Gamestop Weekly Ad 9/13 - 9/19

http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF - http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/091317/pdf/OLFSI_091317.pdf?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Qx2KGypPCMaLJgVQRL0l5w

FAQ - by Rustyra24

How do I find trade values?

Go onto the Gamestop website and search their trade index.

Why does the Trade value say NA or it’s not in their search system?

That game might ring up as 0.03 or 0.02. Some employees may take it but YMMV

These trade-in values suck!

Find some better games or use a trade in deal to your advantage. Deals can be had on $4.00 trade in games with a percent boost.

I want to post my awesome trade find!

Don’t post values from Gamestop’s website. I think this used to be the norm but was abused by guests. Please use spoiler tags for sensitive information.

What is a trade bump?

Gamestop will usually do a trade bump on certain games you just have to watch for it. This almost always gets mentioned in the forum so just wait for it.

If I save my values on the Gamestop app will they honor them the next day?

No they won’t because their POS system rings in whatever the new value currently. Don’t try arguing with the employees because sometimes they know less than you.

Can I trade-in sealed games?

No they only take open games. Please don’t buy new games and then open the game right in front of any employee. It’s lazy and it looks really bad.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?

They don’t have to have the original material but the original case make life way easier and faster. They just have to scan the barcode unless it is a Walmart game. They have their own barcodes

Do Buy 2 get 1 free coupons work on multiple sets?

They used to but they changed the code. The new code is PUR PRO and only works on one set.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?

You will be hit with a refurb fee or they won’t take it at all. Refurb fees are depend on the value of the item. Trading in games in excellent condition creates a nice rapport with employees and sometimes they won’t even look at your games anymore.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?

Yes you can but only 4, per console, per rolling thirty days.

Can I trade in two of the same game at the same time?

I wouldn’t because it makes you look suspicious and you could get banned for it. Based on the store you could possibly do it. If you are trading in like 50 games it might also get overlooked.

What is the trade limit?

You can trade in about $2000 worth of credit and $500 dollars cash in a rolling thirty days. These aren’t Hard limits so you might not get banned if you go a little over these amounts.

What happens if I get banned?

you wont be able to trade for 3 months. Based on multiple bans and the offense you could get banned forever.

Can I use my points if I am banned?

From what I understand you can still use your rewards points.

If they have a good promo should I get trade in a lot and get banned?

I would play the long game so you can trade very month.

What do I do with all this credit?

Buy games and have fun.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?

Most the time you need a controller, Hdmi input, and the power cord. This goes for most systems.

Should I erase/reset everything on the system?

This can be a catch 22 because it takes forever for them to test the machine. They should erase them after trade in but I don’t know if they do that. I would erase all pertinent information.

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?

Yes but it will be hit with a refurb fee unless they don’t catch what the problem is.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?

It costs $14.99 a year but soon they will have an elite program with better deals.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?

Sometimes but not very often. One example is using the $5 dollar trade in card provided by some Gamestop employees.

I don’t like my Gamestops employees?

If they do something rude or you know is incorrect. Write it on the survey and usually someone will contact you. Otherwise I try to be civil. No one likes dealing with someone crazy at their job. Please try and have respect. Things work out way better when you have a good rapport with employees just don’t spill the beans about good trades or glitches.

Do I need to do the surveys?
​The surveys really help the store and the employee. It is part of what helps a store be prestige (which could lead to special offers). The employees don't get paid much and have to put up with us, the least we can do is fill out the surveys.

My significant other thinks I am drug dealer?

Just explain to here that this is a hobby and that it is not illegal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we're talking about stacking, will that bonus 10% for used purchases stack with my PUR B2G1 coupon?   So, 20% off + B2G1?

So based on that theory and just their track record in general, the consensus would be that there's zero chance of getting $100 bonus tomorrow, right?
I mean... there's a CHANCE it could work.... but I don't think it's a very good one.

I'd love to be wrong, though.

So based on that theory and just their track record in general, the consensus would be that there's zero chance of getting $100 bonus tomorrow, right?
The current $50 extra credit clearly states it does not combine with any other offers... so yes, pretty much zero.

New uncharted was a shitty generic case.
Same. Bought mine yesterday.

Also I would highly suggest you don't go from playing the Uncharted Collection to 4, because the motion blur in 4 is ridiculous. Thinking it has something to do with trying to hide the lower framerate in 4.

Same. Bought mine yesterday.

Also I would highly suggest you don't go from playing the Uncharted Collection to 4, because the motion blur in 4 is ridiculous. Thinking it has something to do with trying to hide the lower framerate in 4.
I haven't noticed that with 4, but I've been playing on PS4 Pro in the past month or so. Patches and pro might cover that issue up.

