Gameznflix.com coupon! $12.75 for 3 out at a time! This is CHEAP!

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
The source? My Dad. LOL

EDIT: Just found out where he got the code from, it's from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gameznflix.com

If you don't know, Gameznflix (http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx?kbid=1447) is a site like Netflix and Gamefly, just together. You can rent movies and games. The only thing is their selection is limited and they DON'T have any DS games.. GRRR!!

But, when you click on sign up, go to I HAVE A COUPON and type in emmys.

Now look at the prices!

1 Out at a Time / $6.75 each month
2 Out at a Time / $9.75 each month
3 Out at a Time / $12.75 each month

3 out a time for $12.75 a month?! Holla!

I may do two at a time.. I haven't signed up YET I'm just sharing this info for anything.

I don't know if it's going to be YOUR price..as in if you stay with this company for a year.. will it STILL be $12.75? (or whatever you choose)

And a personal question. I live at home. If my dad uses this for him/mom/brother..can I have my own account..? We have the same name too LOL (with the exception of Jr in it)

I don't post deals often, but I hope this is useful to at LEAST someone!

Enjoy!

EDITED to change link to CAG referral link.

Also, here's the FAQ since alot of people seem to have questions
http://www.gameznflix.com/support/quickfaq.asp

Here is a list of the distribution centers, since this too gets asked alot in this thread!

Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA

This is the customer service number if you need any assistance!
1-888-542-6817

I've been a member of GnF for the last 6 months, after getting screwed over pretty badly by Gamefly (continual lost rentals & they never shipped GRAW, even though they said they did... I went for 2 MONTHS waiting for it to arrive in the mail, eventually just cancelling and buying it in a store).

PROS:

Cheap cost.
Very fast shipping for me (central PA).
Decent selection.

CONS:

No DS games. (I asked them about it not too long ago, and they said they weren't planning on adding them anytime soon because of the logistics of sending such a physically small game.)
Website / database needs substantial work.
Customer Service is terrible.

MY REVIEW:

So far, GnF has been a good switch for me. Games arrive very quickly, once they ship, but getting them to ship can be a pain sometimes. Right now, I have 9 games in my queue, and I haven't gotten a game in the past 10 days. The games I have in the queue are: Lost Planet, Untold Legends, Red Steel, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Star Trek Legacy, Elebits, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, and MGS: Portable Ops. All of them are listed as "short wait", and I'm a patient guy, so I'm waiting.

I stick with them because the price simply can't be beaten, even without the 25% coupon. I'm hesitant to even mention it, but I've gotten 2 games for free, because they said I returned them when I didn't. I still have them, in case they notice, but both games were ones that I liked and kept for a few weeks anyway. I've been waiting for them to request the games, or send me some kind of bill or something, but in both cases, it's been quite a while, and I figured if they were going to do something about it, they would have. I'm assuming it's due to an error in their database, which in my opinion, needs major work anyway. (They still don't list Crackdown as an upcoming title, which won't be a problem until it's released... but I'd still like to see it in my queue for when it does come out.) I'd prefer to not say which games I have, because if they don't know, I'm not going to tell them. In any event, don't let this sway your decision one way or the other.

Omatsei - looks like we have a near identicle queue. I'm patient as well, but my biggest problem is with their status bars, which mean nothing. Short wait means the game will not ship to you within 14 days, I have waited and paid for two weeks to see if a short wait game would ship and it didn't. GnF is only good for games that are 3-4 months old. I cannot believe Wario Ware for the Wii went straight to high demand. It's been in my queue for a month and I have 4 open spaces.

I know Frame City Killer is cancelled. It was cancelled last Spring... that's why I put that -cough- in there. Part of my frustration is the fact that's it's still listed as an available game. If they rented PC games, would Duke Nukem Forever would be listed?

I'm trying to keep my skepticism in check here, but so far I'm extremely unimpressed.

Hmm, so far I've thrown away the money because they haven't shipped a thing. The first shipment should be the most important because that is when you've paid the money and have nothing to show for it. I'll give them until Monday and if they haven't shipped a thing I'm not waiting around for them to get their crap together. These places have to realize they have to fund promotions like this, not just throw them out there and see what sticks.

