Gamestop Weekly Ad 9/13 - 9/19

http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF - http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/091317/pdf/OLFSI_091317.pdf?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Qx2KGypPCMaLJgVQRL0l5w

FAQ - by Rustyra24

How do I find trade values?

Go onto the Gamestop website and search their trade index.

Why does the Trade value say NA or it’s not in their search system?

That game might ring up as 0.03 or 0.02. Some employees may take it but YMMV

These trade-in values suck!

Find some better games or use a trade in deal to your advantage. Deals can be had on $4.00 trade in games with a percent boost.

I want to post my awesome trade find!

Don’t post values from Gamestop’s website. I think this used to be the norm but was abused by guests. Please use spoiler tags for sensitive information.

What is a trade bump?

Gamestop will usually do a trade bump on certain games you just have to watch for it. This almost always gets mentioned in the forum so just wait for it.

If I save my values on the Gamestop app will they honor them the next day?

No they won’t because their POS system rings in whatever the new value currently. Don’t try arguing with the employees because sometimes they know less than you.

Can I trade-in sealed games?

No they only take open games. Please don’t buy new games and then open the game right in front of any employee. It’s lazy and it looks really bad.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?

They don’t have to have the original material but the original case make life way easier and faster. They just have to scan the barcode unless it is a Walmart game. They have their own barcodes

Do Buy 2 get 1 free coupons work on multiple sets?

They used to but they changed the code. The new code is PUR PRO and only works on one set.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?

You will be hit with a refurb fee or they won’t take it at all. Refurb fees are depend on the value of the item. Trading in games in excellent condition creates a nice rapport with employees and sometimes they won’t even look at your games anymore.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?

Yes you can but only 4, per console, per rolling thirty days.

Can I trade in two of the same game at the same time?

I wouldn’t because it makes you look suspicious and you could get banned for it. Based on the store you could possibly do it. If you are trading in like 50 games it might also get overlooked.

What is the trade limit?

You can trade in about $2000 worth of credit and $500 dollars cash in a rolling thirty days. These aren’t Hard limits so you might not get banned if you go a little over these amounts.

What happens if I get banned?

you wont be able to trade for 3 months. Based on multiple bans and the offense you could get banned forever.

Can I use my points if I am banned?

From what I understand you can still use your rewards points.

If they have a good promo should I get trade in a lot and get banned?

I would play the long game so you can trade very month.

What do I do with all this credit?

Buy games and have fun.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?

Most the time you need a controller, Hdmi input, and the power cord. This goes for most systems.

Should I erase/reset everything on the system?

This can be a catch 22 because it takes forever for them to test the machine. They should erase them after trade in but I don’t know if they do that. I would erase all pertinent information.

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?

Yes but it will be hit with a refurb fee unless they don’t catch what the problem is.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?

It costs $14.99 a year but soon they will have an elite program with better deals.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?

Sometimes but not very often. One example is using the $5 dollar trade in card provided by some Gamestop employees.

I don’t like my Gamestops employees?

If they do something rude or you know is incorrect. Write it on the survey and usually someone will contact you. Otherwise I try to be civil. No one likes dealing with someone crazy at their job. Please try and have respect. Things work out way better when you have a good rapport with employees just don’t spill the beans about good trades or glitches.

Do I need to do the surveys?
​The surveys really help the store and the employee. It is part of what helps a store be prestige (which could lead to special offers). The employees don't get paid much and have to put up with us, the least we can do is fill out the surveys.

My significant other thinks I am drug dealer?

Just explain to here that this is a hobby and that it is not illegal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw 60% trade boost towards preowned in ad. Does the computer properly enforce this? Will it do the boost if you include just a bs $1 preowned game?
Yes. That will work. I did it that way. The store leader was not too happy when I did it and that is why I left him such a lovely survey review :p

I have a question about the Gamestop website. So I preordered the Thor, Hulk and Loki Pops from Ragnarok. Hulk and Loki came in so I picked them up. They then said the Thor was marked as being in the boxes they got but it appeared they got a double order of Heimdall instead. Anyways, the girl at the register said she could cancel my Thor preorder and have it shipped to my house from online. I said alright and then she did the transaction and told me that it would be with free shipping because that's just how it was at the time on the website. She told me that free shipping occurs pretty frequently for the site but I was wondering if anyone here knows maybe a certain time of the month they offer free shipping or how to get it? I am a pro member if that means anything. There are a couple of other Pops I would like to get from the website that none of my stores have. Thanks.
Promo code FREESHIPPING usually works most of the time.

