I am about Amazon Cash vis-a-vis Gamestop.  This, despite reading Amazon's FAQ multiple times as well as most of the last couple days of this thread.

In brief:  can I take my Gamestop trade-in credit that is tied to my PUR account and 'transfer' that into Amazon credit simply by going into a Gamestop with the Amazon Cash barcode?

I feel like the obvious answer to this questions is "no," but I figured I'd politely ask here before questioning my sanity.

EDIT: heh, perfect timing, now that I see the post directly above mine.

I guess the only distinction or point of clarification is whether it matters if that Gamestop trade credit is on a physical card or simply tied to a PUR account.  Mine is the latter.  Perhaps a distinction without a difference? 

Anyway... maybe I could make a survey monkey poll, blackbeard could throw the link up on the sheets, and we could get some solid statistics of how people want the sheets limited (since everyone seems to want them limited)? I know it's ultimately up to blackbeard, but he seems like a man of the people

So I went ahead and became the guinea pig and went into Gamestop to try the Amazon Cash thing. Of course the employees did not have a clue what I was talking about. So I showed them the Amazon Cash page and told them all they had to was scan my barcode. Dude was cool and scanned it and all it asked on the POS was for an amount not exceeding $500. I put $250 Gamestop credit I had sitting on a trade card and everything went smoothly. And the very next moment I got an email from Amazon verifying the credit being added. Very simple and fast process.
Good post. Good information. So $500 is the limit to convert to Amazon Cash. That's FAQ material right there.

This guy gets the sheets.👍

yay, first story! thanks for sharing and glad you got a chill employee. That's exactly how it's supposed to work (scan, put in amount, pay, loaded), and how it went down when i did it at CVS a few months back. Also had to explain how to do it. Got amazon confirmation email as soon as I got in the car.

I can't decide whether to laugh or be frustrated by how confused I am about Amazon Cash vis-a-vis Gamestop. This, despite reading Amazon's FAQ multiple times as well as most of the last couple days of this thread.

In brief: can I take my Gamestop trade-in credit that is tied to my PUR account and 'transfer' that into Amazon credit simply by going into a Gamestop with the Amazon Cash barcode?

I feel like the obvious answer to this questions is "no," but I figured I'd politely ask here before questioning my sanity.

:( :D
Yes.

Also your PUR account card is a trade credit card. Should have a PIN and all that mess on it.

I can't decide whether to laugh or be frustrated by how confused I am about Amazon Cash vis-a-vis Gamestop. This, despite reading Amazon's FAQ multiple times as well as most of the last couple days of this thread.

In brief: can I take my Gamestop trade-in credit that is tied to my PUR account and 'transfer' that into Amazon credit simply by going into a Gamestop with the Amazon Cash barcode?

:( :D
Yea, you should be able to its allowed unless some employee wants to start catchin some feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back