So will the 10% extra trade in effect the 60% trade in with preowned game at all? I'm hoping to trade games in tomorrow and hope this doesn't mess things up. I guess I don't understand why even offer a 10% trade in if its not going to stack with the other offer.

So will the 10% extra trade in effect the 60% trade in with preowned game at all? I'm hoping to trade games in tomorrow and hope this doesn't mess things up. I guess I don't understand why even offer a 10% trade in if its not going to stack with the other offer.
prior shows no stacks

It will not stack.
Thanks for answering. Oh well, at least I don't need to rush to the store tomorrow.

Trying to figure out what to buy with my B2G1 is surprisingly difficult. Some of the prices of games I want are kinda ridiculous, and only become 'okay' with b2g1.

And I have like... 110 in credit or something, so it's 'free'... but I sort of want a 3DS but those used prices are pretty high compared to Amazon.

Destiny 2 down to $17 is pretty funny. What garbage.

Thanks for answering. Oh well, at least I don't need to rush to the store tomorrow.

Trying to figure out what to buy with my B2G1 is surprisingly difficult. Some of the prices of games I want are kinda ridiculous, and only become 'okay' with b2g1.

And I have like... 110 in credit or something, so it's 'free'... but I sort of want a 3DS but those used prices are pretty high compared to Amazon.
It kind of seems weird to me that they wouldn't stack. I'm gonna try anyways because my b2g1 expires at the end of the month so I need to shit or get off the pot.

I haven't noticed that with 4, but I've been playing on PS4 Pro in the past month or so. Patches and pro might cover that issue up.
Was playing on PS4 pro last night, but without any patches. Patched it over the night, turned off motion blur, and it's considerably better experience now.

Same. I want nier, horizon, and some other $45 game, but even at the discounted $27/game, that's not great. May just use it to get tales of berseria, marvel vs Capcom 3, and Yakuza kiwami for about $17/game.

If you buy a PS4 VR, you should get two free games out of it. RE7 is free in the weekly ad and they have an additional free game in this sale from the list below.  It worked when I added RE7 and Psychonauts to the cart with a headset.

Job Simulator | Psychonauts in the Rhombus Room | Starblood Arena | VR Worlds | Drive Club | Until Dawn: Rush of Blood | EVE: Valkyrie | Robinson: The Journey | RIGS | Battlezone VR

what are the chances of getting a gutted Wipeout omega at the stores?  I hate buying at gamestop but thats a great price for $20

The Call of Duty Ghosts/Advanced Warfare/Black Ops 3 online bundle for $24 seems decent to me?  They each range from $8-15 elsewhere.  I might be the only person on earth who hasn't played any of them and also likes Call of Duty.

Trying to cash in my points for some reward certificates and their reward center is borked.  Freaking Gamestop. 

EDIT - got it to work.  Wipeout Omega Collection for $10 after discount + $10 online GS coupon.....very happy with this deal!

Ordered a funko pop as a gift, a Titanfall 2 funko pop, and Wipeout Omega Collection.  Major fan of PSX Wipeouts, but didn't really like HD - hopefully this one is fun (has great reviews).  And I have too many funkos, but love Titanfall.  Been splurging at Gamestop lately because of that crazy B2G1 Free + 60% bonus awhile back lol

Got RG Gundam Astray Red Frame, RG Gundam Exia, and Wipeout Omega Collection for a few cents short of $70.

Bummed as hell that I missed out on a killer Switch game deal...one store in my area had used copies of Arms, Splatoon and Mario Rabbids...was gonna use a B2G1 coupon, but both Mario and Splatoon sold yesterday :(

anybody who wanted to take advantage of today to transfer credit to best buy, make sure to check values

they were recently updated

I don't think there is a B2G1 promo at stores, just the text and renewal ones.
Are you sure? Clicked on the link in the email I got and towards the bottom it says B2G1 on preowned games (worth up to $55) for ProDay or did I miss read?

People with access to the sheet...what's up with the 50% Credit Bonus? I can't find anything on Gamestop's site about it. Do I need to put the credit towards something specific or what?

Are you sure? Clicked on the link in the email I got and towards the bottom it says B2G1 on preowned games (worth up to $55) for ProDay or did I miss read?
that blurb you were reading was a list of benefits to going pro

it was describing the coupon you get with a membership

People with access to the sheet...what's up with the 50% Credit Bonus? I can't find anything on Gamestop's site about it. Do I need to put the credit towards something specific or what?
I don't have access but can answer your question.

To get the 50% bonus credit trade in games and purchased any used game during the same transaction. The POS will automatically change your trade credit to reflect the extra 50%.

This offer expires tomorrow.

bread's done
Back