Heads up for anyone still hanging onto their B2G1 code from the text offer, you will have to make the whole purchase in store.

They tried doing an online order since I couldn't find the 3rd game I wanted in store, but system doesn't work with this.

Heads up for anyone still hanging onto their B2G1 code from the text offer, you will have to make the whole purchase in store.
They tried doing an online order since I couldn't find the 3rd game I wanted in store, but system doesn't work with this.
Wtf?? Anyone know when these b2g1 text codes expire?

Does anyone know if the OG Xbox one 500gb used/refurb consoles are $149.99 in store too? If so, I wonder if two free

Does anyone know if the OG Xbox one 500gb used/refurb consoles are $149.99 in store too? If so, I wonder if two free <$20 pre-owned games are included.
They are $149.99 in store also, but I don't think they get the free cheap used games included anymore.

Has anyone tried to see if the b2g1 text coupon will combine with the 60% trade in boost? I have a bunch of old games I'm planning to trade in for some pre-owned stuff.

Just got the pro day email it's pretty ugly haha basically a GCU price failure at attempt. Didn't see anything I wanted, here's some things that I saw

Xbone/PS4

Injustass 2 $39.99 (Yes I did say ass)
Mafia 3 $19.99
MGS V Definitive $19.9
Mortal Kombat XL $19.99
Skyrim SE $24.99
Tekken 7 $39.99
Witcher 3 Complete Ed $29.99
Watchdogs 2 $24.99

Well pro day seems like a bust. $50 console bonus if you trade in towards a new PS4, $50 gift card for new 1tb Xbox one s. Rest are games that have been cheaper plenty of other places

Used my B2g1...

Traded in my black dualshock (which came to $35 somehow? Estimate was 29 online?)

Grabbed a gold controller, re7 and gravity Rush 2. New uncharted was a shitty generic case.

With the controller trade in and the promo everything was like $50. That's about 17 bucks each, so I don't feel bad not waiting for a price drop.

I know nobody cares haha. I'm just typing this for myself because I'm proud that I actually got into this trade in and promo shit I see yall doing all the time.

Used my B2g1...

Traded in my black dualshock (which came to $35 somehow? Estimate was 29 online?)

Grabbed a gold controller, re7 and gravity Rush 2. New uncharted was a shitty generic case.

With the controller trade in and the promo everything was like $50. That's about 17 bucks each, so I don't feel bad not waiting for a price drop.

I know nobody cares haha. I'm just typing this for myself because I'm proud that I actually got into this trade in and promo shit I see yall doing all the time.
did you put $5 down on a preorder at all? you got a 30% boost on the controller

Used my B2g1...
You probably got credited that bonus $5 thing. It's a little coupon card you're generally supposed to present yourself but my local store has one taped next to the register and gives it to everyone. It doesn't show any indication on the receipt other than just raising the trade value on 1 item by $5.00. Not sure about the extra $1. Glad it all worked out for ya

For pro day tomorrow, looks like you get an extra 10% trade in credit as well as an extra 10% saving on any prenowned games. I wonder if it will stack with the 60% trade in promo.

For pro day tomorrow, looks like you get an extra 10% trade in credit as well as an extra 10% saving on any prenowned games. I wonder if it will stack with the 60% trade in promo.
is that true?

I thought they were just advertising what pro memberships do

Man, if tomorrow is 20% off Pre-Owned, then that just makes me more bummed about someone beating me to the only used copy of Mario & Rabbids in town...I was planning to get that, Arms, and Splatoon 2 with a B2G1 coupon at a store that had all 3...