Ok, I'm going to throw my two cents in on this deal. I've done a few trials with GnF before, and I've now signed up again because of this great deal. And while they haven't been mind blowingly spectacular, most businesses aren't, and everyones experiences are relative. There are so many factors that will determine your "satisfaction" with a rental company. Examples:

A. Proximity to a shipping center. People on the west coast think Gamefly is the greatest thing since sliced bread. People on the east coast might have a better experience with GnF. Yes, there have been horror stories about GnF, but there have been horror stories about Gamefly as well. Hell, I can tell you horror stories about Wal-Mart, BestBuy, Ruby Tuesday, Taco Bell, etc. Nobody has great experiences 100% of the time.

B. Popularity of selections in your queue. I think it's ridiculous seeing many of you list 9 BRAND NEW games in your queue and then complain that you haven't gotten anything. How many thousand people do you think have those exact same games (or some combination of them) in their queue?

And using the argument "Well they should see before the game is released how many people want it and order that many!" is a really weak argument because any rental company that's going to order a game for each member who wants one might as well just give them the damn thing as a gift. I'm sure depending on the popularity of the game, there is a set amount that they order. Then, whomever added it to their queue first gets it, while others have to wait. I just don't understand what's wrong with people anymore. Everybody is freakin royalty these days. And we wonder why the rest of the world thinks Americans are a bunch of spoiled snobs. Nobody's ever satisfied, and the grass is always greener on the other side. Wake up people.

I signed up its pretty hard to scoff at 3 movie/games for 12.75. The website sucks. The service sucks. The queue thing sucks. They did however send me Elebits wii, Sega Collection vol2 ps2, and Callof Duty 3 wii. I had a queue of 12 things and those items are like items number 2, 4, and 6 on it. Most of my queue shows short way, including all the games that shipped, and the three games that are on high demand are Digital Devil Saga, warioware, and metal slug anthology. I'm a little surprised also by what was "on order". Despite all that if I can get 2 cycles of games that I actually wanna play for 12.75 a month then I'll think I come out on top. Sorry for the lengthy unintelligible review but I figured it might possibly help those on the fence.

Fair response, I'm just frustrated, b/c they used to ship popular new release titles shortly after release, but now they don't. The problem with renting games is that popularity of titles peaks in the first few months a game hits, esp. if it is an XBOX Live game. Once a game has been out for a few months, people generally move on. I guess I need to realize that GnF is not able to ship any new games regardless of how early I add them to my queue and just focus on older titles, which can be fun, I've had a lot of fun with the Godfather over the past few weeks. I just think it no longer becomes a great bargain when you can't get the new releases. I do not expect them to order a game for everyone in queue (I was just pissed). My only point is that 6 months ago, I was convienced that renting was great and wondered why anyone would buy new games, now I have seen the problems of renting. I guess my issue with GnF is why were they able to meet my expectations 6 months ago and not now.

Just decided to check out their movie selection.

I searched for 30 movies (I'm not exagerating, I counted them) I wanted to check out, and they had only one of them (22nd title I searched for: Mulholland Drive).

Obviously, do not cancel your Netflix subscription, this is NOT even CLOSE to an adequate movie rental service.

[quote name='NoRain']The website sucks. The service sucks. The queue thing sucks. [/quote]

All true - especially the website. It's ugly as sin.

The only reason anybody is even considering this deal is for the price. ..and why do you think they're offering the service for such a low price? Because it's fucking garbage.

I had a Gameznflix subscription for the majority of 2006, but cancelled this week. They had been fantastic up to late November.

The past 2 months have been completely horrific. The same 7 Short games in my que for over 45 days and I only got 1 game at a time with my 3 a month plan over the last two months.

I urge everyone to stay away from Gameznflix. Thier service has really gone into the crapper. I'm just guessing it may have something to do with not supplying an increased amount of games for all their new signups.

prayformojo - I understand your frustrations, and I wasn't saying that improvements can't be made. There's definitely things GnF can improve on, and with the influx of subscriptions, it would be wise for them to increase the number of copies they carry. My main point was just that it's all about compromise. The only way for you to truly get what you want, when you want it, is to just buy the games (and even that doesn't work sometimes...ask the people still looking for Wii's).

