GameStop Treasure Hunt Thursdays Challenge - Free $5 Xbox credit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. Got another 6 of these lol. And before anyone jumps on me, I got one from my own account and my family/xbox-less friends, so mine are from all legitimate claims.

I am up to $140...I think that's enough. I am giving the others to a friend of mine who lost his father a few months ago and then his brother in law 2 days ago in a tragic car accident. So he could use some stuff to pick him up.

lmao wtf

bde8eecdf2fdc317c75508f0c6a7a991.png

So gamestop already paid microsoft for all these codes? What's the angle for GS here? Are we supposed to forget their trade values and be motivated to buy stuff from them bc of this show of goodwill?

Is it good will or just complete stupidity given how last week it happened as well? Maybe they are doing social research study on greed!

Who gives a shit free codes

[quote name="plus1zero" post="11874237" timestamp="1403807103"]Lol anyone remember the guy last week trying to trade his $20 XBL for $30 PSN?[/quote]
Not sure why you quoted me but it wasn't me.

So...since so many of you helped to suck up multiple codes leaving none left for people like me.

Is anyone willing to give me one code.

I don't know if people who are racking up $100+ are going to get away with that...

Microsoft tends to crack down on stuff like this. I got my family's worth and didn't push it any further haha.

I don't know if people who are racking up $100+ are going to get away with that...

Microsoft tends to crack down on stuff like this. I got my family's worth and didn't push it any further haha.
Don't know why they care. GS paid for this promotion so MS aren't losing anything. GS knew this was going to be exploited and yet they still said whatever and did it again for another week consecutively.

I didn't realize CAG had so many scumbags. All I wanted was just one code. Just one. But thanks to some of the people in here who are disgustingly greedy...they made sure that wouldn't happen.

I didn't realize CAG had so many scumbags. All I wanted was just one code. Just one. But thanks to some of the people in here who are disgustingly greedy...they made sure that wouldn't happen.
Its not just cag. Its also slickdealers and neogaf, not to mention any other lesser know forums. The promo lasted more then an hour which is a lot longer then I thought it would considering people had a week to prepare.

Honestly, I originally was in for one but the adrenaline took over and it was impossible for me stop. It's was like black friday but without the trampling.

Besides... who's crazy enough to say no to free money?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I originally was in for one but the adrenaline took over and it was impossible to for me stop. It's was like black friday but without the trampling.

Besides... who's crazy enough to say no to free money?
I got a few through my freinds and family helping me, but if I was able to stack up like some people did it would be awfully hard not to do so. Some people are set for all the fall releases. I wouldn't try and sell them to fellow cags for profit though, thats scummy IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not just cag. Its also slickdealers and neogaf, not to mention any other lesser know forums. The promo lasted more then an hour which is a lot longer then I thought it would considering people had a week to prepare.
Last week it took a good 3-4 hours, I think maybe 5 even for it to go away. A this week it was within 2. Like asspickle said though, people had a week to see the deal and/or prepare for it. Everyone who knew about it made their throwaway accounts in that week. If you couldn't prepare for it or decided last minute to get it, tough luck. The world isn't all full of nice people and they're sure as hell not going to stop for you cause you're at a disadvantage for free "money."

This is why we cannot have nice things. Good thing I got my $5 but for $800 ish dollars?

I rather play fair and max my XBL account properly: by waiting for a 20% off sale for XBox Gift Cards that Best Buy or Newegg usually holds.

Last week it took a good 3-4 hours, I think maybe 5 even for it to go away. A this week it was within 2. Like asspickle said though, people had a week to see the deal and/or prepare for it. Everyone who knew about it made their throwaway accounts in that week. If you couldn't prepare for it or decided last minute to get it, tough luck. The world isn't all full of nice people and they're sure as hell not going to stop for you cause you're at a disadvantage for free "money."
You can try to justify it all you want, but you're still scumbags.

And that is, common sense. Lots of people lacking it aparently.

You can try to justify it all you want, but you're still scumbags.
You sound like a douche. Maybe you shouldn't cry so much and just be quicker.

Yeah some people crowded this and took all the codes but guess what? Life isn't fair.

Got two codes this week, had to use my phones data to get it done but I managed.

Do you cry when you show up to a party and all the alcohol is gone, and then proceed to run around telling people what scumbags they are for drinking what was available to them to drink. Or do you plan to show up earlier at the next party ?

Don't blame me. I got two for my brother and I to get the Dead Rising DLC. You can still cry all you want, but it isn't going to change anything. The truth hurts.
I know the truth hurts. I can see that already in this topic from people getting mad for getting called out. Oh...wait...should I say they are crying instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back