Now I have to either choose another game (The Surge, or Dirt 4 are close to that price range and appeal), or hope for another copy of Mario & Rabbids to pop up before the coupon expires at the end of the month :(

Assuming we are all reading it right, and the 10% extra trade in is a real thing for Pro day, then yes it should stack, making it 70% extra.

Assuming we are all reading it right, and the 10% extra trade in is a real thing for Pro day, then yes it should stack, making it 70% extra.
Yeah but aren't the trade in values abysmal right now? 70% additional might get you up to the amount of a normal stealth bump.

Yeah but aren't the trade in values abysmal right now? 70% additional might get you up to the amount of a normal stealth bump.
This is also true. Guess it depends on whether or not you think it is worth it to wait for a possible stealth bump, as well as a possible promo on top of that. It is probably worth it though to trade in the games that typically do not get bumped... that's what I am planning on doing.

True. Unless it's a game that doesn't get bumped. I have a few of those.

Also if you trade now be aware that this may cut in to your monthly limit when (if) the bump happens at the end of the month.

I have a feeling the stealth bumps, as we knew them, won't come back, and the trade in values won't bounce back either... Thanks to the Elite program. I'm mostly bummed about the tanking console trade values, and those don't benefit from Elite at all.

I have a feeling the stealth bumps, as we knew them, won't comeback, and the trade in values won't bounce back either... Thanks to the Elite program. I'm mostly bummed about the tanking console trade values, and those don't benefit from Elite at all.
If that's the case we're left with 2 options.

1) Low hassle for low TIV from GS (or other retailers)

Or

2) High hassle high TIV from direct to buyer markets. Craigslist, Ebay, letgo, etc.

I don't think they are quite that bad but most games did drop a good $5-7 across the board so it's not going to be much better

I have a feeling the stealth bumps, as we knew them, won't come back, and the trade in values won't bounce back either... Thanks to the Elite program. I'm mostly bummed about the tanking console trade values, and those don't benefit from Elite at all.
I don't know if things will change but the value of the Switch games I have been watching are increasing in value. Gone up about 4 dollars or so.

Not sure if mentioned earlier but Pro Elite coupon is available using reward points. Costs 30K points.
Thanks. Says it's good for 9/18/2017 to 12/31/2018. Still want to know what will happen to my current membership. Seems like this is aimed at brand new menberships. Wish there was a cert to upgrade from pro to elite for 15,000 points.

It may just be cash out remaining pro membership. Then sign up for elite, pay $30 or use 30k points.

I know better, but the current $50 console bonus runs through 9/17 and isn't contingent upon putting it towards anything specifically. Does the fact that there is a separate $50 bonus tomorrow only towards a PS4 mean that they stack? Again, logic says no but if not then what the hell is the point of that promo?

I know better, but the current $50 console bonus runs through 9/17 and isn't contingent upon putting it towards anything specifically. Does the fact that there is a separate $50 bonus tomorrow only towards a PS4 mean that they stack? Again, logic says no but if not then what the hell is the point of that promo?
They know that casual shoppers make mistakes that are profitable for them. That is the answer to many of their illogical/amoral actions.

Unlike some of the other stuff called out in the flyer, the "trade towards a PS4" thing DOESN'T have text beneath it saying that it's only valid for Pro Members...

So maybe it's more of a "if you're not a Pro member you only get the bonus if you trade towards a PS4, but if you're a Pro member you don't have to trade towards anything to get the $50 extra" type thing.

They know that casual shoppers make mistakes that are profitable for them. That is the answer to many of their illogical/amoral actions.
Unlike some of the other stuff called out in the flyer, the "trade towards a PS4" thing DOESN'T have text beneath it saying that it's only valid for Pro Members...

So maybe it's more of a "if you're not a Pro member you only get the bonus if you trade towards a PS4, but if you're a Pro member you don't have to trade towards anything to get the $50 extra" type thing.
So based on that theory and just their track record in general, the consensus would be that there's zero chance of getting $100 bonus tomorrow, right?

bread's done
Back