Using any online rental service allows you to save some money and prevents you from wasting money on the next "great game" that turns out to be crap. You just have to take the good with the bad. I find GnF to be a good deal, and not just for old games. I've seen several people just in this thread list fairly recent games that have been shipped to them. If GnF was claiming to have the newest releases but weren't shipping them at all, then I'd be pissed. This just boils down to not being the first in line...which to me is ok. I can't be mad at the guy ahead of me for getting there first. All that said, I do agree with you though, they definitely can improve, and hopefully they will. We just have to give them a chance to.

I joined Gameznflix.com a while ago. I remember they have slow shipping. How is Gameznflix.com now? Do they have faster shipping now?

[quote name='yogi99']I joined Gameznflix.com a while ago. I remember they have slow shipping. How is Gameznflix.com now? Do they have faster shipping now?[/quote]

As if their shipping/que system didn't suck to begin with, with all of the people that just signed up for this $12.75 deal, don't expect to receive games anytime soon.

Side not for Gamefly... Gamefly from CA to NJ still takes a maximum of exactly 3 days, and in most instances only 2 days - I've never had a game take longer than 3 days to get to me in 8 months. I don't know why it's slower to people in other parts of the country - maybe those post offices process that type of mail slower.

[quote name='iamthekiller']As if their shipping/que system didn't suck to begin with, with all of the people that just signed up for this $12.75 deal, don't expect to receive games anytime soon.

Side not for Gamefly... Gamefly from CA to NJ still takes a maximum of exactly 3 days, and in most instances only 2 days - I've never had a game take longer than 3 days to get to me in 8 months. I don't know why it's slower to people in other parts of the country - maybe those post offices process that type of mail slower.[/QUOTE]

Where at in NJ are you?! I live in NJ (South Jersey) and sometimes YES it took 3 days. One time it came 2 days (GASP!!)..but for me it took like 4-6 days on average!! :(

...on top of a few shipping problems. I would send them a game, and they never received it and vice versa ..sigh

Hope this service is better. I really do hope they got a lot of new members from this promotion..thus being able to buy more games/movies ^_^

Alright, wow. To this new group of people coming to the thread just to say "GameznFlix sucks!!!" it's really starting to get old dealing with people who lack the intelligence to weigh the pros and cons of this service.

First, you have to consider your choices. Option 1 is just buying all of the games and movies that you'd like. Most of us don't have the finances to be able to do that. Option 2 is choosing between services such as Netflix for movies, Gamefly for games, or Blockbuster, which offers kind of a middle of the road service, but not quite good enough. GamenFlix is the ONLY provider to incorporate...if I may, Games...and...Flix into one plan. To many, including myself, this is infinitely valuable.

Therefore, we then must decide if the service provided, and any negative aspects that may come with it are worth the monthly charge, OR whether it would be smarter to go with option 1 or option 2 (see above). Now before you piss yourself in excitement, this does not mean that the service is perfect, but compared to the alternatives and what we're willing to pay, it's worth it.

Now, I certainly can't justify not receiving any games or movies at all, but that would relate to the popularity of the item, which I've already discussed in a previous post. But pissing and moaning, and bitching and whining about how you can't get a game that was released 3 days ago is ridiculous. If it's that important to you, go buy it!

I just can't stand people who give shitty advice just based on their own personal convictions. Be objective. Consider why some people might value the service, and what is reasonable to expect of it. GameznFlix is not perfect, but it's nowhere near as bad as these freakin crybabies make it out to be.

I signed up two days ago and put some things in my queue (some old, some new). Surprisingly, Black for PS2 hasn't shipped yet, but Wario Ware Wii has.

*sigh*

Yeah. I'm not too impressed so far.

This service pretty much sucks.

If they don't ship a game by tomorrow I'm going to be pretty fucking upset.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Alright, wow. To this new group of people coming to the thread just to say "GameznFlix sucks!!!" it's really starting to get old dealing with people who lack the intelligence to weigh the pros and cons of this service.

