Gamestop Weekly Ad 9/13 - 9/19

http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF - http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/091317/pdf/OLFSI_091317.pdf?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Qx2KGypPCMaLJgVQRL0l5w

FAQ - by Rustyra24

How do I find trade values?

Go onto the Gamestop website and search their trade index.

Why does the Trade value say NA or it’s not in their search system?

That game might ring up as 0.03 or 0.02. Some employees may take it but YMMV

These trade-in values suck!

Find some better games or use a trade in deal to your advantage. Deals can be had on $4.00 trade in games with a percent boost.

I want to post my awesome trade find!

Don’t post values from Gamestop’s website. I think this used to be the norm but was abused by guests. Please use spoiler tags for sensitive information.

What is a trade bump?

Gamestop will usually do a trade bump on certain games you just have to watch for it. This almost always gets mentioned in the forum so just wait for it.

If I save my values on the Gamestop app will they honor them the next day?

No they won’t because their POS system rings in whatever the new value currently. Don’t try arguing with the employees because sometimes they know less than you.

Can I trade-in sealed games?

No they only take open games. Please don’t buy new games and then open the game right in front of any employee. It’s lazy and it looks really bad.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?

They don’t have to have the original material but the original case make life way easier and faster. They just have to scan the barcode unless it is a Walmart game. They have their own barcodes

Do Buy 2 get 1 free coupons work on multiple sets?

They used to but they changed the code. The new code is PUR PRO and only works on one set.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?

You will be hit with a refurb fee or they won’t take it at all. Refurb fees are depend on the value of the item. Trading in games in excellent condition creates a nice rapport with employees and sometimes they won’t even look at your games anymore.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?

Yes you can but only 4, per console, per rolling thirty days.

Can I trade in two of the same game at the same time?

I wouldn’t because it makes you look suspicious and you could get banned for it. Based on the store you could possibly do it. If you are trading in like 50 games it might also get overlooked.

What is the trade limit?

You can trade in about $2000 worth of credit and $500 dollars cash in a rolling thirty days. These aren’t Hard limits so you might not get banned if you go a little over these amounts.

What happens if I get banned?

you wont be able to trade for 3 months. Based on multiple bans and the offense you could get banned forever.

Can I use my points if I am banned?

From what I understand you can still use your rewards points.

If they have a good promo should I get trade in a lot and get banned?

I would play the long game so you can trade very month.

What do I do with all this credit?

Buy games and have fun.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?

Most the time you need a controller, Hdmi input, and the power cord. This goes for most systems.

Should I erase/reset everything on the system?

This can be a catch 22 because it takes forever for them to test the machine. They should erase them after trade in but I don’t know if they do that. I would erase all pertinent information.

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?

Yes but it will be hit with a refurb fee unless they don’t catch what the problem is.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?

It costs $14.99 a year but soon they will have an elite program with better deals.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?

Sometimes but not very often. One example is using the $5 dollar trade in card provided by some Gamestop employees.

I don’t like my Gamestops employees?

If they do something rude or you know is incorrect. Write it on the survey and usually someone will contact you. Otherwise I try to be civil. No one likes dealing with someone crazy at their job. Please try and have respect. Things work out way better when you have a good rapport with employees just don’t spill the beans about good trades or glitches.

Do I need to do the surveys?
​The surveys really help the store and the employee. It is part of what helps a store be prestige (which could lead to special offers). The employees don't get paid much and have to put up with us, the least we can do is fill out the surveys.

My significant other thinks I am drug dealer?

Just explain to here that this is a hobby and that it is not illegal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, wish they had the steelbook of Valkyria Chronicles available.  $19.99 is an excellent price and I'll pull the trigger. 

Damn, wish they had the steelbook of Valkyria Chronicles available. $19.99 is an excellent price and I'll pull the trigger.
ya I went to gamestop to see if they had it and they called like 3 other stores and they didn't have it. So I went to walmart and got steelbook edition for $30.

Stopped at 2 GameStops nobody knew any details about proday.

Caveat to the below, I'm repeating what a GS employ told me. He's usually reliable, and I repeated it back to make sure I wasn't confused.

I think this may have been mentioned already, but regarding an upgrade to elite, and I''l use myself as an example. If you are currently a pro member and you pay $15 to upgrade, whatever you have left on your pro membership gets upgraded to elite and you get 1 year of elite tacked on to the end of it. I have my Pro membership good thru 04/2019 currently, so that would go to elite, plus my elite would be extended to 04/2020.

You're welcome to confirm or deny. I didn't loose any money by asking. It's not even available for purchase in my locale so I'm just gonna wait and see what happens next month. regardless I'm still planning on doing the upgrade. But an extra year would be nice.

giphy.gif

Found this on slick deals (credit where it's due)

10 dollars off GS purchase online

DEAL DOESNT WORK - SORRY

Please let us know you do figure it out please

There is a list of when each region will get Pro Elite rolled out. Moving west to east. SC won't get it until the final phase on 10/18.

The daily store leader call tomorrow should relay the details of pro day to the store leaders, ask one if you know one tomorrow.

A few comments about the FAQ.