First, you have to consider your choices. Option 1 is just buying all of the games and movies that you'd like. Most of us don't have the finances to be able to do that. Option 2 is choosing between services such as Netflix for movies, Gamefly for games, or Blockbuster, which offers kind of a middle of the road service, but not quite good enough. GamenFlix is the ONLY provider to incorporate...if I may, Games...and...Flix into one plan. To many, including myself, this is infinitely valuable.[/quote]Saying Gameznflix incorperates movies into their service is a huge overstatement. Like I said, I looked for 30 titles I wanted, and they had one (which was in high demand). Not to mention the website is nearly unusable. I wound up looking for movies on Netflix and then taking the titles and searching for them on Gameznflix.

Therefore, we then must decide if the service provided, and any negative aspects that may come with it are worth the monthly charge, OR whether it would be smarter to go with option 1 or option 2 (see above). Now before you piss yourself in excitement, this does not mean that the service is perfect, but compared to the alternatives and what we're willing to pay, it's worth it.

Now, I certainly can't justify not receiving any games or movies at all, but that would relate to the popularity of the item, which I've already discussed in a previous post. But pissing and moaning, and bitching and whining about how you can't get a game that was released 3 days ago is ridiculous. If it's that important to you, go buy it!
We already payed for it. You're acting as if this is free. And nobody said shit about a game released 3 days ago. I have 11 games on my queue, all of which were released months ago (varying from over a year, to one month), and every single one is listed as "supply outweighs demand, but we should be able to get it to you within 14 days". That's not renting games. That's ludicrous!

I just can't stand people who give shitty advice just based on their own personal convictions. Be objective. Consider why some people might value the service, and what is reasonable to expect of it. GameznFlix is not perfect, but it's nowhere near as bad as these freakin crybabies make it out to be.
You're not being objective. You're trying to justify your purchase to yourself.

[quote name='lilboo']Where at in NJ are you?! I live in NJ (South Jersey) and sometimes YES it took 3 days. One time it came 2 days (GASP!!)..but for me it took like 4-6 days on average!! :(

...on top of a few shipping problems. I would send them a game, and they never received it and vice versa ..sigh

Hope this service is better. I really do hope they got a lot of new members from this promotion..thus being able to buy more games/movies ^_^[/quote]
Yea, I don't know why gamefly games get here so quickly. I'm in north NJ, Passaic county. Getting games to Gamefly usually takes 3-4 days and fastreturn usually doesn't work, but getting them here still has never taken longer than 3 days, and most of the time still 2 days. They regularly ship games to me on Saturday and I've received them on Monday.

And now I go batsh*t crazy. How does someone who just signed up and is paying $12.75 a month get Wario Ware for the Wii when I have 4 open spots, have had the game in queue for a month, have been a customer for almost a year, and pay $250 a year for the service?

n8rockerasu - I appreciate your comments and you would be correct; however, GnF's queue system does not work. All these popular games, GoW, RS:Vegas, etc. were in my queue as soon as they were available for pre-order and I have never received any of them. Also, the message customer service sends when you complain about games not being shipped is that there is unexpected high demand and they are in the process of ordering more titles to meet demand. Back to my point earlier, you know exactly how many people have the game in queue prior to release, so order accordingly. I'm not saying a game for every sub, but do not send me some bs excuse about how demand is greater than expected and that you are actively ordering more supply.

Bottom line: No rhyme or reason to when games ship, just hope for the best and for the love of god do not sign up for the $250 annual plan. You will sit around with open spots in your queue. I guess I could put some HD DVDs in my queue, except for the fact that all the December releases are still showing as "on order" a month later.

[quote name='prayformojo']Also, the message customer service sends when you complain about games not being shipped is that there is unexpected high demand and they are in the process of ordering more titles to meet demand.[/QUOTE]
Wow. That really pisses me off. It's complete bullshit.

They didn't expect any sort of demand, they just didn't buy enough fucking copies. Unexpected high demand my ass.

Every fucking game has too few copies for their userbase, bar none. They aren't being suprised when they don't ship games to customers, they're just counting all the cash they got by treating their customers like shit.

I agree that it's a compromise - not everybody is going to love the Web site and games seem to ship out randomly (not based on queue or availability).

Speaking as an individual and as somebody who just wants to play all of the games on my list at one point, I think the service has been fine. I put Lost Planet on my list and it shipped out the next day after joining GnF.

If you want a specific game on a specific date, go to Blockbuster and rent it or go and buy it if it's that important to you.

Nice so they do ship on Saturdays!

Thanks, maybe I will get Saints Row and Psychonauts tomorrow :)

If I live in Salt Lake City, Utah, and there are shipping centers in CO and CA, how long do you think it would take?

[quote name='themothman421']Nice so they do ship on Saturdays!

If I live in Salt Lake City, Utah, and there are shipping centers in CO and CA, how long do you think it would take?[/quote]

How could anybody answer this? GnF couldn't even. They have shipping centers spread all over the country, with a now even more limited supply at each one. I'd say don't hold your breath.

Umm lets see

This for 3 items at a time for 12.75 per month and get crappy service or

Blockbuster 1 at a time deal with instore return 9.99
Gamefly 2 at a time 16.95 (after 5 buck britespot rebate)

Ummm i would rather pay 29 bucks per month and have games and movies then to pay 13 bucks per month just to have everything sit at SHORT to LONG wait.

just signed up. How do they bill you? Automatically bill the credit card monthly like vonage does? do they send you a billing email? What is the billing cycle?

[quote name='prayformojo']And now I go batsh*t crazy. How does someone who just signed up and is paying $12.75 a month get Wario Ware for the Wii when I have 4 open spots, have had the game in queue for a month, have been a customer for almost a year, and pay $250 a year for the service?[/quote] This promotion has suckered in a whole new crop of customers. What GnF will do is provide these newcomers with exemplary service for their trial period and then relegate them to wait queue hell once they pay for an extended subscription. Textbook example of bait and switch.

Well I had 2 games/1 movie that shipped out on the 17th. I just received 2 today. 1 Movie, and 1 game.

Hopefully the other comes tomorrow. So far.. so good!

While I appreciate the debate that has been going on, I still think each person will have a different experience, some good, some bad. And I agree it's unfortunate that everyone who pays the same price (or even more prayformojo) should receive the best service possible, I have to bring up how does this make GnF different from pretty much 99% of the rest of businesses in the world? One guy goes into Burger King and gets great service, everybody's friendly, they get his order right. The guy at the next register gets half paid attention to, has his order screwed up, and gets overcharged for it. Is this not life? There is no justice to these kinds of things.

And whoever suggested paying $29 per month to rent movies and videogames, do you actually have bills? Considering the nature of this board, I seriously doubt I'm alone when I speak of things such as rent, utilities, car payments, student loans, etc. If you can afford $29 a month just to rent stuff...on top of life's other expenses, then more power to ya. I just wonder what you're doing here.

I really don't get those having trouble getting movies either. I signed up for the 2 at a time plan on the 16th, and had World Trade Center and The Devil Wears Prada (for the wife) ship on the 17th, and received them both today (19th) They both said "short wait" when I added them. Sure, I had some games higher up on my queue, but it's cool. We'll probably watch one tonight, and I'll swap it out tomorrow. What I'll probably do is remove all movies from my queue, until I receive one game, then I'll let that game occupy one spot, and use the other spot for movies. When I beat that game, I'll move on to the next one I want to play. It's just a matter of manipulating your queue to serve you. For $9.75 a month, I can't complain.

[quote name='gamerasscheap']I'm new to this website and can anyone tell me what YMMV means and what does Shaq Fu have to do with fuck[/quote]
:lol::applause:

Shaq Fu is a word filter that appears wherever you cuss. Watch this - read the FAQs you fucking newb. See?

YMMV means your mileage may vary, meaning you can have different results as others.

[quote name='gamerasscheap']I'm new to this website and can anyone tell me what YMMV means and what does Shaq Fu have to do with fuck[/QUOTE]

This makes me laugh.

I think people need to chill out about this debate - not everybody is going to get the same service, as others have alluded to. And to everybody who just hate the crap out of GnF, that's fine. Just don't try to convince everybody else because you had a bad experience that they're going to. Your points are taken. It is a risk, but that's why it's cheaper per month.

RudyPants - Thanks for summing up my endless rants..lol. It just drives me crazy when people flame things because of one bad experience. Like I said, if we're going to do that, we might as well throw every fast food restaurant or department store that's ever screwed us over on the list as well. There wouldn't be anywhere left to go! haha.