1) Thanks for putting one together for the main thread. Very happy to see one here.

2) FAQs answered conversationaly don't feel right and become way too huge. I scrolled alot just now trying to scan 1st post and quickly lost interest. I suggest trimming the answers otherwise people are not going to read it. Also suggest reformatting so there isnt a line space between question and answer.

3) Questions like 'these trade values suck' are not necessary. Those comments are likely from drive-by posters that don't stick around for replies and don't read faqs anyway. Let them leave.

A few comments about the FAQ.
1) Thanks for putting one together for the main thread. Very happy to see one here.
2) FAQs answered conversationaly don't feel right and become way too huge. I scrolled alot just now trying to scan 1st post and quickly lost interest. I suggest trimming the answers otherwise people are not going to read it. Also suggest reformatting so there isnt a line space between question and answer.
3) Questions like 'these trade values suck' are not necessary. Those comments are likely from drive-by posters that don't stick around for replies and don't read faqs anyway. Let them leave.
Good input. Currently working on revamping and cleaning up the faq some with mikeplantguy and rusty's OK.

i was hoping the FAQ would get editing and changed as we went along. I made that pretty quick and knew it wasn't totally on point. I was just hoping to curb some common questions about b2g1 free and trade/ percentage misconceptions. Seems like a pretty small solid crew now. Not to many people reading this forum anymore.

Prestige day? Elite pro membership?
What's next, are they going to bring back funcoland?
Prestige day is historically the month after pro day.

Elite pro has started rolling out on the west coast and will be available everywhere by oct 18th. I'll try to snag a picture of the rollout chart before this weekend if I can.

On previous "Pro Days" have they ever done buy a new console get controller or game for free deals? I know this is a longshot because it's Sony but I got a PS4 Pro last Saturday and will wait to open it just in case.

Thanks

On previous "Pro Days" have they ever done buy a new console get controller or game for free deals? I know this is a longshot because it's Sony but I got a PS4 Pro last Saturday and will wait to open it just in case.

Thanks
They usually stick to game deals for Pro days in my experience. I don't think there's been a single day console bonus deal on a Pro day that I've seen.

Stopped at 2 GameStops nobody knew any details about proday.

Caveat to the below, I'm repeating what a GS employ told me. He's usually reliable, and I repeated it back to make sure I wasn't confused.

I think this may have been mentioned already, but regarding an upgrade to elite, and I''l use myself as an example. If you are currently a pro member and you pay $15 to upgrade, whatever you have left on your pro membership gets upgraded to elite and you get 1 year of elite tacked on to the end of it. I have my Pro membership good thru 04/2019 currently, so that would go to elite, plus my elite would be extended to 04/2020.

You're welcome to confirm or deny. I didn't loose any money by asking. It's not even available for purchase in my locale so I'm just gonna wait and see what happens next month. regardless I'm still planning on doing the upgrade. But an extra year would be nice.
The way it was explained to me was that Elite is a whole new sign up and not an "upgrade" to Pro. So they "cash out" your Pro account, and then I imagine, dump that credit into Elite which will cut your expiration date in half because of the price difference.

The way it was explained to me was that Elite is a whole new sign up and not an "upgrade" to Pro. So they "cash out" your Pro account, and then I imagine, dump that credit into Elite which will cut your expiration date in half because of the price difference.
So if I have 2 more years at the pro level do they refund me $30 and then I use that to sign up for 1 year of elite?

So if I have 2 more years at the pro level do they refund me $30 and then I use that to sign up for 1 year of elite?
I believe so. My home region of stores are going elite next week. I'll confirm then.

I got the notice on the app about the proday on the 16th but no further information. hopefully some sort of add will get posted later

My usual guys weren't working today. The borderline jrD told me I could stop back by tomorrow and grab a flier.

I'll be dropping by to pick up my Samus 3DSXL and other related preorders, so I can snag a flier if it's not posted before that.

This sounds way more likely...no way the other way mentioned would work at all for them (sorry way 2 many ways here..)

This sounds way more likely...no way the other way mentioned would work at all for them (sorry way 2 many ways here..)
Makes sense to me basically you either keep pro or if you upgrade from pro to elite they prorate your remaining pro towards your elite. There's no loss in value either way to me.

....does nintendo accept the 2DS XL for trade-in?

I see no trade listing or pre-owned page for the system

I have a question about the Gamestop website. So I preordered the Thor, Hulk and Loki Pops from Ragnarok. Hulk and Loki came in so I picked them up. They then said the Thor was marked as being in the boxes they got but it appeared they got a double order of Heimdall instead. Anyways, the girl at the register said she could cancel my Thor preorder and have it shipped to my house from online. I said alright and then she did the transaction and told me that it would be with free shipping because that's just how it was at the time on the website. She told me that free shipping occurs pretty frequently for the site but I was wondering if anyone here knows maybe a certain time of the month they offer free shipping or how to get it? I am a pro member if that means anything. There are a couple of other Pops I would like to get from the website that none of my stores have. Thanks.

I saw 60% trade boost towards preowned in ad. Does the computer properly enforce this? Will it do the boost if you include just a bs $1 preowned game?

bread's done
Back