[quote name='RudyPants']This makes me laugh.

I think people need to chill out about this debate - not everybody is going to get the same service, as others have alluded to. And to everybody who just hate the crap out of GnF, that's fine. Just don't try to convince everybody else because you had a bad experience that they're going to. Your points are taken. It is a risk, but that's why it's cheaper per month.[/QUOTE]
I haven't heard anyone trying to convince someone else not to take the service, however, so I assume you're talking about the bad experiences and negative comments that adorn this thread.

In that case what the fuck is wrong? Suddenly we can't voice our negative opinions on a forum? What if I had something positive to say about the service? I bet you'd welcome those comments.

You're basically telling people not to comment on the service, and seeing as this is a forum, and this is a thread on the service, it is perfectly reasonable to comment on it.

Obviously I will ignore your request, and I will continue to voice my opinions on this and other services, and I appreciate it when others are thoughtful enough to offer their opinions to me.

[quote name='themothman421']Nice so they do ship on Saturdays!

If I live in Salt Lake City, Utah, and there are shipping centers in CO and CA, how long do you think it would take?[/QUOTE]
Gameznflix states that, after shipped, items should arrive within 48 hours. Supposedly they've been working with the postal service, and this feature will be in full implementation "by the end of 2006". Unfortunately, that FAQ is obviously outdated. I do hope that the 48-hour shipping has been implemented.

Rainbow Six: Vegas just shipped out today. I believe it was somewhere around #5 in my queue. I'm fine with that, though, I'm glad they shipped me something.

Lets see if it arrives on Monday.

PyroGamer - It's not so much your "opinion" that's not appreciated. It's the obvious pessimism that runs rampant through your posts. Why did you even bother to sign up if your expectations were so low? My guess is you're used to being disappointed, and you're just angry about it. And the way you present your opinion, there's no other way to describe it, aside from just bitching. If you don't like the service, just cancel, and sign up for one of the more expensive services that are allegedly "better". Just don't ignore why GnF could be valuable to others, even if it doesn't meet your expectations.

[quote name='rodeojones903']So far so good for me. I received my first three games two days after signing up.[/quote]

See, value is relative to your expectations (bad luck aside). Some people are happy with it.

You get what you pay for i've used Blockbuster & Gamefly they cost more but in my opinion had a better turn around & service but were both too expensive. GamesandFlix has it's own problems such as games are slow to get added for rent and my number one problem with them is I have 5 items in my queue and 67 on order and there is no way of actualy talking to a real person just a generic email response

[quote name='n8rockerasu']PyroGamer - It's not so much your "opinion" that's not appreciated. It's the obvious pessimism that runs rampant through your posts.[/quote]
"Pessimism n: A general disposition to look on the dark side and to expect the worst in all things"

Even if I did fit that definition, what's wrong with that in this context? Obviously the people who come into this thread need to see the "dark side" of Gameznflix. If I have a "general disposition" towards the good side of things, isn't that just as bad?

And as for expecting the worst in all things, I don't. I expect what I decide is reasonable to expect. I'll get into exactly what I expected in a minute. And if you think my expectations were "the worst", then you obviously don't have much of an imagination (and you aren't able to read the horror storys in this thread)

Why did you even bother to sign up if your expectations were so low?
My expectations weren't low. They were reasonable. I knew a lot about the service going in. I knew the website was slow. I new the queue system and availability was messed up. I knew the movie selection was horrid. But I expected to have a game shipped to me, and I'd be able to play it, and I'd be able to return it and get more games. For a flat monthly fee.

So far Gameznflix has shown every promise to meet those expectations. And as such I do not intend to cancel it anytime soon.

If all my negative comments on the site lead you to think the service wouldn't be worth it, then why are you paying for it? Because all of my comments, you MUST admit, are true. I realize all my comments are true, and I still feel the service is worth $10 a month. Why wouldn't I?

My guess is you're used to being disappointed, and you're just angry about it.
No. I'm not. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't expect the worse of me. That sounds like *gasp* pessimism. Not to mention rude.

Of all the purchases I've made, especially relating to videogaming, I've been overwhelmingly satisfied. And the reason I've been overwhelmingly satisfied is because people like me were kind enough to share their opinions on products and services, so I'd know what I was getting into.

Or I had done other such research by myself.

Xbox 360, overwhelmingly satisfied, Netflix, overwhelmingly satisfied, Gears of War for $45 at launch, overwhelmingly satisfied, Viva Piñata for $15 a week after launch, overwhelmingly satisfied, Vision Camera Gold Pack for $40, overwhelmingly satisfied, Oblivion for $30, overwhelmingly satisfied, television, overwhelmingly satisfied, replacement plan for Xbox 360, overwhelmingly satisfied.

The last time I was dissapointed with a purchase was when I went to Taco Bell and they messed up my order, and the food was cold and bland.

I am never dissapointed in my purchases because I do my research. And usually that research includes comments from others on the pros and cons of a service.

And the way you present your opinion, there's no other way to describe it, aside from just bitching. If you don't like the service, just cancel, and sign up for one of the more expensive services that are allegedly "better".
One: who said I didn't like the service?

Two: Once again you're telling me "if you don't like it, don't buy it. And you definitely better not actually post negative comments about it on a messege board". What does posting negative comments, ills, and grievences on a messege board have to do with canceling a service? I should hide it? Cancel my service in private? Keep it all hush-hush as to not tarnish the reputation of a service you subscribe to?

How about no. How about when I have a good experience, I share it, and when I have a bad experience I -- get this -- *gasp* -- SHARE IT.
Just don't ignore why GnF could be valuable to others, even if it doesn't meet your expectations.
How am I ignoring other people's opinions by voicing my own grievences? You ought to direct this at the prospective subscribers this service. If you had I'd agree with you: If you're reading this thread, take all the good comments and the bad comments and weigh them to decide what to spend your money on.

More than that, I expect the average CAGer to be intelligent enough to do that without having to take the instruction from you.

ALSO: This annoys me. EXPECTATIONS? Excuse me? When did I ever say it didn't meet my expectations? When (excluding earlier in this post) did I even voice my expectaions?

Let's take an example here: I said the website was slow. So you assume I didn't expect the website to be slow? You assume I expected the website to be fast? What led you to this assumption? It certainly isn't a reasonable conclusion that any sort of logic could lead you to.

Another example: I said the movie selection was horrid. When did I say I expected the movie selection to be any good? When? I'd like an answer. Why would you assume I expected the movie selection to be good? I give you the benefit of the doubt that you are a rational being. Can you be rational? Is that beyound your abillity? Can you not be a reasonable human being, and follow rules of logic and common sense? If you can't, I'd ask that you refrain from posting on internet forums, or at least restrain yourself from jumping to such conclusions when dealing with people over the internet.

Pyro, I'm not going to add too much to what's already been said, because we can go back and forth all night, and agree to disagree, and everything's fine and dandy. The main complaints you seemed to keep highlighting were GnF being slow and not having a very good movie selection. Those two things, as much as anything else, are going to be subjective. That's the same as you saying your expectations were "reasonable". We're dealing in such relativities here. What's reasonable to you might not be reasonable to someone else, and vice a versa.

For example, just the experience I've had since I signed up 3 days ago is of the contrary. I've got about 20 items in my queue, of which only 2 are currently "on order", those being Rear Window and The Odyssey. I had no trouble at all getting World Trade Center or The Devil Wears Prada. As I mentioned I signed up on the 16th, and received both movies on the 19th. That's perfectly acceptable to me.

I can agree about the website though. It could use a makeover...and maybe some added features, but it's not unusable, so I can live with it. Honestly, I wish you the best with your membership. I wish us all the best. Obviously, as GnF gains more subscribers they SHOULD make improvements about how they run the company, and here's hoping they will. Mostly what irritated me in this thread were people who were members for like a day freaking out and saying "They haven't sent me anything!!! This sucks!! What a scam!!!" That's going a bit overboard.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Mostly what irritated me in this thread were people who were members for like a day freaking out and saying "They haven't sent me anything!!! This sucks!! What a scam!!!" That's going a bit overboard.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree with you. In fact, I think we both agree on more than we realize.

I feel I was making reasonable points, and everything I've said so far stands.

bread's done
Back